AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-28, 16:26   Link #101
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

You know what? I still wish Zoro had completely taken-out Hody back when he slashed him...
Old 2011-10-29, 06:34   Link #102
Butagami

Time to throw in my view of the situation:
Hody will go down next chapter, but not quietly, oh no. He'll start shouting things like "I'm not done yet, Straw Hat! You think this is all it takes?! Don't you dare think an inferior species like you can take ME out this easily! I CAN STILL...FIGHT!" *keels over*

Mark my words, he may throw some more punches at Luffy, or some droplets, but Luffy will just evade/get out of his range and calmly say that it's over, hody's lost.
Old 2011-10-29, 07:40   Link #103
Homura7

^Hody isn't going down before his underlings, so no.
Old 2011-10-29, 09:37   Link #104
marvelB

Yeah, I don't see Hody getting taken out that soon, either. However, I do kinda like the idea of Luffy finishing him off in a manner similar to Arlong..... by busting him right through Big Mom's candy factory, that is.
Old 2011-10-29, 10:34   Link #105
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
However, I do kinda like the idea of Luffy finishing him off in a manner similar to Arlong..... by busting him right through Big Mom's candy factory, that is.
That would certainly make a good impetus to incite Big Mom's wrath on the strawhats later on.

-----

Since Crocodile was the first person in paradise to give Luffy his first utter defeat, I really wonder who the New World equivalent of that will be? With all the hype of the post-time-skip strawhats who have yet to show off their full strength, this is definitely something to ponder over.
Old 2011-10-29, 10:53   Link #106
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
^Hody isn't going down before his underlings, so no.
Hody being taken down would free Luffy's hands to work on stopping Noah somehow. While he figures that one out, the others can finish their battles. Zoro appears to have no trouble against Hyōzō, so that one will probably be concluded pretty soon. Brook seemed about to finish of Zeo. Like someone said, wadatsumi might be used as an airbag for noah. Franky's got a frikkin' Mech, so I doubt anyone will be up against him. Usopp has completed his prep work, and says he'll finish it soon. Don't know about Nami, Robin and Chopper but the others all seem to heading towards the end of their respective battle.

Oda may not show it next chapter, but that punch marked the end of Hody's ambition (and esophagus, stomach, liver, lungs, pancreas...)
Old 2011-10-29, 11:28   Link #107
Meloria

I honestly don't believe Luffy has literally busted a hole through Hody. The explosion is probably there to show the kind of force the attack has by going 'right through him' and the way his back looks ripped open is probably just an effect to show much much the attack had stung Hody.
Old 2011-10-29, 12:41   Link #108
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Since Crocodile was the first person in paradise to give Luffy his first utter defeat, I really wonder who the New World equivalent of that will be? With all the hype of the post-time-skip strawhats who have yet to show off their full strength, this is definitely something to ponder over.
Why shouldn't Aokiji, Akainu, Magellan, Kuma, etc already suffice? I personally do not care to see Luffy smacked down anytime soon. He has spent the last 100 or so chapters (pre Hody's silliness) being smacked around like a little kid, so I highly doubt Oda will repeat these humiliations so soon after the time break. Instead, I expect that Luffy will have many encounters like those in the early chapters of the Skypiea arc (brief fights where surprise attacks will deal powerful damage, but the characters will not be defeated.)
Old 2011-10-29, 13:25   Link #109
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That would certainly make a good impetus to incite Big Mom's wrath on the strawhats later on.

That could be true, but I was sorta thinking that the island's residents would take the rap for them in gratitude for helping them ('course, Charlotte and her crew would probably discover the truth for themselves in the end anyway, but I could still see things playing out that way).

As for the strength of the NW enemies..... well, I already argued multiple times (even in this very thread) that Luffy and co. still haven't quite reached that summit yet, but I do think it would be kinda cool if Luffy encountered a fairly strong new enemy (who's neither a Yonkou or admiral's level) and fought that person to a standstill, rather than having a clear loss or win. That way we'll be shown that he meets conditions necessary for a NW pirate. He'll be a part of the status quo, not under or above it. He'll finally be amongst his own, rather than an ant among giants as he was in Marineford......
Old 2011-10-29, 13:29   Link #110
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

speaking of powerups,

Since Luffy is a D, would oda powerup luffy by having him eat a 2nd Devil Fruit?
Old 2011-10-29, 13:40   Link #111
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Why shouldn't Aokiji, Akainu, Magellan, Kuma, etc already suffice? I personally do not care to see Luffy smacked down anytime soon. He has spent the last 100 or so chapters (pre Hody's silliness) being smacked around like a little kid, so I highly doubt Oda will repeat these humiliations so soon after the time break. Instead, I expect that Luffy will have many encounters like those in the early chapters of the Skypiea arc (brief fights where surprise attacks will deal powerful damage, but the characters will not be defeated.)
The person in question could very well be any of those characters you mentioned above. I'm not saying that Luffy is going to get smacked around anytime soon, but inevitably someone is going to hand his ass to him at some point. Don't expect Luffy to have a clean win record in the NW; that wasn't the case in Paradise and Oda won't deviate from that now. In the meantime though, the strawhats will have the advantage or at the very least be on even playing field.
Old 2011-10-29, 14:06   Link #112
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
speaking of powerups,

Since Luffy is a D, would oda powerup luffy by having him eat a 2nd Devil Fruit?
Hell no! Oda's better than that :/
Old 2011-10-29, 15:03   Link #113
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Hodi
I think Hody is done for. Hody's ass is has been kicked by both Luffy and Zoro without any effort. And Oda even handicapped Luffy and Zorro. I think when Luffy said he was going to end this in an instant, I think he meant it. Second that huge explosion looks like coming out of Hody's back. He might have a hole or be split in half.
Old 2011-10-29, 16:59   Link #114
Mazkoom

Send a message via MSN to Mazkoom
^I agree with you grey..

Luffy seems much much more powerful than hody and his gang. The problem is not the disadvantage of being undersea. The problem is that stupid Decken (The key player in this fight) who moved that huge ship. Noah is hindering Luffy from kicking Hodys butt.

I think I am putting my money on Hody being at least handicapped after that "explosion". What is the problem if the straw hats are in disadvantage of something other than sheer power? They have been in a disadvantage of other things such as the game they played with foxy. For Luffy and co it does not seem they are suffering a defeat of sheer power here in this arc. They are merely overwhelmed with the situation.
The best thing about the post skip half will be that the straw hats are well known to the world. Luffy's return to Marine Ford and ringing that bell made him very well-known. I believe the NW top guns are aware of him and his power. No more "Who are you?" "I am Luffy!" every one knows him now.

For the straw hats to be defeated by someone lower than a yonko or an admiral seems a far fetched story. They powered up to compete for the top of the powers mountains.
Old 2011-10-29, 19:15   Link #115
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I would LOVE to see Smoker give chase to the Strawhats after this arc. One of my most anticipated moments is when I get to see Luffy really nail Smoker for the first time.
Old 2011-10-29, 20:56   Link #116
Shingai-san

Luffy would probably stomp Smoker now, Smokers fruit is basically a defensive/capturing fruit, not a roflpwn logia.

Ararararagi
Old 2011-10-31, 11:01   Link #117
james0246

^Smoker could always choke Luffy to death with his smoke...
Old 2011-10-31, 16:44   Link #118
marvelB

Well, if Smoker is a VA by now (which he most likely is), then maybe he'll have finally managed to awaken his Haki and improve his fighting style.....
Old 2011-11-01, 00:35   Link #119
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Well, being strong is OK, but I personally think this arc is kind of boring. It only serves as a stage for the SHs to show off their new power post the time skip. Heck, even the boss can't do much.. Kinda remind me of Infinite Justice vs Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, if Smoker is a VA by now (which he most likely is), then maybe he'll have finally managed to awaken his Haki and improve his fighting style.....
I certainly hope so. Maybe Coby is VA too by now
Old 2011-11-01, 00:47   Link #120
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
speaking of powerups,

Who needs a second devil fruit when you have the best lineage, son of the Dragon (and poison immunity thanks to surviving the 20+ poisons dumped on him)?