AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-01-27, 22:35   Link #61
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom_ryder View Post
relationships make me oh so very tired... thinking about growing up too fast and becoming an adult makes me more tired.... *shock* ... oh no, ive gone and done now havent I? *mumbles... must make self un-grown up. I wish I'd realised before I left High School that the place wasn't so bad afterall... better yet... that it only gets worse from there..

... *turns on t.v...

ok I'm better now
Words to live by:

If you you look back on your life and think that high school was the best part of it then you messed up somewhere down the line.

Making your own money > begging mom and dad for money.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 21:39   Link #62
phantom_ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage View Post
Words to live by:

If you you look back on your life and think that high school was the best part of it then you messed up somewhere down the line.
hey thanks man no really.. i appreciate that. it's true as all heck and im glad someone brought that to my attention before "down the line" got longer than i can manage. thanks again, regrets and nostalgic fantasies are for people who don't have guts to live in the now!
phantom_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 22:20   Link #63
Renvi
Seimei

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage View Post
Words to live by:

Making your own money > begging mom and dad for money.
Well, I guess I have something to look forward too, then. xD

Interesting topic, BTW. Got some good laughs (those links from the other boards were hilarious!) and good tips. xD

No time to get a boyfriend, though...I mean, gee, college! Anyway even if I get a boyfriend, I probably won't go to the same college as him, and I hear long distance relationships aren't always the best. (essp. if it's your first relationship... >>; -i'm lame-)
Renvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 23:29   Link #64
phantom_ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renvi View Post
Well, I guess I have something to look forward too, then. xD

Interesting topic, BTW. Got some good laughs (those links from the other boards were hilarious!) and good tips. xD

No time to get a boyfriend, though...I mean, gee, college! Anyway even if I get a boyfriend, I probably won't go to the same college as him, and I hear long distance relationships aren't always the best. (essp. if it's your first relationship... >>; -i'm lame-)
lol don't worry about it.. youre not lame at all. just breathe in and out between each thought k? hehe you're fine.
phantom_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 23:48   Link #65
Renvi
Seimei

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom_ryder View Post
lol don't worry about it.. youre not lame at all. just breathe in and out between each thought k? hehe you're fine.
roffles. xD
Thanks~
yea, I know I tend to ramble... o_o;

Renvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 19:23   Link #66
retardation
phantom loser

anyone here pick up girls/guys at an animecon/club

i was wondering how many of you people actually get dates/form relationships with people in your anime circles. i personally have never done anything like this. at this point i'm probably too old for it since anime seems to target more of the teenage/undergraduate crowd but the whole idea of it seems pretty intriguing.

if anyone has dated someone through anime (or tried to) please tell your story.

of course i ain't got a story but since i started the thread i have to say something so lemme give a little anime club anecdote that might be somewhat related. in my school's anime club (which i only attended about 3 times), i saw this girl one time that i swear i had played dungeons and dragons with earlier in the year. i don't really play d&d (not that there's anything wrong with that) but i was invited by some people and the girl i saw in the anime club looked very similar to one in the group of ppl i had played d&d with. my university isn't in the biggest city, there is only one major university in the city, and being in an anime club and playing d&d seem like two things that probably go hand in hand so i thought the chances it was the same girl were pretty high.

now i wasn't trying to hit on her or anything like that but i guess i was staring at her for a bit while trying to decipher if she was the same girl. eventually i go up to her in front of her friends and ask, "didn't i play d&d with you before" of course i get the reaction and the harsh "no." i bet she probably thought i was trying to pick her up with a smooth d&d opening line or something. i think that incident deterred me from trying to really hit on a girl in an anime club type of environment.
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 19:28   Link #67
onehp
Banned

http://forums.anime-expo.org/index.php?showtopic=5492

Here is one from many of an aged 25 female from Anime Expo

Quote:
I met my bf back during AX2005!
I was cosplaying Priest from ragnarok online, he was wearing normal clothes.
the details are like....

