AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 9 17.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 44.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 28.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-07, 22:49   Link #21
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I don't totally believe that. I think it has to do in part with the persons mindset after all the guy who created Chrome Disaster sounded like he was giving off a lot of negative vibes. I mean he did curse Accel World with his dieing breath and imprinted his will there so his hate and rage could keep reincarnating. Now dose that sound like someone stable to you?
i do not know the history of Chrome Disaster maybe im not paying much attention on it or its history is already shown on the light novels? im just basing my thoughts about Chrome Disaster on the explanation provided by this week's episode
Old 2012-09-07, 23:02   Link #22
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
i do not know the history of Chrome Disaster maybe im not paying much attention on it or its history is already shown on the light novels? im just basing my thoughts about Chrome Disaster on the explanation provided by this week's episode
During episode 8 or 9 of the last Arc after Nico showed up asking for help with Chrome Disaster when it possessed Cherry Rook and Haru was talking to Kuroyukihime about it. Kuroyukihime explained it's origins.
Old 2012-09-08, 04:17   Link #23
Meltyred

Oh gawd, Haru is being moe without a trap...
This is revolutionary - -
Old 2012-09-08, 05:30   Link #24
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
During episode 8 or 9 of the last Arc after Nico showed up asking for help with Chrome Disaster when it possessed Cherry Rook and Haru was talking to Kuroyukihime about it. Kuroyukihime explained it's origins.
after skimming that episode again, the first Chrome Disaster was consumed by lust of power as implied by this week's episode too just look at this

[mod edit: Removed Episode 9 screenshot of fansub]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-08 at 13:44.
Old 2012-09-08, 08:31   Link #25
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow! SaO reference in Accel World.. nice one!

Blood Leopard-Silver Crow tag team is good as well....
I bet Rust Jigsaw is another Nomi's ally

Chiyu's stripping??? c'mon! I don't get why she did that
and nice one for Haru... He still has his brain to solve Nomi's mystery... I enjoy Nomi's expression very much... now! stomp on his pride, Haru!!!
Google is really your best friend in searching stuff like that.... ^^

next episode... I bet Nomi will scheme an ambush... Rust Jigsaw will show up as well
but Leopard and Matchmaker will save the Nega Nebulus team at the end
wait! we'll get Taku Vs Chiyu??? awesome!!
Old 2012-09-08, 08:34   Link #26
Bombo
TSF Fans

we have two highlight here :
1- Noumi reaction epic .
2- the Nerve Gear from SAO .

So SAO was in the past before AW from this episode...I won't surprise if they made cross between them the past and the future .
Old 2012-09-08, 08:50   Link #27
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That underground gaming world is fantastic. They should give way more focus on cultural and social phenomenon like that. The show would be so much better.

But the plot developments are making up for it. I'm still mostly apathetic to the characters and Haru is still stealing development that ought to go to Taku (specifically the scenes involving Chiyu) but the way more and more layers and side issues are beginning to pile up on this problem is good development.

And I really wish Ayako Kawasumi voiced KYH. I don't mean to hate on Sachika Misawa or anything but there have been too many moments where her imo lacklustre voice acting hurt the emotional impact of scenes. I'm no seiyuu expert on this though so I wasn't inclined to mention this until Pard came into the picture...
Old 2012-09-08, 09:05   Link #28
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That was a really nice episode. Accel World truly does have a great supporting cast, and Pard is no exception.

I also loved Noumi's epic "Curses!" face in this episode. A cornered Nomi is an entertaining Noumi!

The nod to SAO was cool - Too bad there's no official crossovers, might be neat to see Haru get life advice from "Old Man" Kirito. I also like the idea of Chiyu being Kirito's daughter or niece or something like that. She goes for all the guys just like Kirito goes for all the girls.

Just like there's a saying of "SHAFT being SHAFT", I think I'm going to adopt the saying "Chiyu being Chiyu". It's a good way to sum up when Chiyu does mind-boggling things that are nonetheless now totally in-character for her.

I didn't like the "Chiyu being Chiyu" scene in this episode, but otherwise it was really good. 8/10.

And next episode...

The Burst Linkin' Bros!

vs.

Everybody's Most Hated Villain & The NTR Queen!

I'm totally pumped and ready for a fight that I'll have massive emotional investment in, lol.

P.S. Don't take my comments on Chiyu too seriously, they're mostly tongue-in-cheek.
Old 2012-09-08, 09:18   Link #29
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Ok. first evidence of SAO relations?

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-09-08, 09:23   Link #30
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Great episode. You know it is really amazing how fandom reacts to rage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That underground gaming world is fantastic. They should give way more focus on cultural and social phenomenon like that. The show would be so much better.

But the plot developments are making up for it. I'm still mostly apathetic to the characters and Haru is still stealing development that ought to go to Taku (specifically the scenes involving Chiyu) but the way more and more layers and side issues are beginning to pile up on this problem is good development.
Most likely, that would be taken up in the second season.

True. But then again, this series seem to intend to make Taku suffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That was a really nice episode. Accel World truly does have a great supporting cast, and Pard is no exception.

I also loved Noumi's epic "Curses!" face in this episode. A cornered Nomi is an entertaining Noumi!

The nod to SAO was cool - Too bad there's no official crossovers, might be neat to see Haru get life advice from "Old Man" Kirito. I also like the idea of Chiyu being Kirito's daughter or niece or something like that. She goes for all the guys just like Kirito goes for all the girls.
Chiyu being related to Kirito... Hair, check. Everything else, no. Not likely. On the other hand, it would be nice to see "Old Man" Kirito.

Last edited by orpheus2; 2012-09-08 at 09:49.
Old 2012-09-08, 10:29   Link #31
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
after skimming that episode again, the first Chrome Disaster was consumed by lust of power as implied by this week's episode too just look at this
yea and when he was finally defeated he cursed Accel World with his last breath this is how his will, rage, hate, and lust for more power keeps coming back in the form of the armor.
Old 2012-09-08, 11:17   Link #32
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
we have two highlight here :
1- Noumi reaction epic .
2- the Nerve Gear from SAO .

So SAO was in the past before AW from this episode...I won't surprise if they made cross between them the past and the future .
If they did, it'd be an OVA, I doubt they'd implement the crossover into the story.
Old 2012-09-08, 12:49   Link #33
Meltyred

The author already said AW is sort of a alternate future from SAO.
There will be no crossovers, other than non canon stories like "Versus".

If anything, that will have a chance of making it into a OVA, after both series anime's end. (Or their current seasons end anyway, as to not spoil some of the terms used in the story)
Old 2012-09-08, 13:21   Link #34
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Blood Leopard was so freakin awesome, I want tomtake her home. Where else will I find a hot tall dark bishoujo bikermeidogamer?

Solid ep, but IMO i kinda prefer SAO.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-08, 13:36   Link #35
HandofFate

So arc didn't end after all.
Guess its gonna use the full cour to finish this arc.

Chiyu being all secretive is so dumb. And her typical crying is annoying. What level should she be at now? I think she was Lv4 before joining Nomi, so she's probably 6 as well now? also *coughslutcough*

I half-expected it to turn out Nomi is just a pawn, and he get taken out by someone else above him instead of Haru and Co. I'm sure someone will replace him afterwards regardless, but I wasn't sure if the main cast will be the ones to deal the final blow.
Old 2012-09-08, 13:47   Link #36
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Just like there's a saying of "SHAFT being SHAFT", I think I'm going to adopt the saying "Chiyu being Chiyu". It's a good way to sum up when Chiyu does mind-boggling things that are nonetheless now totally in-character for her.

I didn't like the "Chiyu being Chiyu" scene in this episode, but otherwise it was really good. 8/10.

And next episode...

The Burst Linkin' Bros!

vs.

Everybody's Most Hated Villain & The NTR Queen!

I'm totally pumped and ready for a fight that I'll have massive emotional investment in, lol.

P.S. Don't take my comments on Chiyu too seriously, they're mostly tongue-in-cheek.
I wish people would stop calling her that, thank you for at least saying you're not serious. She's made it quite clear on numerous occasions that there's much more to it than that, and that her heart even now remains where it's always been.
Old 2012-09-08, 14:14   Link #37
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Judging on Noumi's face next episode should be pretty close to the climax ;o look forward to it
Old 2012-09-08, 16:03   Link #38
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
So arc didn't end after all.
Guess its gonna use the full cour to finish this arc.

Chiyu being all secretive is so dumb. And her typical crying is annoying. What level should she be at now? I think she was Lv4 before joining Nomi, so she's probably 6 as well now? also *coughslutcough*

I half-expected it to turn out Nomi is just a pawn, and he get taken out by someone else above him instead of Haru and Co. I'm sure someone will replace him afterwards regardless, but I wasn't sure if the main cast will be the ones to deal the final blow.
She was still lv1 when Noumi showed up and got the video. This episode Dusk Taker&Limebell made their official tag team debut (or was it the last one?), back then she was still lv1. Since she levelled up 2 levels while fighting with Noumi, she should be lv3 right now.
Old 2012-09-08, 16:23   Link #39
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

This episode made Chiyu not look like a complete "you know what" so it's an improvement, considering the way her character was acting as of late.
Old 2012-09-08, 18:03   Link #40
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

aww still so much hate for the gal ;x