AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-06-13, 11:00   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
when quicktime fails you =<

I downed a nice plug in for after effects, all precomposed films that you can edit in the program and theyre all in a .mov extension
well normally i have no problems playing them, i have cccp, quicktime alternative but these i cant open, i tried media player which doesnt even play it, vlc shows a black screen and now i downed the quicktime pro however everytime i click ont he shortcut it wont boot, you see a little setup bar int he taskbar for less than a second before it poops away again and it doesnt do anything, tried to open the video file through right click -> open with and to then select the quicktime program but i cant find the exe for it anywhere in the folder, i reinstalled it multiple times now but cant get it to work

the important thing is though that they do work in after effects but id like to see them first before using them, i had no trouble with another plug in that had the same extension. any advice?
Old 2008-06-13, 11:44   Link #2
martino
makes no files now

CCCP Insurgent -> Tools -> Media Information and a Test Render on the file please.

Sorry, but I doubt it'd be able to help you with the rest.
Old 2008-06-13, 14:50   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
CCCP Insurgent -> Tools -> Media Information and a Test Render on the file please.

Sorry, but I doubt it'd be able to help you with the rest.
it gives a message unsupported stream so i cant do a test render of the file (it doesnt support the quicktime extension)
want me to put one of the preset compositions online?
(meaning one of the quicktime files the plug in has, theyre short about 5 secs)
Old 2008-06-13, 14:59   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

If it's not too large, post a sample file up and I'll take a look at it. I'd be interested to know what codecs the video file makes use of.

It also sounds like your installation of Quicktime failed, and that's why you're unable to use Quicktime itself. If you found a copy of "Quicktime Pro" and you didn't have to pay money for it, it's likely a non-legit/illegal executable and I wouldn't necessarily trust it. Quicktime Pro doesn't offer a wider support than standard Quicktime does. If you're going to try with Quicktime again, download Quicktime from Apple's site directly.
Old 2008-06-13, 15:07   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

http://rapidshare.com/files/122230504/Arrow_01.mov.html

my mistake, it was the normal version that one is showing these symtombs, i got it from the official website. my bad but heres one of the files
Old 2008-06-13, 16:09   Link #6
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Wow, Rapidshare's new captcha system sucks horribly. It says "only enter the symbols that are attached to cats" but each symbol seems to have a cat-like animal. I must be failing kindergarten here. I get one "error: wrong code" and then I try again and it tells me that my browser doesn't support Javascript (presumably that's the second error: wrong code message). Can you host it somewhere else?
Old 2008-06-13, 16:39   Link #7
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Wow, Rapidshare's new captcha system sucks horribly. It says "only enter the symbols that are attached to cats" but each symbol seems to have a cat-like animal. I must be failing kindergarten here. I get one "error: wrong code" and then I try again and it tells me that my browser doesn't support Javascript (presumably that's the second error: wrong code message). Can you host it somewhere else?
of course

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DSWLTMMQ

took a while, thought mediafire would do good but it took forever, over 2 hours
Old 2008-06-13, 17:01   Link #8
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Thanks. I was able to open it without a problem, but it's certainly a very strange file.

The format is "[Apple] PNG" with dimensions of 1400x1166 and 60 fps. I've never heard of something being encoded in PNG, although I have heard of a PNG-type format that was equivalent to a GIF. I don't think that's what this is, though... either way, very strange, and I'm not surprised that a lot of other players choked on it given that it's a strange codec and that it has a huge resolution.
Old 2008-06-13, 19:53   Link #9
EusebioKun
OMG I go to college!

Send a message via AIM to EusebioKun
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I downed a nice plug in for after effects, all precomposed films that you can edit in the program and theyre all in a .mov extension
well normally i have no problems playing them, i have cccp, quicktime alternative but these i cant open, i tried media player which doesnt even play it, vlc shows a black screen and now i downed the quicktime pro however everytime i click ont he shortcut it wont boot, you see a little setup bar int he taskbar for less than a second before it poops away again and it doesnt do anything, tried to open the video file through right click -> open with and to then select the quicktime program but i cant find the exe for it anywhere in the folder, i reinstalled it multiple times now but cant get it to work

the important thing is though that they do work in after effects but id like to see them first before using them, i had no trouble with another plug in that had the same extension. any advice?
i've always had trouble with quiktime for Windows, find another player that can play .mov. You'll waste less time doing that than fixing Quik.
Old 2008-06-13, 19:58   Link #10
martino
makes no files now

There is CorePNG, however I think this is something different. I was able to decode it fine with mplayer under Windows, but as Karuma mentioned it did crash MPC w/ CCCP. Strangely enough the FourCC present in the file, "png ", is not a valid one apparently, or mkvmerge seems to think so. I tried to tinker with ffdshow's codec settings, but couldn't find anything that'd make it work... so uhh... mplayer FTW?

Spoiler for mplayer output:

Spoiler for AVInaptic output:

*thinks some new Apple evilness to enforce usage of QuickTime...

I'd play a bit with ffmpeg, however it's a bit late here so I doubt that'll happen.
Old 2008-06-13, 22:04   Link #11
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
It does run fine under QT in OS X (no surprise there), but from what I see it's some form of animated vector image instead of a video, seeing as how all of my video tools have no idea what it is. QuickTime itself is no help just because it says "QuickTime Movie" instead of telling me what's inside it.
I also want to add that MPlayer under OS X refuses to play it.
Old 2008-06-14, 01:06   Link #12
Ledgem
Love Yourself

This is a very non-standard type of file; I wouldn't be so quick to blame Apple or Quicktime.
Old 2008-06-14, 03:44   Link #13
cyberbeing

I can play the file fine on WinXP with Quicktime 7.5 Pro, MPlayer, and MPC (which uses Quicktime). You might want to try just installing the free official Quicktime 7.5 because its possible that Quicktime Alternative could have removed support for this type of file considering it's not all that common. Quicktime isn't all that bad, just make sure you disable all the file associations it tries to steal. Under file types, uncheck everything except Quicktime Movie and under MIME uncheck everything except for SDP Stream Descriptor, RTSP Stream Descriptor, Quicktime Movie, 3GPP, 3GPP2, and AMC.
Old 2008-06-14, 03:47   Link #14
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
This is a very non-standard type of file; I wouldn't be so quick to blame Apple or Quicktime.
very true, because my other mov files work perfectly with cccp, its just those from the plug in
i guess it has to do with the file since it was made to use in after effects, the reason why it is such a strange file is because you can remove the blackness and change the colour of the arrow, all those films were preset to white with black background so you can easily remove them and use them in your projects

edit: finally got those films to work properly, well not playable but workable in after effects, for those interested, since it is a different kind of file than a normal .mov file
to change colour you invert these first, pick a channel other than RGB and play with the curves or the hue factor XD

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2008-06-14 at 11:14.