Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-28, 10:36   Link #1681
D00D

Mod Edit:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but:

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-11512.html

The series has been cut back to 14 episodes.

(edit: This was a misunderstanding of the Japanese article and is not true.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-28 at 17:48.
D00D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 10:50   Link #1682
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

That's terrible. With 14 episodes it'll probably only cover up to Vol.3
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 11:09   Link #1683
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Is there no additional/exclusive episodes on Blu-ray like OreImo?
Old 2012-08-28, 11:30   Link #1684
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D View Post

Hopefully they will continue it in a second season at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Now in 8bit !

What is this exactly? Doujin game made for a now-public domain platform? I'm a little disappointed that there's no gameplay footage (imagines the cast Kokoro Connect in a Super Mario Bros-style 8-bit platformer!)
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 11:50   Link #1685
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D View Post

The anger that is welling up in me....hope this isn't true..
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 11:56   Link #1686
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Pre-orders aren't looking great, so this isn't terribly shocking. Shame, though.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 13:17   Link #1687
nirvana12

Does this happen often ? I don't think i've ever heard of a series being shortened.
nirvana12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 13:23   Link #1688
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Mitsudomoe S2 was shortened from a planned 13 to 8 episodes due to poor sales, though this was announced before it started airing.
Old 2012-08-28, 13:24   Link #1689
nirvana12

Really This sucks.
nirvana12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 13:38   Link #1690
Blonto

That's terrible news. This has been the most enjoyable show for me this season. I really didn't think it'd do so bad financially.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 13:55   Link #1691
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's interesting to see Tari Tari doing very well in pre-orders (it looks as if it might clear 10K) while KC is struggling. The shows are very different despite their superficial similarities, and I like them both about equally - but TT obviously matches up with the profile of shows that appeal to otaku a lot better than KC does.
Old 2012-08-28, 14:21   Link #1692
Arya

Yep, very bad news. This is one of the shows I'm liking the most this season. Sure the format sounded a bit odd from the beginning, I mean, 17 episodes, last 4 of which not aired.
So, looking at the numbers I suppose they will skip the next arc to jump directly to the last one. Given the arc structure of the story I don't think that merge two arcs is viable.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 14:44   Link #1693
bastek66

Oh God, you croakers

It's regarding a VA named Ichiki Mitsuhiro, who they played a prank on for the purpose of the Kokoro Connect pre-air talk show that was streamed on NicoNico before the series started, in which Ichiki was told he was auditioning to act in the series but then afterwords revealed he was really going to have the job of driving the Kokoro Connect promotional van around cities to promote the show.

The tweet in the yaraon post said that Ichiki will be acting in the actual show after all from episode 14 onward. But the tweet was deleted for some reason. The yaraon blog comment is just, "Huh, wonder why they deleted it? Didn't sound like a bad thing."

And that's the entire story.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 15:27   Link #1694
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Oh God, you croakers

It's regarding a VA named Ichiki Mitsuhiro, who they played a prank on for the purpose of the Kokoro Connect pre-air talk show that was streamed on NicoNico before the series started, in which Ichiki was told he was auditioning to act in the series but then afterwords revealed he was really going to have the job of driving the Kokoro Connect promotional van around cities to promote the show.

The tweet in the yaraon post said that Ichiki will be acting in the actual show after all from episode 14 onward. But the tweet was deleted for some reason. The yaraon blog comment is just, "Huh, wonder why they deleted it? Didn't sound like a bad thing."

And that's the entire story.
Thanks for the heads up
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 15:49   Link #1695
Blonto

Not sure how something like that could be misinterpreted. But good to hear. What would we do without people who speak Japanese?
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 17:53   Link #1696
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
Not sure how something like that could be misinterpreted.
I'm guessing it must be really bad auto-translate or something. Just got here now, but yeah -- it was obviously false. The official website still lists disc 7.

I stroked out the bad rumour post, but wondering if it's better to delete the interim posts to avoid further misunderstanding.
Old 2012-08-28, 17:58   Link #1697
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Looks like something exciting happened while I was asleep So many headless chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
What is this exactly? Doujin game made for a now-public domain platform? I'm a little disappointed that there's no gameplay footage (imagines the cast Kokoro Connect in a Super Mario Bros-style 8-bit platformer!)
I'm pretty certain thats all there is Just a 8bit rendition of the OP
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 19:13   Link #1698
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Taichi's apology finally came, but - as expected - to late, to little. The damage was already done, and Inaban had already decided to distance herself. If he'd apologised right away, he could've possibly still done some damage control, but this late, it just felt very insincere, something that was just done like an afterthought.

It comes at no surprise that things go sour sur quickly now without Inaban. Taichi and Inaban do a good job of getting at each other's throats, even without any unleashing (at least Aoki is decent enough to apologise afterwards). Then Taichi goes and shoves Iori around harshly. Unleashing or not, someone who actually *wants* to shove girls around harshly like that can't have a good character. That's just oil in the fire of my theory which I already mentioned: Taichi was a very unpleasant (if not downright wicked) person before, generally being very nasty to others. Then a crucial event happened, which shocked Taichi to the core, and since then he's trying to balance out his former nastiness by helping everyone, even at the cost of his own well-being.

Iori is doing an admirable job of not giving up and still trying to fix things. I wouldn't have expected her to be that strong.
However, without Fujishima's instrumental help, trying to get them back together again, it probably would've still been all for naught, and everything would've gone to hell in a wicker basket.
Fujishima really deserves a major "thank you" from them, once things are over.

HeartSeed's objective is getting ever more unclear. While in the first arc, you could still assume that he's at least neutral, doing it only for fun, or even benevolent, trying to help them to get to know each other better.
That would still hold true for the very beginning of Kizu, where Inaban advanced on Taichi. It could've been for Inaban to realise her feelings for Taichi.
But after that, the unleashing was only used to have them attacking each other (with the exception of Inori's "Yahoo"). That certainly didn't help them, quite the opposite. If HeartSeed is really entertained by them attacking each other, he must be quite malevolent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Meh episode with nothing much going on. Feels like a filler. This episode probably could have been combined with the previous one seeing that both are simply setting up things for the climax.
I'll have to agree with this one. This was the first episode where I felt it was a bit dull. They should've ended the Kizu arc with this episode and be done with it. While it started very interesting, it went downhill very quickly after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
A conversation where Taichi’s little-sister is asking about her older-brother’s health is stupid? Or do you meant when she gave Taichi an “advice” to his “love problem” by saying “Boys are stronger, so protect the girls!”? Where’s the stupid part in that?
All that his little sister meant by that is that he should go and make up again with his "girl friend", which she assumed she should have. It wasn't meant as a statement in general, so it shouldn't be taken as such.
It's not even culture specific, a little sister over here could just say the very same thing in an attempt to get her big brother make up with his girl friend again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Coloured me surprised as well.

The world is filled with such strange people with different thinking
True. Without Fushima's help, their friendship would've been over now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It isn't about being strange, but rather how you perceive plot and mood.
I personally think Fujishima breaks way too much the mood with her interventions to the point it becomes a bit jarring. Sure, Kokoro Connect isn't supposed to be a full blown drama/angst series, but really, Fujishima "comic" lesbian tendencies and pushy attitude isn't exactly appealing, not in a universal sense that is. So considering people not liking Fujishima as "strange" is quite displaced.
You seriously mean that?
People being homophobic and not liking her because she's a lesbian and such is even beyond strange, it's just plain ugly.

Anyway, now for something lighter:
The Kokoro Connect OP train stop song!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-28, 20:22   Link #1699
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
All that his little sister meant by that is that he should go and make up again with his "girl friend", which she assumed she should have. It wasn't meant as a statement in general, so it shouldn't be taken as such.
And all I'm saying is that you either need different subbers or a different script-writer, because I have never liked the dialogue in this anime. I find it unnatural and cringe-worthy to listen to (or in this case, read). If that's what she meant, there was no reason the dialogue couldn't be something different. And more natural-sounding.

Quote:
It's not even culture specific, a little sister over here could just say the very same thing in an attempt to get her big brother make up with his girl friend again.
I hated it those times as well. Oh, and I hate that little sister too (Hahaha, I'm such a jackass, aren't I? ).

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 20:36   Link #1700
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawfinder View Post
(Hahaha, I'm such a jackass, aren't I? ).
We're used to it.

Besides, at this point it's almost comical.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life