dmaxzero

Aw snap.
Hope he changes his mind at some point.

Thanks for the spoiler.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 15:40   Link #142
Valky
Radioactive

What .. I thought there's new chapter ..

Where did the author go anyway?

^Well, he probably would do it again if it's another 1 vs army. If it's not, yeah he probably won't.
Old 2017-07-15, 09:13   Link #143
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
What .. I thought there's new chapter ..

Where did the author go anyway?

^Well, he probably would do it again if it's another 1 vs army. If it's not, yeah he probably won't.
New raw finally out
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 14:12   Link #144
Valky
Radioactive

Aw yeah! About time I guess. Kinda hoping for fast update due to the LN already catching up to the WN, but it probably won't happen. sigh.
Old 2017-07-24, 10:20   Link #145
VooXoo

Damn, I hope Arc changes idea, he never used one of his ultimates in 5 volumes and when he finally does it makes him decide to seal all of them? C'mon author, you can't tease us so much.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 10:50   Link #146
Breimn

New raw vol finishes with tomorrow s ch.
As of today
Spoiler for raw:
Old 2017-08-24, 11:07   Link #147
sasuke706

Yeah, Arc has a ways to go.
Spoiler for :

That said, this isn't a series you read to see the protagonist be super strong and go dynasty warriors on everything.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 11:30   Link #148
Breimn

he should be training his holy magic more too. If he manages to turn him into a human for even just a sec the pope should have same experience as Arc when he turned into an elf from skeleton.It should be even way worse considering the long time that passed and all the stuff he did.
Hitting a caster (and a necromancer with thousands of meat shields to boost)who can teleport himself with his sword is going to be hard.
Old 2017-08-24, 12:15   Link #149
Namorax

His character comes from an MMO, right?
I really doubt an MMO has a spell or feature to identify what kind of enemy you face... their names are floating above their heads after all.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 12:34   Link #150
sasuke706

^I explained my thinking right after that.
World of Warcraft has tracking abilities, I.E. Track Undead or Paladins could Sense Undead, which shows undead on your minimap.
Naturally no longer being an MMO he has no minimap, but it has shown some of his spells have conformed to the world to work in more realistic manners anyway.

Arc is a dark elf but has basically no elf abilities. Like elves (and the purple dark elves) can tell undead at a glance and could walk through that forest from early on that only elves could navigate through. Although it mentioned that the purple dark elves inherit these traits less strongly than normal elves, with Arc inheriting them even less than them if at all.
Arc, for all its worth, may as well just a dark-skinned human with long ears. Well, I suppose Ponta taking a liking to him -might- be an elf trait, but that's about it. It hasn't really gone into game terms about what his version of dark elves are supposed to be able to do, either. You know, how races in MMOs usually aren't just cosmetic and actually do something, albeit very minor.
So it's not about identifying any enemy he sees, but something a paladin who's supposed to specialize in slaying undead should probably have. More than possible his MMO just didn't have it, but it's not like no MMO has stuff like it.
As we know from the first Hanzou (and the necromancer, really), you don't necessarily have to follow the game rules either; they can do their own shit, if they want to.

Although I suppose the main point was that he has a very small ability list for being from an MMO.
He has like 4 paladin related spells (decurse, heal, resurrect, sword of judgement)
2-3 summoner attack spells (lightning, earth, basic crap)
1 knight (maybe also paladin) skill (Wyvern slash, a ranged slash)
2 player skills (dimension move and gate)
And a random number of summons, which seems to be his biggest repertoire. He said he can't actually remember the chant for a good deal of them, too.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2017-08-24 at 12:44.
Old 2017-08-24, 18:43   Link #151
Spica

From what I remember, Dragon Kings in this series aren't really Dragons but spiritual beings. Fighting them is probably a lost cause unless you can harm them beyond their physical form.

^As for the small ability list, I actually think Arc just don't remember the skills. In his game players could only use two classes at once, supposedly Arc was using Heaven Knight/Pope. As usual unlocking classes involved mastering or having a few levels in some. So when Arc came over he got all the skills from his previous classes since changing careers didn't make him forgot them. Unfortunately for him there was no helpful UI to list all those skills.

Last edited by Spica; 2017-08-24 at 19:07.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 19:26   Link #152
Show1983
RAW manga/LN provider?

Anyone that wants vol 7 illustrations, pm me
Show1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 20:04   Link #153
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
From what I remember, Dragon Kings in this series aren't really Dragons but spiritual beings. Fighting them is probably a lost cause unless you can harm them beyond their physical form.

^As for the small ability list, I actually think Arc just don't remember the skills. In his game players could only use two classes at once, supposedly Arc was using Heaven Knight/Pope. As usual unlocking classes involved mastering or having a few levels in some. So when Arc came over he got all the skills from his previous classes since changing careers didn't make him forgot them. Unfortunately for him there was no helpful UI to list all those skills.
Yeah, they're spirits that have bodies that they can freely change, compared to Ponta which is a spirit that's fused with a body.
I'm actually half-expecting it to be a thing where she really was hurt, but was trying to bluff it off using her ability to somewhat freely change her body. Although this is mostly because she took Arc's full-power attack (that he's never done before) head-on, which was a highly magical attack of a legendary sword that hurt even the other dragon king at less power and called it 'that degree of attack' or something. Plus she pulled a feint when before she was extremely straightforward with her fighting style, and said herself that she isn't immortal.
Of course it's more than possible it really didn't hurt her. I just like keeping my options open. Although in that case, he could likely summon one his summons to deal damage to her, since I imagine spirits can deal damage with spirits, and the male dragon king calls his summons lumps of spirit power and wondered if they were one of the spirit kings, at what Arc called a medium-level summon that he was simply using to buy time at that.

I don't think Arc is THAT forgetful; he's a nerd who's gone as far as to memorize the chants of some summons. Sure he doesn't remember some of them, but that's understandable.
He may have forgotten a few skills he never uses, but there's no way someone like him would forget all the useful ones.
Like I haven't played WoW in like 8 years and still remember a lot of my spells including the useless ones, and my memory is terrible. Plus a lot of his skills don't require any sort of verbal activation, which has been remarked to be unusual (like how Arianne is always chanting for her magics).
Old 2017-08-24, 22:38   Link #154
dmaxzero

Well. Arc as a character is not very smart in my opinion. Is like a dumb kid sometimes, he can get in my nerves. But I think this is one the better stories about summoned OP characters from games or another world. Also the secondary characters are interesting in their own right.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 23:03   Link #155
sasuke706

Oh, Arc definitely isn't smart. He makes for a pretty good conversationalist, though.
Arianne and Chiyome basically left all the human negotiating to him and all, which he did good at.
It's just he can be pretty careless frequently and sometimes has trouble paying attention. Like on his way to the super important elf meeting, he got distracted...twice.
Arianne actually isn't all that smart either, though. She has more common sense, but has a short fuse and sometimes doesn't quite get the point. Like how she was basically the only person who didn't realize that all the people killed by the undead will also become undead, making the problem worse the longer it's left alone. Whereas even Arc seemed to understand that before her.

On an unrelated note, I liked how the author introduced Arianne's sister to Arc, but all she did was glare at Arc and later play with Ponta, never actually saying anything.
Old 2017-08-25, 00:18   Link #156
Spica

^^^ It's more than freely changing their body, the Dragon kings created their current body. So I just assumed attacking their current form would be useless as they didn't even need it from the beginning. What I meant was some of Arc's and summons' attacks no matter their nature were still attacks aiming for the physical body thus not truly effective in the end. Of course there could be some limits to them, like the body being destroyed still hurt them horribly or recreating it again took a lot of time and efforts or something else entirely different. Taking a physical form and walking the mortal world ought to have some effects on them at least. Also the summons aren't really the same ones Arc sees in the game right? I think they are now without lv restrictions and beings what the favor text describe.

Arc didn't have to be forgetful, he simply didn't have to spend much time with those middle and low tier classes. Because I certainly wouldn't remember the skills if all I did was just level them so I could get certain classes.

As for Arc, I find him quite refreshing. I like that he really is a normal dude at his core. The world building of wn is surprisingly nice too, I never expect to see canadian elves! Speaking of elves, what is Evangeline's class? Was it mention somewhere? Was she a druid, the sort who rose trees with magic?

Last edited by Spica; 2017-08-25 at 00:58.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 05:45   Link #157
sasuke706

We don't actually know much about Evangeline, I think?
Looking into it, she had the same lacking-elf traits as Arc does (can't navigate mana well, can hardly see spirits, etc).
She apparently made a tool to extract poison from tomatoes (what).
She's the founder of the Canada forest from 800 years ago which used to be a wasteland, but with some magic rock powder she created she turned it into a forest. Which goes back into that earlier arc about humans using that same product for harm, so it's not like only she could make it. Although she wasn't able to navigate through the mana created as a byproduct of this, so odds are it's not related to the MMO.
Could teleport like Arc and Hanzou.

So she sounds like some sort of crafting class if anything.
Don't really have anything on her fighting style.
Old 2017-08-25, 09:36   Link #158
Breimn

Pope ch, he thinks this is all a game .
Old 2017-08-25, 09:50   Link #159
sasuke706

Yeah, looks like not everyone comes from the same game.
Spoiler for :
Old 2017-08-25, 10:10   Link #160
Breimn

Probably the undead king was just one of his pawns.
Maybe he just did a simulated war to see how they would react. Kinda like Ainz with lizards.

Tags
clumsy protagonist, cursed protagonist, not harem, skeleton paladin