AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online: Alicization - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 2 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 9.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 45.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 18.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-11-16, 21:43   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Sword Art Online: Alicization - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Sword Art Online: Alicization, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 13:48   Link #2
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Of course Kirito would be mentored by a pretty senpai lol.

Can't wait for him to trash on Volo next week.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 16:05   Link #3
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 7 Comments/Feeedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 16:53   Link #4
Frontier

The fact that the virtual world moves at a faster pace then the real world reminds me a lot of Accel World and how long someone could stay in Brain Burst. Kind of makes me wonder how long Kirito will be in there before he gets pulled out, and what kind of an effect that will have on his psyche (beyond, y'know, fixing his brain to begin with) .

An academy for swordsmen actually seems like it would be the perfect school for Kirito .

That purple dress and whip..does Lien-Senpai think she's Catwoman ?

Kirito's new sword looks pretty awesome. Reminded me of a shinier version of Elucidator. Now all he needs is another good sword he can dual-wield and then he'll be back in business .

I do also wonder what Kirito's endgoal seems to be in his adventuring with Eugeo. It seems like he's just learning the setting as he's going along, and that entails helping Eugeo on his quest to free Alice, but it doesn't seem like he's thinking of ways to try and get out .

Kirito's taken up gardening? I'm as surprised as the boy were. I'm sure Asuna would appreciate it though .

I guess it wouldn't be Kirito if he didn't tick off some elitist thugs...and the top warrior in his class .
Old 2018-11-17, 17:29   Link #5
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I do also wonder what Kirito's endgoal seems to be in his adventuring with Eugeo. It seems like he's just learning the setting as he's going along, and that entails helping Eugeo on his quest to free Alice, but it doesn't seem like he's thinking of ways to try and get out .
Well, if there is a way to get out or contact the real world, and there may not be, the center of power isn't a bad place to search. So getting into the Integrity Knights is a good idea.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 20:04   Link #6
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
That little bit about imagining yourself in your strongest form was interesting,
Spoiler for ordinal scale spoiler?:

Question though. At this point, does kirito have all his memories back? As in, he knows he's currently in Underworld, and knows times moves faster?
Old 2018-11-17, 20:40   Link #7
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Kirito's new sword looks pretty awesome. Reminded me of a shinier version of Elucidator. Now all he needs is another good sword he can dual-wield and then he'll be back in business .
I wonder how thats going to work. Dual wielding was always his ace in the hole but we don't have a gamey inventory in this world. I wonder if he'll just ultimately end up carrying two swords and let that be his namesake.

I'm also looking forward to finding out what was up with the distinct orange glow on his tree blade.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 00:09   Link #8
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Question though. At this point, does kirito have all his memories back? As in, he knows he's currently in Underworld, and knows times moves faster?
He never lost his memories of the real world or that he's in a virtual setting, which is why he was musing over the mechanics of the world in this episode.

He still doesn't remember his memories of when he, Eugeo, and Alice were kids though.
Old 2018-11-18, 03:59   Link #9
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
If you mean his real life memories, he never lost them. He just lied to Eugeo about having amnesia to get out of explaining how he came from nowhere.

But if you're talking about his memories of being a kid in this virtual world then I don't think so. Nor do I think he's shown to have made a connection to the experiments he had with Raft (though it would be nice if he had multiple theories at this point. He's had a whole year to mull it over).

As for the episode I thought it was good. After royally fucking up the real world side of the story they've gone back to the virtual world side and thus far there are still no fuck ups though I guess the fact that this show is taking the time to focus on Kirito becoming a Neo-level OP hacker is a cause for concern. Well at least he didn't start off that way. I feel like the episode could've gone more for a "cocky little brat" angle with Kirito rather than just a cool customer with a mischievous streak.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 04:01   Link #10
zeross87

he did lost his memories of xaxa's attack and him being nearly dead irl. he still thinks he is doing one of his normal test session.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 12:26   Link #11
Side-streetdog

Even I didn't read LN after school part
and barely remember most part after this, since last time I read it had been years
I still know Kirito would kick some asses in next episode
Old 2018-11-18, 20:29   Link #12
Applehell

For what was largely a typical anime magic academy episode is was a solid one. I was eye-rolling some of the parts like the asshole classmates, becasue we always need someone pick on main character for whatever reason in these settings.

Kirito surely is lucky he didn't have to pay for all that labour like everyone would no matter good the material was tho.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 21:35   Link #13
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

One thing that makes me wonder about Kirito's sword: since the rose sword can easily slice through the demon tree, and Kirito's blade is made from the demon tree, then does it mean that the rose sword can easily break his sword? Or did his sword power-up during the smithing?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 02:46   Link #14
zeross87

well the blacksmith said "the second i finished it the sword got way eavier". it mean the sword item level jumped up when finishing and so it's quality augmented.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 11:32   Link #15
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
One thing that makes me wonder about Kirito's sword: since the rose sword can easily slice through the demon tree, and Kirito's blade is made from the demon tree, then does it mean that the rose sword can easily break his sword? Or did his sword power-up during the smithing?
Just wait till u see Kirito goes Bankai
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote