AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-09-08, 12:05   Link #4741
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Sinbad is David's proxy. He may not be evil himself, but David is. So it's not as simple as him being good and Kouen being bad, it's deeper and much more complicated than that. The entire manga is, in fact.

And yeah, a Phoenix can resurrect itself from its own ashes, but Kouen isn't a Phoenix himself. He's just a King Vessel.
Old 2015-09-08, 12:12   Link #4742
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I encourage Hakuryu and Alibaba to switch there Magi.
You don't make a good king in either extremes.
Alibaba is pure white and Hakuryu is pitch black. I encourage them to keep someone who is the opposite of them by their side.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 12:19   Link #4743
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't think that's a good idea. Alibaba and Aladdin are a perfect team because they have the same Elemental Attribute - Fire. Aladdin can support Alibaba with his flames. He wouldn't be able to do that with Hakuryuu.
Old 2015-09-08, 12:27   Link #4744
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Sinbad is David's proxy. He may not be evil himself, but David is. So it's not as simple as him being good and Kouen being bad, it's deeper and much more complicated than that. The entire manga is, in fact.

And yeah, a Phoenix can resurrect itself from its own ashes, but Kouen isn't a Phoenix himself. He's just a King Vessel.
>smirks
>uses his djinn
>Hakuryuu limbs get healed while his own look strange
>foreshadowing of Gyokuen escaping death after being beheaded just 1 ch earlier
There is no way he isnt going to bullshit his way into a resurrection , even if partial.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 12:59   Link #4745
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Sinbad is David's proxy. He may not be evil himself, but David is. So it's not as simple as him being good and Kouen being bad
What is sarcasm?
Old 2015-09-08, 18:58   Link #4746
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Sorry, but it's hard to catch that kind of thing from words on a Forum.

@Breimn: I guess I could kind of see Gyokuen still being alive, although I do think it's unlikely. But I don't know about Kouen coming back to life.
Old 2015-09-09, 03:25   Link #4747
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Are we that thirsty for new chapter so much that we're discussing unreleased chapter right now ? Reading your posts made me want to read the spoiler so much!!! Maybe I should stay away from the forum for a while -.-

Sinbad's adventures ch.73: He finally got his resolve back and is plotting something but the real star of the chapter is Rurumu - She's truly a great Team Mom characters in the manga world. I really feel sorry for Hinahoho to lose such a great wife.
Old 2015-09-09, 04:39   Link #4748
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Yeah, it would be awesome if Sense scans did regular releases for Magi, but alas, they have real lives too (I think).
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 08:40   Link #4749
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Yeah, it would be awesome if Sense scans did regular releases for Magi, but alas, they have real lives too (I think).
They're not robots. Be patient; we're getting it for free, lest we forget.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 08:10   Link #4750
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Man...Hakuryuu is such a little bitch...no wonder I never liked him...

Turns out that yeah, the only thing I actually liked about the Hakuryuu and Judar chaptes was really just Judar...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 09:35   Link #4751
Raviel

After the latest chapter I can safely say that the rankings for reason and sanity in this manga are currently as follows:

1. Sinbad

2. Kouen - Only loses out to Sinbad due to his fixation on conquering people

3. Aladdin - Used to be pretty narrow-minded regarding rukh and fate, he's been getting better lately though, it's also good thing he isn't taking after his father.

4 Everyone else

5. Alibaba - May have gotten better after his experience as a Cactuar King

6. Hakuryuu - "Okay everything happened almost exactly the way I wanted it to...............now what?"

P.S. Seriously though, I worry for the people of Kou, Haku has no idea what to do now that he's emperor.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 09:46   Link #4752
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Sinbad cannot be trusted, it's very clear that he is only really helping Hakuryuu because he is much easier to control than Kouen would have been. From the moment he showed up, I never once trusted Sinbad and his recent actions have helped to prove my suspicions of him. Hakuryuu is going to become a puppet to Sinbad's plans and considering how much of an idiot he has been recently, I don't feel sorry for him.
Old 2015-09-10, 09:56   Link #4753
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Sinbad cannot be trusted, it's very clear that he is only really helping Hakuryuu because he is much easier to control than Kouen would have been. From the moment he showed up, I never once trusted Sinbad and his recent actions have helped to prove my suspicions of him. Hakuryuu is going to become a puppet to Sinbad's plans and considering how much of an idiot he has been recently, I don't feel sorry for him.
Sinbad is a good guy. Kouen is evil guy. You are making the whole thing unnecessary complicated.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 10:07   Link #4754
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Sinbad is a good guy. Kouen is evil guy. You are making the whole thing unnecessary complicated.
I'm not sure either of them are really good guys. Sinbad may have been one in the past when he was just getting started and adventuring. But even without the latest reveals he clearly had compromised on what he knew to be right in order to create his alliance and rule his people. Crossed too many lines and did too many questionable things to be simply defined as a good guy at this stage.
Old 2015-09-10, 10:12   Link #4755
Fwarlord

Quote:
If Sinbad is a good guy, does that mean David is the Big Good?
Old 2015-09-10, 10:17   Link #4756
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
If Sinbad is a good guy, does that mean David is the Big Good?
Obviously. Sinbad = David = Iillah. Sinbad is good guy, thus David and Illah are good guys too.
Old 2015-09-10, 10:24   Link #4757
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
But it IS a complicated subject. Just putting this guy as evil and that guy as good is an oversimplification of things.
I never said Kouen wasn't evil.....but now I am. Kouen isn't evil, Sinbad isn't evil...neither of them is. Things aren't black and white, but rather shadows of gray. Both have done questionable things, even if they had "good" goals in mind. The problem is that the ends do not justify the means and both have done some bad things along the way and it shows that they will do anything to accomplish their goals.

Look, I don't read the Sinbad manga, it never interested me since I never really liked the character so I judge him based on what I see in this manga and from what I've seen so far, Sinbad cannot be trusted. If you are helping him achieve his goals, he will be a wonderful ally, but if you are on the opposite side or even neutral, he WILL try to use you in some way. Kouen wasn't an angel either, not by any means...everyone is looking out for themselves and their country, Sinbad and Kouen are not above this.
Old 2015-09-10, 10:24   Link #4758
Kazu-kun

I'm surprised you guys still haven't realized noobita is being sarcastic.
Old 2015-09-10, 10:26   Link #4759
Fwarlord

Quote:
Obviously. Sinbad = David = Iillah. Sinbad is good guy, thus David and Illah are good guys too.
Well, I believe David is above Sinbad in the hierarchy. In shounen term, they share a master-student relationship. David is the hero while David is his instructor, the Big Good who will somehow, for the plot's sake, be taken down by the baddies and his death will become the motivation for the hero Sinbad to triumph over all evil.
Old 2015-09-10, 10:28   Link #4760
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm surprised you guys still haven't realized noobita is being sarcastic.
Huh? What's sarcastic? I am genuinely believing that Sinbad is a good guy. There is no way he is evil when there is Sinbad manga out there.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen