AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-03, 03:33   Link #2261
Stelgart

Hmmm,I don't understand,is it script writing mistake or not.

Episode 7
: Sora asked Haru to take her measurements for uniform.Sora is nervous and says to Haru: "You are taking so long ".Haru accidently touched Sora's chest with his face and Sora stepped back. Haru said :"I'm sorry" .Sora is embarrassed and said :"It's...It's nothing".

But in Episode 10 this scene looks different(Haru's memories of that moment in episode 7) .Sora said :"You touched them". And Haru replied :"No, i didn't" .And Sora said :"But didn't you want to touch them?".She doesn't look nervous like in episode 7.And she is upset ,when Haru replied :"Stop joking"!

Both episode 7 and episode 10 are included in Sora's arc, but Sora is acting different. Was it necessary to make these changes?

Update:

Well,i guess in episode 10 it wasn't his memories. It was Haru's "wet dream".He was dreaming of his sister that way and that's why he told himself "Calm down"!.And that's why that scene goes right after the short moment, when little Sora suddenly turned in to grown up Sora and kisses little Haru (another "wet dream"). But he didn't know,that Sora feels the same way about him.

Could you tell me ,please , is there an option on DVD or Blu-Ray to watch episodes 1-7-10-11-12 without interruption (opening,omake,next episode preview).Just like an ordinary movie?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Stelgart; 2011-11-03 at 08:55.
Stelgart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 09:42   Link #2262
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelgart View Post
Could you tell me ,please , is there an option on DVD or Blu-Ray to watch episodes 1-7-10-11-12 without interruption (opening,omake,next episode preview).Just like an ordinary movie?
On the Japanese Blu-Ray there's an option to watch the episodes in that order (with the small musical changes to emphasize Sora's route), but they keep the opening/omake/preview. I suppose that some PC Blu-Ray software could make a custom chapter playlist that would be able to do this, but it's not done "out of the box". Main reason I suspect is that the episodes were never designed to flow seamlessly together in this way -- they were designed around their format and time constraints. To make a proper "movie" out of it would require a bit of a "director's cut".
Old 2011-11-07, 03:12   Link #2263
Stelgart

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
On the Japanese Blu-Ray there's an option to watch the episodes in that order (with the small musical changes to emphasize Sora's route), but they keep the opening/omake/preview. I suppose that some PC Blu-Ray software could make a custom chapter playlist that would be able to do this, but it's not done "out of the box". Main reason I suspect is that the episodes were never designed to flow seamlessly together in this way -- they were designed around their format and time constraints. To make a proper "movie" out of it would require a bit of a "director's cut".
Thank you for answer
Stelgart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 02:28   Link #2264
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

At last, I've finally reached the final stop in the journey that is Yosuga no Sora.

Sora Arc appeared to me as a downward spiral, where Haruka was not able to escape his feelings for Sora at the moment when he was given the chance to let it all out. Nao ended up as a victim in all of this, as her love was unrequited all along.

Episode 11 left me feverish. The scene when Haruka wiped Sora's body and their "moments of ecstasy" left me warm inside, but the ultimate reveal of their relationship suddenly turned the temperature into a slight chill, like I was busted watching the siblings without hesitation.

As for Episode 12, Kozue never got any sympathy for me; although I know that she has a route in the visual novels, canon-wise she never had the initiative to make a move on Haru, and this is what happened. After Kozue takes away any hint of her respect towards Haru, the downward spiral continues with Nao dumping Haru for good. What's left for Haru is to go back to Sora's arms, but a sudden development threatens to separate them completely.

The scene by the lake is actually mysterious. Is it possible that the god of the temple there were the one who saved the two? [I believe it's Nao, actually.] Nonetheless, I don't believe that everything has been a dream after their embrace by the sunrise. Especially with the mentions of their destination... which is especially not the Next World.

And still, Kozue still can't get over the siblings' decision. She should learn from Nao.

As for the entire Motoka Arc: This will be the challenge for both Motoka and Haruka.

It has been a great watch! Unfortunately, Ishihara has pulled the plug on this one.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 11:50   Link #2265
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Kozue never got any sympathy for me; although I know that she has a route in the visual novels...
Actually, she never did have a route in the original visual novel. She only gained a route in the fandisk (which was not covered in the anime at all). But indeed the resolution to her character was changed in the anime to be more bitter/upset, adding to the bittersweet nature of the finale.

Quote:
It has been a great watch! Unfortunately, Ishihara has pulled the plug on this one.
Based on the other sorts of shows that have aired since, I think it's safe to say that regulation hasn't had any impact on this anime or the potential for others like it. I'm sure there could be more like it, if someone wanted to attempt it (and based on the sales, it may not be a bad strategy).
Old 2011-12-14, 21:12   Link #2266
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

If Ishihara's (insert sticky substance here)y grip on anime industry content does prove nothing to stop more stellar visual novel adaptations like this to be created, I do hope that more of the better-written visual novels around get their deserving adaptations.

