AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2019-06-29, 18:52   Link #361
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^Well, we know that Trish most likely won't die since the mission is to protect her from her father, Bucciaratti is pretty much just a zombie living on way too much borrowed time, Polnareff is a turtle and Mista dies every other episode (man, try explaining any of this to someone that hasn't seen the show before)... So probably Giorno (so far the only Jojo to die at the end of their arc was Jonathan), Trish and maybe Mista (if the number 4 doesn't come back to bite him in the ass or something, I am still waiting for it) will be the ones to be alive by the end.
Can I just say how much I actually like Polnareff as a turtle? It just...really works for me for some reason .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-02, 03:49   Link #362
Sheba
Must Bury Qiqi
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat
Age: 41
About Doppio/Diavolo, there was a very interesting fan theory: Diavolo was actually a Chimera. It makes sense when you considers the strings of bizarre happenings before and after his birth. In other words, Diavolo is not just 2 minds inhabiting 1 body, but literally 2 bodies AND 2 minds fused into 1 individual. That could explain his bizarre body change when he switches from Doppio to Diavolo and vice-versa. And his Stand may be a mirror of his human chimera status.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-02, 08:36   Link #363
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
^That is probably the most likely explanation.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 14:41   Link #364
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Would you be my girlfriend?
Age: 31
So Dioppo is dead for sure right? Also, considering this latest beat up I wonder what we'll have with the last two episodes to end the story. The first half was pretty good but the second one felt like padding as if saw Diavolo planning strategies like a Yugioh character.
__________________
https://cdn-forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic215413_33.gif
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 19:02   Link #365
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Yes, Doppio is dead.

We've known Bucciarati would die for quite some time now (unless some people thought he'd be saved?), but his death was still sad. His parting words to Giorno were nice.

The most OP stand in all of Jojo with one of the most broken ability in all fiction finally makes its appearance. Quite the mindfuck for Diavolo.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 20:36   Link #366
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Seriously, 3 weeks from now? *facepalm*
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 20:40   Link #367
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Would you be my girlfriend?
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Seriously, 3 weeks from now? *facepalm*
I guess this happened because the recaps made them lose their timeslot.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 21:00   Link #368
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that was weird. Gold Experience Requiem is indeed broken. And it is broken in such a way that I'm not exactly sure what it is doing .

Oh well. Checkmate on Diavolo. He's definitely done for.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 22:43   Link #369
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
After seeing it so frequently on battle boards, I guess now I'm seeing first hand why GER is such a broken ability.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 23:18   Link #370
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Why did they feel the need to add all those noises to the Opening? Did it really improve it at all or add anything? I found it fairly distracting. The only moments it worked for me was the King Crimson sequence .

Diavolo is reminding me a lot of Dio at this point. They even talk similarly and have similar villainous breakdowns. I guess this might be the closest Giorno will get to meeting somebody like his dad, more or less .

Man, are we sure Bruno isn't distantly related to the Zeppeli's? Because that was such a Zeppeli death. Going out in an awesome way with one last move, inspiring their JoJo with some words of wisdom, and leaving with the knowledge that JoJo will be able to win the day and avenge them. It was sad seeing Bruno go but I can't say he didn't die well .

And, for all his efforts to redeem the organization, save Trish, and stop the Boss, it seems Bruno managed to earn his way into Heaven .

So, uh...is Polnareff dead now? They kind of left the subject of the turtle unaddressed after everyone switched back to their bodies .

Considering all the insect imagery associated with Giorno and Gold Experience, it was fitting that it's evolution would evoke a butterfly hatching out of it's cocoon .

"Gold Experience Requiem," kind of a mouthful .

Well, Giorno is now the most overpowered JoJo. Been a while since I've seen a JoJo dominate their respective main villain this thoroughly .

I was kind of surprised they didn't update the Ending with Gold Experience Requiem's design.
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 02:45   Link #371
Aogami
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well that was weird. Gold Experience Requiem is indeed broken. And it is broken in such a way that I'm not exactly sure what it is doing .

