Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-14, 11:03   Link #41
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
is that image reversed or did tia's gigasword change hands?
Its typical english translated manga panel flipping, where to go from japanese style of right to left and transfer to english style of left to right they just simply flip the panel.
Old 2010-07-14, 13:00   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
is that image reversed or did tia's gigasword change hands?
I didn't reverse anything. The sword changing hands is Kubo's mistake, it's in her right hand two pages before, then it switches to her left. The anime corrected it.
Old 2010-07-14, 22:58   Link #43
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Hahaha!! I just saw the SCG! Hilarious indeed xD

The middle one seems quite decent imo

And just for the pleasure of Trizzy's eyes (and also all the ED lovers's ;D) :

Luckily, we will have a creditless version for this one =D
Old 2010-07-14, 23:02   Link #44
Nosauz

OHYEAAAHHH!!!! Not only is Kubo bad at writing but the anime filler writers are even better than kubo. Kill a bunch of mooks and that's some how suppoesd to be entertaining. Again remember that Ichigo killed a menos grande with one sword slash at the end of the first arc which really does not help to equate the power of the vaizards. I mean it's like having Zed from powerrangers season 1 have his goons whoop on the power rangers, then the green ranger shows up, and instead of fighting the generals/lieutenants, he goes off to kick abunch z-bots in the chest. God... why do I even bother tuning in each week?
Old 2010-07-15, 00:20   Link #45
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
remember that Ichigo killed a menos grande with one sword slash at the end of the first arc which really does not help to equate the power of the vaizards.
Minor correction. He made it flee. He didn't actually kill it back then. But yeah, point taken. Vizards shouldn't have needed their masks to take on a small army of gillians. At the very least, the former captains among the Vizards shouldn't have needed their masks yet.

Mashiro was probably the only one who had a decent reason to have the mask on since she actually took on superchuncky too. But if I had to defend the Vizards in this case, I'd assume they were probably in rush to wipe out the gillians before superchuncky could regurgitate more reinforcements. Of course, I have no evidence to support this though.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-07-15 at 00:35.
Old 2010-07-15, 04:23   Link #46
SakuraHououji-NoMiko

I think it was just all about showing us what their masks look like more than anything. I mean Mashiros make was suppose to last 15hrs FROM THE GET GO when she's at rest, but can only last a few minutes in combat a whole century later? I'm sure the Vizards weren't sitting on there collective asses waiting for the chance to open up some whip-ass on Aizen, so yeah I think TK is forgetting the whole power structures he had originally set up. The HM arc sucks most for me because Orihime just seems so damn pitiful in it, Ichigo seems to cocky in it, and the only one I really saw development in (powers wise) was Chad I love how when he beat Arrancar 107 his "Left Arm of the Devil" caused a skull to appear! Awesomeness there, lol. But i think i saw it before in a filler episode too, or might be my imagination. I liked Rukia's fight too, that showed her coming to terms with her past a bit.

I won't mention the manga since it's hard for me to do so w/o spoiler lol. But yeah this whole HM arc is dragging on to damn long for me. I'm ready for it to conclude and for something fresh to come in.
Old 2010-07-15, 04:40   Link #47
SakuraHououji-NoMiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Again remember that Ichigo killed a menos grande with one sword slash at the end of the first arc
Yeah, he only made it leave the real world. One thing about that, I've seen it mentioned, is how some people are pissed because when Gillian where first introduced they seemed tough as hell, but now they seem to be dropping faster than a fly after being sprayed with Raid. If I remember correctly thou, in both the anime and manga, Hitsugaya stated that for vice-captain and captain class individuals the Gillian foot soldiers are no prob, the Adjuchas were captain level and the, the Vastos Lordes were above even captains.

After hearing/reading that it sorta made since to me that the brainless foot soldiers were easy for them to beat down. What didn't fly was the Del Roy (or Dei Roy, w/e) was an Adjucha and Rukia beat him like he was a Gillian. We all now the only reason that Rukia is not a seated officer is Byakuya, but still it was just a bit TOO easy. The only think I can think is that he was barely above a Gillian to begin with, but since he was part of that group they covered for him. And from that flash back with Grimmjaw we knew he was a bunch of mouth anyway.
Old 2010-07-15, 07:53   Link #48
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So, after skipping the flashbacks that were added for god knows what reason, when they could have just spent more time slicing mooks, and after the close-ups on every vizard (again), the episode got good. I particularly enjoyed three scenes:
1) Hissatsu! Menos HUUUUUURL! Nothing more disturbing than menos puke...
2) Mashiro's nutcracker on the big nameless thing (at least it would have been a nutcracker if the creature had any).
3) Love's arm dissection, that was pretty badass.
The rest was still nice, ED included...till next week~

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-07-15 at 15:27.
Old 2010-07-15, 09:52   Link #49
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Minor correction. He made it flee. He didn't actually kill it back then. But yeah, point taken. Vizards shouldn't have needed their masks to take on a small army of gillians. At the very least, the former captains among the Vizards shouldn't have needed their masks yet.
This scene looks even more ridiculouse when you take a look at the last filler arc where captains were forced to fight menos grande same way as vizards and had no trouble at all.

Yet now some of them are so impressed... like for example Hitsugaya... I'm sure that even Omaeda took down at least one menos back then =/
Old 2010-07-15, 15:03   Link #50
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
This scene looks even more ridiculouse when you take a look at the last filler arc where captains were forced to fight menos grande same way as vizards and had no trouble at all.
Yeah. Captains & VC's no less. In any case, I suppose the mere fact that it was filler gets a lot of viewers to automatically disregard any and all inconsistencies for the sake of preserving at least a little bit of their own sanity.
Quote:
Yet now some of them are so impressed... like for example Hitsugaya... I'm sure that even Omaeda took down at least one menos back then =/
lol. Well if Hitsu's reaction bothers you that much, just do what I do and try to interpret it differently.

For instance, I'm sure the last thing Hitsugaya expected at the moment was for a 3rd party full of strangers wearing hollow masks to show up to handle their minor gillian problem. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think this is the first time (within the canon story anyways) that Hitsugaya's ever seen a Vizard as well as the people behind the masks. So *perhaps* Hitsu wasn't impressed with their strength so much as he was thrown off guard by the shear suddenness of it all.

^^this is what I tell myself.
Old 2010-07-15, 17:27   Link #51
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah i agree they didn't need to wear their masks ...

Anyway , Lisa-chan seems to be still in love with Kyoraku .
Triangle love with Ise ?
Old 2010-07-15, 21:26   Link #52
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:

Mashiro was probably the only one who had a decent reason to have the mask on since she actually took on superchuncky too. But if I had to defend the Vizards in this case, I'd assume they were probably in rush to wipe out the gillians before superchuncky could regurgitate more reinforcements. Of course, I have no evidence to support this though.
I think you missed the point. The Vizards wanted to show off in front of Aizen to prove how good mere specimens can fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Again people using hollowfication for 100 years can last for 3 minutes.... Ichigo whos been hollowficating for 3 weeks can do it for 10+ minutes??!?
I don't think Mashiro would be too impressed from his 10 minutes(), so obviously results vary quite a bit. Secondly time is quite meaningless if you hit your individual limit. I bet Renji will still suck at kidou in a hundred years no matter how much he trains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraHououji-NoMiko View Post
I think it was just all about showing us what their masks look like more than anything. I mean Mashiros make was suppose to last 15hrs FROM THE GET GO when she's at rest, but can only last a few minutes in combat a whole century later? I'm sure the Vizards weren't sitting on there collective asses waiting for the chance to open up some whip-ass on Aizen, so yeah I think TK is forgetting the whole power structures he had originally set up.
Love was probably speaking for himself.

Old 2010-07-15, 21:47   Link #53
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

whoops, just realized I posted a spoiler of sorts...

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2010-07-15 at 23:30.
Old 2010-07-15, 22:22   Link #54
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

well it's possible, but Ichigo abandoned the vizard training midway, so it's hard to judge if he could have reached a higher level transformation under their guidance

I wouldn't compare the Vizards' development with Ichigo's just after his first training session.

Last edited by WONDERMIKE; 2010-07-15 at 22:34.
Old 2010-07-15, 22:25   Link #55
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
I think you missed the point. The Vizards wanted to show off in front of Aizen to prove how good mere specimens can fight.
The reason why I never considered that is because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Putting on the masks just to take down a bunch of fodder opponents they should've been to handle just as easily without the masks can hardly be considered showing off. And it also fails at proving to Aizen (or many of us for that matter) just "how good mere specimens can fight". On the contrary, some fans might argue that the whole ordeal just made the vizards appear rather weak.

I think Kubo didn't realize just how much he nerfed the image of the gillians since the first arc of this series. The gillians probably seem even weaker to anime-only viewers thanks to some of the past filler.

*edit*
I forgot to mention that I do happen to agree with you with regards to the Vizards intentions and reasoning behind it. In other words, I've no doubt they meant to intimidate Aizen with that entrance of theirs. I'm just a little saddened because the story Kubo created ended up making their actions appear rather counterproductive towards their intent.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-07-15 at 22:53.
Old 2010-07-15, 22:32   Link #56
kitten320

Quote:
lol. Well if Hitsu's reaction bothers you that much, just do what I do and try to interpret it differently.

For instance, I'm sure the last thing Hitsugaya expected at the moment was for a 3rd party full of strangers wearing hollow masks to show up to handle their minor gillian problem. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think this is the first time (within the canon story anyways) that Hitsugaya's ever seen a Vizard as well as the people behind the masks. So *perhaps* Hitsu wasn't impressed with their strength so much as he was thrown off guard by the shear suddenness of it all.

^^this is what I tell myself.
I guess that does make more scenes... besides Hitsugaya wasn't born when vizards were in SS...
Old 2010-07-15, 22:51   Link #57
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Quote:
The reason why I never considered that is because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Putting on the masks just to take down a bunch of fodder opponents they should've been to handle just as easily without the masks can hardly be considered showing off. And it also fails at proving to Aizen (or many of us for that matter) just "how good mere specimens can fight". On the contrary, some fans might argue that the whole ordeal just made the vizards appear rather weak.

I think Kubo didn't realize just how much he nerfed the image of the gillians since the first arc of this series. The gillians probably seem even weaker to anime-only viewers thanks to some of the past filler.
It certainly does make sense. The last time they saw Aizen was with their faces down, ready to die or turn into brainless Hollows or something like that. But they survived, tamed their Hollow part and are able to make use of it's power.

It's not about the Menos, it's about the fact they can don their masks and use their new powers in battle, against Aizen. Just look at Shinji and how is taunting Aizen, it's really not that hard to spot why they were showing off their Vizard powers.

And it's certainly not Kubo's fault when a menos nowadays feels as threatening as a fly. Kubo used one gillian at the beginning, then quite a lot when Aizen departed from the sougyoku hill, some in a flashback to portray the menos evolution and now. Everything else wasn't canon, and I even go so far and call the scenes from "menos forrest" filler because the anime team felt like everyone can wipe out as many as they want to while it should have been a rather dangerous mini-arc behind enemy lines.

The only stupid thing about that scene is how the Gotei reacts when Superchunky starts to spam the gillians, they were way too dramatic about it.(not counting Omaeda, he's always like that.. and Kira, who is whiny until he releases wabiske which suddenly gives him a cool attitude).

btw, if it was me I would have done it for the lulz of shocking those newbies who took my job after my employer declared open season on me

Last edited by WONDERMIKE; 2010-07-15 at 23:12.
Old 2010-07-15, 23:09   Link #58
sayde

Quote:
It certainly does make sense. The last time they saw Aizen was with their faces down, ready to die or turn into brainless Hollows or something like that. But they survived, tamed their Hollow part and are able to make use of it's power.
The fact that they survived is impressive enough. But to prove they tamed their hollow side on a bunch of weak leveled opponents just doesn't appear to be all that big of a deal since it doesn't prove their strength to be much of a threat to Aizen.

Quote:
And it's certainly not Kubo's fault when a menos nowadays feels as threatening as a fly. Kubo used one gillian at the beginning, then quite a lot when Aizen departed from the sougyoku hill and now. Everything else wasn't canon, and I even go so far and call the scenes from "menos forrest" filler because the anime team felt like everyone can wipe out as many as they want to while it should have been a rather dangerous mini-arc behind enemy lines.
I respectfully disagree. Gillians began to feel increasingly less threatening the moment Kubo went about introducing menos class hollows above that of the gillians. The introduction of the arrancar, the things some of them said to demean the gillians strength (for the sake of making them seem stronger), and the outcomes of the battles that took place sped this process along. And once Rukia and characters of her tier started killing off adjuchas-class arrancar, well that was pretty much it. I mean Rukia was the one at the beginning of the series who made such a big deal of a single gillians strength. She definitely made it seem like she couldn't beat one by herself even if Ichigo didn't take her powers. So for her to defeat enemies with strength supposedly way beyond that of gillian without any real powers up or training time, hurt their image a lot IMO.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-07-15 at 23:20.
Old 2010-07-15, 23:28   Link #59
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
^Halibel really would feel like "aunt" then

By the way Stark's cero appeared to be a joke... he shot Shunsui from close and yet he can still move like nothing happened, just needs slight recovery... so much from Premiera -_-
I was also slightly dissappointed by his cero. Shunsui has already said a cero isn't enough to kill him though. I feel like his power is so much greater than the other captains right now (exempting The Captain Commander of course). Can't wait to see if he will get serious.
Old 2010-07-16, 17:05   Link #60
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Special: Lol so that is the real reason why he is angry at Aizen
So true, made me laugh for ages.

I think we can expect around 4 more episodes of the vizards fighting and then will go to fillers, just because its getting good. Like Tousen is going to fight hisagi and komamura which will be so exciting.