AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-08-23, 00:49   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 915 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, let's do this! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Bakura Town". The ministory, interestingly enough, reveals that Bellamy has retired from pirating, and is now living as a craftsman of dyed goods.

-In the titular Bakura town, a sumo tournament is underway. Inside a diner, we see Urashima, the sumo wrestler from a couple chapters back, chatting with one of the Gifters, a user of a mouse-type SMILE. Urashima is still pining for Okiku, and the mouseman tells him to simply take the woman by force, as it's his right as a samurai's descendant. Urashima likes the sound of this idea.....

-Meanwhile, the kidnapped Otama is taken to the headliner Holdem, who's revealed to be a lion-type SMILE user! Oddly, his stomach has a literal lion growing out of it, and he even gets into a fight with the beast! Holdem says he's interested in Tama's DF ability, as it can tame animals. He then orders one of his servants to test it out by pulling a dango out of her cheek. Back to Luffy's group, they arrive at the front gate of Bakura! The rubber man shouts that they came to rescue Tama, but Okiku quickly shuts him up. Unfortunately, it's too late, as the commotion has drawn the attention of a group of enemy ronin! As they come charging toward the heroes, Luffy knocks them out with conqueror's haki! However, they're not out of the woods yet, for when the group arrives at the center of the town, a sumo wrestler comes flying toward them!

-It turns out that sumo was an opponent who was beaten by Urashima, who offers 500 pieces of gold to any challenger who can defeat him! However, the sumo master catches sight of Okiku, whom he believes arrived to become his bride (a delusion that drives his female fans mad with jealousy, heh). He then orders his servants to capture her! Speaking of Okiku, she tries hiding behind Zoro's back as the sumo wrestlers approach, but it's no good due to her tall frame, heh. Zoro, oddly enough, doesn't want to fight the wrestlers, as he doesn't want to cut up "naked men", and simply lets them pass by. Soon, Okiku is captured!

-The townsfolk are upset that a commoner tea house worker like Okiku is in their town, but Urashima appears and announces that it's up to him to decide the fate of the townsfolk, as he possesses samurai blood! He then takes this opportunity to embrace Okiku, but the woman has had enough: she unsheathes her blade, and slices off Urashima's topknot! Luffy, upon witnessing the scene, starts getting excited, saying that things are becoming interesting.....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-08-24 at 07:11.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 01:07   Link #2
Rainbowman

I predict Law to appear next chapter to give Luffy and Zoro swollen faces.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 11:21   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The hell is up with Zoro not wanting to fight naked men? Did he let them take Okiku on purpose so he could see her sword skills?
Old 2018-08-23, 18:52   Link #4
bonsobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The hell is up with Zoro not wanting to fight naked men? Did he let them take Okiku on purpose so he could see her sword skills?
The same could be asked of Luffy, since he also stood by and did nothing to prevent Okiku from being captured.
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 20:14   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I predict Law to appear next chapter to give Luffy and Zoro swollen faces.
I prefer Nami since she can give a Straw hats a beat to a pulp. She single-handedly beats the trio monster only because of treasure at fishman island.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-24, 05:31   Link #6
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

You know what would be hilarious? Luffy trying to recruit Holdem's lion part.... just the lion part.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-24, 07:17   Link #7
marvelB

Wow, Holdem's design is.... goofier than I thought, lol. I love how he got into a fight with his own tummylion (which ends with the both of them reeling in pain from the low blow)! Makes me wonder how much of a weirdo Speed is, as well. BTW, I also really like the design of the mouse Gifter..... he looks so appropriately sleazy and nasty. He actually reminds me of the rat marine guy from the Arlong arc, in fact (wonder if they're related? ).

Believe it or not though, Bellamy's story is the most interesting part of the chapter for me. It really goes to show that the guy has come a long way from the punk who laughed at people's dreams to someone who's pursuing a more honest line of work....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
The same could be asked of Luffy, since he also stood by and did nothing to prevent Okiku from being captured.
Well, it's a small comfort, but Luffy DID get upset at Zoro for not helping Okiku. Of course, one could also wonder why Luffy didn't knock out those sumo with CoC haki like he did with those ronin....
Old 2018-08-24, 10:14   Link #8
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You know what would be hilarious? Luffy trying to recruit Holdem's lion part.... just the lion part.
I caaaan definitely see that happened

and also... dear Luffy, do you need another swordsman for nakama
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-24, 12:03   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Holdem is just so weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, it's a small comfort, but Luffy DID get upset at Zoro for not helping Okiku. Of course, one could also wonder why Luffy didn't knock out those sumo with CoC haki like he did with those ronin....
It's obvious Oda just wanted to display Okiku's skills, but he could have framed the whole thing better.
Old 2018-08-25, 00:26   Link #10
marvelB

Y'know, it just occurred to me: I wonder how well Mohji from Buggy's crew would fit in with the Beast Pirates? He's even an animal tamer himself, and I imagine Richie would at least get along with Holdem's lion.... as they swat the man's crotch together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You know, I actually support this. It's settled, then: TUMMYLION FOR NAKAMA!
Old 2018-08-25, 01:58   Link #11
The Small One

I wonder if this lion was actually supposed to be this way, or if this was some sort of failed smile.
When it was first introduced, I got the impression, that smile is supposed to work like a normal Zoan fruit. (Wasn't the dragon fruit Momo ate also an artificial one?) However seeing all those gifters, it looks like smile works completely different, still beeing inferior to a real fruit user.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 03:30   Link #12
J4n1

I kinda like Zoro just letting them take the samurai lady.
She proclaimed herself a warrior, so Zoro let her take care of herself.
If she had really gotten into trouble, i think Zoro, or Luffy, would have saved her.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 17:22   Link #13
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I prefer Nami since she can give a Straw hats a beat to a pulp. She single-handedly beats the trio monster only because of treasure at fishman island.
I quite agree with your preference if only she would appear at some point to do so. And who knows when that would happen if we have no way of knowing so far?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 18:31   Link #14
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I quite agree with your preference if only she would appear at some point to do so. And who knows when that would happen if we have no way of knowing so far?
Oh she will heard it eventually since you know how Trio Monster did to wreak havoc without plan or consider the situation first. I'm sure she will notice it right away the moment Luffy made a huge mess on Wano even before reunion.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote