AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-03-24, 08:31   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 488 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Full Spoiler released

Quote:
-The Various countries Daimyou’s meet to discuss the recent alliance between the Shinobi. Many of the Daimyou seem to distrust the Shinobi. The meeting ends with the various leaders agreeing on some course of action in regards to the Shinobi alliance. Are the Daimyou going to disband the alliance (No they are not)?

-Naruto and Sakura joke about her putting Kiba, Lee and Sai to sleep. Comical scene ensue…Karin bemoans Sakura's ability to poison her teammate…

-Sequence involving the various Kage returning Home and receiving word of the Daimyou meeting.

-Cut to Kiba bitchin’ and moanin’ and joking around with Naruto and the gang.

-Karin comments, to herself, on the bright and cheerful nature of Naruto's chakra. But, she also senses a deep darkness buried beneath (dun Dun DUN!)....

-When, suddenly, 3 Root ANBU show up. They talk to Sai, who confirms that upon Danzou’s death, the curse Seal disappeared. Sai announces Kakashi as the new Hokage.

-Cut to Tsunade, who slowly wakes up…

-Cut to Naruto talking to the younger Shinobi generation. They, rightfully, lambast him for not dealing with the weakened, half dead, Sasuke. Naruto tries and defends himself, but he acts like a petulant child. He finally explains that Sasuke is up to him, and none of them should do anything about it…

-Cut to Homura and Koharu who talk of Danzou’s death, before confirming Kakashi as Hokage. But then, a genin bursts into the meeting with urgent news…

-Cut to Tsunade fully waking up…

-Cut to Sasuke, bandaged up post-EMS surgery…

Last edited by james0246; 2010-03-24 at 11:37.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 08:38   Link #2
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Interesting, so does this mean that Kakashi's not going to get his shot at hokage after all . Maybe Tsunade will step down after hearing all the news for some reason, or maybe Kakashi can request getting his face on the mountain for being hokage all of five seconds

Hey James, this is about the same as the last spoiler on the previous thread, except no mention of Kabuto. Does he not show up after all? I thought it sounded awfully sudden.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 08:39   Link #3
Alchemist007
*Author

I just don't see Kakashi as Hokage. Though Tsunade is back so w/e.
Old 2010-03-24, 08:39   Link #4
Nite-Wing

A lot of developments this chapter, nice
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 08:46   Link #5
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
Hey James, this is about the same as the last spoiler on the previous thread, except no mention of Kabuto. Does he not show up after all? I thought it sounded awfully sudden.
Actually there is a brief mention of Kabuto in an early spoiler, but it has no context, and since he does not appear in any of the longer, more complete, spoilers, nor does he appear in any of the released images, I decided to leave the name drop out for now.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-03-24 at 09:02.
Old 2010-03-24, 08:49   Link #6
SeanQ

omg Tsunade v Kakashi for hokage title please xD
Old 2010-03-24, 09:03   Link #7
Rurik
Golden

So, the seal was released upon Danzou's death...and now Karin is going to fall in love with Naruto....

This Chapter sounds just about right as a bridge between arcs.
Old 2010-03-24, 09:04   Link #8
darkmaster074
------

being a hokage sucks ..... kakashi must stay in battle field.
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 09:05   Link #9
Nite-Wing

Tsunade vs Kakashi for the position of Hokage makes no sense from what O gather Kakashi really doesn't want to be Hokage unless he has to. Tsunade waking up pretty much bails him out.

Did Madara need bandages after he took his brothers eyes?
Then again Sasuke had a fancy surgery and didn't just rip his eyes out.
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 09:15   Link #10
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Karin becomes friends with Sakura…
Abused fangirls have got to stick together.

Quote:
But, she also senses a deep darkness buried beneath
That'll the the crow Itachi shoved down Naruto's throat.

Quote:
Cut to Tsunade, who slowly wakes up
About goddamn time.

Quote:
Naruto tries and defends himself, but he acts like a petulant child
He IS a petulant child.

Well at least a lot seems to happen this chapter, with a chance of something really interesting being revealed next week.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 09:21   Link #11
james0246

^Actually, in this case, the petulant child act is an act. The final page of the scene has Naruto acting like a buffoon with his friends, before he starts walking away, and he becomes serious looking. He is acting the goof currently, but he has not truly slipped back into that role.

That being said, this chapter, once again, royally fucks the whole concept of travel time...
Old 2010-03-24, 09:26   Link #12
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
For some reason that's the first thing that popped into my mind too, but isn't it way more likely it's just the kyuubi she senses?

Last edited by Emilis; 2010-03-24 at 09:47.
Old 2010-03-24, 09:41   Link #13
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
For some reason that's the first thing that popped into my mind too, but isn't it way more likely it's just the kyubi she senses?
Aye it's the Kyuubi, I'm 100% certain it's referring to this.

Anyway, the abused Sasuke fangirls
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 09:45   Link #14
herculan

Quote:

Oh yes, of all the things that it could be.. First of all THE NINE TAILED FOX DUUUUH... second of all.. sinister feelings like sai mentioned about naruto feeling hatred towards sasuke deep down.. and maybe just maybe you can put the crow at option nr 3.. But sure.. ofcourse if you think a crow is a source of evil then go ahead.
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 09:53   Link #15
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Kakashi never wanted to be Hokage. He will definitely want Tsunade to remain. Tsunade would then hand over the reigns to Naruto. The Year of Kakash has been a dud so far. Oh well, we still have plenty of time to go.

When the Konoha kids meet it's like the Justice League of America or the Avengers.

Thank goodness everything is moving. We'll probably stay in Konoha for the time being with glimpses of the other villages preparing for war.

Those Naruto x Karin shippers might actually have something. Interesting that Hinata has become wallpaper and Sakura has turned into a crazy person, while formally bad girl Karin is getting tons of positive development. Enough to be a main character's love interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Actually, in this case, the petulant child act is an act. The final page of the scene has Naruto acting like a buffoon with his friends, before he starts walking away, and he becomes serious looking. He is acting the goof currently, but he has not truly slipped back into that role.
Someone will see through Naruto's act and confront him about Sasuke. Going by Kishi's Jump Festa interview, that person will be Shikamaru who will become his new BFF until Sasuke comes back.
Old 2010-03-24, 10:00   Link #16
Crimson Reaper

I said Crow because isn't the Kyuubi a bit too obvious? I mean doesn't she know he's the carrier after all that time working with Orochimaru and Akatsuki? You guys can't be 100% right about this, neither can I.
Though Naruto's own deep buried feelings of anger and betrayal are also a good option.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 10:05   Link #17
james0246

^Maybe it has less to do with Itachi, and more to do with the fact that it came from an Uchiha? Maybe she is sensing the same darkness that pervades Sasuke inside of Naruto (given to him by Itachi)? Those Uchihas man, they are primo fucked up, so if it is a "darkness" then I expect it is coming from the fact that the crow is an Uchiha construct...then again, Karin seems to be sensing mindfucks and insanity recently, so she could simply be feeling the hidden depths of Naruto's own rage...
Old 2010-03-24, 10:06   Link #18
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So I suppose this sort of marks the end of this arc huh?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 10:17   Link #19
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Kakashi never wanted to be Hokage. He will definitely want Tsunade to remain. Tsunade would then hand over the reigns to Naruto. The Year of Kakash has been a dud so far. Oh well, we still have plenty of time to go.
I would be a bit surprised if Tsunade stayed hokage, just because it would be fun for the story to have someone new in the position. Don't know if Kakashi would be willing to step up to the role though. I would not be surprised if she says she is stepping down now either out of guilt for what happened to the village, or perhaps she will say that it will be a long time before she can store up the power she had gathered in her seal, so she won't be capable of protecting Konoha as she did a second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Those Naruto x Karin shippers might actually have something. Interesting that Hinata has become wallpaper and Sakura has turned into a crazy person, while formally bad girl Karin is getting tons of positive development. Enough to be a main character's love interest.
That's funny, maybe Kishi couldn't make up his own mind as far as who to please in all the Naruhina vs Narusaku wars so he decided to give each their chance then pretend one didn't exist, and antagonize the other while cleverly throwing a new girl into the whole thing! This way everyone's happy... or furious! More likely though she will end up disappearing into the pages like Temarri. Seriously why does Kishi even put girls in this manga. The rate he's going he should have just made it an all male cast and said ninja's developed a hermaphrodite-no-jutsu for the sake of reproduction.

Quote:
I said Crow because isn't the Kyuubi a bit too obvious? I mean doesn't she know he's the carrier after all that time working with Orochimaru and Akatsuki? You guys can't be 100% right about this, neither can I. Though Naruto's own deep buried feelings of anger and betrayal are also a good option.
Sure one of us is 100% right, it's just that no one can be 100% sure who that is yet

Oh, as long as we are talking about that crow, I had a question. Did that even happen in the anime? I just rewatched a lot of the series with my younger sister, and when it was at the part where it happens in the anime, I never saw the crow. Itachi just said he wanted to speak with Naruto and then after a different scene, it shows the group with Kakashi finding Naruto alone. He looks kind of funny and tells them nothing happened when questioned, but no crow scene. Did I just miss it, or will it just be shown as a flashback later if it ever becomes important? Just kind of found it interesting that something that everyone still keeps anticipating in the manga was just glossed over in the anime.
Old 2010-03-24, 10:26   Link #20
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Personally, I never understood how eyes can be transplanted in this series if medical-nin can't heal nerves. I think Kishimoto overlooked something... because continuity is seriously lacking here.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion