AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-07-16, 08:24   Link #1
burukame

Thumbs up Rent anime dvds online

Hi

I just joined http://www.animetakeout.com last week. They are like netflix for anime =D

I received a flyer at Anime expo that had a discount code, just sharing it in case anyone is interested. I dunno when it expires though. =/

Code = takeout

discount is = 3 months of their 3 out at a time plan for $50.
Regular price is $19.95 a month.

I joined last week and pretty happy with the service so far. I get my DVDS in about 2 days. They stock new titles and seem to add new dvds every couple of days. Just rented Hajime no Ippo. Great service for anime lovers like me who can't afford to buy everything =)
burukame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 10:35   Link #2
jennwenn

There's also RentAnime.com and Anime Forest. I don't know how they compare to each other.

I have a Netflix subscription and its the best thing invented since DVDs! I rent soooo much anime I've always wanted to see but was unsure about buying, like Catnapped, They Were 11! or Classics of Japanese Literature.

Its great! I'm renting Miami Guns soon too.

Maybe I'll join that place you mentioned. Sounds like a good deal.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 10:49   Link #3
RockLees_gal

Thanks for the info Burkame. I just signed up at Animetakeout and filled up my queue with 50 dvds . hehe. Found everything I was looking for except for Ayashi no Ceres but I submitted a Request for that in the customer service. Hope they stock it ** crosses fingers** --- now if only they would license Naruto! Then I can see my Stud Rock nice and clear on my big screen TV. Gotta love those eyebrows!

Anyways, Animeforest does a la carte. $4 per DVD rental I think. I checked out rentanime but site was slow as hell and the anime seems old.

Last edited by RockLees_gal; 2004-07-16 at 11:01.
RockLees_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 12:28   Link #4
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

The good thing about RentAnime.com is that they are a part of AnimeNation, so you know that they at least are pretty reputable

The other good thing about it is that it uses a more NetFlix-style approach as opposed to AnimeForest.com, and it's cheaper than AnimeTakeout.com
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 12:50   Link #5
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Oh? Really? I'd never heard about this before. Hmm. I'll have to check out these sites. This might be a good way to check out a couple of other series I've been wanting to purchase without risk of getting a bad series and being stuck with it. Thanks for the info!!
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 15:30   Link #6
emc2chv

I've tried several online rental services (i.e. Netflix, Greencine and RentAnime). Netflix doesn't have a great selection of Anime and their queues are long. Greencine seems to have a lot but I stopped using them because their wait queues were also long. RentAnime was slow as well but that might be because they're way out in Florida whiile I'm in California. Furthermore, it was a small annoyance but the RentAnime site is slow...the first page and some other pages takes a long time load (again, maybe it's because I'm out in California).

Currently, I'm with AnimeTakeout on their 2-Out plan (testing it out). So far so good and their selection seems to be constantly growing. Someone posted earlier that AnimeTakeout was more expensive but their 3-out plan is the same as the other guys (Greencine and RentAnime). If their turn-around stays good, I'm going to switch-up to the 3-out plan. Never can have enough anime!
emc2chv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 21:45   Link #7
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
Which would be the best rental anime site for me to try, I live in North Carolina, and ive looked at both rentanime.com and anime takeout. One thing i like about anime takeout is that in the description of the dvds it tells what episodes are included instead of rentanime whihc only tell you the dvd duration time. I want one were i should be able to get my rental easily wihtout wating in "queue" as the person above me stated. Both have the same introductry subsription plan, on the 3 rental a month for $20. Which is freaking cool in my eyes. ANd of course the selesction is good and big.

EDIT: Just noticed that anime takeout doesnt tell the episdoes for each dvd just for a chosen few that ive seen so far.
|Aion| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 19:25   Link #8
remase2

animetakeout.com

I would like to rent animes from this website but I have never heard of it before. Does anyone know if this website is cool to rent anime from?
remase2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 15:51   Link #9
Penpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by remase2 View Post
I would like to rent animes from this website but I have never heard of it before. Does anyone know if this website is cool to rent anime from?
Your question is confusing at best are you talking about the rental sites or Animesuki site??? The prior posting does give a few online anime rental dvd sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Aion| View Post
Both have the same introductry subsription plan, on the 3 rental a month for $20.
Actually the 3 for 19.95 isn't just three but how many you can get at one time and much as you want for a month period so you can have more then three per times in a month so your reply is not correct 3 for 19.95 is the going rate not meaning you only get 3 a month. But 3 is how many at one time you can get but you can get more per month being 3 at a time for how many per month so your not limited to 3 per month. That would not fit their model and most likely would drive people to Netflix and kill their business model. That should be clarified so people don't get confused. When they say 3 dvd for 19.95 a month. That is what I read on their site.
Penpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 15:52   Link #10
Penpa

Just to report back since I started using their service couple days ago their site is experiencing login and registration problems? Has anyone else notice this? They said they sent out my dvd but now I am concern as I can't even get to the site but this coming Monday I will check the site again and if it does the same thing. Will I am going to have to call their customer service number...
Penpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 19:38   Link #11
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I used to have rentanime.com, it was ok. They are located in Florida, so all dvd's come from there. If you are closer to FL it is good, if you are not, then not so much. But if you are inclined to rent them, they do have adult titles