AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Delta - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 1 3.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 19.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 23.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 15.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-18, 18:35   Link #41
Thess

I don't expect Hayate to kill anyone after he established he wouldn't want to dirty Freyja's song.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 19:39   Link #42
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
I also liked that Mirage was the one to tell Hayate to go find Freyja, because let's be honest, this was never a real love triangle but in the story we were always shown that Mirage developed feelings for Hayate, but in this episode Mirage realizing that Hayate and Freyja like/love eachother tells Hayate to go with her because of how Freyja's been acting and with that it seems like Mirage has accepted that she has no future with Hayate and she will be able to move on, which is good
I'd rather say that Mirage senses that Freyja is hiding something again. Just from looking at the first minutes of this episode. The way Mirage reacts is that she is guessing something.

Considering that Chaos goes into the final battle against Roid and to free Mikumo it's the last chance for Hayate and Freyja to spend some time together. It's as somebody said it's the quiet before the storm. And during this time, you spend time with your friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I don't expect Hayate to kill anyone after he established he wouldn't want to dirty Freyja's song.
Well, let's say he actively does not try to kill someone. He is still dull to kill someone.
Old 2016-09-18, 19:41   Link #43
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
About what I expected from the episode, a "the calm before the storm" type of episode, too bad we had many of those in this series, well at least most of the plot lines and plot holes were resolved (even if not in the best way) to make room for the big battle.

I liked the Hayate and Freya scene, they are great when they are not being stupid , I also liked that Mirage was the one to tell Hayate to go find Freyja, because let's be honest, this was never a real love triangle but in the story we were always shown that Mirage developed feelings for Hayate, but in this episode Mirage realizing that Hayate and Freyja like/love eachother tells Hayate to go with her because of how Freyja's been acting and with that it seems like Mirage has accepted that she has no future with Hayate and she will be able to move on, which is good

Now to wait for the subs to understand everything and hopefully at least the last episode will be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriiGV View Post
Mirage had an inkling about Hayate's feelings for Freyja since episode 16 when she asked him about it and then the snow scene.

Episode 17 when she watched Hayate make googly-eyes at Freyja while she was singing onstage and at the beginning of said episode when she watched the exchange of Freyja blushing and Hayate staring at her. Episode 18 when Hayate gave Freyja a thumbs up after they made up. Episode 20 when Hayate kicked the wall because he was angry at himself for making Freyja afraid to sing. That same episode when they were arguing about quitting flying/singing for each other. Episode 23 when Hayate told Freyja to sing and even though he was in pain, he put on a brave front for Freyja. The final straw I believe was episode 24 when Hayate put himself in harms way to protect Freyja from Bogue, then volunteered to die first and his final words to Mirage were to "Take care of Freyja". And lastly, Hayate's smile at the end for Freyja (while Mirage watched the exchange) before he was about to jump to his death.

The hints were all there. I'm just glad we were able to avoid all the drama of rejection. Hopefully Mirage will fly freely in the last episode and it'll be her character resolution about how she's been liberated from her problems.
The problem is too late, too freaking late, there are 10 episode of chances staff can end this lame triangle and let Mirage move on, but no, it didn't happen til this episode, which only 24 minute left for everything, and how many seconds of 24 minute they can give to Mirage? 30?
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 19:50   Link #44
Father Hentai

A battle is coming up and the only thing you guys can think about is bashing her although she is the one who opens the last oppurtunity to gives both (Hayate and Frejya) time to spend together. Keep one thing in mind. Freyja is about to overuse her powers that she may die in the finale. Should she die without having a chance to have som funny time with Hayate? With all what went wrong but these important seconds is maybe what makes Mirage lovable, because she is a caring person.
Old 2016-09-18, 19:57   Link #45
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
The problem is too late, too freaking late, there are 10 episode of chances staff can end this lame triangle and let Mirage move on, but no, it didn't happen til this episode, which only 24 minute left for everything, and how many seconds of 24 minute they can give to Mirage? 30?
Spoiler for Macross Zero:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2016-09-18, 20:05   Link #46
D-Joe

Quote:
Spoiler for Macross Zero:
Macross Zero is a 5 episodes OVA, Macross Delta is 26 episodes TV show, Delta got a lot more than Zero's total running time, and yet they keep wasting and wasting it.

And even not talking about triangle, Mirage and Freya's "relationship" almost non-exist, they can cut something about Mirage(and Freyja)'s circling around Hayate and gave some interaction between them, but nah, let's make her all about Hayate.
Old 2016-09-18, 20:33   Link #47
Thess

Well, my point is that the show has more important stuff to focus than Mirage's feelings resolution which seems like a footnote.

Old 2016-09-18, 20:35   Link #48
Kazu-kun

They titled the episode Star Singer and Mikumo didn't get even one line. What a farce.

Also, I don't know how they're planning to end this now, but it's gonna be super rushed, even more than I thought.
Old 2016-09-18, 20:51   Link #49
D-Joe

Quote:
Well, my point is that the show has more important stuff to focus than Mirage's feelings resolution which seems like a footnote.
That's also what i am saying, if they end it earlier, Mirage would have much more room for her personal, now? yeah i agree solve main plot and many other things first(but it will be rushed), that's why i said Mirage will be lucky if she got 30 seconds about her in last episode, and this is the reason i keep saying "too late" and "wasting time".
Old 2016-09-18, 21:06   Link #50
HirouKeimou

Right now, there is no indication a movie will be following the series... so it'll be this final episode and however it goes down, we'll have to live with it. Granted, it could be great; but it could also fall on its ass.

But I don't think giving up now is an option; after all, quoting Destructive Purity, "even if it's the worst possible outcome, we've gotta choose the future."

On Mirage: Delta lives in the "live like today's your last day" for a majority of the series and Mirage insisting he be with Freyja on their last evening alive is a sign of her signing off of the love triangle. Now if the writing holds up in the final episode, she could be given more screen time for the fighting (because I don't believe Kawamori will dismiss a big battle is necessary in the background) and if so, this could give her a chance to shine, and also help Hayate and Freyja since (by this preview for next week) might be necessary because Freyja is close to dying...
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 21:26   Link #51
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
Right now, there is no indication a movie will be following the series... so it'll be this final episode and however it goes down, we'll have to live with it. Granted, it could be great; but it could also fall on its ass.

But I don't think giving up now is an option; after all, quoting Destructive Purity, "even if it's the worst possible outcome, we've gotta choose the future."

On Mirage: Delta lives in the "live like today's your last day" for a majority of the series and Mirage insisting he be with Freyja on their last evening alive is a sign of her signing off of the love triangle. Now if the writing holds up in the final episode, she could be given more screen time for the fighting (because I don't believe Kawamori will dismiss a big battle is necessary in the background) and if so, this could give her a chance to shine, and also help Hayate and Freyja since (by this preview for next week) might be necessary because Freyja is close to dying...
What big battle? NUNS fleet are gone, expect another 4vs5 battle(and may actually end up just 1v1 like every 2nd cour battles).

Also i find a interview picture from 4chan about Mirage.
Spoiler for Interview:

So i changed my mind, i won't even expect 30 seconds of Mirage great fighting scene if they think they already done great job for her in episode 22.
And hey, we are Mirage, at least that's what staff see us.
Old 2016-09-18, 21:30   Link #52
Thess

Quote:
That's also what i am saying, if they end it earlier, Mirage would have much more room for her personal, now? yeah i agree solve main plot and many other things first(but it will be rushed), that's why i said Mirage will be lucky if she got 30 seconds about her in last episode, and this is the reason i keep saying "too late" and "wasting time".
She'll have her screentime but it's more important to resolve her "fly by the book" arc, I think. Not to mention probably integral to the last battle.

Old 2016-09-18, 21:31   Link #53
charles883

I think that it ended up back fire on Windermere as preview shows that Frejya trapped in mind as if it also ended up mind controlled Windermere as well.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 21:32   Link #54
D-Joe

Quote:
She'll have her screentime but it's more important to resolve her "fly by the book" arc, I think. Not to mention probably integral to the last battle.
Look above, i'm not even sure will her screentime meaningful.
Actually not just Mirage, many parts of this show were pretty meaningless, when we though "oh is this scene foreshadowing something?" but nah, it just nothing.
Old 2016-09-18, 21:36   Link #55
HirouKeimou

Quote:
What big battle? NUNS fleet are gone, expect another 4vs5 battle(and may actually end up just 1v1 like every 2nd cour battles).
There could be.

Hayate, Mirage, Chuck, and Arad against the remaining Aerial Knights; Freyja, Kaname, Makina, and Reina (and also probably Heinz) against Mikumo and Roid; and Elysion against the Protoculture device itself if necessary.

You don't need millions of fighters on the field for a "big showdown."

And for future reference, Frontier TV didn't have a massive showdown either, because even with Quarter and S.M.S. on board, Vajra outnumbered them. And it's still one hell of a big battle!
Old 2016-09-18, 21:36   Link #56
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
I think that it ended up back fire on Windermere as preview shows that Frejya trapped in mind as if it also ended up mind controlled Windermere as well.
Of course it'll backfire, did you forget what happened in episode 18? Cassim got those speed-death flakes because of Roid's experiment but he never bothered to tell his buddies about it. Freyja and the rest were also kind of mentally stunned and frozen.

Old 2016-09-18, 21:38   Link #57
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
There could be.

Hayate, Mirage, Chuck, and Arad against the remaining Aerial Knights; Freyja, Kaname, Makina, and Reina (and also probably Heinz) against Mikumo and Roid; and Elysion against the Protoculture device itself if necessary.

You don't need millions of fighters on the field for a "big showdown."

And for future reference, Frontier TV didn't have a massive showdown either, because even with Quarter and S.M.S. on board, Vajra outnumbered them. And it's still one hell of a big battle!
You said it, Vajra outnumbered them, like a hell lot, but what Windermere have? oh yeah, Aerial Knights again.
I mean seriously, it feels like we will just get alternative version of episode 13.
Old 2016-09-18, 21:43   Link #58
HirouKeimou

Quote:
You said it, Vajra outnumbered them, like a hell lot, but what Windermere have? oh yeah, Aerial Knights again.
I mean seriously, it feels like we will just get alternative version of episode 13.
The possibility of brainwashing fighters into assisting them is still high...

Chaos could surely be outnumbered by Windermere. Plus, with Mikumo in their hands, Windermere overpowers Chaos. Unless Freyja is secretly a priestess for the Protoculture too, I believe it'll be obvious that Windermere is the one with the upper hand here.
Old 2016-09-18, 21:50   Link #59
Kazu-kun

I hope the series ends up on a cliffhanger and continues in a movie, because I don't see how just one episode will be enough to end this thing.

The fight hasn't even started yet. At the end of the episode the main characters are chilling out, Makina is still in the hospital too. Next episode can't transition directly to a fight. They have to set it up first, then have the fight, and resolve it all in the same episode.

If there isn't some sort of continuation, this is gonna be one of the most rushed endings I've seen.
Old 2016-09-18, 21:55   Link #60
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If there isn't some sort of continuation, this is gonna be one of the most rushed endings I've seen.
I know I shouldn't draw comparisons... however, it's no better off than Endless Waltz for Gundam Wing. I'll not spoil what all happens but the big battle for the OVA literally ends 5 minutes from it's beginning and the conclusion is not very good...

I believe my point is: An ending could happen; it might not be satisfying though. However, at this point, could the studio benefit from a movie where this second half was originally a movie itself?