AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 33 25.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 37.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 23.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 3.15%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-05, 23:08   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Lucky Star - Episode 05 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Lucky Star, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Absolutely no spoilers for future events from the manga in the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, then PM them. Any spoilers, even under the spoiler tags, that reveals future events will be deleted.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread.

Spoiler tags still can be used where one deems appropriate. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags as they are shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how how Pelli does it.
or
The macho way: By writing those l33t vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=the reason for *your* spoiler]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for reminder:
Old 2007-05-06, 10:23   Link #2
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost

Yoinked from a 2chan thread. Yes, the cop finally appears.
Old 2007-05-06, 10:36   Link #3
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
I'm just wondering where all the new image posts are in 2chan. I know that it's in 2chan (and not 2ch, since I don't think they support images), but the "anime" section they have only has text, and from little Japanese I know, only says stuff like animals, plants, news, etc.
Old 2007-05-06, 10:51   Link #4
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I haven't seen the ep, but people have posted screencaps of the beginning and end credits on 2channel. The beginning credits have Yamamoto as "super director" or "over-director" and the new director in smaller characters as "new director." In the end credits it says this episode was directed, written and storyboarded by Yamamoto. This pleases me, since he is clearly the creative force behind this show.

This makes it seem that kj1980 was probably close to the truth. I think the move was more removing organizational responsibilities from him that criticizing the product. I predict further controversy to come, over whether this was all a publicity stunt.

2channel does allow links to images, and a few of them get posted, such as the ones of the credits (with posts 525 and 774). The current LS thread (#61) is here. Hurry, it will fill soon. Then there will be a link near the end to the new one. Or go to the top and click the left-hand end of the third line to go back to the main list of boards to find #62.

EDIT: But this page shows that the new director will direct and storyboard ep6, so we'll see what difference that makes. Early consensus on 2channel seems to be that ep5 was hilarious and similar to previous eps. The broadcast just ended 40 minutes ago.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-06 at 11:12.
Old 2007-05-06, 10:58   Link #5
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I haven't seen the ep, but people have posted screencaps of the beginning and end credits on 2channel. The beginning credits have Yamamoto as "super director" or "over-director" and the new director in smaller characters as "new director." In the end credits it says this episode was directed, written and storyboarded by Yamamoto. This pleases me, since he is clearly the creative force behind this show.

This makes it seem that kj1980 was probably close to the truth. I think the move was more removing organizational responsibilities from him that criticizing the product. I predict further controversy to come, over whether this was all a publicity stunt.
~
Okay, now I am just confused.

What gives?
Old 2007-05-06, 11:15   Link #6
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Kaoru Chujo: Thanks for the tip! Gotta love the people at 2ch, I didn't know that you could post images there.

Not a plot spoiler per se, but episode 5's ending is the 1st opening to Dragon Ball Z. Assuming that Kagami still is singing, that is an odd choice for her to sing. It wouldn't be so surprising if Konata sang it, but then again Dragon Ball Z was (and still is) a very popular anime, so I wouldn't be surprised if Kagami showed interest in it.
Old 2007-05-06, 11:15   Link #7
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Okay, now I am just confused. What gives?
Check out kj1980's post in the ep4 thread saying that it might have been a case of the "demotion" being a cover for Yamamoto finding himself over his head in the organizational aspects of the job, feeling the pressure, and asking for help. Yamamoto has been a director of episodes, and this was his first time as director of a whole series, which is a quite different job, with more administrative aspects, like hiring and scheduling staff, etc.

But note also my EDIT in the previous post, saying that the new director (who did FMP:TSR and :Fumoffu) will storyboard and direct ep6. This might have been planned from the start, however, since he did the same for a couple of eps of SHnY, I believe. EDIT: I checked, and he did direction/storyboard for one episode, ep11, the space battle against the computer society.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-06 at 12:04.
Old 2007-05-06, 12:26   Link #8
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Stop the presses! I've just seen part of the ep in a very bad quality video, and it looks to me as if the previous end credits from 2channel were for the ED, and the episode itself was storyboarded and directed by someone else (not quite clear enough for me to read, but probably Ishihara Tatsuya, the director of SHnY, etc.). The opening credits stand, though.
Old 2007-05-06, 12:52   Link #9
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Hummm..... About the ED karaoke... Dragonball OP!?
Old 2007-05-06, 13:08   Link #10
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Hmm, this episode seemed extremely dialog heavy to me. Those who are watching the raws without knowing any Japanese would probably have a hard time trying to find anything funny, as lots of jokes rely on the dialog. This one will again definitely be one I'll have to rewatch as fansub to catch everything.

Now for the spoiler-ish comments (with screenshots):
Spoiler:
Btw, it's Konata (Aya Hirano) again who sings the ending, after Kagami criticizes Tsukasa and Miyuki for not entering a song fast enough.

EDIT:
Forgot about this one... anyone knows which anime the the poses Yui did with the rifle and snack (I think they're called American Dogs in Japan, not sure):
Spoiler for screenshot:
Also... Jaalin's post on Random Curiosity (Omni's blog) is ready (with much more screenshots):
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...lucky-star-05/

Last edited by GHDpro; 2007-05-06 at 13:29.
Old 2007-05-06, 13:13   Link #11
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ok, I've been scammed Those were fake caps from the episode. The director's name is definitely changed in the intro. Sorry for my gullibility. Cheers to 2channel, lol.
Old 2007-05-06, 13:14   Link #12
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Got the answer, I think. Aya Hirano idolizes Kageyama Hironobu from what I can tell (She asked him to join her for a duet of Bouken Desho Desho, and he accepted. You can see a video online of her shooting him sultry looks and him smiling back. She also mentioned his Jam Project on her blog several times.) and he's the one that sings Chala Head Chala. I think she may have requested the chance to cover his song. Good song to cover, very pleased with this choice. I had this bizarre feeling that at some point she was going to sing Heats from Shin Getter Robo Armageddon, but its Chala Head Chala. For the first time I'm really looking forward to the ending.
Old 2007-05-06, 13:30   Link #13
Boukenxha

Oh dear just knowing what's this week's ending song has got me super excited already... I love Cha-la Head Cha-la, one of my favourite anime songs ever, can't wait to hear Konata sing it.
Old 2007-05-06, 13:32   Link #14
Woland
Latin Rascal

I only watched (for now) the ending song (It's my ritual, every time I finish download the raw, and yes, it's "Cha-La Head-Cha-La" the op of dragonball Z ) and the preview...

this pic...

Spoiler for preview ep 6:

Ok now let's see the rest...
Old 2007-05-06, 13:46   Link #15
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Even not understanding parts of the dialogue, I found this ep pretty funny. They were great in their yukata at the festival, and the way Konata's obi was tied (by her father) was a scream. I thought Tsukasa's seiyuu (Fukuhara Kaori) did a particularly good job with the phone call. She really makes Tsukasa an individual. I loved Hirano Aya's gobbling sound in the wind from the fan, and her singing of the ED was a great combination of karaoke-amateurish and strong.

Once again, I liked how the hands were animated, even though sometimes they seemed a bit blockier than before. Maybe it was my imagination or the particular raw I saw, but the colors seemed a little bit more saturated, and the timing a little more ordinary (or smooth, take your pick).
Old 2007-05-06, 13:55   Link #16
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Here's the best version of Chala Head Chala I could find (It's the one that has Vegeta and Nappa walking in a wall of fire):

Spoiler:

In case there are those that have never seen or heard the original before and are curious, its in the spoiler tag.
Old 2007-05-06, 14:21   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Loving the fact that the end song is Cha-La-Head-Cha-La, but seriously --- Aya didn't have to scream like that.
Old 2007-05-06, 14:22   Link #18
lyric

I watched dragon ball before, but I never heard Cha-la Head Cha-la.
Indeed, only konata did pick this one...I couldnt imagine kagami sang this opening, but I still expected she could try.
Spoiler for Here's the download of part-b of episode 05:
Old 2007-05-06, 14:25   Link #19
Meophist

I don't know why, but I didn't really like this episode. It just seemed wierd. The jokes were still there but the execution…
Old 2007-05-06, 14:31   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've updated my page with pics of the seiyuus to include Konata's cousin the policewoman Yui's seiyuu.

And I liked the episode, but as I said, I thought the timing might have been a little too smoothed out for my taste -- that is it may have seemed weird because it was less weird. Or perhaps it's my imagination.
Closed Thread