AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-02-15, 16:46   Link #261
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Hmm, I kinda see your point. Perhaps that the way I described the Mech itself was a bit too "impressive".
That could be part of it, sometimes stuff isn't as bad in fic as it seems in a profile, but with only the profile to go on and said profile seeming to have so many superlatives in it, it was worrying.

Quote:
But you still missed out two big points. The moonlight can at best be used once per minute. Which then leaves him with two weapons. But he rarely wield two at the same time because they both drain a lot of energy from him. Well... you'll see my point in a few lines.
I was aware of the limited deployment time, but I still maintain that as it's an extremely powerful assassination type weapon it doesn't really need to be used often to fulfill it's function. Likewise I'd still say it having two weapons of that caliber would be pushing it, since again the canon unit can barely support one and it has NO ranged weapons at all. While your guy didn't have great shooting options he still had some.

Quote:
But I still planned for that IS to be powerful. Mainly due to the fact that he is supposed to PROTECT Orimura Ichika, who is one of the CCs with an already quite good power level.
That could be part of the issue too frankly. Ichika is the main character, yes there are people more powerful then him, but they all tend to be villains in order to promote teamwork. Designing someone on his side that significantly upstages him is different and is going to set off alarm bells in many peoples heads. It's not impossible to do well, but it's ALLOT easier to do poorly.

Quote:
Alex is after all, the member of a secret organization that is hacked up in variant parts, going from lawful neutral to chaotic evil.
That doesn't remove the need to keep things balanced and interesting and try not to crap all over the canon characters if you're going to interact with them.

Quote:
I did relook at the entire cast though, and I do believe that some adjustments are needed as you stated.
That's really all I was getting at I'm not like "shit sux ditch it all.", just "I think there maybe some issues in this with regards to the setting"

Quote:
Perhaps it was also the fact that this IS would serve both in JE's and Meister's fan-fics, as well as mine, so I did not really have an idea how to gauge its power.
Could well be, in JEs frankly more overpowered universe it might not be so bad, but in the more restrained canon it comes off as a bit over powered.

Quote:
Not justifying myself, more like trying to see what he's trying to point out and see the level of validity.
And I'm not looking to bash. Like I said calling it as I see it. Nothing improves by just going "oh so cool awesome, nothing at all is wrong with this!!!". Sorry if I might have come off a tad aggressive; it's an issue I'll readily admit to as I can get caught up in disputes and come off harsher then I mean too.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 18:48   Link #262
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
D-A-R-K. Really. Whenever I hear Alice... thinking of the Bloody Bloost Stained Rabbit. XD
GOD! Why does everyone associate the name Alice with those kinds of things?! Damn you American McGee's Alice!!!

Quote:
Spoiler for infinite Stratos : [B]Shooting Star - COVER!!![/B]:
Where the f*** am I?! Jk.

So, I figured a Russian student was in order. So I did the honors. I have yet to draw her IS.

Spoiler for My OC 2:

I wanted to give Alice a rival. I'm going to update her history later.
Old 2011-02-15, 19:55   Link #263
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Name : Fujiwara Keisuke

Male : Age 27

Unit: Armored exo-frame muscle suit and Transformable power armor (Motor Cycle)

Background currently employed at IS's academy are technician but also task as handy man (Does maintenance and repairs at the academy a jack all trade in various fields.) He personally witness the "White Knight incident" a couple of years, was awe struck by IS's combat abilities. A mechanical engineer by profession has been tinkering around on various power-suit/ muscle suit concept, while versatile its fire power still inferior to 1st generation IS's

Unit ability while wearing his customized suit/armor he can be teleport with in 10 km radius of the academy and his weapon pack can be delivery via control or teleport.

Spoiler for inspiration:
Seriously, Magi and Keisuke should be drinking buddies, 2 powered armor pilots who don't really fall in the same IS theory. As much as I want a male to pilot an IS, there are just some precious things in Canon I don't ruin with my ideas.
Old 2011-02-15, 21:12   Link #264
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

OC List Updated with the two new chars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras
GOD! Why does everyone associate the name Alice with those kinds of things?! Damn you American McGee's Alice!!!
That's not the American one to be precise... I'm always thinking of this one:
Spoiler for Big Pic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral
It's an assassin... that glasses things...
Sorry couldn't resist.
Was more specifically referring to the trope YES, THIS

Spoiler for Unidentified IS Spotted: Codename, Crimson Tears:

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-02-15 at 21:36.
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 21:35   Link #265
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Spoiler for NSISA Developments:

That was fun.
Old 2011-02-15, 21:38   Link #266
Terminator98
*Author

Dunno why, that last post of yours makes me think as if Celestial Being will bust in there and foil the program.... XD

Got the portrait done:

Spoiler for Omega Division "Rogue Agent:

edit: Will post his complete portrait later.
Old 2011-02-15, 21:41   Link #267
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Oh and btw. You forgot to add Iron Curtain to the OC IS list comparison thing.
Old 2011-02-15, 21:43   Link #268
Terminator98
*Author

Fixed.

2.5 Class are the most balanced mechs. Seeing more of them is the best. Class 3... Are fuhnz. XD

I think class 2 units should be avoided right now... we have enough of them
Old 2011-02-15, 23:58   Link #269
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
And now for the real McCoy!

Seasons greetings from across the verse, time to show the REAL version of Gilga-tan off.

Spoiler for The Blackened Angel ~ Prime Field Device No. 13 - "Nu":

Even I find it hard to believe the For Answer version is actually more balanced.

Last edited by JamesEdwards; 2011-02-16 at 00:14.
JamesEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 00:00   Link #270
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Decided to add something on the IS,as well as a description.
Spoiler for The character:

Spoiler for IS:Bushwacker:

Who ever get the reference on the plasma weapon get a cake!!!

Last edited by Dragonkid11; 2011-02-16 at 09:26.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 03:38   Link #271
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Decided to add something on the IS,as well as a description.
Spoiler for The character:

Spoiler for IS:Bushwacker:

Who ever get the reference on the plasma weapon get a cake!!!
Hmm... I wonder if I should push him up together with the Class 2 Mechs. It's got quite a bunch of powerful weapons compared to most class 2.5... (well, it can only fit 4 big guns. But 4 big guns ARE four big guns...)

Upped him up with the "Class 2" units for now.
Still hesitating if Merlion should be considered class 2 or 2.5...
Old 2011-02-16, 03:54   Link #272
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Merlion Type-IV has always was at 3.5, given that while all other parameters are equivalent to a late-3rd-gen, her power output is a mid-4G. And even when the arsenal was reduced to sensible levels, as you said, having 2 big cannons and 2 beam bazookas are still having 4 big cannons.

The rest of the posts when I get home. Posted from phone.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-16 at 04:09.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 03:58   Link #273
Terminator98
*Author

I'm not really considering generation here, more like power levels. If you see the bottom of my OC list, I've sorted the IS units in apparent power leves, from class 1 "Uber" to class 3 (currently the weakest one).

I upped Tamahagane to Class 2.5 because she seems to be quite powerful if used with skill.

OC List Updated (IS section). Changed the class names to make it easier to sort out.
Old 2011-02-16, 04:59   Link #274
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Hmm... I wonder if I should push him up together with the Class 2 Mechs. It's got quite a bunch of powerful weapons compared to most class 2.5... (well, it can only fit 4 big guns. But 4 big guns ARE four big guns...)

Upped him up with the "Class 2" units for now.
Still hesitating if Merlion should be considered class 2 or 2.5...
If you mean the big gun as shoulder weapon,well,you might be wrong a little bit...
Ammo also cost space as in point,even if you carry 3 BIG gun and 5 point for ammo,you probably run out of ammo in less than a minutes.So the strategy now for Bushwacker is bring a bunch of small,medium size gun and one shoulder weapon.
If the "Heal" bit is seriously overpower I will up it to 5 or 7 minutes(well,I probably WILL do it anyway,because fight in the anime seem to last more than 10 minutes)
Old 2011-02-16, 07:00   Link #275
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Omega D ?
Omega Division. Nvm I made a mistake and lumped Ed and Alex together. The Hoyay got to me more than I expected..

Quote:
They haven't met before. It's just a scene in my mind but I'm not sure how you plan to do chapter 1. The scene I have in mind is when Laura fired her railgun shot at Ichika and Charles moves to block it Edward partially activates his IS ( only the Mobius VOR) and shoots down the railgun shot just as it was about to hit Charles's shield. How would Laura react to that ?
...apart from completely derailing the canon story? Hmm...

Quote:
Even when Edward did that ?
I was refering to Laura being so obsessed about Chifuyu and Ichika to really give a damn to Ed even if he glares at her. Until the story permits meaning she becomes part of the Ichika Faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It is a tactical pistol firing normal ball rounds.....I am just drawing my experience with the SIG P226 and knowledge of CPTs (Close Protection Teams). Besides, men vs IS-es aren't on par. The IS-es have way too many edges already.
Oh you mean its looks like the plasma pistol on Rachel's IS and was its design inspiration? My bad i misunderstood.

It's never meant to be on par, or the whole premise of canon would be ruined!

I find it much more fun for men to find themselves in useful positions even under these circumstances. Engineers, commanders, supporters, or just plain crazy boots on the ground (or fighters in the air) willing to risk the insane and save the day, these make for more compelling story-telling.

But that's just from my perspective; I have enough males with Ichika, Ed and Alex to explore the effects of IS and men so everything else is lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Anyway, more pencil marks, smudges, and eraser bits all over my desk and paper......

Spoiler for Kari:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*xsplodes*

Pencil marks smencil marks, nuttin' a bit of photoshopping can't fix.

*yoinks for photoshopping*
Captain! I'm picking up large amounts of win in this sector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Spoiler for Alice Smith:

A first Alice full-body shot, for once. Not exactly proud of the picture quality (uploaded by phone in class ), but meh.
Maybe get a better quality one and get it shopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Time for some Lol-istic ones

Let's begins with a normal one:

Now for the madness:

Spoiler for Absurd organization and Ally of Justice: CASaIO! The 'a' is in small letters and no, it is not related to CASIO:

Now for the Representative Candidate of CASaIO:
Spoiler for CASaIO Hero/Representative Candidate: Kamijou Yuu:

Edit: Note: Ayada is NOT the Second Representative Candidate of CASaIO.
XD

Agex, I love CASIO to death. You know everyone is going to call it that, no matter what Yuu says.

Also, Kamijyou is perfect to be the Immortal Kamijyou!

In other words, when I said I was waiting for the aliens from Jupiter to appear in IS, I DIDN'T EXPECT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!!

*adds to Shooting Star side characters*

Quote:
So now! I've been bored and decided to show this off... Made this while I was listening to some music to inspire me for the bad guy I'm making... next post will probably contain his biography.

Spoiler for infinite Stratos : [B]Shooting Star - COVER!!![/B]:

I am not worthy!!

You might want to add from universe by nao to this "1st OP single" cover, as suggested by Saintess.

Shining*Star by 9nine is the 2nd OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Name : Fujiwara Keisuke

Male : Age 27

Unit: Armored exo-frame muscle suit and Transformable power armor (Motor Cycle)

Background currently employed at IS's academy are technician but also task as handy man (Does maintenance and repairs at the academy a jack all trade in various fields.) He personally witness the "White Knight incident" a couple of years, was awe struck by IS's combat abilities. A mechanical engineer by profession has been tinkering around on various power-suit/ muscle suit concept, while versatile its fire power still inferior to 1st generation IS's

Unit ability while wearing his customized suit/armor he can be teleport with in 10 km radius of the academy and his weapon pack can be delivery via control or teleport.

Spoiler for inspiration:
...big glaring problem with the power armor, but other than that... Okay I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
It's an assassin... that glasses things...
Sorry couldn't resist.
Took a leaf from Soifong's book perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Alright... THIS ONE INSPIRED ME TO DRAW SOMETHING AGAIN!
The win is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Where the f*** am I?! Jk.
Didn't you say you wanted to stay in class 1-3 so as to keep out of the way of the canon characters? I made Alice and Shura side characters in Shooting Star as a result...

Quote:
So, I figured a Russian student was in order. So I did the honors. I have yet to draw her IS.

Spoiler for My OC 2:

I wanted to give Alice a rival. I'm going to update her history later.
...where's the Tesla Coil?

Quote:
Spoiler for NSISA Developments:

That was fun.
Yeah. One BIG problem: there are only 461 IS CORES IN THE WORLD! There's already almost a thousand registered cores in this post alone!

Quote:
Dunno why, that last post of yours makes me think as if Celestial Being will bust in there and foil the program.... XD

Spoiler for Shooting Star, beginning intervention!:

*fleeeeeeeeez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Seasons greetings from across the verse, time to show the REAL version of Gilga-tan off.

Spoiler for The Blackened Angel ~ Prime Field Device No. 13 - "Nu":

Even I find it hard to believe the For Answer version is actually more balanced.
...CASIO was accepted because the aliens were a joke. Its too hilarious to censor. This however, the rampant use of EOT when aliens aren't even confirmed...

Quote:
I'm not really considering generation here, more like power levels. If you see the bottom of my OC list, I've sorted the IS units in apparent power level, from class 1 "Uber" to class 3 (currently the weakest one).
So you're looking at the whole package...

Does (just barely) beating a bully from 2nd year armed with a 3G personal IS, using skills from the 1st year ISA curriculum (Accel Turn, Shield Purge) and armed with a 3.5G unit, at the start of the year count as 2.5?
Old 2011-02-16, 07:59   Link #276
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Now, we have 2 fics up at fanfiction.net. Yay for the first CharlotteXIchika fic!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 08:17   Link #277
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Yeah. One BIG problem: there are only 461 IS CORES IN THE WORLD! There's already almost a thousand registered cores in this post alone!
Oh god,I was waiting for someone to said this so I can laugh like hell,and it did well

"Process to ROFL"

Last edited by Dragonkid11; 2011-02-16 at 09:26.
Old 2011-02-16, 08:24   Link #278
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Lightbulb For rls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
...CASIO was accepted because the aliens were a joke. Its too hilarious to censor. This however, the rampant use of EOT when aliens aren't even confirmed...
'tis the Shadow Mirror World, son. I even named the Tesla Licht Institute among other things, and you're getting cold feet at EOT and Aliens? I am in the business of the AWESOME grim dark over here. Serious business. Therefore, EOT and Aliens are a perfectly reasonable explanation, at least by genre standards anyhow, why Humanity would all of a sudden experience a huge Tech boom that completely changes the world's order.

We're great at reverse engineering (read: stealing) another civilization's stuff, don't you know? The problem is when those other folks try to shove their patent and copyright infringement laws down our throats with extreme prejudice, saying we're still a bunch of barbarians; that we can't handle the responsibility of having all this power. ...Or there's the kind that just straight up goes, "Oh! Lookie here. It's kinda early, but~ it's gonna be a great harvest again this year, eh?"

Ooo~, DE CULTURE!
Old 2011-02-16, 08:43   Link #279
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon
Omega Division. Nvm I made a mistake and lumped Ed and Alex together. The Hoyay got to me more than I expected..
Not a mistake for me... XD
Edward is Alex's room mate in my fan-fic as well... so it goes along nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisterbabylon
...apart from completely derailing the canon story? Hmm...
Another alternative for Edward's arrival...

Spoiler for The lightning warrior shows off!:

Quote:
I was refering to Laura being so obsessed about Chifuyu and Ichika to really give a damn to Ed even if he glares at her. Until the story permits meaning she becomes part of the Ichika Faction.
Only two people that can scare or frighten Laura are Ichika and Chifuyu... unless Edward makes a move on Ichika... Of course, please disregard the latest comment... XD

Quote:

I am not worthy!!

You might want to add from universe by nao to this "1st OP single" cover, as suggested by Saintess.

Shining*Star by 9nine is the 2nd OP.
When I meant cover, it was more like "Book Cover" or "Promotional poster/Wallpaper". but yeah, I could do that... XD

but when adding the stuff you said, what does it mean exactly? I'm kinda lost...

Quote:
So you're looking at the whole package...

Does (just barely) beating a bully from 2nd year armed with a 3G personal IS, using skills from the 1st year ISA curriculum (Accel Turn, Shield Purge) and armed with a 3.5G unit, at the start of the year count as 2.5?
Thinking of it... Nope. :P
But isn't it the power of plot and pilot skillz that allows her to do that? Otherwise, I'll lump it with the "High Threat" category, instead of being in the "Moderate Threat" one.

Moved bushwacker down to "moderate" threat after some consideration. Most of all... does that thing have a shield? O.o
Being a BT/MW nerd here... your PPC and Plasma stuff should be high heat and long reload... thus, mounting four of those would leave a slow firing unit, so it kind balances it out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now, my characters listing is complete. Here are all my OCs you can feature in your various works. You are fully authorized to ship them with whoever you want, use them as big damn heroes or as comic relief characters, as harem magnets or harem members, etc.. etc...
YESH!

THE GOOD GUYS:

Alex Hikari

Haruka Hikari

Sarah Delavalliere

THE "BAD" GUYS?:

Enrique Espada a.k.a "Nifelheim"

Sophia Rainer a.k.a "Platinum Princess"

Phew. Now I can write on my fan-fic!
Enjoy the two new "potential" bad guys.

edit: So yeah, OC list updated with the two new baddies.
OC List (Updated)

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-02-16 at 08:59.
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 09:05   Link #280
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Moved bushwacker down to "moderate" threat after some consideration. Most of all... does that thing have a shield? O.o
Being a BT/MW nerd here... your PPC and Plasma stuff should be high heat and long reload... thus, mounting four of those would leave a slow firing unit, so it kind balances it out.
A shieldless IS is a dead IS
But if you mean the shield bits,well...a melee attack could easily slice it in two,several powerful strike can obliterate it,on the other hand,if you use weak and rapid fire like a machine gun,you probably have a hard time break it.(It's the same with BT armor,weak in melee but strong against everything else)

Bushwacker is slow at like,ALL the time.It's a pure ranged unit,so it depend on the bits when a melee fighter get too close,as the bits is hard and large enough to do a head on collision course to the enemy.I will nerf the PPC and plasma cannon,but the plasma rifle would act more like autocannon(Basically,it's the energy styled "Bulldog")

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest