Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-20, 18:25   Link #401
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic
So it is really going to be that small??!!! Ahhh i want it to be longer lol.

What are these things you get with the first volume? So if i get it a bit later will i not get these things? Also if i order from CD Japan will i get these promotional things?

Soz for all the questions lol.

Oh also they wont have subtitles will they? Or will they???

Only the first press DVDs will contain the extras for the event ticket and prize ticket, but unless you live in Japan you probably won't be able to use either of them anyway. The first press DVDs are already sold out from CD Japan.

And like all of the Japanese PoT DVDs (or any anime DVDs...), there will be no subtitles.

Oh!! And exciting news for the live action movie!! ^_^

there is now a trailer for the movie!! It comes out in theaters (in Japan of course) in May!! It looks soooo good!! (except for the people they picked for Hyoutei... erk)

In sadder news, the Seigaku cast that will be in the live action movie recently announced that they will not be performing in the musicals any more. Their final Prince of Tennis musical appearince will be in this month's "Musical Tennis no Oujisama: Dream Live 3rd" (begins playing in Japan in one week, if you were lucky enough to get tickets... I hear tickets for Prince of Tennis musicals sell out in 5 minutes after sale opens, and even then hundreds of people wait outside the building hoping for extras...). And I was starting to really like them, too... so future musicals will have new Seigaku members (they're even changing the AWESOME freshmen trio actors this time... noooo!!). The only Seigaku member that will be continuing for future musicals is the guy who plays Fuji Shuusuke... but at least since they said this actor will be continuing, we know there will be even more Tennis musicals in the future. ^-^
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 15:40   Link #402
Sweetchinmusic

OHH MY GOSHH!!! the live action movie looks tooo good!! ahh im feeling all tingly lol. Ahhh they definetly have to fansub that lol, if not im gonna study japanese for ages just to do so (not really but i really want subtitles lol). Thanks for the link domino. Some of the people i dont know lol when i clicked on Cast it had random people, it is going to have the whole of seigaku in it yeah?

That sounded so stupid lol sorry, its just that under cast it only really had Tezuka, Echizen and some random people lol. Are the girls Sakuno and Tomomo?
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 16:23   Link #403
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
OHH MY GOSHH!!! the live action movie looks tooo good!! ahh im feeling all tingly lol. Ahhh they definetly have to fansub that lol, if not im gonna study japanese for ages just to do so (not really but i really want subtitles lol). Thanks for the link domino. Some of the people i dont know lol when i clicked on Cast it had random people, it is going to have the whole of seigaku in it yeah?

That sounded so stupid lol sorry, its just that under cast it only really had Tezuka, Echizen and some random people lol. Are the girls Sakuno and Tomomo?

Unfortunately, in the movie, the characters look less like the anime versions (in the musical everyone looked a LOT like the anime characters!). They are all the same characters (so yes, all of Seigaku is there), but they look more "realistic" in the movie (possibly to attract a wider variety of fans and make it look more "real"). I guess a Japanese boy with bright red hair wouldn't be believable... ^_^

On the cast page you can see all of Seigaku in the picture at the top. (from left to right: Kaidoh, Momoshiro, Kikumaru, Tezuka, Ryoma, Oishi, Fuji, Kawamura, Inui).

On the cast page listing, from top to bottom:

Ryoma, Tezuka, Egate McCloud (he's an original character in the movie... a new Hyotei member, I believe ~_~ How are we supposed to believe he's in middle school when he looks as old as Ryoma's dad?), Atobe Keigo, then another original character (played by J-pop singer Sayuri Iwata), then Ryuuzaki Sumire (she looks way too young!! Wah~~), and Echizen Nanjiroh.
Old 2006-03-22, 17:09   Link #404
Sweetchinmusic

Hmm it looks good none the less. Tezuka's nose seems a bit wierd lol but maybe im being picky lol. Are these the characters from the musicals, cause i know they changed the cast from dream live 1 lol. Oh and i wanted to ask you something Domino i know im sorry for all the questions lol

You know FTST when did it come out? Cause i found out that Smash Hit 2 came out in June 2005. Does that mean that im going to have to wait long for another prince of tennis, tennis playing game lol.

Thanks again
Old 2006-03-22, 21:06   Link #405
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Hmm it looks good none the less. Tezuka's nose seems a bit wierd lol but maybe im being picky lol. Are these the characters from the musicals, cause i know they changed the cast from dream live 1 lol. Oh and i wanted to ask you something Domino i know im sorry for all the questions lol

You know FTST when did it come out? Cause i found out that Smash Hit 2 came out in June 2005. Does that mean that im going to have to wait long for another prince of tennis, tennis playing game lol.

Thanks again
Form the Strongest Team came out September 16 2004. The newer tennis-playing games are for portable systems (Nintendo DS). The most recent game is another dating sim...

And yeah, the cast changed from Dream Live 1st. That cast did the story up to St. Rudolph. The new cast (live-action movie cast) has been around for Yamabuki and Hyoutei (2 versions) musicals, as well as Dream Live 2nd and Dream Live 3rd. Dream Live 3rd will be their last performance -- they are going to get a new Seigaku cast again ~_~
Old 2006-03-27, 05:32   Link #406
Raiii
*yawn*

I just saw the OVA....

Spoiler:
Raiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 06:01   Link #407
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiii
I just saw the OVA....

Spoiler:
Question...
Spoiler:
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 12:27   Link #408
Raiii
*yawn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Question...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Raiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 04:18   Link #409
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Just saw the raw. It was nice to see the anime back on track again, after neverending fillers.
Spoiler:

If the ova is going to be around 13 episodes, I hope and believe it will be similar to HxH, as continuing ovas.

Spoiler:
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 06:49   Link #410
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

we have to wait till end of may to get the 2nd oav? nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! ;(
It would be nice to see Tezuka fighting that Okinawa captain and showing us his new moves
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 11:13   Link #411
Sweetchinmusic

Ahhh i wanna see the OVA with subtitles lol. So many spoiler tags makes it look soo exciting. But i think im gonna wait until a copy with subtitles comes out. I have the RAW but i dont want to ruin it for myself lol
Old 2006-04-04, 23:48   Link #412
AdorableKeiko
Girl of many words

Send a message via AIM to AdorableKeiko
Prince of Tennis licensed?

Did Viz Media at NATPE earlier this year announce the PRINCE OF TENNIS anime? Is it licensed?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-04-05 at 02:22. Reason: Threads merged. WE don't need a brand new thread just so that you can ask your redundant question. Read the bloody thread if you want to know the answer. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AdorableKeiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 12:15   Link #413
Sweetchinmusic

POT website for the movie is updated ithink. They have a wicked intro, which shows Tezuka and some other people.

Sorry Domino looks like i did a bit of your job there lol.

Oh and about the anime licensed, im not too sure, there was a convo about it a couple of pages back but even if they did license it, it would take ages to actually get the episodes done. Plus for all the episodes you'd probably have to wait like 5 years or something. But i wouldnt complain if they did lol.
Old 2006-04-05, 15:46   Link #414
domino
デレデレ

Prince of Tennis isn't licensed. Viz is just considering it... which is true for Viz + ANY Shonen Jump title, since Viz handles Shonen Jump overseas...

And the new movie trailer looks so good. Heheh, the tennis moves are kinda silly in real life, but interesting to watch. The scene with Tezuka was really dramatic... heheh, I love Japanese movies and their over-dramatic ness.

Oh yeah, more PoT news: NEW SINGLE!! Rikkaidai's Yanagi Renji is getting a birthday single in June. Happy early birthday, Renji~

And Sanada's album will be out next month...
Old 2006-04-10, 16:14   Link #415
Sweetchinmusic

Ohh, any word on the OVA being Subtitled?

Also does anyone know where i can get the intro song for the OVA, i love it lol. Been watching it repeatedly, but stopping it just before the episode starts lol.
Old 2006-04-15, 18:11   Link #416
Sweetchinmusic

What do you mean? You mean the OVAs?

Also i got PoT Crystal Drive 2005 the other day. Is there anyone on here that also has it? Just wondering if i could get some help with it lol
Old 2006-04-21, 08:59   Link #417
ShinDragon

Live action movie website got updated with a longer trailer & wallpaper section.
(only 2 wallpapers so far.)
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 12:36   Link #418
Sweetchinmusic

Hey did anyone manage to sub the little film after the Futari No Samurai. I think it was something like Atobe's Tea Party or something like that. I heard it was really funny, plus Atobe is wicked lol.
Old 2006-04-23, 15:03   Link #419
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Hey did anyone manage to sub the little film after the Futari No Samurai. I think it was something like Atobe's Tea Party or something like that. I heard it was really funny, plus Atobe is wicked lol.
The side movie is "Atobe Kara Okurimono" (A Gift from Atobe). It actually shows us more of Atobe's kind side than his wicked side. ^_^

I don't know if anyone is subbing it... which is a shame, because it's hilarious and a hundred times better than Futari no Samurai, which two groups subbed... hopefully Anime-Otakus is working on it.

Anyway, official TeniPuri movie website updated with more info, more pictures, longer trailer (TEZUKA ZOOOOOONE). The movie comes out May 13 in theaters in Japan.

I hate the way movie Atobe looks... ~_~ I miss musical-version Atobe!! KAZUKI~~~

Speaking of musicals, the newest gag/concert, Dream Live 3rd, comes to DVD on June 20th. It's already a top preorder online... I hear it includes insane rapping, parodies of Star Wars and Densha Otoko, and Tezuka and Atobe kissing...
Old 2006-04-23, 15:40   Link #420
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Tezuka and Atobe kissing...
Near kissing And cross-team insult-slinging and imitations
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tennis