Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-02, 17:58   Link #141
CoreyPmc1
BlackDeath Anonymous

Send a message via AIM to CoreyPmc1
I think y'all are not giving Usopp enough credit. Just because he acts like a coward all the time doesn't mean that he's weaker than Chopper and Nami. He might actually be able to take Chopper if he was to stay away from him (not counting Chopper's last stage), don't forget he is one hell of a sniper.

As far as Nami is concerned, are y'all forgetting that he made her weapon! I think that ends that assumption automatically.
Old 2008-08-03, 14:21   Link #142
Rainbowman

Bounties of the 11 Supernovas

As far as we know there are 11 Supernovas and the reason why they are called Supernovas is that each of them have a bounty over 100 million. They are:

Monkey D. Luffy: 300,000,000
Roronoa Zoro: 120,000,000
Capone Bege: 138,000,000
Jewlery Bonney: 140,000,000
Basil Hawkins: 249,000,000
Eustass Kid: 315,000,000
Scratchmen Apoo: 198,000,000
Urogue: 108,000,000
Killer: 162,000,000
X Drake: 222,000,000
Trafalgar Law: 200,000,000

So what I ask is: Is there a chance that there can be a 12th Supernova?
The reason I asked is that 12 happens to be one of my lucky numbers.
Old 2008-08-03, 21:06   Link #143
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual247 View Post
cactus island? is that what 4crap named the place?

anyway, from what smoker explained when zoro's bounty was first shown, it was due to the fact that he defeated the 100 or so BW bounty hunters at "cactus island" AND the fact that he beat Mr 1, who was a well-known assassin in west blue. that's why he said the number suits zoro and luffy.
Actually, from what I recall 4kids dubbed it Misty Peak. And another thing, according to onepiece.wikia.com Whiskey Peak/Misty Peak is within Cactus Island.
Old 2008-08-07, 21:29   Link #144
The_Three_Kings

First of all, bounties reflect threat level not power level. Consider Buggy and Luffy. Buggy has a 15 million bounty, Luffy has a 300 mil beil! There is no way Buggy can win! But Buggy did prove to be a tough opponent for Luffy and consider that 120 mil Zoro cannot even attack Buggy!

Luffy's 300,000,000 beli worked it way up from a 30,000,000. It began when he beat the crap out of the East Blue Pirates, it rose again when defeated Crocodile and it shot all the way up to 300,000,000 after defeating Lucci. So Luffy's bounty increased x100 since the beginning.

Zoro's 120,000,000 increased from 60,000,000. He got a 60,000,000 because he defeated the 100 bounty hunters, it has nothing to do with Mr.1! The government already had a brief idea of Zoro's threat level when he was a bounty hunter.

Nami's 16,000,000 is just sad after defeating Kalifa. But the marines didnt know she defeated so a CP9 so I guess her bounty comes from fighting the marines while waiting for Luffy while he was fight Lucci.

Usopp/Sogeking has a 30,000,000 from being able to snipe marines from afar and from burning down the World Government Flag. I have absolutely no idea how he has a bounty higher than Nami's.

Sanji has 77,000,000 and its kinda obvious why. I think he should have gotten higher though.

Chopper has a 50 beli one cuz they think he is a pet. He couldnt move after defeating CP9( yes seiji- kun he defeated his own opponent) so the marines think hes useless.

Robin got a 1,000,000 beli increase after breaking Spandam's spine.

Franky got a 44,000,000 because he took out alot of marines. He shouldnt have too high a bounty, remember he had a little trouble with Fukurou even with his 3 colas.

Brook has 33,000,000 but that before his current life so it is unknown if it still applies.

Last edited by The_Three_Kings; 2008-08-08 at 13:10.
Old 2008-08-07, 22:03   Link #145
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
First of all, bounties reflect threat level not power level. Consider Buggy and Luffy. Buggy has a 15 million bounty, Luffy has a 300 mil beil! There is no way Buggy can win! But Buggy did prove to be a tough opponent for Luffy and consider that 120 mil Zoro cannot even attack Buggy!

Luffy's 300,000,000 beli worked it way up from a 30,000,000. It began when he beat the crap out of the East Blue Pirates, it rose again when defeated Crocodile and it shot all the way up to 300,000,000. So Luffy's bounty increased x100 since the beginning.

Zoro's 120,000,000 increased from 60,000,000. He got a 60,000,000 because he defeated the 100 bounty hunters, it has nothing to do with Mr.1! The government already had a brief idea of Zoro's threat level when he was a bounty hunter.

Nami's 16,000,000 is just sad after defeating Kalifa. But the marines didnt know she defeated so a CP9 so I guess her bounty comes from fighting the marines while waiting for Luffy while he was fighting Lucci.

Usopp/Sogeking has a 30,000,000 from being able to snipe marines from afar and from burning down the World Government Flag. I have absolutely no idea how he has a bounty higher than Nami's.

Sanji has 77,000,000 and its kinda obvious why. I think he should have gotten higher though.

Chopper has a 50 beli one cuz they think he is a pet. He couldnt move after defeating CP9 (yes seiji- kun he defeated his own opponent) so the marines think he's useless.

Robin got a 1,000,000 beli increase after breaking Spandam's spine.

Franky got a 44,000,000 because he took out alot of marines. He shouldnt have too high a bounty, remember he had a little trouble with Fukurou even with his 3 colas.

Brook has 33,000,000 but that's before his current life so it is unknown if it still applies.
I hate to tell you this, but the info on the bounties of certain Strawhats is a bit off. Here's some REAL info from onepiece.wikia.com on those bounties:

Luffy's bounties:

First Bounty: At the end of the Arlong Park Arc, after Luffy defeated Arlong, the Straw Hats beat up the corrupt Marine captain Nezumi so he would return Nami's treasure. Nezumi, wanting revenge against Luffy, personally ensured a bounty of 30,000,000 Belli for him, giving him the highest bounty in East Blue. The Marines themselves were also annoyed deeply at the time because Luffy proved their units were meaningless because he resolve the problems in the East Blue himself.

Second Bounty: After defeating Sir Crocodile and his organization Baroque Works, Luffy's bounty was raised to 100,000,000 Belli.

Third Bounty: After the events at Enies Lobby, Luffy's bounty was raised to 300,000,000 belli.

With Zoro's bounties:

First Bounty: The swordsman of the Straw Hat Crew, he received a 60,000,000 Belli bounty after he defeated the assassin Das Bones (Mr. 1) in the Alabasta Arc and for killing the hunters in Whiskey Peak.

Second Bounty: After the events at Enies Lobby, Zoro's bounty was raised to 120,000,000 belli.

With Robin's bounties:

First Bounty: Nico Robin has a 79,000,000 Belli bounty from 20 years ago, assigned to her when she was only eight years old. It is claimed that she sunk 6 ships, but in the Enies Lobby arc it is revealed as nothing more than a lie from the government. The real reason behind her bounty is her ability to read Poneglyphs.

Second Bounty: After the events at Enies Lobby, Robin's bounty had a slight increase, making it 80,000,000 belli, the increase is basically just an excuse to issue a new picture of her as her old bounty is Robin at the age of eight.

Here's some additional info when Sanji got his bounty:

Because of the events at Enies Lobby, Sanji was given a bounty. However, Sanji's poster has a sketch of him, rather than a photograph. According to the manga, this is because the photographer forgot to remove the lens cap before taking his picture. This accidentally becomes a blemish for Duval, who was forced to go undercover in an iron mask in order to hide his similar-looking appearance and not be confused with the man with the real bounty.

Here is important info on how Franky got his bounty:

For burning the Pluton blueprints, defeating a CP9 agent, and assisting the Straw Hats in Enies Lobby, Franky received a bounty.
Old 2008-08-07, 22:57   Link #146
The_Three_Kings

None of the Marines saw the StrawHats defeat CP9. They could not take cp9 in for question because they had already escaped to Saint Poplar. (if you watched the title chapters)

If Zoro had recieved his bounty from Mr.1 then why didnt Nami get a bounty for defeating Miss.Doublefinger? Plus i dont think they time to question Mr.1 when hes bleeding like hell. I doubt it is because that Mr.1 was a famous assassin because ALL of the Baroque Works agents were assassins and after capturing them they also learned more about them. So if they question Miss.Doublefinger then Nami should have had a bounty. ( yes they all got captured during the title pages)

So I think YOU have your information fixed up. O and about Luffy's bounty, the marine captains were shown having a meeting about him pointing out that he had defeated most of the East Blue Pirates. Yes, Nezumi wanted Luffy "dead or alive" but it up to the marines to decide his bounty.
Old 2008-08-08, 13:49   Link #147
Rainbowman

Quote:
None of the Marines saw the StrawHats defeat CP9. They could not take cp9 in for question because they had already escaped to Saint Poplar. (if you watched the title chapters)

If Zoro had recieved his bounty from Mr.1 then why didnt Nami get a bounty for defeating Miss.Doublefinger? Plus i dont think they time to question Mr.1 when hes bleeding like hell. I doubt it is because that Mr.1 was a famous assassin because ALL of the Baroque Works agents were assassins and after capturing them they also learned more about them. So if they question Miss.Doublefinger then Nami should have had a bounty. (yes they all got captured during the title pages)

So I think YOU have your information fixed up. O and about Luffy's bounty, the marine captains were shown having a meeting about him pointing out that he had defeated most of the East Blue Pirates. Yes, Nezumi wanted Luffy "dead or alive" but it up to the marines to decide his bounty.
Sure onepiece.wikia.com is not "always" right but it's NEVER wrong. And the reason why I had to correct you on Luffy's bounties is that you forgot to consider the events at Eines Lobby. How else did you think his bounty reached 300,000,000? Never thought of that did you?
Old 2008-08-08, 14:37   Link #148
The_Three_Kings

Yes I did,

Quote:
ffy's 300,000,000 beli worked it way up from a 30,000,000. It began when he beat the crap out of the East Blue Pirates, it rose again when defeated Crocodile and it shot all the way up to 300,000,000 after defeating Lucci. So Luffy's bounty increased x100 since the beginning.
Old 2008-08-08, 18:37   Link #149
The_Three_Kings

O i see what u mean. nvm sry, i just forgot it in my post.
Old 2008-08-09, 23:50   Link #150
Scion

The Strawhats bounties seem a bit low though

Luffy being the captain and having a high bounty should be about 300 million at this point in the story

Zoro and Sanji should both be in the 200 millions though

Robin, Franky should be in the 100 millions

Usopp, Chopper, Nami should be between 50 million-100 million

As for Brook, I"m not really sure his old bounty still applies, and haven't seen him in battle enough to determine his actual strength and threat level
Old 2008-08-10, 00:07   Link #151
The_Three_Kings

Brook's around Robin's and Franky strength. Not much stronger than Chopper and Nami but still clearly stronger than them.
Old 2008-08-10, 15:09   Link #152
Wisshard
Ser Fisherman

Bounties is decided over what threat level the pirates is judged to have by the World Goverment and the Marines, by acts in the past - not by how strong you are. You can be the strongest pirate in the world with the strongest crew but if you haven't done any "evil" acts you wont have a bounty, as seen with Marshall D. Teach who has never had a bounty.
Old 2008-08-11, 11:42   Link #153
The_Three_Kings

Blackbeard did do "evil" acts. I think raiding and destroying Drum Island counts. And actually you can be the strongest pirate in the world that hasnt done anything "evil" yet and still have a enormous bounty. If you were the strongest, Im pretty sure the government would place a bounty on ur head, just for being the strongest. Like you said, it is "threat" level, if you were the strongest pirate in the grand line then Im sure you would pose a threat to the world government. I guess it can be counted on how "well" a pirate is known throughout the seas.
Old 2008-08-11, 19:33   Link #154
Wisshard
Ser Fisherman

Quote:
f you were the strongest, Im pretty sure the government would place a bounty on ur head, just for being the strongest.
I meant more that you are the strongest but no one knows who you are so the marines wouldn't place a bounty on you because they don't know of you. As shown with Blackbeard at the meeting where they discussed replacement for Crocodile, he is (probably) one of the strongest pirates in One Piece, yet he didn't have any bounty because the Marines and World Goverment didn't know of him.
And yeah, Blackbeard did some pirate acts, but I don't think it was known by the marines who it was that did them.
Closed Thread