Oh well. Checkmate on Diavolo. He's definitely done for.
There's some very frightening aspects of GER that are left to be explained and won't spoil since it will be shown in the finale, but basically to explain what was shown this episode in the most simplest way: It's the power to revert reality itself, It doesn't matter how powerful an ability you have, whether it be to erase time, stop time, or raw power that can destroy a planet instantly, if you attempt to use that power you will simply end up back at point zero.

Even you think you did take an action you never really did, and you never will do said action. All the while GER can still move to finish you off as you're simply stuck unable to do anything as any and all actions you do will simply be meaningless since they will never even occur to begin with.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 20:27   Link #372
alex_drian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
I think Diavolo has taught us an important lesson: use a condom.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 23:55   Link #373
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
How do you defeat a broken ability? You pit it against an even more broken ability.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 00:20   Link #374
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for final thoughts:
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 01:13   Link #375
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aogami View Post
There's some very frightening aspects of GER that are left to be explained and won't spoil since it will be shown in the finale, but basically to explain what was shown this episode in the most simplest way: It's the power to revert reality itself, It doesn't matter how powerful an ability you have, whether it be to erase time, stop time, or raw power that can destroy a planet instantly, if you attempt to use that power you will simply end up back at point zero.

Even you think you did take an action you never really did, and you never will do said action. All the while GER can still move to finish you off as you're simply stuck unable to do anything as any and all actions you do will simply be meaningless since they will never even occur to begin with.
Wow, that's so broken it feels like an understatement to call it broken. We're in a show where a characters was essentially written out because his stand was too powerful and yet we end up here . Giorno was given a pure win button that he doesn't even need to consciously employ .

On a side note, I do wonder if the remaining episodes will tie back to his being Dio's child. It's weird that in a show about discovering the true identity of Trish's father...Giorno's just isn't tackled. He's the mystery child of a major villain. And yet if you just skipped the first couple episodes you wouldn't be that confused. Heck maybe the last episodes will touch back on Giorno's original desire to be a Gang Star.

Still, at least he comes out of this with the most broken stand possible. I'm not even sure if it is possible to create something more broken in a future season. Maybe a stand that prevents broken powers from interfering with other broken powers?
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 01:24   Link #376
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
King Crimson: it just works
GER: no it doesn't
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 12:07   Link #377
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
On a side note, I do wonder if the remaining episodes will tie back to his being Dio's child. It's weird that in a show about discovering the true identity of Trish's father...Giorno's just isn't tackled. He's the mystery child of a major villain. And yet if you just skipped the first couple episodes you wouldn't be that confused. Heck maybe the last episodes will touch back on Giorno's original desire to be a Gang Star.
At this point the Dio parentage seems to have only justified him being a JoJo (since he has Jonathan's blood) and his Stand cries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
King Crimson: it just works
GER: no it doesn't
Time hax versus basically God .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 12:25   Link #378
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
At this point the Dio parentage seems to have only justified him being a JoJo (since he has Jonathan's blood) and his Stand cries.
There's also the Bucciarati zombie stuff as well.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 18:41   Link #379
Vegard Aune
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Why did they feel the need to add all those noises to the Opening? Did it really improve it at all or add anything? I found it fairly distracting. The only moments it worked for me was the King Crimson sequence
I mean, that's basically a staple at this point; Every Part has had sound-effects in the opening for the final episode that actually features it. Though I agree. It's distracting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
King Crimson: it just works
GER: no it doesn't
I've been saying for a while, "It just works" is a far better description of Gold Experience than it is of King Crimson. Requiem only further emphasizes that... Or, maybe not. Gold Experience Requiem's power is actually exceedingly simple;
"No." Its power is "No."
__________________
Thinking of stuff to put in a signature is hard...
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 19:51   Link #380
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I've been saying for a while, "It just works" is a far better description of Gold Experience than it is of King Crimson. Requiem only further emphasizes that... Or, maybe not. Gold Experience Requiem's power is actually exceedingly simple;
"No." Its power is "No."
Yeah, I think I basically get the logistics of King Crimson. It's just really overpowered.

Gold Experience Requiem is basically, well, God .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.