AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-11-21, 16:58   Link #21
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Im actually not a fan of La Corda that much but the scans from the game are still pretty to look at So I made icons
Just ran across your thread and I really love these La Corda avatars! I just watched the anime, and I was bummed to see that not many ppl seem to have any work done on it (except for the Crescendo website), so I was really excited to see yours. It would be especially cool if you could do icons on all the characters w/ the instruments (Shimizu w/ his cello, Hihari w/ his trumpet, Kaho w/ her violin, Kuchiura (sp?) w/ the piano). I can see your improvement over time by looking at all the icons you've done: keep up the good work!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 17:16   Link #22
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
LOL I remeber this anime. The twins were so funny in Ouran:

Anyway ,I wouldn't save these on gifs because sometimes they give bad quality to the image. Anyway, your graphics are really cool.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 03:16   Link #23
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Nice avatars.....Manju.....
I liked these one's....

You know I love Tamki Too....
Old 2007-11-26, 15:19   Link #24
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher187 View Post
Yes! A Hellsing avy! *adds to collection*

You're really improving from the first post. The "this is my weakness" animated avys were pretty good too, even though the text appeared to be a little grainy...

Well, keep up the good work!
I love that icon since her expression is hilarious. I did the "this is my weakness" ones when I was still experimenting with stroke on text, now that Im a bit better, I agree that it doesnt look all that great. Thank you for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Just ran across your thread and I really love these La Corda avatars! I just watched the anime, and I was bummed to see that not many ppl seem to have any work done on it (except for the Crescendo website), so I was really excited to see yours. It would be especially cool if you could do icons on all the characters w/ the instruments (Shimizu w/ his cello, Hihari w/ his trumpet, Kaho w/ her violin, Kuchiura (sp?) w/ the piano). I can see your improvement over time by looking at all the icons you've done: keep up the good work!
Thanks
Well if I decide to do Corda icons again, Ill try to find scans of them with their instruments. I got all of those from a friend of mine and theyre all from the game. But Ill keep an eye out for intrument ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
Anyway ,I wouldn't save these on gifs because sometimes they give bad quality to the image. Anyway, your graphics are really cool.
I know, though I havent really figured out how to save them as .jpg if adobe tries to auto save it as a .gif Im still learning adobe but thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post

You know I love Tamki Too....
Thanks, I adore him and its always fun to make icons of something that hot, also can be said for Lulu and Fai

Ok small update since I haven done many icons lately...

My new fav anime to make icons of is Nougami Neuro, his expressions are just too funny

And of course more Mononoke...shame this series was only 12 epis

The 5th one and my current avy are the same, I just added text to my avy and lightened it a bit

Lack of subs has left me in despair so I made icons!

and one friends-only banner for livejournal

Ok next time...more Neuro, Ghost Hunt (surprised arent you ) and Zombie-Loan.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 14:41   Link #25
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Dear god I made a sig! Not the best but this was only 3rd attempt at actually cropping a scan or something similar. Magic wand is a god send! Along with blur Btw Im well aware of the green blurb next to Mai...

I like Mai's side better then Naru's, she cropped better for some reason. I made a few CLANNAD ones, Ill post those later.

On a related note, this is the first sig I ever made and used myself since I prefer icons its odd to actually see something I made underneath my post.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-12-08, 16:52   Link #26
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
Nice siggy but it will look better if the renders blend in with the background a little bit. They look kinda weird. Good job on it though.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 21:47   Link #27
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
Nice siggy but it will look better if the renders blend in with the background a little bit. They look kinda weird. Good job on it though.
Yeah I know, as stated Im not a sig maker by any means. I normally use blur to try to blend the edges but then if you do it too much it looks well blurry Im learning slowly on how to blend renders better (if anyone has any tips please let me know). There was alot in this scan I had to cut out as well so the cropping was harder then expected (if I didnt have the philosophy of always having a Ghost Hunt sig I would have done something easier )

Couple of very very simple CLANNAD sigs.

- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-12-09, 23:20   Link #28
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
haha nice work on ur Recent tries at sigs Manju =3

Good job on the cropping areas. U have an eye to crop in the right places ^^

as for the christmas siggy, if u know how to use the cloning stamp tool then u could have gotten rid of the that little green blurb from the source.

IF u don't know?
(click on clone stamp tool, then alt+click on the area in which u wish to use the colors that are similar which would be the red on her outfit as a base. then using a good brush size click on the area with the text and slowly get rid of the text. ^__^ )

btw love the Avies u make WMB

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 12:11   Link #29
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
haha nice work on ur Recent tries at sigs Manju =3

Good job on the cropping areas. U have an eye to crop in the right places ^^

as for the christmas siggy, if u know how to use the cloning stamp tool then u could have gotten rid of the that little green blurb from the source.

IF u don't know?
(click on clone stamp tool, then alt+click on the area in which u wish to use the colors that are similar which would be the red on her outfit as a base. then using a good brush size click on the area with the text and slowly get rid of the text. ^__^ )

btw love the Avies u make WMB
Thanks glad you like my icons , I try to crop as well as possible since I havent really figured out how to cut yet XD Crop is one of the things I like doing. And thanks for the tut on cloning! I asked about it also in the avy/sig tut thread as well since I really need to learn how to clone

Another attemp at a sig. Actually made this one before the Ghost Hunt one. This was my first attempt at coloring a background and using the brush effect

Bigger vers

This is the orginal stock so it looks a bit different
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...sm_muffler.jpg
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-01-02, 14:38   Link #30
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

sigh...bumping...
Current sig Im using. Nothing special just mostly cropping and changing the rotation. A little bit of blur just to smooth the edges. My fav part is the text though

I still havent tried the clone stamp tool yet since I havent made anything that requires it yet

Two more simple CLANNAD sigs. I like the artwork CLANNAD puts out there so making sigs and icons is really nice since the stock is already very cool.

- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-01-02, 14:43   Link #31
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

This Very Cute Sig ....I liked The Text..
I Know It Late But HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old 2008-02-25, 20:52   Link #32
cool_girl

nice works, esp with Ouran, GH.
I was looking for some Naru avis... but couldn't find really nice ones... ur ones are really good. Oh yeah... do you any other icons of Naru's childhood pic (remember?)...
Btw, loved Tsukimori's icon... and all the 'weakness' ones too... XD
cool_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 20:57   Link #33
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I liked all your stuff, especially the Mononoke signatures, but I loved this Kazuma icon the best. Fits his personality all to well, lmao. Good job overall, but I do think some of your works could use slightly thicker borders. But that's just a noob's opinion.

Edit:
Quote:
I failed to comment on this one before. My bad. I really like it for the overall quality, but it seems stretched out to me. Horizontally. I don't mean to rag on you, but you should try to maintain the aspect ratio when making your layers, or images could seem a bit.... awkward? In any case, a good sig, but my eyes can't get over the stretched out foreground image. >_>

Last edited by Spectacular_Insanity; 2008-02-25 at 21:34.
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 21:03   Link #34
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

@The Chaos: Thanks glad you like it, I liked that one the most of the CLANNAD ones I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_girl View Post
nice works, esp with Ouran, GH.
I was looking for some Naru avis... but couldn't find really nice ones... ur ones are really good. Oh yeah... do you any other icons of Naru's childhood pic (remember?)...
Btw, loved Tsukimori's icon... and all the 'weakness' ones too... XD
Why thank you

No I dont have any more of little Naru at the moment cuz that pic was very hard to get the color well on it since its so bright. I may try redoing a bit later since Ive tweaked my style a bit lately.

Edit:
@SI: Mononoke is so fun to iconize I really liked that Kazuma one as well, it does totally fit him. Im not a huge fan of borders alot of times I forget them But I might try tweaking that as well.

Ok small update, bigger one coming soon. All these are based off the Baccano! playing cards

- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-02-25, 21:38   Link #35
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Wow! I really like those Baccano! avatars. I didn't know there was Baccano playing cards. In any case, what I like about them is that they all show off a bit of the characters' personalities pretty well (especially considering they are static avies). They are simple, but well executed. Nice job. (I would save them, but my computer and portable disc drive are suffering enough as it is, so I won't, lol. )
Old 2008-02-26, 18:01   Link #36
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Wow! I really like those Baccano! avatars. I didn't know there was Baccano playing cards. In any case, what I like about them is that they all show off a bit of the characters' personalities pretty well (especially considering they are static avies). They are simple, but well executed. Nice job. (I would save them, but my computer and portable disc drive are suffering enough as it is, so I won't, lol. )
Thanks, yeah I like them alot. Someone (I forget who) posted links to the playing card images in the Baccano! thread here.

As for your comment on the Nagisa sig, I actually didnt stretch it at all since the org pic was huge to begin with, I cropped it but always maintained the size, since I just cropped around her face. So Im not sure why it appears stretched to you since I didnt reset the width at all. Hmmmm Maybe the image I used was altered in some way.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-03-07, 12:04   Link #37
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

bumping slightly but update as well!

More Neuro

I changed my style a bit btwn the first few Neuro icons and the last 3 so thats why they look different.

Im about half way through TTGL (well Im so the time skip) but I HAD to iconize this series. Also used My Chem's Welcome to the Black Parade lyrics since that amv is too awesome and the words fit. Oh and a line from The Killers made its way in as well.

Shigofumi, my latest obsession Only a few icons so far since Im in the middle of capping more of the series. (Yes Pelli Im aware non of them have borders...-_- actually I dont think any in this post do )

Next update will probably be the rest of TTGL post time-skip and more Shigo, god willing. Comments are love and appreciated.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-03-07, 12:20   Link #38
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:

More Neuro

I changed my style a bit btwn the first few Neuro icons and the last 3 so thats why they look different.
Oh I Like These Neuro Icon..Look Really Good..^^
Cookies For You*
Old 2008-03-28, 21:04   Link #39
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

@Chaos: thanks glad you liked them

Ok small update, actually getting a bit better on my cropping, made this banner for a friend, made the bg first, just something simple since I wanted Dino to be the main focus Dino was a pain to erase around, epsc his hair since I havent tried extracting with PS yet.

this is the org pic

Im midly obsessed (ok really obsessed) with Hibari from KHR, I havent made alot of KHR icons yet but I did make this one which I like, I used "curves" in PS to change the color a bit to make it bluer since its wintery to begin with.

org image

Any comments are welcome of course ^^ Id like to know if Im improving at all from my earlier posts.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-03, 20:29   Link #40
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
Quote:

More Neuro

Oh my, I love your Neuro icons. He is such a funny character.

Tags