AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-31, 13:26   Link #621
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
Oh, also, there is some speculation that it could be "ZZ A New Translation." The evidence is non-existent, and the logic is sketchy, but it seems to have a bit of a following on /m/.
I wouldn't mind a re-imagined ZZ but I, personally, want to see a V compilation. Even just a condensed Special Edition like they did with SEED, GSD, and 00. It doesn't get nearly enough love...
Old 2011-01-31, 13:30   Link #622
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
I haven't heard anything. It seems like just wishful thinking on your part.
heheh no actually, I want something new, not UC..

Quote:
"Apologies, but I can't comment much at this point.....Perhaps UC?"
However, this dose suggest that it might be UC.. or he is just fuc*ing with us..
Old 2011-01-31, 14:04   Link #623
Se7en Sabers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I wouldn't mind a re-imagined ZZ but I, personally, want to see a V compilation. Even just a condensed Special Edition like they did with SEED, GSD, and 00. It doesn't get nearly enough love...
Why not a "new translation" of ZZ but without the comical tone AND with only new footage, unlike Zeta please and /!\SPOILER/!\

a remake of Haman's death. I would prefer to see her dies like a "warrior" and not a suicide....

/!\SPOILER/!\

Voila,
Se7en Sabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 14:06   Link #624
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Considering how old ZZ is, you shouldn't need a spoiler alert, Se7en, but for the record we DO have spoiler tags.
Old 2011-01-31, 14:26   Link #625
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
However, this dose suggest that it might be UC.. or he is just fuc*ing with us..
I definitely wouldn't rule it out. Anytime the term "UC" is thrown around in regards to an upcoming Gundam project, I'd place my money on it largely being a tactic to raise interest in it.
Old 2011-01-31, 14:35   Link #626
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
I definitely wouldn't rule it out. Anytime the term "UC" is thrown around in regards to an upcoming Gundam project, I'd place my money on it largely being a tactic to raise interest in it.
Watch it being a live-action flick... oooh!

Do I smell the hate? huh huh?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 14:36   Link #627
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If it is I hope they learned from the last disaster. Otherwise I wouldn't hold my breath...
Old 2011-01-31, 14:37   Link #628
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak View Post
watch it being a live-action flick... Oooh!
god no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2011-01-31, 14:48   Link #629
kaito-kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Watch it being a live-action flick... oooh!

Do I smell the hate? huh huh?

- Tak
Bandai should have made one before the Transformers movies.. If they do it now it will be called a Transformers ripoff by everyone even though they have nothing in common..
Old 2011-01-31, 14:59   Link #630
Tak

Quote:
Bandai should have made one before the Transformers movies.. If they do it now it will be called a Transformers ripoff by everyone even though they have nothing in common..
Well, they did, a decade ago. It was an utter failure, though.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-01-31, 15:05   Link #631
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Well, they did, a decade ago. It was an utter failure, though.
I think "utter failure" is an understatement. The sad thing is that, from a mecha standpoint, the line arts were some of the best I'd ever seen.
Old 2011-01-31, 15:12   Link #632
kaito-kid

OH GOD!! Somehow, I managed to completely forget everything about that movie..
damn, why did we have to talk about this..
Old 2011-01-31, 15:15   Link #633
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
OH GOD!! Somehow, I managed to completely forget everything about that movie..
damn, why did we have to talk about this..
Blame Tak; he's the one that brought it up.
Old 2011-01-31, 15:17   Link #634
Tak

Quote:
Blame Tak; he's the one that brought it up.
And the expected results were achieved. I win

Quote:
Remember in the first transformer, when Sam goes:

It's a robot. You know, like a super advanced robot. It's probably Japanese. Yeah, it's definitely Japanese.

The audience I was with laughed. I think they got the joke. So I dont think people will think its a ripoff. After all, its natural to put Japan and big robots in the same sentence Hell, Transofrmers was originally Japanese anyway.

- Tak

Old 2011-01-31, 15:42   Link #635
JC...
I am a Pie

ZZ doesn't need to be less lighthearted. Maybe make the combat in the begining a bit less comical, but still keep the humour. There's no real problem after a bit before half way. I liked the comedy anyway.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 15:48   Link #636
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
It's funny how series that could benefit from compilation movies never get it. I suppose since it's so old they won't touch it, but V Gundam really is an awesome series.
Old 2011-01-31, 15:52   Link #637
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I suppose since it's so old they won't touch it, but V Gundam really is an awesome series.
Its age isn't the problem (Z is older than V, and got re-made into the movies), the stigma that surrounded it's production is. That and the fact that it's probably the most obscure of the Gundam series (it's sort of like the Heaven's Feel of Gundam).
Old 2011-01-31, 15:58   Link #638
Tak

Quote:
That and the fact that it's probably the most obscure of the Gundam series (it's sort of like the Heaven's Feel of Gundam).
Indeed it was. I think Victory Gundam was so off the UC-scale that it might as well been an AU in the UC timeline.

- Tak

Old 2011-01-31, 15:59   Link #639
kaito-kid

Quote:
And the expected results were achieved. I win
Damn you! when did you become so evil!?

Quote:
It's a robot. You know, like a super advanced robot. It's probably Japanese. Yeah, it's definitely Japanese.

The audience I was with laughed. I think they got the joke. So I dont think people will think its a ripoff. After all, its natural to put Japan and big robots in the same sentence Hell, Transofrmers was originally Japanese anyway.

- Tak
Sure, but a teaser poster for a major motion picture called "Gundam" with a giant robot on it will definitely raise lots of eyebrows and Transformers is the first thing most people will think of here in the west..

But maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong perspective.. Maybe it is the right time to make a Gundam movie, or at least to make one while Transformerse is still hot..

The similarity (giant robot.. nothing else really..) will definitely get a lot of attention and people might go to the theaters just to check it out. And to realize that it is infinitely better than michael *BOOMMM!!* Bay's Transformers
Old 2011-01-31, 16:04   Link #640
Tak

Quote:
Damn you! when did you become so evil!?
I resent that, I am still cuddly, just devious.

Quote:
Sure, but a teaser poster for a major motion picture called "Gundam" with a giant robot on it will definitely raise lots of eyebrows and Transformers is the first thing most people will think of here in the west..

But maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong perspective.. Maybe it is the right time to make a Gundam movie, or at least to make one while Transformerse is still hot..
Yeah, but Gundam is not really about just 1 robot, its alot of robots fighting a large space battle. Ok ok, so sure, 90% of those robots tend to be cannon fodders, but... I am sure the premise it is enough to help potential audiences tell the difference between Transformers and Gundam

- Tak