AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-05, 18:26   Link #441
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Best way to put that is that the Tea Parties are in a way related to each other. Both "exist", though outside the "game" so to speak. Are they "alive"? And yes, Battler is that stubborn.
Old 2009-08-05, 18:27   Link #442
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Ah, I think I get what you're saying. There's more to it than I'm being told and I just have to wait to play the other games to understand the Tea Parties more fully, huh? I'll look forward to it then.

Thanks.
Old 2009-09-27, 18:46   Link #443
DentD

I finally finished Episode 1 of the VN and I have a couple thoughts that I don't believe have been discussed yet (although I could be very wrong!).

Spoiler for the 2nd twilight in Ep 1:

Spoiler for Kinzo in Ep 1:

Spoiler for Natsuhi:

Spoiler for Ep 1 TIPS:

Also, I have a question regarding the entire nature of Episode 1.

Spoiler for Games of Umineko:

Sorry if this is considered necro-posting since it has been awhile since people discussed things in here. And please, if my theories are way off base, let me know, thank you!

Last edited by DentD; 2009-09-27 at 18:59. Reason: forgot another question ^-^;;
Old 2009-09-27, 18:57   Link #444
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentD View Post
I have a question regarding the entire nature of Episode 1.

Sorry if this is considered necro-posting since it has been awhile since people discussed things in here. And please, if my theories are way off base, let me know, thank you!
The answer to your question is revealed later on. The rules of Umineko will become much more clear the more you continue read/watch.
Old 2009-09-27, 19:13   Link #445
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Spoiler for the 2nd twilight in Ep 1:
That is a solution. What you say is possible, however you would need to suspect both Genji and Kanon.
There is another simple way to explain this closed room and was frequently mentioned in this thread: "the culprit is still inside hidden somewhere".

Quote:
Spoiler for Kinzo in Ep 1:
This whole thread is plenty of theories about Kinzo's body not being really Kinzo's body.

Quote:
Spoiler for Natsuhi:
The ricochet bullet is actually the witch's thesis (except she claims that she made the bullet bounce back). In practice such an event is impossible. As well as it's impossible for Natsuhi to have shot herself in the middle of the head with a rifle.

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep 1 TIPS:
I don't think they are reliable. They are most probably metaphors which are impossible to understand unless you already know the truth. As a rule of thumb, if it isn't red, it isn't reliable.

Quote:
Funny, I always thought that if there's really only one game that is real that must be the first game. That is the only game where you don't see any blatant magic event. However it's not like I can say your theory is wrong. The only problem I see is how do you know which is the true one?

Old 2009-09-27, 19:25   Link #446
DentD

Quote:
The ricochet bullet is actually the witch's thesis (except she claims that she made the bullet bounce back). In practice such an event is impossible. As well as it's impossible for Natsuhi to have shot herself in the middle of the head with a rifle.
I thought Beatrice's comment about bullets bouncing back was a very important clue, if we are to view the TIPS as metaphors. While it is rare and highly improbable, it is not impossible for a bullet or at least a fragment of a bullet to ricochet directly back to the shooter.
http://www.springerlink.com/content/m9rjrud2a3qa8kp6/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS4tcLg5oCg

Quote:
Funny, I always thought that if there's really only one game that is real that must be the first game. That is the only game where you don't see any blatant magic event. However it's not like I can say your theory is wrong. The only problem I see is how do you know which is the true one?
Could it be that the true events would be revealed in a later arc? I think that would be rather compelling. Or perhaps, at some point the meta-characters will examine the exact events surrounding Episode 1 and red truth it all. That would be great.
Old 2009-09-27, 19:47   Link #447
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I thought Beatrice's comment about bullets bouncing back was a very important clue, if we are to view the TIPS as metaphors. While it is rare and highly improbable, it is not impossible for a bullet or at least a fragment of a bullet to ricochet directly back to the shooter.
http://www.springerlink.com/content/m9rjrud2a3qa8kp6/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS4tcLg5oCg
This is like one chance on a quadrillion... and in both cases there was a steel plate involved. I don't think the culprit used a steel plate with the intention to make the bullet ricochet, and there isn't any steel plate in that room. The kind of surfaces you see wouldn't make the bullet jump back.

Old 2009-09-27, 20:45   Link #448
DentD

You're probably right, Jan-Poo, but at this point I just can't bring myself to absolutely rule it out.

Spoiler for typhoon:

Again, not sure where I'm going but it just bugs me.
Old 2009-09-28, 01:22   Link #449
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yeah a typhoon is not something one banks on. The historical typhoons on those dates (Carmen) had only developed on September 30th over a thousand miles away and only made itself into a typhoon on October 4th eventually reaching 100 mph winds (155 km/h), then reached 190 km/h by October 6th, before going away on October 9th...but it was moving the entire time. The real one dropped some 10 to 11 inches of rain on Guam.

One doesn't have time to plot out such a thing based around a typhoon in five days while hoping it actually hits your relatively tiny island when it can turn in any given directon in that amount of time...just like a hurricane.
Old 2009-10-27, 01:30   Link #450
Arraxis

I've got an issue with the music in the demo version of Umineko. It seems that some of the file names got corrupted - I downloaded it from Mirror 12 if it helps. Anyway, I checked with a Youtube video of the VN to make sure music was supposed to play in that area, and it does. The file that matches it is for some reason named ë-é¦öÓ.ogg - obviously not the real name of it. After the opening, there is no music until Maria arrives.

I don't think it is an issue with Japanese character support, since if I copy-paste hiragana and such, it'll register. I've attempted changing the region and language to Japan, but it doesn't affect the file names. I'm using Vista. Is it possible to help me out here? Whether by helping me rename the files manually or something else. Hopefully it is just an issue with the demo, since I'm really interested in buying the first 4 episodes, and don't want to end up with music that doesn't work.
Old 2009-10-27, 01:34   Link #451
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Your filenames are incorrect. They should be in Japanese.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-10-27, 08:16   Link #452
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arraxis View Post
Hopefully it is just an issue with the demo, since I'm really interested in buying the first 4 episodes, and don't want to end up with music that doesn't work.
Yup. It's just a demo problem. The same thing happened to me when I downloaded it. Basically some of the songs won't play and you won't get some of the sound effects either, but everything should work fine in the full game itself.

Little Busters!
Old 2009-10-27, 10:21   Link #453
Echoman

The way I see it...

Spoiler for About the general nature of the "game" though nothing terribly spoilerish imo:
Old 2009-10-28, 00:43   Link #454
Arraxis

Yeah, I assumed they were meant to be in Japanese . Anyway, thanks for letting me know that it's a problem with the demo. Makes me feel that it might just be more worthwhile getting the full version, since missing out on some songs would ruin the atmosphere. Some of the misnamed ones sound quite impressive. Is it possible for someone who knows the names of the songs in Episode 1 to list them all here, so I can rename them manually? It seems the misnamed ones are still in alphabetical order... somehow...
Old 2009-10-28, 22:07   Link #455
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoman View Post
Something I've been wondering for a while though, is whether or not every act of "magic" that Beato tries to demonstrate actually has to symbolize something else, or if it's all supposed to be ignored completely. I'd give examples, but they don't really fit in the Episode 1 thread.
I'm inclined to believe they're symbolic, just because it would be bizarre for the author to write _so_ much that needs to be completely disregarded. As for _how_ they relate to what's "really" going on... not enough information to guess.
Old 2009-11-14, 11:51   Link #456
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Spoiler for TIPS:
Old 2009-11-14, 11:56   Link #457
Raneh
Storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachanox View Post
Spoiler for TIPS:
Quote:
At the third twilight, the surviving shall praise my honorable name on high.
There is no gouging/killing supposed to happen at the third twilight
Old 2009-11-14, 11:58   Link #458
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Ah, good point. Thanks
Old 2009-11-14, 12:01   Link #459
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
At the third twilight, those who remain shall praise my honorable name on high.

Nobody dies at the third twilight.
Old 2009-11-22, 06:32   Link #460
Arraxis

Anyway, I bought Episode 4 off of HimeyaShop, so now all I have to do is wait for it to come in, install the patch, then I can play . I do hope it won't take too long, as the anime is pretty good, and more often than not the original source material is better.
Closed Thread