AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 19:25   Link #2101
tresor

Star Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
She doesn't look much that much younger, if at all, in my opinion. Comparing when we first see her in Eps. 4, 6:45, to the last episode, they still look mostly the same due to the angles.

Where was it completely explained? Just because it may seem obvious doesn't mean it's actually true.
That is what I thought, the first point, that the stargazer looked the same age as when we first saw her...
But at the end of 24 the Star Gazer looked significantly older + she had the Amber eyes (someone else pointed that one out, sorry for not giving correct credit).
The reason why the stargazer looks about the same age again is?
I think Mr. Prophet is on the right track, requires more thought

I think your 2nd point is excellent, but its sort of like that jury trial thing, unless you have the DNA and the video, but you usually don't and many convictions are based solely on circumstantial evidence.
Also, I think on self involved projects like this, which I personally enjoy more, the creators are doing it as much for themselves as they are for others, and I don't think they like giving interviews with real answers much...
latest example that I remember, something like, "Once the project is done it belongs to the people watching it" = Non-Answer.
or this one ~ "Its easier if you think like the writer to understand it."
Old 2007-09-27, 19:26   Link #2102
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Oh yes aohige, I loved when you spoild us... by the way, thank you for that... i hope that you can spoild us de episode 26 in a few monts
Old 2007-09-27, 19:30   Link #2103
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresor View Post
That is what I thought, the first point, that the stargazer looked the same age as when we first saw her...
But at the end of 24 the Star Gazer looked significantly older + she had the Amber eyes (someone else pointed that one out, sorry for not giving correct credit).
The reason why the stargazer looks about the same age again is?
I think Mr. Prophet is on the right track, requires more thought

I think your 2nd point is excellent, but its sort of like that jury trial thing, unless you have the DNA and the video, but if you usually don't and many convictions are based solely on circumstantial evidence.
Also, I think on self involved projects like this, which I personally enjoy more, the creators are doing it as much for themselves as they are for others, and I don't think they like giving interviews with real answers much...
latest example that I remember, something like, "Once the project is done it belongs to the people watching it" = Non-Answer.
or this one ~ "Its easier if you think like the writer to understand it."
These are 2 major characters in the DtB world though. So far, the only feasible evidence for them being the same person would be similar eye color and the fact Hoshi-sama wasn't frozen during eps 16. when Amber used her powers.

That's not a whole lot of evidence to support the theory. To say, conclusively, that they are the same person has a major impact on theories for the DtB world and I just don't think there's enough evidence to do that.
Old 2007-09-27, 19:34   Link #2104
tresor

^^^ And they act the very similar

the laugh, the smile, the talk about the future...
I got the above from someone else's post, uncredited again, sorry.

Episode 16 with Hei & Amber, Amber said something like I traveled to the beginning and end of time & I think that the stargazer and young Amber were supposed to be some kind of physical manifestation of that.

...allegedly.

Last edited by tresor; 2007-09-27 at 20:01.
Old 2007-09-27, 20:01   Link #2105
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresor View Post
the laugh, the smile, the talk about the future...
I got the above from someone else's post, uncredited again, sorry.

Episode 16 with Hei & Amber, Amber said something like I traveled to the beginning and end of time & I think that the stargazer and young Amber were supposed to be some kind of physical manifestation of that.
The sub I have says she traveled very far, even across the plane of time. That could just very well be her powers and might have absolutely nothing to do with Hoshimi-sama.

We know she's used her powers after the Heaven's Gate incident. It's quite possible she did what she needed to do during that time before meeting Hei again.
Old 2007-09-27, 20:15   Link #2106
hipeach

sigh, when School Days had such a fantastic ending, Darker Than Black had such a mediocre and cliched ending. Everything goes predictable. I almost fell asleep watching it. At least that's my thought about this completely cliched ending.
Spoiler for random stuff:
Old 2007-09-27, 20:21   Link #2107
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

what? school days fantastic ending? come on, any fanfic is better that school days
DtB ending was pretty cool
Old 2007-09-27, 20:22   Link #2108
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well after further watching I must say I am quite pleased. Hei seems to have forgiven Amber before she died.

And school days ending was so unrealistic.
Old 2007-09-27, 20:25   Link #2109
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

yes! that scene was very touching..
Spoiler for scene:
Old 2007-09-27, 20:30   Link #2110
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I still don't get that. Was that ll their souls? They were able to gather in the world?
Old 2007-09-27, 20:52   Link #2111
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Well after further watching I must say I am quite pleased. Hei seems to have forgiven Amber before she died.

And school days ending was so unrealistic.
huh? when did harem shows have anything to do with being realistic? nope, it's not realistic, it's just fantastic.

Darker Than Black's ending is just completely predictable cliche.

And
Spoiler for Hei's power:

Darker Than Black is suffering from too much Evangelion crap
Old 2007-09-27, 20:54   Link #2112
TigerII
Pilot in Training

School Days up untill episode 11 was very realistic. Hell I knew many many relationships like that back in highschool and so did many others. One guy seems to nail all the girls. The onyl difference was they actually realized he was shit and just went on with their lives. They didn't kill him.

And basically all shows are cliched these days. And not just from anime. Basically all stories come from something before, the details change, but the story is the same.
Old 2007-09-27, 21:01   Link #2113
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

School days was all about chiche! come on , dont come to compare this shows, if you hate Darker than black ending, its o.k! but dont say things like. School days had a fantastic ending, it was very predictable and cliche ... very!.
Old 2007-09-27, 21:03   Link #2114
TigerII
Pilot in Training

It is his opinion and he has the right to say it. This is why net neutrality is great. You can say your opinions.
Old 2007-09-27, 21:05   Link #2115
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Yes, he can said what he wants to said, i just mean that if you come to said something, you need to be a little logical about it. Maybe i just said that in a wrong way.. its because my bad english.
Old 2007-09-27, 21:15   Link #2116
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh it is okay. It just kind of sounded like you said he couldn't say what he wanted.

Anyways I liked it. Now for the better question. Will the wars between contracors continue?
Old 2007-09-27, 21:22   Link #2117
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Yes, i know how it sounds, sorry.
Yes, it seems that everything will be the same. By the way, i just love that they finish with the same secuense that they start the show. It was a pretty nice closing.
Old 2007-09-27, 21:35   Link #2118
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Kinda sucks no peace was obtained....well except for those who are dead. They will rest in peace..lol.
Old 2007-09-27, 21:43   Link #2119
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

ARGH I want to see Ep. 25 !!!
Old 2007-09-27, 22:02   Link #2120
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
School Days up untill episode 11 was very realistic. Hell I knew many many relationships like that back in highschool and so did many others. One guy seems to nail all the girls. The onyl difference was they actually realized he was shit and just went on with their lives. They didn't kill him.

And basically all shows are cliched these days. And not just from anime. Basically all stories come from something before, the details change, but the story is the same.
I didn't know being a total moron can be magnetic to nice girls

well, by cliche I didn't mean it's similar to other show, it's also completely predictable. At least I couldn't predict what will happen in SD final episode, I couldn't predict who will live and who will bite the dust. I can't even predict what will happen in the later part of the final episode when watching the early part.

I'm not saying Darker Than Black is bad as a whole series, I like many parts of it, but the ending is just way too predictable for me, basically it shows exactly what we know will happen, and still not revealing many mysteries that we want to know. It's telling what I know it will tell, but not telling what I wanted to know. That makes it frustrating and boring to watch the thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
Yes, he can said what he wants to said, i just mean that if you come to said something, you need to be a little logical about it. Maybe i just said that in a wrong way.. its because my bad english.
I know they are different shows, the logic comes that when I watch School Days ending in eager anticipation and excitement, the Darker Than Black ending makes me yawn and shake my head in its predictable cliche. I can't help but compare my reactions to the endings of the two shows that aired at the same night that I have vigorously followed.When School Days ending satisfies, Darker Than Black's ending just disappoints for me
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural