Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-30, 16:49   Link #21
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I'd prefer neither, thank you.
Every console's got its poisons, so everyone could just be safe and use the method I mentioned above- buy what you need in the stores, never tie an account to a credit card online except when you're fully covered by something like PayPal and your bank. Even that's quite iffy sometimes.
Old 2011-10-02, 19:31   Link #22
Kudryavka

Using a debit card with a strict no overcharge policy would work just like a credit card, but without the risk to the credit score.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2011-10-02 at 19:43.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 20:14   Link #23
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I can't get charged for something I don't have and go into debt though. It's a lot safer.
Old 2011-10-02, 22:27   Link #24
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I can't get charged for something I don't have and go into debt though. It's a lot safer.
Exact same thing with a debit card, dude.

OP, what's the aftermath?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 00:31   Link #25
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Exact same thing with a debit card, dude.

OP, what's the aftermath?
Wasn't aware that you could use a debit card with Microsoft, but okay. It sure wouldn't let me use my old one, at least.
Old 2011-10-03, 03:24   Link #26
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^I dunno about debit cards in the US, but in Europe you can use Visa Electron with any store that offers it's services for credit cards only, if you have activated the '' Verified by Visa '' service from your bank. Your card then acts like a normal credit card so you can use it anywhere, with the exception that you can't buy something if you've no money on your card.

But the risk with debit cards still remain. If you use a card you have a lot money on, ex. your pay from work, you really don't want those money fall into the hands of the hacker, right? Though if that was the case, I'd just get another bank account and a card to use specifically for games. In fact, that's what I have done. One account got my income and to second card I deposit once in a while so that I can buy something.
Old 2011-10-03, 04:15   Link #27
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Ah yes, that's precisely what I do. I've got a savings account for my long-term investments, and as a college student I get an unlimited chequings account separate. That's where I'll deposit my game/online spending monies.

If your bank has an online banking feature, this becomes a lot easier as well, since you can keep everything in one account and instant transfer over what you need as you go.
Old 2011-10-14, 13:25   Link #28
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

LOL a little bit update on my story

After few weeks with no news or update from MS ( I even almost forget about it) I got a phone call from this lovely lady that seems really understand about the problem. She put alot emphasis on the word understanding - LOL

She also offer me 3 month live gold and had email it to me (something that's really useless for me since I won't be using it anyway). At that time I just got back so my brain didn't function really well. After some rest and nice little chat with the others I started to found it a little odd. I check some forum and walaa :

XBL accounts hacked to buy FIFA packs

The Consumerist: Xbox account hijacking on the increase

I Watched In Real Time As ID Thieves Spent My Money On Xbox Live

Xbox Live users suffering hacked accounts

LOL oh well
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote