Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-13, 20:35   Link #161
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
One of the perks of choosing the old brick and mortar store over an Online counterpart.

Slower pace too and less epic.

It's a special attack where you make use of a rare and expensive item.
Damn...I got discount of PlayAsia so Iam stuck with them.

Slower pace probably because of the effects, but that didn't stop me liking No More Heroes.

Oh you need to buy stuff here too? Dang I though it was a level up learning.
Old 2012-06-13, 22:38   Link #162
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I hope its just Bayonetta's gameplay tho haha. Bayo's story was ... meh .. and a hard Meh too.
Old 2012-06-13, 22:51   Link #163
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Played till probably after the 2nd boss, gotta say.... I'm lving it. Though, since it's Suda.... shouldn't have doubted it~

Probably my favourite part of the game so far is listening to the dialogue between Juliet and Nick. The gameplay is pretty meh, but as a zombie-phile, I can dig it. The atmosphere and story are also a large part of why I love it. And dammit, I knew that "Lollipop" would be stuck in my head after visiting the first shop~
Old 2012-06-14, 01:54   Link #164
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Played till probably after the 2nd boss, gotta say.... I'm lving it. Though, since it's Suda.... shouldn't have doubted it~
Possible to confirm that you can access the Japanese contents just by switching your console system language ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 02:38   Link #165
Southern Cross
Crux

Beat the game in one sitting -- I'm not usually into these types of games but Suda51 made it a great ride for me!

Oh and if anyone is wondering about certain costumes,
Spoiler for ALL the anime costumes (Haruna from Kore wa Zombie Desu, all the High School of the Dead costumes, etc.):

The one bummer I couldn't figure out why they did it or how to get around it was how to the lack of a Japanese language option. I really wanted to hear Eri Kitamura!
Southern Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 03:41   Link #166
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Possible to confirm that you can access the Japanese contents just by switching your console system language ?

if i'm not mistake, yes..i read it that you can do it, if you switch the console to Japanese language..but i can't confirm, my copy hasn't arrived
Old 2012-06-14, 04:01   Link #167
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Switched over to Japanese System settings, but it didn't change the audio to JP.... so I guess not.
Old 2012-06-14, 04:24   Link #168
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
if i'm not mistake, yes..i read it that you can do it, if you switch the console to Japanese language..but i can't confirm, my copy hasn't arrived
For the x-box 360, that tactic DOES NOT WORK.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 04:29   Link #169
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Switched over to Japanese System settings, but it didn't change the audio to JP.... so I guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
For the x-box 360, that tactic DOES NOT WORK.

Yes..seems like this, seems that is the Japanese Version that is able to switch the voice Japanese-English...

When i get the game..i look for the problem if i can do something for the 360 version..
Old 2012-06-14, 09:50   Link #170
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
You should have an extra option for "Voice" in the main menu :-

If not, perhaps this is a PS3 only thing.

And just to clarify once more; if anyone want to listen in to the Japanese VAs, you are forced to play the game entirely in Japanese. There's no option to display any English subtitles whatsoever. Thus it will help to complete the game once in English.
Old 2012-06-14, 14:42   Link #171
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:

-clip-

And just to clarify once more; if anyone want to listen in to the Japanese VAs, you are forced to play the game entirely in Japanese. There's no option to display any English subtitles whatsoever. Thus it will help to complete the game once in English.

Well, I DO own it for PS3, so I'll have to take a look next time I play. I'll let you know~
Old 2012-06-14, 20:28   Link #172
DingoEnderZOE2

Personally I am quite curious of the Japanese dialogue for the Japanese version. Some of the dialogue especially the slang in the English version just does NOT sound like it would translate very well in Japanese at all example "What the dick?"

Moments like this is what makes owning both English and Japanese version of games worth while, and it's especially fun to compare the dialogue between the two and take notes on translations.
Old 2012-06-14, 21:05   Link #173
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Personally I am quite curious of the Japanese dialogue for the Japanese version. Some of the dialogue especially the slang in the English version just does NOT sound like it would translate very well in Japanese at all example "What the dick?"

Moments like this is what makes owning both English and Japanese version of games worth while, and it's especially fun to compare the dialogue between the two and take notes on translations.
One of the things I've noticed is the difference in the pop culture references. The English version had cite Youtube and Facebook, but the Japanese said something generic like "I'll upload this video to the Net" and "Must be sombody I know from somewhere." Perhaps those 2 arn't that big with the Japanese.

In oppose, there's a reference to the manga Fist Of The North Star with the quote "You are already dead" in the Japanese, but the English translation had something generic which I can't recall at the moment.
Old 2012-06-14, 21:29   Link #174
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
In oppose, there's a reference to the manga Fist Of The North Star with the quote "You are already dead" in the Japanese, but the English translation had something generic which I can't recall at the moment.
She did the reference to predator 1 with the whole "If it bleeds, I can kill it." BUT she does also do the whole Fist of the North Star "You're already dead" reference in the English version, it was the first one I heard before I decided to retry the stage in Ranking mode.
Old 2012-06-14, 22:48   Link #175
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Soooo, tried it out again, even switched the system stuff, restarted the console, and tried again...

Doesn't look like there's a JP audio option for the NA ones.... or atleast for some of the copies.
Old 2012-06-15, 10:57   Link #176
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
She did the reference to predator 1 with the whole "If it bleeds, I can kill it." BUT she does also do the whole Fist of the North Star "You're already dead" reference in the English version, it was the first one I heard before I decided to retry the stage in Ranking mode.
Had she ? I will do a check later.

In regards to you queries about the slang translation, they had "Emo" as "huge reaction" in Japanese. Although I would prefer them to use "Chuunibyou" (中二病).

Quote:
Soooo, tried it out again, even switched the system stuff, restarted the console, and tried again...

Doesn't look like there's a JP audio option for the NA ones.... or atleast for some of the copies.
Sorry to hear about that. Looks like my assumption was wrong and the Asian Copy got the special treatment.
Old 2012-06-15, 17:44   Link #177
Ryuudou

Are people really buying this?
Ryuudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 19:36   Link #178
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuudou View Post
Any reason why I should not ? I expect something crude, irrelevant, downright nonsensical and might even be offensive and this is what I got.

You don't think a Zombie title and expect a genre changer today. At least, not after L4D.

Oh, and the Premium Edition codes unlocks other costumes as well on top of what they had advertised, even the western and console exclusives. But I expect this is just something that will be offered everntually to everyone in the end.
Old 2012-06-16, 00:02   Link #179
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuudou View Post

I'm not sure why they wouldn't.

50% of people who bought it got it because they're Suda51 fans (No More Heroes, Killer 7, Shadows of the Damned). The other 50% however.... bought it for the whole "cheerleader/chainsaw/zombies" thing....

Either way, this game was guaranteed to sell somewhat~
Old 2012-06-16, 01:19   Link #180
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

do you really have to change the system language to Japanese to get this option on the game?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grasshopper manufacture, juliet, lollipop chainsaw, nick, suda51