Yume Miru Kusuri might be a tall order, though. (Not that I have played this one. I heard that it's tough adapting this without going R-18.)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 09:52   Link #2267
WhiteWings

Well, the series turned out fine even if it's harder to have a second series like Amagami.

Quote:
If Ishihara's (insert sticky substance here)y grip on anime industry content does prove nothing to stop more stellar visual novel adaptations like this to be created, I do hope that more of the better-written visual novels around get their deserving adaptations.

Yume Miru Kusuri might be a tall order, though. (Not that I have played this one. I heard that it's tough adapting this without going R-18.)
Considering some of the stuff the put in anime for teens or younger in Japan Yume Miru Kusuri can be under teens. I played the game.. then again that much doesn't make a blink an eye.
Old 2012-01-08, 18:58   Link #2268
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I wonder if there will be another series like this that will push the boundary without going full on Hentai? As long as former H-seiyus want to change their name and find more work, probably there will be.
Old 2012-01-08, 19:26   Link #2269
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I wonder if there will be another series like this that will push the boundary without going full on Hentai? As long as former H-seiyus want to change their name and find more work, probably there will be.
Those seiyuu's already use pseudonyms (some of them even use over 8 pseudonyms) for their roles in eroge or hentai anime. So i doubt changing names again will effect anything.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 00:21   Link #2270
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Those seiyuu's already use pseudonyms (some of them even use over 8 pseudonyms) for their roles in eroge or hentai anime. So i doubt changing names again will effect anything.
I second what hyl wrote. You'll be amazed when you dig what upstanding actors and VAs have done for money
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 22:10   Link #2271
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Oh trust me, I know a few, and they are shockers, especially in the U.S. business. Hmm, you think that a series like this one will ever be shown again? I hope so. I mean sure there's ecchi and whatever, but the story it had, it was a gold mine for psychologists. Hell, I can make a whole thesis with this series alone.
Old 2012-02-04, 03:13   Link #2272
Kyuu
=^^=

OK. Something possessed me to watch this again... now... is it wrong to view Sora as hot?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 03:43   Link #2273
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
now... is it wrong to view Sora as hot?
Well, between that and cute, I'm honestly not sure if there's another way you were ever supposed to see her, whether in the game or in the anime. (Well, other than a tad bit (okay, a lot) obsessed and kind of defective... ) This is no small part of the reason Haruka wasn't really able to resist her when she got her "claws" in him -- she seduced him. Hard for Sora to do that that if he doesn't also find her "hot". I think we're supposed to see her in part the way he does... so, whether it's "wrong" or not, I think it's certainly intended.
Old 2012-02-04, 03:55   Link #2274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
OK. Something possessed me to watch this again... now... is it wrong to view Sora as hot?
Sora was strongly sexualized in the anime, so it's perfectly natural to find her hot. If it's wrong, then I don't want to be right. Why would it be wrong anyway? She's the same age as the rest of the cast, seventeen.
Old 2012-02-14, 21:02   Link #2275
MAX_COLA_POWER!

According to animé law, if she's not packing serious chest bazookas ala Kazuha and Nao, even if she's 35, she'll still be considered jailbait deception-v-;;.
Old 2012-02-16, 23:23   Link #2276
Mazryonh

Quote:
According to animé law, if she's not packing serious chest bazookas ala Kazuha and Nao, even if she's 35, she'll still be considered jailbait deception-v-;;.
Funnily enough, if you check the original game's character designs, you'll realize that the bust sizes were exaggerated for the anime. In the original game, Kazuha's quite average in that area, for one thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Still doesn't make it any less unfair how many eroge seiyuus can't get the mainstream exposure they deserve. Ryoko Ono, Ryoko Tanaka, Yuka Inokuchi, etc. all of them did an excellent job in this series and I'd certainly like to see more of their work.

Quote:
Actually, Kozue never did have a route in the original visual novel. She only gained a route in the fandisk (which was not covered in the anime at all). But indeed the resolution to her character was changed in the anime to be more bitter/upset, adding to the bittersweet nature of the finale.
It's much too bad that thus far, Kozue's and Yahiro's routes from the fandisc aren't going to be animated. If their BDs were by some twist of fate available in Region 1 I know I'd definitely be interested in buying them.

