Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-29, 14:57   Link #21
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Nope. It is not very likely for a usable character dying after falling unconscious. Anyway, an unconscious character you expect to die is a dead one in One Piece. Right now, I don't think many people would expect Moria to die, especially after only receiving a few hits from Luffy as a Shichibukai.
I think what he was saying (sarcastically), is that being unconscious is as close as villains are going to get to dying on this show.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2007-11-29, 15:03   Link #22
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I think what he was saying (sarcastically), is that being unconscious is as close as villains are going to get to dying on this show.
I guess, that is true only if they receive some kind of help or they are strong enough to beat death (I think the ones who had lost their conscious in Enies Lobby can be considered as death).
Old 2007-11-29, 15:20   Link #23
shankss
CP10

Quote:
I guess, that is true only if they receive some kind of help or they are strong enough to beat death (I think the ones who had lost their conscious in Enies Lobby can be considered as death).
well yea that was what I mentioned Croc,Lucci,Kaku,Jyabura and rest looks unconcious but I dont really think that One Piece is a big fan of killing things around.I guess the only dead villain so far is Higuma the bear since he wont survive after getting crushed by a sea monster So if you they go unconcious, they lose anyway
Old 2007-11-29, 16:02   Link #24
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
^ Nice reasoning going on there .....
Ya, though there are some things i forgot to take into account...
While the world gov't could be PLANNING all i said, preparing a trap for whitebeard and making moves in the new world to gain an overall win while whitebeard suffers losses, the end result will probably be more likly breaking even as the world gov't will probably loose as much as the pirates will...

The world gov't suffers from a lack of knowledge of the relationships Ace has with other pirates... the only one they know for certain is his relationship with Whitebeard, and as such the world gov't would be ready for him... the relationship between Ace and Luffy is another they have just confirmed thanks to Kuma, so long as he reports back; which he probably will... However, they probably don't know about any conection between ace and Shanks, and they certainly don't know about Ace and Dragon... That's a couple of powerhouses that they probably aren't taking into account

More than likely, if the world gov't is planning a trap for whitebeard and Luffy, their gonna end up getting hit harder than they expected and as such will probably suffer some serious losses along with whitebeard... for intance, if this all happens in Impel Down, the attack could result in not only Ace escaping but many other powerful pirates as well; so while the world gov't might manage to knock whitebeard's crew down a knotch the over strength of pirates in the world will be maintain due to those who escape...

Though grant it, i somehow can't see Shanks showing up... i feel like Whtiebeard and Luffy will, but not shanks... i guess it seems too much for him to join in as well since we would already have whitebeard. A reunion between Shanks and Luffy feels like it will be something for the new world, closer to the end

Y'know though, it maye be awhile before we actually see an attempt to save Ace... as of right now, Luffy still has no idea that Ace has been captured. More then likely, i think they will continue onto Merman Island and the next arc will be there... however, it is sometime while there that the fate of Ace will be announced and Luffy will find out what happen and then go charging after Ace.
Quote:
I think once Oz is done, Sanji and Zoro should go search of the shadows. I dont think that it would be much of a problem because i predict that Zombie Zoro and Zombie Sanji are kicking the crap outta each other even now ....
Actually, Zoro and Sanji should go look for cover after Oz is beaten...
The strawhats only have 10 minutes left before dawn and that's definatly not enough time for Zoro and Sanji to look all over the island, find their zombies (which they have not seen before), and purify them... better they should find some cover while the other strawhats go zombie hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
If Oz is still 'operational' it should mean that Moria is still kickin'...

I thought that if you defeat Moria all his shadows will be released and powers cancelled? Unless...

All shadows he CURRENTLY was holding, such as Robins was released but shadows who he already implanted to dead corpses will stay operational regardless Moria...

I guess Moria is just unconciuss... if he would be dead I guess all shadow warriors would lost their loaylty to Moria at same moment.

So clock still keeps ticking... sunrise is happening anymoment and 3 (possible Robin too) is still without their shadows.
Actually, the opposite was stated, That if Moria was rendered unconsious the shadows would not return... So Oz still kickin does not mean Moria is still up and running... only way for the shadows to return is for Moria to will it or for the zombies to be purified...

Also, if Robin is helping fight Oz in this chapter then she probably got her shadow back... normally she would be unconsious for 3 days, but if she got it back she migh wake up right away. And considering Moria was holding on to Robin's shadow instead of being put into a zombie, he probably let go of it when he got knocked out by Luffy and the shadow went back to Robin
Old 2007-11-29, 17:34   Link #25
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
well yea that was what I mentioned Croc,Lucci,Kaku,Jyabura and rest looks unconcious but I dont really think that One Piece is a big fan of killing things around.I guess the only dead villain so far is Higuma the bear since he wont survive after getting crushed by a sea monster So if you they go unconcious, they lose anyway
Actually, isn't all, or at least most, of Cp9 dead too? They were all unconscious when Enies Lobby blew up, and the buster call pays no regard to naval officers or anyone. I wonder if Oda is going to clear that up in an SBS or something?
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2007-11-29, 18:10   Link #26
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
The world gov't suffers from a lack of knowledge of the relationships Ace has with other pirates... the only one they know for certain is his relationship with Whitebeard, and as such the world gov't would be ready for him...
I doubt that is the case. Aokiji was aware that Luffy was Garp's grandson. So, I think, Aokiji should be aware of the other connections as well within Garp's family, including Dragon and Ace. And, even if you forget about that part, (if the anime part was not a filler) Smoker has already verified that Ace and Luffy are brothers, and he must have informed his superiors.
Old 2007-11-29, 18:39   Link #27
Slayerx

Quote:
I doubt that is the case. Aokiji was aware that Luffy was Garp's grandson. So, I think, Aokiji should be aware of the other connections as well within Garp's family, including Dragon and Ace.
Actually i rather doubt they know of Dragon's relationships... From the sounds of it, despite how easily he let it slip out, Garp has been keeping his relationship with Dragon and any other info on Dragon a secret. I mean Robin pointed out that all information of Dragon, even his full name were all shrouded in mystery... until Garp blabbed about it so casually. One could only wonder what action the world gov't might take if they knew of Dragon's family... Hell, they probably would have pressed Garp for every little detail he had on Dragon
Old 2007-11-29, 18:54   Link #28
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Actually i rather doubt they know of Dragon's relationships... From the sounds of it, despite how easily he let it slip out, Garp has been keeping his relationship with Dragon and any other info on Dragon a secret. I mean Robin pointed out that all information of Dragon, even his full name were all shrouded in mystery... until Garp blabbed about it so casually. One could only wonder what action the world gov't might take if they knew of Dragon's family... Hell, they probably would have pressed Garp for every little detail he had on Dragon
A whole lot of people in Luffy's village should know about that family, you can base this on what the elder of the village has said. But, that kind of information is not something you would deliberately go out and shout. Aokiji knowing about Luffy was also strange, though I am guessing he made the connection because he knew Luffy's name (or surname). I am sure Dragon's full name is also known by the higher level people in the WG.

You can consider this case as being similar to Robin's case. I doubt many people are aware of the real Robin, what she had done, what was going on with her and the people in her island. But, there were people who knew about that.

Anyway, considering the work ethics of CP9, I highly doubt that WG has not learned anything about Dragon. That would look really strange, considering that he should be well known even long time ago, when he left Luffy and Ace, I mean, he shouldn't fall from the sky and became what he is right now. He is even still using his own name. So, he doesn't even look as someone trying so hard to hide information about himself - even his face seems to be known - he showed his face to Smoker with no hesitation, and he was recognized as well. It wouldn't take a lot of time to find out about his roots.
Old 2007-11-30, 20:34   Link #29
Slayerx

Well the chapter is out and it's pretty good, and it seems like Oz is finally finished once and for all.
Moria on the other hand, still seems to be out cold...

what i'm having trouble seeing is how they are gonna force Moria to order the release of the shadows... i mean, once he regains consiousness, there's not much stopping him from escaping. His shadow powers give him a limited form of teleportation so even if they tie up Moria he can easily escape... the only why they could force him to return the shadows is if they had seastone that they could use to tie up Moria; though if they had Seastone, then they would have tried giving it to one of the strawhats so that they could use it against Moria

Quote:
A whole lot of people in Luffy's village should know about that family, you can base this on what the elder of the village has said. But, that kind of information is not something you would deliberately go out and shout. Aokiji knowing about Luffy was also strange, though I am guessing he made the connection because he knew Luffy's name (or surname). I am sure Dragon's full name is also known by the higher level people in the WG.
Well not even the village might know about Dragon... i mean, there's nothign sayin that that village was Dragon's home town, just that it was where Luffy and Ace were raised; Hell they might have not even been born there for all we know, they could have moved their sometime after being born... The village might only know about Garp and his relationship with Ace and Luffy, thinking that they had always been raised by Garp, never knowing their father or Garp may have told them that their father was no one special and just some bum who ran out on his kids... their might be some possibility that Garp might have told the elder about Dragon, but he would have kept it a secret

As for Ao Kiji knowing about Luffy... unlike his rebel son, Garp had intended for Luffy to grow up and become a Marine, and as such would not worry too much about telling Ao kiji about his grandchildren... Ao kiji knew Garp from years ago, long before Ace and Luffy went off and became infamous Pirates... unlike, Dragon, Garp had no reason to keep his grandkids a secret
Quote:
You can consider this case as being similar to Robin's case. I doubt many people are aware of the real Robin, what she had done, what was going on with her and the people in her island. But, there were people who knew about that.
Well, in the case of robin, the world gov't has a damn good reason to keep the real infromation about her a secret... if anyone knew the truth, then it would only cause trouble for them... However, information about Dragon is not something they would be as secretive about as they want him captured; and releasing any info they have about him would only help bounty hunters get in on the action
Quote:
Anyway, considering the work ethics of CP9, I highly doubt that WG has not learned anything about Dragon. That would look really strange, considering that he should be well known even long time ago, when he left Luffy and Ace, I mean, he shouldn't fall from the sky and became what he is right now. He is even still using his own name. So, he doesn't even look as someone trying so hard to hide information about himself - even his face seems to be known - he showed his face to Smoker with no hesitation, and he was recognized as well. It wouldn't take a lot of time to find out about his roots.
Well Dragon is not really using his own name, as he has been keep his surname a secret and only going by Dragon... the his given name "Dragon" doesn't help anyone find out about his past, using it is not much different than using a code name... As for his face being known; well it would be hard for him to act as the leader of world wide revolution without ever showing his face... i mean, he's probably shown his face a few time to give speeches and host rallies and so forth. Only way he could keep his face hidden is if he wore a mask, but poeple respond better to a human face rather than a mask; not to mention you could get imposters wearing similar masks. And if his face is already known, then there is no point for him to hide it from poeple like Smoker... Having his face known helps give people an idea of who to rally behind in revolution

I mean, depending on how good Dragon is, Dragon could have covered up many of his ties to the past leaving only people like Garp behind that could reveal anything... If Ciphor Pol's have no information to go on, then they can't look into his past... In order to find out about his past, the CP agents need somewhere to start and work back from; if Dragon doesn't give them a starting point, thn they got nothing to work with and thus can not find anything about him... It's true they managed to find out about Tom and the Blueprints, but all that may mean is that the shipwrights were not as good as Dragon was at making sure they left no evidence behind them.

Hell, if Ciphor Pol DID manage to find out about Dragon's family relations, they probably would have brought in anyone who had any connection to Dragon and got every bit of information they could out of them; and that includes Garp... Knowing Dragon's name would probably be enough for them to figure out where his home town was and then find anyone he ever had a connection with and use them to gain more info.
Old 2007-11-30, 20:36   Link #30
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Well the chapter is out and it's pretty good, and it seems like Oz is finally finished once and for all.
Moria on the other hand, still seems to be out cold...

what i'm having trouble seeing is how they are gonna force Moria to order the release of the shadows... i mean, once he regains consiousness, there's not much stopping him from escaping. His shadow powers give him a limited form of teleportation so even if they tie up Moria he can easily escape... the only why they could force him to return the shadows is if they had seastone that they could use to tie up Moria; though if they had Seastone, then they would have tried giving it to one of the strawhats so that they could use it against Moria.
Yeah Odz is done finally and Moria is out cold....Still.
I am going to go on a limb here and say Moria gets back up pissed ready to beat som SH ***.
Old 2007-11-30, 23:11   Link #31
RonaldC

Zoro cuts Oz.

Spoiler:
They do a team attack.
Old 2007-12-01, 05:43   Link #32
Fyria

That was nice chapter, really fitting end to Oz.

I complained before that Strawhats rarely used team work on battles but this arc most certainly delivers it more than enough !

I can't wait to see these fights animated too
Old 2007-12-01, 13:26   Link #33
Phenomenal
Banned

Yeah I am glad Odz is down.
I just pray to God that Moria gets back up to fight!

I have a question?

DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW how to speak JAPANESE?

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2007-12-01 at 13:38.
Old 2007-12-01, 14:46   Link #34
Fyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Yeah I am glad Odz is down.
I just pray to God that Moria gets back up to fight!

I have a question?

DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW how to speak JAPANESE?
Use air coming from lungs with mouth and throat organs to make sound streams what forms as japanese speach.

Well I have learnd quite much from just watching much anime with subs. When you watch raw you can suprisingly start make sense about it.

And about Moria, don't know if I want to see anymore fighting. Can feel bit stretched and we already had large discussions about this and everything what we have seen on Thriller Bark shows that Moria was powerful.

I wan't to hear what happened about Ace,Blackbeard and few questions answered.
Old 2007-12-01, 15:03   Link #35
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
Use air coming from lungs with mouth and throat organs to make sound streams what forms as japanese speach.

Well I have learnd quite much from just watching much anime with subs. When you watch raw you can suprisingly start make sense about it.

And about Moria, don't know if I want to see anymore fighting. Can feel bit stretched and we already had large discussions about this and everything what we have seen on Thriller Bark shows that Moria was powerful.

I wan't to hear what happened about Ace,Blackbeard and few questions answered.

LOL, nice joke.

I meant if anyone knows how t oread japanese and would be able to translate?

Come on, Odz is the one who stretched out the fighting. Moria has yet to do anything.

Not too mention we still got Kuma running around but I doubt he will fight.
Old 2007-12-01, 18:12   Link #36
Monkey D. Luffy

The teamwork was nice but hopefuly that's the end of OZ even though he's cool it seems that, that should of been his last stand. Now Moria still seems pretty out of it so him getting back up or atleast to fight seems pretty improbable unless he has something else up his sleeve. Anyway cool chapter.
Old 2007-12-01, 21:14   Link #37
Nuzzles

Holy fucking shit. That could quite possibly be the best chapter in the entire series. Awesome to see 3000 Worlds again, funny that some of you were talking about it just last chapter. The finisher for Oz was just BRUTAL.
Old 2007-12-01, 22:56   Link #38
eLstar
(^_^)v

I have to agree with Fyria on this one because I really am tired of seeing this fight drag on. I admit it was great to finally see real teamwork in a shonen manga (aside from sports ones). However, I am far more interested in Shanks and Whitebeard. What in the world happen? I'm like dying to know.
Old 2007-12-01, 23:38   Link #39
tomandjerry

me too..i 'm also waiting the result between shanks and whitebeard. and about ace condtion..
Old 2007-12-02, 22:08   Link #40
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

this was earlier in the thread- moria is not dead factor- I believed moria to be a coward and all the whole entire time.

I mean, he's fat for one-lazy
He was just sitting around while all of his underlings do his work- lazy
He uses other people's shadows to do stuff for him.- lazy
He uses his own shadow to do stuff for him.- lazy
---

overall I've always though of moria being that lazy kid that gets all A's and thinks he's the shiz because of it. Like they say, those people don't last in college- well, moria just got schooled. (humor...)

I think he is truely beaten unless his park turns out to be a monster and at most one of the strawhats will die- (hell no, very unlikely, never gonna happen)
most likely a super duper huge shadow (morias?) will stretch from the ground and stand like a beast above the straw hats.

I would also like to bring to attention that Luffy NEVER LOSES in the whole entire manga i mean, no matter what the odds he always comes out on top.

its now gonna be a race against time to see who can get their shadows back which, of course, everyone will and happy days. Luffy will be asked to join the shikabuchai and decline saying he flys alone. blah blah blah
Closed Thread