AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-11, 21:17   Link #561
Nerroth
NePoi!

In case anyone remembers the BRS-themed browser game which imageepoch released last year; there's now an iOS version, plus a set of themed wallpapers to match.
Old 2012-09-19, 09:49   Link #562
Shadow5YA

Looks like there's a manga adaptation of The Game now.
Black Rock Shooter: The Game: The Manga?

The first chapter was scanlated a while ago.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-09-19 at 10:00.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 02:46   Link #563
PhoenixShooter2035

Btw,if you clear the EX-Mission and don't do the record,you can't get it by re-entering the mission and you have to start the game all over again? Because I've been trying to make the records and nothing triggers T_T
PhoenixShooter2035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 15:48   Link #564
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhŕi)
*Graphic Designer

Black Rock Shooter (psp) will be coming to NA April 23th, 2013 on the PSN.
wow, that kind of comes out of no where all of a sudden.

Source:
http://gematsu.com/2013/04/black-roc...lease-date-set

EDIT: wait....does anyone knows if this game on PSN support the Vita system? i dont have the old
psp system anymore. if this game doesnt work on Vita, i might have to skip it completely.

Last edited by Xefi; 2013-04-05 at 15:59.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 16:23   Link #565
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

FINALLY! Been looking froward the localization release date announcement for quite some time. I like BRS in almost all her renditions but the game's take on her and the universe is definitely the most intriguing to me.

I figured it would only be a PSN release, which is good because that means I'll have something to play on my Vita again and not have to buy a new PSP memory stick.~

Though I wonder how much the game itself will cost...

EDIT: I just read that it won't be available on Canada or Mexico PSN due to licensing issues. God dammit. Guess Youtube will be my best friend for this now.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-04-05 at 16:57.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 16:57   Link #566
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Hope you live in the US because Canada and Mexico (And some European countries too) aren't getting it.

Nice, isn't it?
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 18:00   Link #567
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Wait, what? That's fucking retarded. Fuck them.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 18:05   Link #568
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I guessing you guys not bother to make US account

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 18:08   Link #569
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Oh right that actually works on PS3. Nevermind then.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 18:47   Link #570
JohnNiles

Even though it's been in the pipeline forever, it still feels like a ninja announcement. I'm not fond of digital downloads... then again, UMDs were kind of blah. I guess I'll check my memory cards for space or buy another one.

The actual game is worth playing, right? Right?
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:32   Link #571
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I guessing you guys not bother to make US account
This sole game honestly isn't worth creating a whole other account for. I'm content with just watching a play-through on Youtube.

On the bright side it'll save me a few bucks too.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-04-05 at 19:44.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:42   Link #572
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
The actual game is worth playing, right? Right?
Honestly? No. The game is pretty mediocre.

The only reasons to buy it are if you are that big of fan for BRS franchise, or if you wanted the White Rock Shooter bundle that came with a figma.

Since this is apparently digital download, the latter reason doesn't even apply for us.
Old 2013-04-06, 01:46   Link #573
Alchemist007
*Author

I like the idea of the game's story, they should just make that an anime series too.
Old 2013-04-23, 21:56   Link #574
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

digital download? No thanks I want a tangible copy for my PSP.
Old 2013-04-23, 23:26   Link #575
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Honestly? No. The game is pretty mediocre.

The only reasons to buy it are if you are that big of fan for BRS franchise, or if you wanted the White Rock Shooter bundle that came with a figma.
I wouldn't be that harsh. I think the game is in general average. From a graphics standpoint I thought back then it was merely passable back then, so I assume for those playing it now it hasn't aged that well. While the story isn't exactly developed , some of the backstory was only explained outside the game (such as why the A-Class Aliens are not a lot) and a crucial plot point is just hinted at, I find leagues better than the animated version.
Gameplay wise it's decent, but can get repetitive, though I found the boss battles a bit more hectic than the normal ones.
Since it was announced back then but I want confirmation, did they cut "NO SCARED" from the opening?
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 01:03   Link #576
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Luckily I have $20 on my wallet from buying my last game so I can bought this game..

..pretty weird game if you ask me. The battle system especially

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 01:09   Link #577
cj_iwakura
The Rhythm Rogue

Send a message via AIM to cj_iwakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I wouldn't be that harsh. I think the game is in general average. From a graphics standpoint I thought back then it was merely passable back then, so I assume for those playing it now it hasn't aged that well. While the story isn't exactly developed , some of the backstory was only explained outside the game (such as why the A-Class Aliens are not a lot) and a crucial plot point is just hinted at, I find leagues better than the animated version.
Gameplay wise it's decent, but can get repetitive, though I found the boss battles a bit more hectic than the normal ones.
Since it was announced back then but I want confirmation, did they cut "NO SCARED" from the opening?
Is that the metal song? Then yes, it's in.

I like it so far, but it could use some improvements, like adding preemptive attacks or maybe a jump option to spice things up.

I also think it looks really good, for what it is.
Old 2013-04-24, 14:25   Link #578
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
Is that the metal song? Then yes, it's in.
That's surprising. NISA hinted they may had to remove it.

Quote:
I like it so far, but it could use some improvements, like adding preemptive attacks or maybe a jump option to spice things up.

I also think it looks really good, for what it is.
Sadly some of the better skills that offer a little more variety are obtained only in the New Game+, which I recommend doing anyway for the Better End (as it was called in the JP version). What's interesting is that you just have to redo certain missions to get that ending and they're even marked, hence it's faster.
Old 2013-04-24, 16:31   Link #579
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I wouldn't be that harsh. I think the game is in general average.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mediocre?s=t

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary.com
meˇdiˇoˇcre
[mee-dee-oh-ker] Show IPA

adjective
of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate: The car gets only mediocre mileage, but it's fun to drive
"Mediocre" does have a more negative connotation than "average", but that's what I was going for.

"Eh... it's okay, but not really that good."

Quote:
While the story isn't exactly developed , some of the backstory was only explained outside the game (such as why the A-Class Aliens are not a lot) and a crucial plot point is just hinted at, I find leagues better than the animated version.
Needing outside material to understand the story means the story itself isn't very strong on its own.

And I agree it's better than the anime, but that's not saying much at all

Quote:
My problem with it was that the battle system is very middling. Some of the skills are essentially turn-based with their cutscene cinematics (see the Blade series and Charge Shot series), but it doesn't have any of the strategy or complexity of a true turn-based RPG like Pokémon or Shin Megami Tensei.
While there is movement, it's very awkward and restricted, so it doesn't hold a candle to any real hack and slash, beatemup, or action game.

The main reason why I played through with it to the end was because I like BRS. If this were a different franchise, or a completely different game with a set of unrecognizable characters, I'm not sure I would give it the time of day.
Old 2013-04-25, 01:22   Link #580
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Needing outside material to understand the story means the story itself isn't very strong on its own.
I'm referring mostly to minor details. The only big point is just never answered directly. Despite being limited, it tells a story...something that the anime never managed to do at all.

Quote:
My problem with it was that the battle system is very middling. Some of the skills are essentially turn-based with their cutscene cinematics (see the Blade series and Charge Shot series), but it doesn't have any of the strategy or complexity of a true turn-based RPG like Pokémon or Shin Megami Tensei.
It's a a battle system Imageepoch used also for Last Ranker and later in Tokitowa with varying degrees of implementation (Tokitowa being probably the worst one) so while it is simple and repetitive it does what is set to do. Not the best one out there, but also not that bad. I found it limited only during the extra missions since the difficulty is higher.