AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-10, 01:46   Link #61
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i can see why the yuri tag could be placed here. its killer having to wait one month at a time..
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 07:39   Link #62
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i can see why the yuri tag could be placed here. its killer having to wait one month at a time..
Have to say I wouldn't mind a little yuri. Hikari is such a lady killer.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 00:03   Link #63
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*wonders why there's been no news for Amanchu! this month so far*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 06:02   Link #64
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*wonders why there's been no news for Amanchu! this month so far*
Chinese scans probably aren't out yet. Dunno.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 11:04   Link #65
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

As I heard, the guys are sitting on it for the lulz.

EDIT: Actually: http://amanocentricscans.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Solais; 2009-04-17 at 11:38.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 08:25   Link #66
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

YES, THANK YOU!!!!

Very much appreciated

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 01:02   Link #67
mandarb916

Anyone still following this?

Picked up vol1 and found it to be very well done...it feels as though Amano Kozue's matured quite a bit as a story teller, though it might be due to the fact that the chapters are more or less a continuous story unlike a lot of the standalone chapters of Aria.

Was a nice surprise to learn that some parts take place a few blocks from my family home in Japan too
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 20:22   Link #68
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Anyone still following this?
We sure are. We just don't have the luxury of having it as available as you do :V
I'm looking forward to Kozue Amano taking more risks with this series
Old 2009-12-07, 20:31   Link #69
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yes, i still follow this. i think the most recent chapter was great because everyone wants to remember all their treasured times, and it would have been a killer to actually delete photos (and hence, forgetting about said times) from memory.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-12-08, 18:56   Link #70
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
We sure are. We just don't have the luxury of having it as available as you do :V
I'm looking forward to Kozue Amano taking more risks with this series
Sorry, I figured scanlations had been out for a while since vol1 was printed about 4 months ago...
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 19:57   Link #71
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Well there are releases though. The inactivity probably has more to do with the series being a slice-of-life. There just isn't much to speculate about.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 07:46   Link #72
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Is anyone still reading this?

Last few chapters have been classic Amano, what with some solid development for Dotty, and this months chapter (chapter 15) focusing on the twins a little bit. Ai looked absolutely adorable with that blush.
Old 2010-03-04, 10:49   Link #73
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Last few chapters have been classic Amano, what with some solid development for Dotty, and this months chapter (chapter 15) focusing on the twins a little bit. Ai looked absolutely adorable with that blush.
I think most of the discussion is either on MAL or the blog itself.
Hairpins on guys. WTF, KA.
Old 2010-03-05, 15:27   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well there should be talk on this forum. The title deserves it.
Old 2010-03-05, 18:29   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

I did not see that blush coming. And yes, she looked adorable. Though Dotty is still the most adorable girl in this manga for me
I was so surprised when we learned she didn't know how to swim in chapter 14, she has been pushed by Pikari more than I thought. Should have seen that one coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Hairpins on guys. WTF, KA.
Seriously, what the hell? It's just not right... unless the boy is a trap (yes, I'm thinking of Hideyoshi)
Old 2010-03-05, 18:30   Link #76
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

good chapter. nice development for Ai. the cover art was stellar.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-03-06, 04:44   Link #77
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Though Dotty is still the most adorable girl in this manga for me
Yeah Dotty is super adorable. Her lifestyle and development do play a part in that, which just makes you want to hug her and never let go.

Pikari is still my favorite in the series though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Seriously, what the hell? It's just not right... unless the boy is a trap (yes, I'm thinking of Hideyoshi)
This is not going to seem as a surprise coming from me, though i think it looks good on him. He obviously doesn't want to get his hair cut (or he would have already ), and having hair over his eyes must be annoying.
Old 2010-03-06, 14:24   Link #78
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, girly guy needs a change. i kinda like Dotty the best. and the sensei too. but you can't not like Pikari, so i guess she's in there somewhere in the mix too. its safe to say they're all good characters.

but thus far, no one has captured me like Alicia though.

Old 2010-03-06, 14:34   Link #79
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah it's seriously a great cast, and they interact so well together. Plus it's so adorable how much Dotty has changed since her first appearance, i just love her development.
Old 2010-04-01, 10:26   Link #80
Falkor

chapter 04

dotty blushes a lot methinks...

reading amanchu and this chapter in particular made me want to try scuba diving, but I wonder if it's possible to do so even if I don't know how to swim (yep, I took some basic swimming classes and I was still unable to stop myself from drowning/sinking... so sad...). never liked swimming, really; but I would like to try scuba diving. it seems fun and relaxing. :P

hmm, club activities... I was part of the go-home club in all my years of high school (I know how you feel, dotty), except for my first year maybe, when I joined the football club. I loved football and still love it. it's a game I enjoy playing, and also one that is interesting to watch. but I just didn't like the activities, the part where you have to train. I enjoyed playing football for fun (with friends) and it wasn't entirely like that in the club, and so, I stopped going after a while (maybe I was just too lazy... :P). thanks god, joining something other than the go-home club was not mandatory. by the way, why did my school have swimming and not scuba diving?

I think dotty is a somewhat introverted girl (you can also say shy). I'm also a somewhat introverted person, so I can relate to her: how she is easily dragged along by pikari, how she remains quiet and doesn't always express what she thinks and feels, or how she gets anxious and embarrassed by the simplest of things. her personality, the way she is, makes her so far my favorite character (slightly above pikari and sensei). to see her slowly opening up---to her new friend, to the new school life, to this new activity---is in itself very refreshing and nostalgic. :P

"The current that is gushing out relentlessly from my heart will lift me into the air"

chapter 05

oh dotty, I know you feel... when you see small groups forming and hope for someone to invite you over. it's already hard when you are shy, but it becomes harder when you are new to the school. oh and it's nice to have friends that can cheer you up. :P

"the fellow who thinks he is lucky will always be a truly lucky fellow"

chapter 06

ARIA poster in the background!
I think I learned something out of this chapter.
oh pinching your nose...
the two girls blush too much at each other...

"There is reason and meaning for each piece"

chapter 07

I really like how we are starting to see more development in dotty. there is so much to like about her.
oh it's hard to come up with something to say about this chapter. :P

"Once you take action, you are bound to encounter something"

chapter 08

today I, dotty... lol
by the way, I think I just learned her name... will probably forget it very soon...
I keep thinking... the background art is just amazing...

"without trying you won't accomplish anything"

chapter 09

oh new characters...
I think I learned something new about scuba diving, but nothing stayed in my head. :P
it starts to feel more and more like ARIA.
by the way, that was a weird and yet funny exchange of possessions.

"that's because this is the season when life begins"

chapter 10

it was one funny chapter. seeing people run so much is reminding me of my lack of fitness. I should start running/jogging in the mornings once again... soon, very soon.
brother looks too plain, methinks; and dotty is cute as always. :P
oh, I wonder why we didn't have any water-related clubs at my school even though I lived very close to the beach. (actually, there was the swimming club; but that one doesn't count...)

"don't mind me and just go"
"one is a monkey panty girl. the other has a bloomer with the jersey stripped half way."
if this was another manga, I would have read that line with some other meaning in mind... :P
"that's youth, isn't it"

chapter 11

this chapter made me feel a bit nostalgic, especially the last part. I (and my friends, too) used to draw and scribble a lot on the board, while we were waiting for the teacher to come. I wonder if we were just that bored, since it was all about making fun of others... :P I don't remember ever using the chalk in enlightening ways, if I didn't have to. I think we did it for fun, just for the heck of it---so everyone will be able to see it. :P

jersey-half-stripped-off-bloomers-girl dotty... lol
ai-chan... :P
oh, they can draw pretty well. :O

chapter 12

it felt slightly like ARIA.
I think I can relate to dotty in many ways. I may not be as shy as her, but oh I know exactly how you are feeling: when friends are far away, when you start to notice that physical distance and all of sudden you realize that conversations have become shorter and fewer---maybe because you are now busy; maybe because they are busy, too.

makes me wonder, do digital photo frames really exist? never mind, don't answer...

"I'm certain that whoever hangs up first... will be scared"
"but I'm also sure that for whoever hangs up first... it will be most painful"

chapter 13

if previous chapters felt a lot like ARIA, this one was just like ARIA. (can't really explain how... :P)

Aria President spotted on the last page!

oh dotty, I also feel absent-minded when the weather changes, especially when the sky gets cloudy and rain starts to fall. it's something I can't help but do, maybe because it makes me feel nostalgic, too.

Akira and sensei must be related somehow, their personalities are so similar.

"So I can only dedicate my efforts to enjoyable things"
"For that I'll go to any lengths"

chapter 14

oh I knew, I just knew it...

"Humans cannot change the past and others, but they can change themselves and the future"
oh I like this quote.

chapter 15

this chapter felt sad and touching and moving, in the ARIA way...

makes me feel sorry for her. getting excited at first, and then disappointed when the true came to light. but now I see the older with different eyes, as a slightly more interesting character. I liked how she showed us her more girly, less violent and weaker side---oh her embarrassment and different reactions were quite surprising (and amusing at the same time). But I also liked, how she reacted in the end, overcoming her disappointment and new-found emotions (?) with positive thinking and plain enthusiasm---it was very mature of her, I think.

As far as the brother goes, I just realized that this chapter was told from his point of view. and I think this was an interesting choice in itself, since he is the person who is supposed to know her sibling the best, and yet he had no single clue of what was going on through his sister's head.

"tightly bound by a thing known as body language"
very interesting quote... :P

"When I see people trying their best. I feel happy without even realizing it."
"Don't you feel overflowed with their energy, and want to try your best, too?"

it's hard to find stuff that can put smile on my face, but this one does.

lately, I have been feeling a bit nostalgic about school. Reading Amanchu! just came in the right moment.

oh, I really want to see this one animated---hopefully... soon... maybe. need a new fix of "healing anime"

by the way, I'm really liking the covers of the manga. yenpress, please license this. :P

oh, finally some people posting in this thread after a long while. :P
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diving, shounen, slice of life