At the autograph session for azue yamamoto early in the morning(8am), i was the first few ppl arrives there 1 hour before the autograph. Since there wasnt any sign for the session, i went to ask a AX staff. when i came back, a line formed already and a group of ppl (including my bf) took my place.
I told them i was there but they thought i was cutting in the line..then i got my place back because ppl in front said i was there with them.

then this group of ppl behind me started talking. I heard they said "berkeley", i told them im from berkeley too. then we start talking together, about anime, about games, about our dreams..

after AX, i got back to berkeley taking summer school, the guy who said "berkeley" starts chasing me. I dont like him in the beginning..but it was really fun playing games and watching anime together.
2 months later, i became his gf. This year we are going to AX2007 together to celebrate the 2 year anniversiry of our meeting.
onehp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:00   Link #68
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
24 isnt old. we are still young. never done it, i usually just walk around looking at stuff to buy and hope and pray the girls wearing the skippy stuff falls out of the dress to get me a peek, because im perverted like that.
Old 2007-07-22, 22:31   Link #69
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Nope, not really. I'm just there to enjoy some time away from work and home. But If i do happen to meet a person, i would try to build a relationship out of that.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 16:47   Link #70
raikage
日本語を食べません!

I've made female friends from con's.

I wouldn't look at a con as a dating area -- while you all do have common interests, your time together is pretty short and to me it looks kind of desperate if you're trying to hit on someone as fast as you can.

Even in the AX story, they got together a couple of months after the con -- they became friends there and more-than-friends elsewhere.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 14:08   Link #71
mistershow

dating has been rough for me lately. the last guy i dated seemed perfect, until i realized that he had some ultra weird fetishes that he expected me to perform. ever since them, my friends tease me by sending me links to videos on youtube and other random pictures that somehow relate to the situation, lol
mistershow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 22:27   Link #72
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
Ever feel like the girl/guy you like is way out of your league?
No, because anyone that thinks that you're "not in his/her league" don't deserve you, because no human is better than the other. Try to date someone that respects you.
Old 2007-07-31, 17:11   Link #73
Numinous_Pulchritude
...take my breath away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
No, because anyone that thinks that you're "not in his/her league" don't deserve you, because no human is better than the other. Try to date someone that respects you.
I agree. Some people are just full of themselves.

I love you all. xD
Numinous_Pulchritude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 07:15   Link #74
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistershow View Post
dating has been rough for me lately. the last guy i dated seemed perfect, until i realized that he had some ultra weird fetishes that he expected me to perform. ever since them, my friends tease me by sending me links to videos on youtube and other random pictures that somehow relate to the situation, lol
Haha. Aww but that's a shame. I'm sorry.

Anyway... I've been SO unsuccesful with girls. I've just left school recently. And I've never had a girlfriend. (So don't worry Renvi ).

Hmm there was this one girl... but I NEVER spoke to her. By the end of school, though, I realized she didnt seem very nice. I just I could've said SOMETHING though....

But oh well. Gotta move on.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 12:09   Link #75
animesaint

Its all up to you man!!!
Actually its up to both of you to maintain a relationship.
Gl, HF, hopefully GG.
animesaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 12:23   Link #76
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistershow View Post
If your trying to avoid people with weird fetishes, I don't think talking about it on the internet is such a hot idea (just saying)
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 11:29   Link #77
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Well "FOME"..i noticed its been over a year since you started this thread..
i was woundering how things are still going dude?..
Old 2007-08-03, 16:21   Link #78
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
I've just left school recently. And I've never had a girlfriend. (So don't worry Renvi ).
Don't worry. I never had a girlfriend in high school either... because my parent didn't want me to have one: they're trouble >_> yeah right.
Anyway... at college I didn't have one either. At work the same. Actually I don't even bother looking for someone.
And now that I'm back to studying, it's still the same... except this time I'm starting to realize something and point is I don't think I'll ever get one.

And at my age I'd really look like a fool so I'd better let it go and focus on other plans.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 16:31   Link #79
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Oh dang.... but do you mind? Heh but I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. You're parents say girls are trouble eh...? You're mum's a women right? (No offense).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuubiRocks View Post
Well "FOME"..i noticed its been over a year since you started this thread..
i was woundering how things are still going dude?..
Woah really!? O_O
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 02:00   Link #80
Kingdom
Romance addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
While I do agree with you, I think the topic creator was just referring to how sometimes we all might feel inadequate in the face of someone who we think is out of our league.

Personally, that's why I really dislike it when people judge a book by its cover (though, I'm guilty of this sometimes XD).
Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom