AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-05-03, 15:25   Link #721
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

That's fine with me, appearing the very second Nanoha needed help in A's was a bit farfetched anyways. This way Nanoha can maybe make a call using her telepathy or something. I wonder what the radius of that is.
Old 2012-05-03, 15:31   Link #722
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I don't see why the big damn heroes scene should be removed either. The dream sequence during the final battle, yeah, but the rescue of Nanoha is a fitting entree for Fate. You could simply say it took a while to breach Vita's barrier as an excuse why it took her so long.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 15:42   Link #723
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Or maybe she's still staying on the Arthra since they haven't secured a house yet? Anything's possible.
Old 2012-05-03, 17:02   Link #724
Elle_White

Yeah, I don't see why they'd remove the big damn heroes moment. Fate and Nanoha's bond is supposed to be even stronger this time around, so I don't think they'd skimp on such a badass scene. I'm fine with them moving it after the reunion, because it'll be less sudden. I don't think it will take away from it's awesome.
Elle_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 18:17   Link #725
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
But since Fate is already planetside, she would be able to respond earlier. And since Yuuno haven't been confirmed to be planetside, she might hog all the glory this time.

*shrugs*Just saying you might not want to hope too much about Yuuno getting any role. The wind doesn't seem to blow that way.
Oh, I'm not getting my hopes up for anything, really. The first movie already proved how much it can sideline secondary characters in order to focus more on Fate (no, Arisa and Suzuka, your part wasn't important at all in the grand scheme of things... except maybe that it was the sole reason Nanoha was able to reach out to Fate in the first place). Not to mention Nanoha's family.

If the title character can't get backstory and development in her own film the first time around, I have little hope anyone else will get anything in A's.

Anyway, Fate being planetside will most likely make the rescue more awkward. The delay of her arrival in the series could be explained by the Asura having to make the trip and not being there yet (explaining why Yuuno had to teleport them in). If Fate's already planetside, then it will beg the question "Why didn't she arrive sooner?" It's already been shown that it doesn't make much to get into a barrier; just issues getting out of one. Vita specifically cast that one to capture the mana-rich target she was hunting.

Hell, if Fate is living in Japan now, she probably should have been caught in the barrier, which means it should be a quick team-up with Nanoha against Vita.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 18:19   Link #726
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Maybe Vita won't appear alone at all? Probably the whole Wolkenritter will descend on the heroes right from the start.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 18:24   Link #727
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post

Anyway, Fate being planetside will most likely make the rescue more awkward. The delay of her arrival in the series could be explained by the Asura having to make the trip and not being there yet (explaining why Yuuno had to teleport them in). If Fate's already planetside, then it will beg the question "Why didn't she arrive sooner?" It's already been shown that it doesn't make much to get into a barrier; just issues getting out of one. Vita specifically cast that one to capture the mana-rich target she was hunting.

Hell, if Fate is living in Japan now, she probably should have been caught in the barrier, which means it should be a quick team-up with Nanoha against Vita.
The wolkenritter appeared out of the blue and Nanoha was smashed into the building by Vita rather quickly. Fate may be in the same country but she wasn't with Nanoha while she was practicing her magic. It has to take at least a few minutes to figure out what is going on, and where. Let alone the fact that Nanoha is in trouble and needs to be saved...

Last edited by Demi.; 2012-05-03 at 18:39.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 18:27   Link #728
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ I think what Kaijo meant is that if Fate is currently living on earth the Wolkenritter more likely would go after her instead of Nanoha (or at the same time if they split forces) which will make sense because Fate is still more powerfull than Nanoha in terms of raw mana which is exactly what the Wolks are after.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 18:28   Link #729
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
If the title character can't get backstory and development in her own film the first time around, I have little hope anyone else will get anything in A's.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Nanoha has never been about Nanoha. The only reason S1 focused as much on Nanoha as it did was because it introduced her, but the main plot of S1 was centered more around Fate than Nanoha. Fate is the one with the problem, Fate is the one who actually goes through character development, Fate is the one who gets actual resolution. Likewise, A's is Hayate's story. It's not until StrikerS that Nanoha actually gets a plotline for herself in the form of Vivio and her struggle with sudden motherhood.

Vivid seems to follow this trend as well. Despite being the titular character, the story so far has been more about Einhart than Vivio.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 18:31   Link #730
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
^ I think what Kaijo meant is that if Fate is currently living on earth the Wolkenritter more likely would go after her instead of Nanoha (or at the same time if they split forces) which will make sense because Fate is still more powerfull than Nanoha in terms of raw mana which is exactly what the Wolks are after.
I don't think the wolkenritter would really know who has the most magic power at just a glance. I remember shamal being surprised with how many pages Nanohas linker core filled up. And Nanoha was by herself on top of a roof...There is no telling where Fate is at this time.
Old 2012-05-03, 19:41   Link #731
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
The wolkenritter appeared out of the blue and Nanoha was smashed into the building by Vita rather quickly. Fate may be in the same country but she wasn't with Nanoha while she was practicing her magic. It has to take at least a few minutes to figure out what is going on, and where. Let alone the fact that Nanoha is in trouble and needs to be saved...
Raising Heart detected Vita's barrier going up before it actually reached her. Common sense would dictate that Bardice would detect it, too. There were several long minutes between the barrier going up, and Vita attacking Nanoha. After all, the latter had time to leave the house and end up on the roof of a tall building.

If Fate has anywhere near the reaction time that Nanoha did in the series, she should be in the barrier and trying to contact and meet up with Nanoha in order to face whatever is coming together (along with Arf).

Thus, if she's nearby and doesn't, there better be a damn good reason why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Nanoha has never been about Nanoha. The only reason S1 focused as much on Nanoha as it did was because it introduced her, but the main plot of S1 was centered more around Fate than Nanoha. Fate is the one with the problem, Fate is the one who actually goes through character development, Fate is the one who gets actual resolution. Likewise, A's is Hayate's story. It's not until StrikerS that Nanoha actually gets a plotline for herself in the form of Vivio and her struggle with sudden motherhood.

Vivid seems to follow this trend as well. Despite being the titular character, the story so far has been more about Einhart than Vivio.
I don't dispute that this is the way it is; but my view is that it shouldn't be this way. Nanoha herself has some interesting backstory in terms of her family and her friends. She's a fairly unique individual, being very mature for her age. It's one of the main things new people I show Nanoha to, show considerable disbelief at. So even though I like that maturity, I would prefer that they actually take some time to show why that is, and then fit in a bit of growth. They kinda did that in StrikerS with Nanoha becoming a mother to Vivio.

It can be about both Nanoha AND Fate. It doesn't have to be about one or the other. A good series will give some good development to all characters, even if they are secondaries; reference Vice in StrikerS.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:05   Link #732
Elle_White

I guess it actually hasn't been confirmed that Graham won't be in the movie. We only know for sure that the Leize twins won't be there. It would make sense for him to still be there, because he was vital to the plot in the original; much of the conflict came from his decisions. And I was beginning to wonder how Hayate was able to live in her house, afford a train ticket and so on without Graham financially supporting her. It wouldn't make any sense without him there.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:13   Link #733
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
You can always send the money (XD... probably by mail or something).
Old 2012-05-03, 20:22   Link #734
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Raising Heart detected Vita's barrier going up before it actually reached her. Common sense would dictate that Bardice would detect it, too. There were several long minutes between the barrier going up, and Vita attacking Nanoha. After all, the latter had time to leave the house and end up on the roof of a tall building.

What? Wasn't Nanoha up on the roof before she detected the barrier. Practicing her magic and all.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:22   Link #735
Elle_White

No, I mean if Graham doesn't exist in the film at all, then Hayate's source of money in the original would be gone altogether, and unless someone else was providing her with the money to get by, it would be a plot hole.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:32   Link #736
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, Demi., Nanoha was in her bedroom when the barrier went up.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:36   Link #737
Kaijo
Banned

You're confusing earlier in the episode, when she was practicing magic in the park, which was during the day. Vita attacked at night.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:42   Link #738
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle_White View Post
No, I mean if Graham doesn't exist in the film at all, then Hayate's source of money in the original would be gone altogether, and unless someone else was providing her with the money to get by, it would be a plot hole.
Huh, didn't thought about that before. Yeah, how will they justify a nine-year old living alone with that kind of money and not have Social Services investigate this time?
Old 2012-05-03, 20:56   Link #739
Elle_White

I now think Graham will be in the movie. Because they only confirmed that the Leize twins wouldn't be in the film. If they're planning to leave Graham out, I think they would have mentioned it along with Leize Twins not being around. And he is part of the major source of conflict in the original. It would make sense, on many levels, to keep around. I think they'll have him somehow manipulating things from the behind the scenes.
Old 2012-05-03, 21:05   Link #740
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
You're confusing earlier in the episode, when she was practicing magic in the park, which was during the day. Vita attacked at night.
Well regardless, it would still make sense to me. The barrier was obviously large and the wolkenritter were not all at the same position. Even if Fate caught note of it, she wouldn't know exactly where to go. Nanoha only caught note of Vita, because Vita was heading in her direction and then attacked her.

Most likely she was with Lindy and I don't think she'd want Fate diving head first into some unknown entity to begin with...