Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-30, 08:23   Link #1
Qwey

Something like Gakuen Alice (manga)

Hey all,

I'm looking for a manga like Gakuen Alice. The things that I especially enjoy about this manga is the powers everyone has, as well as the main characters personality and the school setting. I also really, really like Mahou Sensei Negima and Claymore. I haven't a read a ton of manga, but you can see my manga list here: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Neczy. It'd be great if the series was completed, but ongoing is fine.

Longer series are preferred, so long as it doesn't drag. Also I can't read japanese, so please only recommend scanlated series. Thanks!

Also, my manga list is based pretty much on other people's recommendations, and although I enjoyed most of the stuff listed, I definitely enjoy action/sword fights and all that other shounen-y stuff.
Old 2010-07-30, 09:34   Link #2
jedinat

Hoshi no Samidare
Noblesse
Ao no Futsumashi
Hayate x Blade
Beelzebub
Angel Densetsu

None of those are probably much like Gakuen Alice (which is shoujo after all), but I think you might like them.
Old 2010-07-30, 18:41   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I strongly, strongly recommend Pita Ten. The characters are about the same age as Gakuen Alice, and it has that same quality of being an anime for and about kids that smart and funny enough for adults.
Old 2010-07-31, 17:59   Link #4
TCman

Hi,

well, if you like Gakuen Alice, then you may like Shugo Chara, Cardcaptor Sakura, Full Moon o Sagashite and Yumeiro Patissiere.
Old 2010-08-02, 04:02   Link #5
Qwey

Thanks for the suggestions so far--from what Manga-Updates shows, I think I'll enjoy quite a few of the recs. The thing I hate most about manga is its so quick to read. At least with anime, you know that its gonna take 24 minutes per episode, whereas you can read 1 volume in like 30-40 minutes if there's not a lot of dialog or something. :/

Keep the suggestions coming!
Closed Thread