Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-05-10, 05:56   Link #21
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
about RPM:

WTF were they thinking when they turn a show about magical talking cartoon animal vehicles that has the environmental friendly theme & fight pollution into a Terminator+The Matrix apocalyptic setting that does NOT fit the Go-Onger designs at all?,
its not like captain planet is gonna sue them or anything & this is Disney's doing for crying out loud.......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 12:34   Link #22
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Zedd is actually a good example of how they've tried to make the show "kid friendly". Parents actually complained he was too scary for kids back then, so they toned him down and gave him some comedic relief. Zedd's one of my favorite villains, so I was bummed when they did that. His theme song is the best!
I remember as a kid thinking the rangers were screwed when he first showed up because he was so menacing, but that he seemed like a complete goon later on...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-20, 22:35   Link #23
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

BTW, they already cast the Red Ranger & Pink Ranger:

Dacre Montgomery (Red Ranger)
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Naomi Scott (Pink Ranger)
Images

And since nobody has posted this (even though it’s old news), here’s a brief biography of the characters according to Collider.
Spoiler for Ranger Bios:
Old 2015-10-22, 19:20   Link #24
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Another Ranger Casting drop. This time, Ludi Lin is cast as the Black Ranger:
Images
Old 2015-10-24, 09:19   Link #25
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

So, the Black Ranger will not be played by a black actor...Did they do this to avoid being called "racist"?.
Old 2015-10-24, 09:38   Link #26
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
So, the Black Ranger will not be played by a black actor...Did they do this to avoid being called "racist"?.
Just FYI, they already did that in the very first Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger show when they replaced Zack with Adam as the Black Ranger.

As for their reasons...well, who knows? It could simply be that he is good looking, athletic and has the acting chops for it. Or someone on the casting staff is a fan of Adam instead of Zack in the old show .
Old 2015-10-24, 10:45   Link #27
Psyco Diver

I dunno I was kinda hoping they would go with that "spoof/dark" reboot short film from a couple months ago
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 15:10   Link #28
sayde

After reading those bios, I'm most interested in what Billy is going to turn out to be like. They make him sound almost autistic (or somewhere on the spectrum)--which would be a pretty original move. It'd also be pretty neat if they could pull it off well.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 20:21   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

‘Power Rangers’ Title, Budget, and Character Names Revealed

Some more details posted by Collider. Frankly, I’m not excited by the possibility that the movie won’t be a reboot/retelling that everyone expect/want it to be but instead trying to tie into the current Power Ranger show continuity (the Red Ranger could be Tommy's son or relative due to his 'Oliver' surname). I guess we’ll see how it will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collider
The upcoming big-screen installment of Power Rangers has been cranking out news lately, with four of the five title heroes already cast. Director Dean Israelite‘s film currently stars Naomi Scott as the Pink Ranger, Dacre Montgomery as the Red Ranger, Ludi Lin as the Black Ranger, and RJ Cyler as the Blue Ranger. Other than the current absence of the Yellow Ranger from the cast, you may have noticed two things: the actors who have signed on are all up-and-comers, and their character names haven’t been shared.

With that in mind, I’m happy to bring you a host of exclusive details on the Power Rangers movie, which will now be titled Saban’s Power Rangers. Yes, the retitle comes as series co-creator and business magnate Haim Saban looks to attach his name to the picture when it debuts on January 13, 2017. Saban and his partner Shuki Levy have long been critical parts to the success of the Power Rangers franchise, and as we’ve learned, Saban appears to be just as involved as ever.

In fact, the second bit of our exclusive scoop involves Saban’s work on the script, which is currently being tweaked just as the cast is starting to come together. Israelite is also working on the script along with Saban, but it’s not clear at this time if screenwriters Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz are still involved in the process. We’re also not sure if Levy has any hand in the changes, or if he’ll simply retain a story credit since he was a co-creator of the original series. What we do know, however, is that the character names have changed.

We had previously reported that the cast of the new Power Rangers movie would have the same names as the original television series. This appears to be just one of the changes being made to the script as we now have a new list of character names for the title heroes. They are as follows:

• Callum Oliver (Dacre Montgomery) – The Red Ranger/Tyrannosaurus
• Priya Patel (Naomi Scott) – The Pink Ranger/Pterodactyl
• Brian Olson (RJ Cyler) – The Blue Ranger/Triceratops
• Oscar Fernandez (Ludi Lin) – The Black Ranger/Mastodon
• Teyana Jones (not cast yet) – The Yellow Ranger/Sabre-tooth Tiger

Obviously, these can change as well, but they seem to make sense with the current cast for the most part. A couple of interesting things here: First is that these names are not the same as the original cast of characters, which suggests that it will be an all-new team and not a reboot in any sense. The second is that each of the characters appears to be matched up with the Zords (ie animal-themed war machines) from the original series. So while the names may have been changed, it looks like the classic Zords will be dusted off for a new batch of heroes to take the reins.

We’re hearing that the original costumes will also make an appearance in the film, but we’re not quite sure when or where. It might be in the big opening scene in which a massive battle between the forces of good and evil is taking place. Or it might be in some sort of flashback in which the old heroes hand off the Morphin’ powers to the new. (How cool would it be to see the original cast come back in cameos to pass the baton?) That would certainly fit into the plot notes we’ve heard about so far.

A final exclusive detail we have for you today is the budget of the film, one which is reported to be in the $35 million range. If that sounds low to you, consider that the cast is composed of relative unknowns who don’t command the same salaries as well-established actors. Also keep in mind that the 2014 hit The Maze Runner had a similar budget, a large cast of young actors, and plenty of jaw-dropping effects; that film went on to net over $340 million worldwide.

While we’re certainly confident in the news provided above, remember that things are still being tweaked on the Power Rangers movie, so some details here or there might change between now and early 2017. All signs point to Saban and Lionsgate making a big Power Rangers push in the years to come, so I fully expect to hear more about this project and others sooner than later.
Old 2015-10-30, 19:30   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The last ranger has been cast. It’s Rebecca Marie Gomez (a.k.a. Becky G).
Images
Old 2015-10-31, 15:25   Link #31
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So it seems Lionsgate and Saban are back to the original intent of rebooting the franchise and no more continuity with the TV shows. The Rangers' names are back to their old ones (Jason, Zack, Billy, Trini & Kimberly).
Old 2015-10-31, 17:23   Link #32
Vitne Eveille

I'm excited about it. I hope they figure some way to include some cameos. That would skyrocket it's appeal to me as well as many others.

-my official website & blog-
-download my new EP (free)- ♫♫
Vitne Eveille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-02, 13:49   Link #33
Galaxian

So, Rita Repulsa will be played by Elizabeth Banks... Yeah...

Source
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-02, 15:23   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that's definitely....going in another direction from the original character.
Old 2016-02-02, 19:27   Link #35
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I guess someone liked the touch of weirdness she gave to her character in the Hunger Games. Mind you, it was convincing.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 20:28   Link #36
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think she'd do pretty well at the role. It's the other main characters' casting I'm iffy about. I mean hell, if they can do the role well that's great... but I'm pretty certain that that's not why the actors for Billy, Zack, and Trini were chosen for those three.
Old 2016-02-04, 22:59   Link #37
sayde

I could see Elizabeth Banks doing just fine so long as she isn't directed to try to imitate the old Rita. I'm not sure that would suit her. I could see a more Angelina - Maleficent approach working for her though.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 11:23   Link #38
Galaxian

The new Mighty Morphing Power Rangers...

I really don't know how I feel about these designs...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 11:49   Link #39
GDB

They look awful. Way to completely miss the mark Saban.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 12:00   Link #40
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The new Mighty Morphing Power Rangers...

Spoiler for :

I really don't know how I feel about these designs...
Now I'm pretty sure Zordon and Alpha watched Iron Man movies before they made the transformation device.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote