AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-24, 23:47   Link #41
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Pretty much that bolded part from what I could recall. And I just stole the manga synopsis so I'll probably get around to altering it eventually.
That is what i figured, a lot of potentially unfortunate implications/nightmare fuel by the setting, will be hand waved away because adding girls to Kurou's harem is Serious Business.

The series will still no doubt be an enjoyable read, as long as the haremettes are interesting, it will just have to hold more narrow focus on the main character's, and not have many deep thoughts on the setting.

Just hope the various characters are interesting. I am a bit hopeful that Kurou has a competent male friend who is with him so far, since too many of the recent harems seem to have either no other male characters, or ones that serve just to show how much more mature the MC is.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 09:18   Link #42
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Spoiler for other stuff:

A final comment, I don't mind swordies too much as a name and actually works quite well if you think of them as SWORD groupIES.
See, now that would explain everything.
Old 2013-07-25, 10:58   Link #43
blackwhite67
Banned

Hmm...I was rereading the prologue manga chapter and it said that Sakurai Hinako, the maid who Kurou rescued from the sun cult, was a human. Yet, when Kurou first rescued her, she emanated light so I assumed that she must have been a Swordie. I wonder if we'll ever see human-Swordie hybrids.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 11:03   Link #44
Hiyono

I apologize for the derailment of the topic, but I just had to comment on this =P

Quote:
Now onto my comments, is that it truly sucks to be a human in that world. No matter how skilled or capable you would be, you would always be a second class citizen. You may be able to buy yourself into having some position in the [company] aristocracy, but you would still largely be ignored by a near majority of the [aristocracy], no matter your accomplishments or abilities otherwise.
So...how's this any different from present day Japan again?
Quote:
That should create a brain drain away from Japan as many of the most skilled and ambitious Japanese go overseas where they would be appreciated better.
Except for the fact that the Japanese never leave Japan. You're talking about a country which is 98.5% native Japanese and a population of which only some 2% ever emigrates to another country. So yeah.
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 11:10   Link #45
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Hmm...I was rereading the prologue manga chapter and it said that Sakurai Hinako, the maid who Kurou rescued from the sun cult, was a human. Yet, when Kurou first rescued her, she emanated light so I assumed that she must have been a Swordie. I wonder if we'll ever see human-Swordie hybrids.
If I got the draft correctly, Hinako shined gold, and the so called "power" or "light" that shines in the swordies can only be white. I bet that it's the usual LN deal of "supposed to be a regular human in capabilities" except for "xx characteristic".

Also, considering that she was being held by an anti government organization, that light / power is probably pretty bad to swordies. Maybe.
Old 2013-07-25, 11:27   Link #46
Hiyono

Like it says in Peachy's translation, the line explicitly states that the gold radiance that came from Hinako was different from the white light that Swordies have.
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 11:33   Link #47
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
If I got the draft correctly, Hinako shined gold, and the so called "power" or "light" that shines in the swordies can only be white. I bet that it's the usual LN deal of "supposed to be a regular human in capabilities" except for "xx characteristic".

Also, considering that she was being held by an anti government organization, that light / power is probably pretty bad to swordies. Maybe.
Alternatively, really good for them, like a power booster. This is based off of the last illustration of vol 1, where it looks like Hinako is somehow boosting Sefi.
Old 2013-07-26, 00:36   Link #48
Jirachier

I like this series, though I wonder how Kurou is going to power up seeing how he's not a Swordie so he can't use the light energy.
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 00:52   Link #49
bones

If Hinako can use light of a different color then why not Kurou. Will have to wait and see how they explain Hinako's use of light.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 00:59   Link #50
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I like this series, though I wonder how Kurou is going to power up seeing how he's not a Swordie so he can't use the light energy.
If that was what you think then perhaps you should see till the end of vol 1 but I can reveal a bit for you something interesting:
Spoiler for Secrets. Read at your own risk:
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 01:12   Link #51
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCalibur View Post
If that was what you think then perhaps you should see till the end of vol 1 but I can reveal a bit for you something interesting:
Spoiler for Secrets. Read at your own risk:
thanks for the infos, then:
Spoiler for question:
Old 2013-07-26, 01:28   Link #52
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
thanks for the infos, then:
Spoiler for question:
Spoiler for spoil:
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 01:58   Link #53
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Spoiler for spoil:
Yeah.
Spoiler for Example:
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 02:17   Link #54
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Btw how does the Swordies beat us human anyway? I get that they are faster and stronger then us average human being but come on they use sword only while we have nuke, missile, gun, and all the modern weapon. So how the hell we human get owned by bunch of sword-welding sword-zealous girls?
Old 2013-07-26, 02:39   Link #55
Jirachier

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-07-26, 02:57   Link #56
Kadi
知識の探求者

I think you may have just killed the project... if I were TJP, I'd be furious right about now... I've heard the blender's gotten hungry lately.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 03:37   Link #57
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
I think you may have just killed the project... if I were TJP, I'd be furious right about now... I've heard the blender's gotten hungry lately.
euh I don't see why, to begin with If I had seen a message from the translator about not asking questions regarding future chapters I wouldn't have done so, also the informations are in spoilers tags so it users aren't going to read them by accident while reading through here and more importantly there are even users like me who probably wouldn't start reading a series unless they've gotten to see a few bits of spoilers here and there to get a general idea of what it is about, look at Mahouka it's one of the most liked novels and it has extensive summaries before the volumes even got translated but still a very very big amount of users read the translation afterwards myself included(several times actually).
anyway I really hope i didn't kill the project because I really do enjoying reading this.
Old 2013-07-26, 03:37   Link #58
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
I see what you did there.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 07:42   Link #59
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I have been alway wanted to read this and now it getting translated.

Big thank to Thatsjustpeachy.

*edit*

After reading the 1st chapter, I am a bit confuse. Is Sakurai Hinako a Swordies or a Human?
Cause in the manga, it said she is a human but in the LN she shown to have the capability of using "Light" which only Swordies could use.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”

Last edited by mike211; 2013-07-26 at 09:39.
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 09:31   Link #60
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Btw how does the Swordies beat us human anyway? I get that they are faster and stronger then us average human being but come on they use sword only while we have nuke, missile, gun, and all the modern weapon. So how the hell we human get owned by bunch of sword-welding sword-zealous girls?
what so hard to figured out, they are physically overwhelm human and to make an reference a strong strike with a bokken is far more than enough to break a trained man skull and to them it'll just little painful even to the weak one, plus the their light and their own sword that could be doubled as an almost unbreakable shield, in a situation where aircraft and radar is nullified, Nuke and missiles is useless since without radar and coordination, they will do more harm then goods, with their physically capabilities reach the level of withstanding bokken hit, a gun damage will be limited to a certain extent, taking into account the emotional factor that we see a bunch of human stand up after hit by gun or block a bullet with a sword, most ppl cannot hold their own calm to resume battle and their are many cases where the sides with inferior technology and army still archive victory.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, mf bunko j