AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-21, 20:12   Link #21
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Yeah, Macross Zero was definitely awesome, but I'd rather see 2d then 3d. Must be cause I'm old school when it comes to Macross.
Animating mecha fights is something beautiful. Nowadays it looks like animators are getting lazy and are doing everything with computers.
hahahah You think 3D animation is easy..? Well believe me, It's not! ...Ok, maybe it's not as hard as some heavy high quality stuff like Tarzan (1999 movie) But still, it's not easy to make good quality 3D animation.

But you know what's really hard? Stuff like the combination between good quality traditional animation and 3D computer animation and making the product look good, And other stuff like rotoscoping as well...Those are some real pain in the ass

And ow yeah, The real reason way some producers and directors choice 3D over 2D is because it's cheaper. They need much more animators when it comes to cel animation.

Quote:
Is it just me or does the design on the top left of the image somehow resemble the Solar Aquarion (the head)?
Yeah, well most of the Anime character designers have lost there passion for originality and creativity...Just make the girls look as 'Moe/loli' as possible and make the males look as gay as possible and you win!! there is just no need for them to be creative...

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2007-06-21 at 20:37.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 07:04   Link #22
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Not to disappoint you, but animators have not been using many manual animation techniques for years now. Almost all coloring is done on a computer, for example.

Since this is a Satelight production, the mecha are definitely going to be CGI. Which should be fairly awesome, if past work is any indication.

And I am looking forward to finding out who they selected to be this "new Minmei". Let's hope she isn't as annoying as the original one. 8)
Yeah I know. But it's still drawn and 2d.

@kaito-kid. I didn't know exactly what the reason was (I thought it would be about production costs). I was just stating the fact that A LOT of animation studios are going 3d nowadays. Why would you go 3d when 2d could be just as good or even better (take Gurren Lagann as an example).

What would you choose? A 2d Macross with the same quality as Macross Plus or a 3d Macross? It wouldn't be a hard choice for me. Macross plus wins this hands down.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 07:11   Link #23
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
No announcement yet. There's a 25th anniversary Macross concert coming up and that's when all details are supposed to be announced.

However from the looks of the battloids I'm pretty sure it will be set after Macross 7. It just looks like the battloids just look too advanced, they look more like advanced versions of VF11's in Mac7, rather than anything in SDF, Mac 0, Mac plus etc etc

EDIT: Just watched SDF MAcross and DYRL again (probably the 50th+ time). Damn the intro theme still gets to me. THe music in general is still so awesome. But then again I am a child of the 80's.
I feel you man my first taste of anime was Robotech aired on US Tv the opening theme to Robotech is imo one of the best opening sequences and musical score of all time, i teard up when i watched shadow chronicles and heard the old theme playing
Old 2007-06-22, 07:20   Link #24
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I watched clash of the bionoids (dub of DYRL) a long long time ago. I have to say Mari Ijima's singing was far better than Reba West (minmei in Macross and RT respectively.) enjoy RT just because of what the different take on the "protoculture" thing.

So Shadow Chronicles is a decent pickup then?
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 08:38   Link #25
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
I found this flyer floating around. Seems to be a voice audition.

can anyone translate it? it would be awesome if it was a new macross series!~~ or heck even a movie!!!

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/audition/v3/
I assume this is Macross 25, if so then the thread can be merged with the existing Macross 25 thread (in the Unaired forum).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 09:00   Link #26
DieH@rd

They will do it as best as they can. 2d, 3d, i dont care
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 13:57   Link #27
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
@kaito-kid. I didn't know exactly what the reason was (I thought it would be about production costs). I was just stating the fact that A LOT of animation studios are going 3d nowadays. Why would you go 3d when 2d could be just as good or even better (take Gurren Lagann as an example).
Don't worry my friend, The use of 3D in animated cartoons is still minimum compared to 2D.(especially in anime.) There is still love for the traditional animation

Quote:
What would you choose? A 2d Macross with the same quality as Macross Plus or a 3d Macross? It wouldn't be a hard choice for me. Macross plus wins this hands down.
lol My choose? Visually something even better then Macross Plus
In the end It would depend on the available budget...
But Macros is old school...So I would try to bring it back in a stylish and sexy way.
I would at least try to impress the audiences with something new and creative. Not just the visual design, But the very idea.
Old 2007-06-23, 01:05   Link #28
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I just want better music. Minimei as annoying and helpless as she was had the best songs. As pretty as Mac 0 was it was extremely thin in terms of plot and music.
Old 2007-06-23, 01:23   Link #29
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

The CG used in Macross Zero was awesome. I'd be more than happy to see another series with that quality level. And these days it shouldn't take six months per episode, either...
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 02:13   Link #30
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
The CG used in Macross Zero was awesome. I'd be more than happy to see another series with that quality level. And these days it shouldn't take six months per episode, either...
These days? It's only been 5 years since Zero. There's no way the M25 will have Zero-quality as a TV series.

Satelight's application of CGI had always been solid and impressive as far as mechanical adaptions go, and this being Macross...there's bound to be more money pumped into it, so it should be good. Just not-Zero good, bar probably a few important episodes.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 02:31   Link #31
madarabe
Dunamist

Quote:
I just want better music. Minimei as annoying and helpless as she was had the best songs. As pretty as Mac 0 was it was extremely thin in terms of plot and music.
Same here. I don't really care 2D or 3D animation what so ever. It's not that important, I still enjoy watching my old Macross dvds tho.

The song "Runner" is still a classic for me, especially the duet version of Makoto Fujiwara & Mari Iijima. Hmm, 1 & a half months more for the debut concert, then only we will know who is the new heroine.

いっぺん 死んでみる?
madarabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 07:28   Link #32
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
These days? It's only been 5 years since Zero. There's no way the M25 will have Zero-quality as a TV series.
Yeah, and those five years have been reasonably significant in the world of high-end computing, with nice improvements to distributed processing and general price drops on small scale supercomputers suitable for rendering farms. On the raw, grunt-power side it's important.

Of course much more goes in to making a series, and I don't really expect them to be able to do that all-round quality of Zero in a TV series, but the animation should still be pretty good.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 21:33   Link #33
Monkey D. Luffy

I love Macross, I'm sure it will look good regardless, I'll be waiting for this to air.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 03:01   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
Yeah, and those five years have been reasonably significant in the world of high-end computing, with nice improvements to distributed processing and general price drops on small scale supercomputers suitable for rendering farms. On the raw, grunt-power side it's important.

Of course much more goes in to making a series, and I don't really expect them to be able to do that all-round quality of Zero in a TV series, but the animation should still be pretty good.
The thing is Zero was good right up until the introdution of the Bird Human at which point it ultimately lost sight of it's plot. I really hope they go straight up military this time and that it doesn't go into the mystic and weird stuff unless they do it well. In Macross 7 it was alright as it was ultimately explained, but I never quite got just what exactly the Bird Human was supposed to be.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 07:55   Link #35
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I'd also actually like to see the SDF Macross. Funnily enough for a series whcih is named and centered around the ship, we haven't seen it in a while, (I don't recall it Mac 7 or Zero obviously) it was in plus but it seems to have died a cold lonely death despite surviving Quamjin's attack.
Old 2007-06-29, 17:30   Link #36
Choos

I am really really looking forward to this, I don't really care what its going to be about but of course I would prefer it to follow on from the original.
Choos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 08:09   Link #37
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by madarabe View Post
Same here. I don't really care 2D or 3D animation what so ever. It's not that important, I still enjoy watching my old Macross dvds tho.

The song "Runner" is still a classic for me, especially the duet version of Makoto Fujiwara & Mari Iijima. Hmm, 1 & a half months more for the debut concert, then only we will know who is the new heroine.
Tickets were like 35 USD too, man that's a bargain. As much as I hate Basara, he did have a good singing voice, it was very gritty and bluesy. I'd pay that to hear him and Mari Ijima sing.
Old 2007-08-13, 08:39   Link #38
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Oh crap Mari Ijima in car accident (she's ok though)

http://www.marimusic.com/index2.html

Trailer to new series to be released 18th of August

PS are any groups planning to do this series?
Old 2007-08-13, 08:44   Link #39
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
PS are any groups planning to do this series?
Obviously, if nothing else some /m/-based group will take it.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 09:06   Link #40
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Trailer to new series to be released 18th of August
Nice, can't wait to see the trailer.

*Prays Kawamori finds the right balance (coughaquarioncoughmacrosszerocough) for M25*
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance