AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-08-18, 10:05   Link #1441
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
Need source on that, my point is end of OT is a "dropping point" for readers due to various reasons.
Old 2018-08-18, 13:01   Link #1442
KiharaRonin

Like I said, I remember it being said, I'll look for a source though. But I'm certain many still enjoy NT, it'd be cool to animate, and as said in the interview, "with Index, you wanna see it all".
Old 2018-08-30, 07:50   Link #1443
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Live Action Japanese commercials for the Chinese Index MMO game:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube

Discuss here.
Old 2018-09-07, 06:28   Link #1444
itine
No Book No Live

Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament vol.21

新約 とある魔術の禁書目録(21)
著者:鎌池 和馬 イラスト:はいむら きよたか
懐かしき古巣ロンドンへと帰還したアレイスター。 そこに、世界最大の魔術結社の長が襲いかかる!

アレイスターはついに大悪魔コロンゾン打破のキーポイント、ウェストミンスター寺院の墓地にたどり着く。 そこで目撃したのは――
 世界最大の魔術結社『黄金』の長、メイザース。100年前、因縁の地・ブライスロードで両断したはずの男 だった。
 メイザースだけではない。彼が率いていた強大な『黄金』の魔術師たちも一斉に科学の長に牙を向ける。魔術 の腕ではメイザースに勝てない。なす術もないアレイスターだが、科学の地を作り、そこで積み重ねた一〇〇年 は無駄ではなかった。
 上条当麻と一方通行。科学の総本山・学園都市で積み重ねた努力の『成果』である二人が、ついに最大最強の メイザースに立ち向かう――!
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 08:02   Link #1445
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
Ha, nice gif avatar

Rough Translation by me:

Aleister has returned to her nostalgic former home of London. There, the head of the world's largest magic cabal attacks!

Aleister has finally reached the cemetery of Westminster Abbey, the key to defeating Great Demon Coronzon. What she witnessed there was——

The head of the world’s largest magic cabal, 'Golden', Mathers. A man who should have been cut in half at the fated ground of Blythe Road, 100 years ago.

Mathers isn’t the only one. The powerful ‘Golden’ magicians that he was leading simultaneously bare their fangs at the head of science. Mathers cannot be defeated with a magician’s abilities. Aleister is at a loss for what to do but by making the land of science, the 100 years accumulated there was not a waste.

Kamijou Touma and Accelerator. The two who are the fruits of the accumulated efforts of the headquarters of science, Academy City, finally face off against the greatest and strongest Mathers——!

Last edited by OH&S; 2018-09-07 at 08:08. Reason: spelling
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 08:14   Link #1446
LG-MAX 2.o

Boring, where are the serious characters like Acqua or the Knight Leader? Why does not Kamachi create more characters like that?

Cover well lame in my opinion.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 16:25   Link #1447
KiharaRonin

How can you judge Mathers when we know so little about him. He could be the ultimate badass.
Old 2018-09-08, 07:55   Link #1448
tsunade666

It could be badass or cool villain but I don't much care. its a new character. kamachi has lots of throw away character and lack of character building.

NT is more on full explosion of plot for me. Full of impact but also full of forgetful characters.
Old 2018-09-08, 08:02   Link #1449
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
How can you judge Mathers when we know so little about him. He could be the ultimate badass.
I talked about the cover though ..... But about Mathers, there is more than a 90% chance of him having a look of shota or in the end being a loli or young girl, and you know this is true.
Old 2018-09-08, 09:26   Link #1450
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
I talked about the cover though ..... But about Mathers, there is more than a 90% chance of him having a look of shota or in the end being a loli or young girl, and you know this is true.
You compared him to Acqua or Knight Leader. He hasn't been established enough for you to judge this. Did Acqua or Knight Leader end up being girls or shotacons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It could be badass or cool villain but I don't much care. its a new character. kamachi has lots of throw away character and lack of character building.

NT is more on full explosion of plot for me. Full of impact but also full of forgetful characters.
Because as I try to say a lot, other than main characters, characters in Toaru are introduced to fill a role, once that role is complete, they'll either become side/supporting characters or stop appearing because they have no more reason to be in the story. That is, unless something else is introduced that requires that role or can have said character play a new role. That's how Index's world building has worked since the beginning.
Old 2018-09-08, 09:55   Link #1451
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
Because as I try to say a lot, other than main characters, characters in Toaru are introduced to fill a role, once that role is complete, they'll either become side/supporting characters or stop appearing because they have no more reason to be in the story. That is, unless something else is introduced that requires that role or can have said character play a new role. That's how Index's world building has worked since the beginning.
I know, I followed this since the beginning. Even before it got popular

I know the way kamachi wrote.

I know

Which is why I'm tired of it.
Old 2018-09-08, 10:26   Link #1452
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
You compared him to Acqua or Knight Leader. He hasn't been established enough for you to judge this. Did Acqua or Knight Leader end up being girls or shotacons.
I have never mentioned Mathers at any time. it was you who mentioned him and I just answered, read carefully, I said I wanted more characters like Acqua and KL.

Quote:
Boring, where are the serious characters like Acqua or the Knight Leader? Why does not Kamachi create more characters like that?

Cover well lame in my opinion.
And knowing Kamachi, Mathers may end up being in the end a girl who needs to be saved and that's quite possible.
Old 2018-09-08, 11:24   Link #1453
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
They became fodder.

Quote:
And knowing Kamachi, Mathers may end up being in the end a girl who needs to be saved and that's quite possible.
I personally hate this because it not only set a precedent regarding Kamachi erratic writing style for NT. It also kills any form of expectations and thrills for a real threat.
"We can't have heroes without monsters" and that's why Kamachi's attempts to make a "everyone can be a hero" felt flat to me.
Old 2018-09-08, 13:42   Link #1454
KiharaRonin

Quote:
I have never mentioned Mathers at any time. it was you who mentioned him and I just answered, read carefully, I said I wanted more characters like Acqua and KL.

Sorry, I thought you were comparing the villain description in the summary to KL and Acqua. My mistake. I do apologize for not paying enough attention to your intent.
Old 2018-09-09, 01:00   Link #1455
Chosen_Hero

Correction: Did any of you actually read the volume? No one became fodder, they just were not that important for the plot this time. Knight Leader was currently being controlled without his knowledge and Superm... I mean Aqua was vacationing along with Carissa in the jail cell next to her just 'cause.

If anything they felt like foreshadowing for whatever is about to happen.

Also, Kamachi isn't trying to write that "everyone can be a hero", but that there are heroes.

Look at Agitate Halation, only certain people were affected at all by the experiment and became pseudo heroes. As for the actual heroes they might have been affected but they mostly just helped because they wanted to. If the writing were trying to convey that "everyone could be a hero" that arc would have encompassed all of AC and not just affected only those few with the potential to become heroes.
Old 2018-09-09, 04:26   Link #1456
KiharaRonin

^I try to use the "they weren't really important this time" argument a lot, for stuff that happens with characters. Because that's usually the reason for who shows up or who does what. But I've come to find, in this fandom, that argument is not widely accepted or appreciated. Its either "If I like [insert character's name here] they must appear whether or not they're relevant to the plot, regardless of if it would make sense or not, even though its established they have stuff to do and lives outside of what the plot covers." or "Kamachi forgot [insert character's name here] or is a bad writer."
Old 2018-09-12, 08:41   Link #1457
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Which is why I'm tired of it.
Its been a while since i posted in this kind of threads that talk about the LN, havent touched this series after NT10 anymore so im not up-to-date, but seeing old anons saying this stuff makes me wonder if asking questions of "should i pick up the novels again?" is a good idea or not.

Can i get a brief summary of what happened since NT10? (spoilers are welcome) Also: i got some spoilers of the upcoming novel that accel will fuse with a girl?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 14:27   Link #1458
KiharaRonin

I will say, it is well worth picking back up. That Anon was just complaining about their favorite characters being irrelevant to recent volumes, despite the story going in a direction in which they'd not be so important (as many Index fans do). The story has progressed well and a lot of crazy fun stuff has happened and cool concepts have been used. I'll still explain it to you, but everything will seem random, rushed, and messy unless you read for yourself. In which case, you can judge for yourself (but IMO its,awesome).

Spoiler for Since NT10 and girl's identity :
Old 2018-09-12, 19:13   Link #1459
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

'That Anon', 'anons'
Did you just copy paste a post from 4chan?
Old 2018-09-13, 00:18   Link #1460
itine
No Book No Live

New Testament — A Certain Magical Index: Misaka Mikoto’s "Teamwork"
coming from Dengeki 25th Leaflet and already translated.

It's an SS about Daihaseisai (athletic festival treasure hunt game) Kamikoto story.
NSFW
contain
itine is offline   Reply With Quote