AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2012-12-27, 17:35   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
As I mention earlier, I haven't read the manga but please tell me it's going to be Athena arc since I heard it's good.
When we know something- you'll know something.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 05:27   Link #62
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I still prefer season two's design, hmp!
And Wakamoto narrating the series too... Man, I feel that Hayate no Gotoku! is becoming the next Negima with those spinoffs (thanks Shaft) and what's next... OADs that will only have 2 or 3 episodes?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 10:35   Link #63
mitsuganae

I wouldn't be surprised if the powers that be have planned it in such a way that the anime and manga conclude at around the same time.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 11:21   Link #64
madmac

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the powers that be have planned it in such a way that the anime and manga conclude at around the same time.
Still too early for that, I think. It does seem that Hata is finally ready to move certain things forward and he's pushing with the anime/manga simultaneously, though.

I do think he's looking to wrap up the manga now, but it could easily take years to get through it all.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 20:10   Link #65
mitsuganae

^ Not just years, but geological eras, given Hata's exquisite mastery of the art of going nowhere.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 06:35   Link #66
AP24

It comes out in the next anime season and we still don't know if it's an original story or manga adaptation
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:00   Link #67
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I don't mind them animating what they want, I just want to know WHY they're not animating the A-tan arc. It's rather perplexing.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 05:14   Link #68
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Not really, at least to me I've never doubted that Hata was a Nagi shipper.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 18:57   Link #69
Lisemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
And Wakamoto narrating the series too... Man, I feel that Hayate no Gotoku! is becoming the next Negima with those spinoffs (thanks Shaft) and what's next... OADs that will only have 2 or 3 episodes?
If we managed to get "The End of the World" arc or Greece arc trough OVAS it could be better than any of these original stories, even if it could mean the end of Hayate no Gotoku animated...
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 09:48   Link #70
madmac

Quote:
^ Not really, at least to me I've never doubted that Hata was a Nagi shipper.
Pretty much. There was also a really nasty fan backlash that happened right after the Mykonos arc ended, (People thinking he was writing Athena out of the story.) I suspect Hata just doesn't want any of that drama again.
Old 2013-01-21, 12:35   Link #71
Mentar
Banned

I think the "problem" is that the Greece arc reminds me of the sorcerer's apprentice: Hata couldn't control the powers he called anymore. It is the pinnacle of the show so far, but A-tan and Hina totally overpowered Nagi storywise. He was finally able to tell his initial story ("Royal Garden", which was rejected by the publisher before he okayed "Hayate no Gotoku"), but its conclusive ending with a quite popular yet controversial winner (A-tan), a very popular graceful loser (Hina) and Nagi, who despite her biiig gesture (destruction of the jewel) lost her position as the female lead. Royal Garden was supposed to have this ending, but for Hayate no Gotoku, he had to fudge a ridiculous "the show goes on" transition without pissing off each camp.

It just commits too much. After Greece, he needs to work to conclude the show somehow, which is absolutely obviously unwilling to do.

Oh, and about the studio: The JC Staff conversion of the second season was exemplary and the best HnG run we had so far. I'd love to see them return. Unfortunately. I'm afraid we'll get more Manglobe putzing around, and I have no idea why.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 14:19   Link #72
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I couldn’t agree more.

I mean, what’s with A-tan and the anime industry? Are they afraid of being cursed or something when they animate the Greek arc? Come on, HnG is not The Exorcist!
I think it is the same reason that Hata-sensei put off the arc for so long in the manga. For starters, it has a massive flashback, showing Hayate as a kid. Except for a cameo by Maria and a brief part with young Izumi, none of the other regular characters are present. As I see it, there's a fear that this will turn off audiences who aren't reading the manga (though clearly, that wasn't a concern when they did CKMEOF).

Also, the comedy levels of the Ah-tan arc are at a lower level at times. I suspect a fear of making a comedy more serious will put folks off.

Frankly, it was the Ah-tan flashback that caused me to realize that Hayate the Combat Butler actually had a real story and not just a bunch of gag, action, and parody stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPblueser View Post

Well, whatever the studio is, at least the art looks promising....
Yes, much improved character designs. However, the use of the critter in the promo art makes one wonder since it showed up at the end of the last series. I'd love the trip to Greece animated, but I start to think otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Still too early for that, I think. It does seem that Hata is finally ready to move certain things forward and he's pushing with the anime/manga simultaneously, though.

I do think he's looking to wrap up the manga now, but it could easily take years to get through it all.
I'm not sure how close this all is to wrapping up (and after what happened with Negima!, I'm not guessing since that manga just got its legs cut out from under it to end it), but I suspect that Hata-sensei may be using the anime as a vehicle to push forward side stories that he doesn't feel he can work into the manga. Assuming Hata-sensei makes the story of Nagi's father in the last series canon, then he could have this new anime tell some other things that he'd like to tell but doesn't want to spend manga pages on doing it.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 11:26   Link #73
madmac

Quote:
Oh, and about the studio: The JC Staff conversion of the second season was exemplary and the best HnG run we had so far. I'd love to see them return. Unfortunately. I'm afraid we'll get more Manglobe putzing around, and I have no idea why.
Eh, Second Season was good and all, but people put it on a pedestal too much these days. It was a pretty straightforward adaptation with slightly higher then normal animation quality, exactly like 80% of what JC Staff puts out. It really wasn't anything special and took a good while to find it's footing in terms of comedic timing and such. I think I can honestly say I liked the Second Season better while thinking the First Season was more of an achievement in a lot of ways.

Mangoble is a much less conventional studio, for good and bad. Shonen Sunday is sticking with them because they're doing basically all of their adaptions these days, with very mixed results. CTMEOY had some very good moments, along with a lot of...

Whatever the next season is, it would have had to been in production while CTMEOY was airing and in planning before that. It will almost certainly be Manglobe, but the staff might (hopefully) be better. CTMEOY had a lot of rookies attached to it for some reason, including a first time director (With a history of weird character designs, apparently.) and a dreadful writer. If we're lucky the new season will have been give to a more experienced team. Manglobe certainly has enough of them around.
Old 2013-03-04, 02:42   Link #74
AP24

The cover page of manga chapter 397 said the new anime will be titled "Cuties".
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 12:09   Link #75
madmac

Quote:
The cover page of manga chapter 397 said the new anime will be titled "Cuties".
That is not a title that inspires confidence, I have to say. At least CTMEOY had ambition. Still, you never know, but I'm setting my expectations really low this time around.
Old 2013-03-04, 21:21   Link #76
sky black swordman

Quote:
I'm setting my expectations really low this time around.
I'm with there buddy.
Old 2013-03-05, 06:32   Link #77
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A-tan.

Old 2013-03-05, 06:40   Link #78
HasuMasu
*Artist

Oh hey, Luka.

IS THAT ALICE!?

Art looks alright.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 09:06   Link #79
Used Can

So, looking at that pic, it says this new season will work under a route basis and, from what I understand, every episode will be a route on itself, focusing on a girl each.

Hmm.... Yeah... Under other circumstances I might be cool with it, but I really cannot care less for this. Thanks, but no thanks.
Old 2013-03-05, 09:09   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Big question, who is the Seiyuu for Athena? It should be in the scans, but I don't recognize that name...

EDIT:

Never mind I found it- Ayako Kawasumi would be voicing Athena.