Quote:
Based on the other sorts of shows that have aired since, I think it's safe to say that regulation hasn't had any impact on this anime or the potential for others like it. I'm sure there could be more like it, if someone wanted to attempt it (and based on the sales, it may not be a bad strategy).
So far this style of eroge adaptation (which thankfully is quite close to the source material) hasn't taken off just yet. I would think a show like Mashiro-iro Symphony is a "return to par" for anime companies that make animated adaptations for eroge, focussing only on an "amalgamated route" of all characters' stories. If Palette ever makes an anime adaptation for Moshiraba (which from the reviews I've read has the potential to be a second, if not better, KimiNozo if it's animated) an omnibus style would be perfect to cover all the heroines' stories.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 00:22   Link #2277
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
So far this style of eroge adaptation (which thankfully is quite close to the source material) hasn't taken off just yet. I would think a show like Mashiro-iro Symphony is a "return to par" for anime companies that make animated adaptations for eroge, focussing only on an "amalgamated route" of all characters' stories. If Palette ever makes an anime adaptation for Moshiraba (which from the reviews I've read has the potential to be a second, if not better, KimiNozo if it's animated) an omnibus style would be perfect to cover all the heroines' stories.
I don't think it's as much about it "not having taken off" as that it's just one of multiple different options for presenting this sort of material, but that doesn't mean that it makes the most sense in every case. For example, I think the decision they made for Mashiro-iro Symphony makes the most sense given the original work, but different works call for different approaches. If anything, the relative success of both this and Amagami prove that at least this approach is a viable option when it makes sense, but it won't necessarily always be the best fit.
Old 2012-02-17, 17:15   Link #2278
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The omnibus format is a hit or miss for me depending on how well it's handled. My biggest problem with it is that the overall lack of character development. I rather have one heroine fully developed and the rest slightly developed rather than all of them having an average development, that way i can root more for the main heroine.
The arcs in Yosuga no Sora felt almost rushed to me.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 20:55   Link #2279
tyciol
*Artist

I guess, although I think that's so they could progress to the different plotlines. I do like how there's character development in different ways in each arc though.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 05:05   Link #2280
Lenaisian
The Undead Summoner

Hello, everyone!

I'm a new member here in the Forum, so take it easy on me... regarding my opinions about Yosuga no Sora, please... take it easy (sorry for the redundancy).

The "omnibus" format of this series is somewhat new to me. The oppresing aura of loneliness wraps me like a python stranglig its prey until it (the prey) dies from asphyxiation. I'll just have to admit, I never heeded my fellow anime otaku's warnings, and never read the label "NOT FOR KIDS" on top of the said article in a certain anime magazine published in the Philippines (what I'm talking about is that there are certain portions of the said anime magazine are devoted for all anime reviews, so happened that Yosuga no Sora was featured. As for the warning? Honestly, it's so small that I never even noticed it).

Quote:
Episode 11 left me feverish. The scene when Haruka wiped Sora's body and their "moments of ecstasy" left me warm inside, but the ultimate reveal of their relationship suddenly turned the temperature into a slight chill, like I was busted watching the siblings without hesitation.
Lucky for you, Mr. Marcus. I (gotta admit) threw up on episode 11, while having Soup no. 5 for lunch (for everyone's sake of convenience, just don't ask what in the hell Soup no. 5 is, or you'll regret the fact that you asked me what it is in the first place). After finishing the whole series, everything that happened from episode 11 and 12 are still stuck on my mind for a few days. As of today, I had moved on, but there are still memories of it still lingering at the back of my mind... especially at the forbidden Lake of Cleansing (at first, I was really infuriated, if anything, and I headed straight to the firing range which is 25 kilometers away from home, and then proceeded to a totally heavy drinking spree with my friends while still carrying my freakin' piece. I got totally drunk, and laid, it's a miracle that I never hallucinated about Haruka and Sora kissing in the middle of a dark street and shoot at "them" after that). Since everyone here in this [specific] forum were speculating whether the Kasugano siblings were dead or alive, guess I'll ride along. IMO, they're both dead and alive.
DEAD: before Haruka rushed outside in search for his missing twin sister, Sora, he actually thrashed things up in agony of thinking that he is about to lose the only source of strength that is left in his very person. After a careful deduction of Sora's possible whereabouts; Haruka found her descending into the darkness that is the lake itself, got into a struggle, and accidentally got deeper in the water. Haruka, not realizing that Sora is all he needed in order to be happy, kissed his twin sister in the lips... and let themselves drown into the dream of their "eternal paradise." The train scene is a symbol of their so-called "eternal paradise." The e-mail that one of the sibling's friends received is but a cover to what would happen afterwards. Haruka could've prepared it beforehand, as a farewell mail.
ALIVE: since they somewhat survived the greatest challenge of their relationship (but I just can't set aside the speculation that somewhere in the back of my mind, Nao saved the twin siblings, even though it is painful for her to make that decision). After their daybreak embrace moment, they decided to pack their things up, and leave their hometown without saying goodbye to their friends, which is more painful than dying. The e-mail that one of the sibling's friends received could be a farewell letter, but they also stated that they could come back anytime after the said incident cooled off (word reaches anywhere in the sibling's hometown, as I, for example, could cover the entire town by walking).
Overall impression? I could give it a 6. Eugh, the last 2 episodes really hit me... deep and hard. Maybe I was too conservative enough to tackle the INCEST subject, or I wasn't exposed to these kinds of anime, hardcore ecchi genre it is.

note: This is a neutralized and refined review of Yosuga no Sora... just playing safe, as I don't want to start a flame war of sorts. I really don't want to post my original review here (from my facebook group's page), as it is nothing but an unprofessional piece of work by me.
Lenaisian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation