AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-10, 23:25   Link #41
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Pluto is God level in strength. Just struggling is already a feat.
Fallen Angels aren't weak, they are the same as Devils and Angels.

Cao Cao has the most OP weapon in the DxD-verse which is as effective as Fenrir's fangs, what did you expect? And even with that he'd lose if he faced Azazel a third time, Azazel's true strength is his wits and tactics. He's more like a watered down version of Kurotsuchi from Bleach.
Do you have anything from the Ln that says Plutos god level? Cao caos feats argue heavly in caos caos favor of being a better tactician just look at the ladon fight.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 23:28   Link #42
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Do you have anything from the Ln that says Plutos god level? Cao caos feats argue heavly in caos caos favor of being a better tactician just look at the ladon fight.
High-Class Grim Reapers are as strong as Ultimate-Class Devils. Pluto is a Ultimate-Class GR as well as Hades right hand.man, and his Roman counterpart in the original mythology.

How making a hole makes him a better tactician than Azazel?
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 23:37   Link #43
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
High-Class Grim Reapers are as strong as Ultimate-Class Devils. Pluto is a Ultimate-Class GR as well as Hades right hand.man, and his Roman counterpart in the original mythology.

Cao Cao said it himself when issei ask him if he can beat Azazel in future battles again he said he can't because Azazel Technique "Scientist Type" who will research their opponent/enemy till his plan will be flawless

Edit: just added this in the discussion ^^V
Old 2015-05-10, 23:41   Link #44
Tbolt

Hey kusabireika good to see you.
Old 2015-05-10, 23:52   Link #45
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Hey kusabireika good to see you.
Yup miss you too and everybody

I wonder how strong is Shemaza "Azazel's Right hand man" ^^?
Old 2015-05-10, 23:55   Link #46
Parry999

Quote:

But his not a god in dxd Sun wukong is training vali and ise to fight god class's if vali can already beat them it be redundant I say his satan level. Azazels never come up with a plan to beat an evil dragon yet has he? Cao cao has.
Old 2015-05-11, 00:02   Link #47
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
But his not a god in dxd Sun wukong is training vali and ise to fight god class's if vali can already beat them it be redundant I say his satan level. Azazels never come up with a plan to beat an evil dragon yet has? Cao cao has.
Vali is God-Class during EJOD. That's confirmed in V16 or V17. But he can only keep it for a few seconds, so it's not very useful in a life or death fight without the surprise effect, so he needs to train to stabilize it.
Azazel was the one who came up with a plan to defeat Crom Cruach, it didn't work only because he trained to the point he's as strong as a Heavenly Dragon.
Old 2015-05-11, 00:07   Link #48
B214

Quote:
“Yes, Bennia is a Grim Reaper. Even though I said that, she is a Demigod. Half Grim Reaper and half human.” (Volume 14)
Just Ignore me and continue your discussion.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 00:07   Link #49
jopjopjop

Quote:
Azazel was the one who came up with a plan to defeat Crom Cruach, it didn't work only because he trained to the point he's as strong as a Heavenly Dragon.
What plan?
Old 2015-05-11, 00:11   Link #50
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
What plan?
That thing with the mystic bazooka and Fafnir in V16. I may be confusing things but something like that.
Old 2015-05-11, 00:13   Link #51
Parry999

Quote:
That thing with the mystic bazooka and Fafnir in V16. I may be confusing things but something like that.
It still failed. Like how Azazel always does poor dude.
Old 2015-05-11, 00:17   Link #52
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
It still failed. Like how Azazel always does poor dude.
Yeah, always. Please tell me when a plan of his failed besides that time.
Old 2015-05-11, 00:21   Link #53
Parry999

Quote:
Yeah, always. Please tell me when a plan of his failed besides that time.
He hasn't won a single note worthy fight since volume 4. His plan to be lazy with ise and get tannin to unlock his balance breaker so he wouldn't have also failed. His teaching tatics for ise and rias I dont agree with.
Old 2015-05-11, 00:31   Link #54
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
He hasn't won a single note worthy fight since volume 4. His plan to be lazy with ise and get tannin to unlock his balance breaker so he wouldn't have also failed. His teaching tatics for ise and rias I dont agree with.
Yeah, it didn't work because Ise is the Oppai Dragon. And without that training, Ise wouldn't have been able to unlock BB, so it still worked even if it needed something else.
You disagreeing with it doesn't mean squat.
Old 2015-05-11, 00:31   Link #55
Archilla

Alright gang! It's time for the Feats Disussion on...

Issei's Destructive Capability!

First, some notes. Some have asked about the quantifiable numbers in terms of damage. The VS wiki has a good listing of the rules of thumb for output required to destroy X and thus put a character in said category: http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_Potency. This'll be hard to apply to DxD, but it can help us roughly quantify once we've determined a tier. Second, my intention here is to start a discussion that gets us as close to an accurate consensus.

Iku ze!

To begin, we start with Issei's Highest Explicit Feat. This, as of Volume 18, is his destruction of Dimension Lost's replica of Kyoto and the subsequent destabilization of the dimension with a single firing of [Dragon Blaster]. This, unequivocally, puts Issei at Large City+ Buster. Now, the obvious question comes from the Mountain busting feat from Volume 5. Not only does Issei reportedly bust a mountain in this feat, he does so accidentally. This is hard to qualify with our Kyoto feat, as [Dragon Shot] is a far weaker version of the shot that destroyed Kyoto. Either we reconcile this as hyperbole, or as I infer, that the Kyoto blast is much stronger than a city level explosion. More on that later however, as we can leave it for the powerscaling section.

SPEAKING OF THAT! Time for some P-P-P-P-Powerscaling!

The obvious first case for Issei's powerleveling is CCQ. If Triana can destroy a city casually, [Crimson Blaster] is obviously much stronger. And then after that, we have Longinus Smasher, which has no defined maximum power. What we do know however, is that CCQ's power boost brought Issei from being completely ineffective against Sairaorg's Balance Breaker to matching and overcoming it. In my opinion, the boost from CB>LS is at least a two-step boost. This would put Issei at an Island Buster. While him being higher is possible, we can't reach that at the moment without more stretched powerscaling or more feats.

Finally, we come to lipservice. Better known as Character Statements. I keep seeing that Issei has been stated to be equal to Serafall, but for the love of me I can't remember that. Anyone have any input on that?

Well, let's start the discussion!
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 00:37   Link #56
Chichiryuushintei

Ise equal to Serafall? My memory sucks, but I'm pretty sure such comparison was never made in canon or by the author.

If the girls were in danger, I bet he'd go all the way to Continent-buster.
Old 2015-05-11, 00:38   Link #57
Archilla

Quote:
Ise equal to Serafall? My memory sucks, but I'm pretty sure such comparison was never made in canon or by the author.

If the girls were in danger, I bet he'd go all the way to Continent-buster.
It's all over his VS wiki page. I can't find anything on it.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 00:40   Link #58
Parry999

^ Well Sona said Serafall could easily destroy a small country like japan. She also froze a section of the under world in v12
Quote:
Yeah, it didn't work because Ise is the Oppai Dragon. And without that training, Ise wouldn't have been able to unlock BB, so it still worked even if it needed something else.
You disagreeing with it doesn't mean squat.
But no one know he was truly an Oppai dragon till that moment
Old 2015-05-11, 00:43   Link #59
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
But no one know he was truly an Oppai dragon till that moment
I meant that it didn't work because Ise's breakthrough had to do with breasts since he's such a perv. He already pulled that Crazy Awesome stunt in Volume 4.
Old 2015-05-11, 00:48   Link #60
Krudelu
???

I don't think the mountain busting feat in volume 5 is a hyperbole according to the context:
Spoiler for Context from a novel (Volume 5 Life 3 Part 6):

If we're talking about the mountain he busted, it may be hard to assume it but I think its around the average mountain size or maybe smaller (probably some mountains arent even at least a mile in area)

Last edited by Krudelu; 2015-05-12 at 01:38.
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote