AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-21, 00:18   Link #61
gsquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
Just got myself a copy of both singles.
Hot damn! I love the "Sweet Bitter Beauty Song"!
yep, you are absolutely right. the tune is so addictive. be rockin out whenever and wherever i listen to the instrumental version.

Last edited by gsquared; 2009-04-21 at 00:34.
gsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 01:21   Link #62
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
Just got myself a copy of both singles.
Hot damn! I love the "Sweet Bitter Beauty Song"!
Hard copies? Or just the usual "stuff"... LOL

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 01:31   Link #63
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
Hard copies? Or just the usual "stuff"... LOL
The usual.
But I also pre-ordered for the copy itself for me to keep.
Old 2009-04-21, 02:20   Link #64
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Personally love the full version of the ED song "Don't Say Lazy"...as expected from KyoAni,always came up with great tracks for their popular made animes.

2nd song..i'm so speechless.I think i'd heard this kind of rhythm and beat before..but kinda dropped my expectation to trash since i was hoping the 2nd song to be something like "Don't Say Lazy".Well not that bad...but still i prefer Don't Say Lazy more
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 04:11   Link #65
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Tune's of both singles track stand on their own, definitely some of the top anime singles for this year.

Last edited by Hypernova; 2009-04-26 at 06:46.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 07:33   Link #66
xslasherpro

the instrument is most likely a keytar a keyboard that hangs from your neck like a guitar enabling the sweep sound of the keyboard
xslasherpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 08:34   Link #67
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Love all 4 of the songs. Can't wait for the School Festival song.
Old 2009-04-21, 08:34   Link #68
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Hmm... honestly? I think the video is what made the ED so popular. Listening to the ED full-version by ear only, I kinda felt that it was too repetitive and erm... kinda uninspired.

I just couldn't feel the groove rising within me.

The OP full-version on the other hand, fared much better and I think I should have paid more attention to it the first time round.

My opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Cheers.
Old 2009-04-21, 09:27   Link #69
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Hmm... honestly? I think the video is what made the ED so popular. Listening to the ED full-version by ear only, I kinda felt that it was too repetitive and erm... kinda uninspired.

I just couldn't feel the groove rising within me.

The OP full-version on the other hand, fared much better and I think I should have paid more attention to it the first time round.
I have similar feelings.

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 09:31   Link #70
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The ED and the accompanying song blew me away.

The accompanying song with the OP is unexpected to be a speed rock. I have a feeling it is going to make it into IIDX. However, the bass for the drum has an unusually high pitch.......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 12:28   Link #71
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Cagayake Girls is beginning to grow on me, though Don't Say Lazy was still my preferred choice as my new mobile ringtone.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 15:22   Link #72
Nerroth
NePoi!

The three other songs aren't bad, but DSL is easily the best of the bunch!
Old 2009-04-21, 16:36   Link #73
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
I have similar feelings.
Aye...its a nice ED, but it very much feels like its lacking that punch when you listen without the visuals.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 21:23   Link #74
CWW
Lurker

Probably because it lacks a guitar solo to make it stand out. You can hear a faint sign of improvisation at 2:17, but it's kind of drowned out by the other instruments. The keyboard solo is nice but too short.

I like the OP though especially the part where they introduce the members.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 00:41   Link #75
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

It's much less improvisation as it is just going from playing chords to single notes, she plays those types of notes for a fairly long time.
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 14:54   Link #76
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The problem I have with DSL is that in the end the song is just too mumbly sounding, not very well sung (to processed and distorted sounding and these are amateurs) and the musical accompaniment just not all that pleasant or inspired. The whole experience is definitely another case of Video Making The Radio Star.

As for Cagayake Girls, I've only got a few things to say. As a sugary fluffy pop rock song it's honestly pretty tolerable, but nothing I would want to listen to on repeat. It's a shame that the first few bars suggest a much more intricate and inspired effort though only for it to just end up kind of average. Then again that seems to be the overall story of K-On right there so I can't say I am surprised anymore. Too use a popular quote, "as expected of Kyoani". At least the one I have come to know.

Haven't heard the other 2 songs yet, but I suppose I might as well since perhaps they'll be enough to raise the album up a little from the realm of average.

By the way, on a whole it might be hard to tell and it's not by much, but I slightly prefer the opening to the ending like some others if I absolutely had to make a choice between listening to one or the other.

Edit:

Alright, just listened to the other two. As for Happy !? Sorry!!, I have to laugh because it definitely has that B-Side feel and like it was made simply to be fun. Definitely has that 60's surfer music type sound going on a little at parts, but it also feels like the lyrical pitch and style clashes a little with the type of music. Not bad, not great.

Sweet Bitter Beauty Song may have the most uninspired title I've heard in a while, but then again it is a B-Side track. I've stopped expecting much of anything out of these K-On tracks, so I'll just say that this was certainly the most above average of all the tracks so far, but still nothing outstanding or that would make me want to listen to it more then once or twice. I do kind of wish that they had mixed up the tempo a little bit more on this one because it seems like it's begging for some sort of extended solo (the one off-vocal part we got was the most interesting part of the song, but I feel they could have done more with it) to give it a little extra oomph. Then again as I said above.....

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-04-22 at 15:14.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 07:15   Link #77
bigben1989

Cagayake Girls is pretty much a good song
I like the part where by the chours is being repeated in a bass and higher pitch
but the ending kinda kills it off

well
Don't say 'lazy'
I would prefer Don't say 'lazy' over the opening song
Well the starting got a nice music to it
The beat
The lyrics
Its a song that I would want to hear it over and over again
bigben1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 08:06   Link #78
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I'd say that the OP does work a bit better simply as an opening song and the ED as an ending song, so I think they are both in the correct positions
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 04:33   Link #79
kyosak
poo

I like the part with all the girls doing a solo on their instruments in the OP
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 05:11   Link #80
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Finally got around to reviewing the OP (see sig for a link) and I'd have to say that the Cagayake! GIRLS album was fairly forgettable. The songs weren't too compelling and doesn't do much to make itself become all that memorable. Anyone who says that "Cagayake! GIRLS" is one of the better OP songs is severely underestimating the caliber of other shows which have the ability to deliver something that's much better.

Don't get me wrong, it's enjoyable, but not to the point where I'd listen to it nonstop like I do with other OPs.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote