AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-09-24, 08:02   Link #1101
taelrak

It's a wonder that Claymore's still being aired. Anything in it is just as violent as Higurashi or School Days - claymore vs axe, tall women vs. short lolis...
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 05:23   Link #1102
FutashoDavid

Send a message via ICQ to FutashoDavid
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
So after what episodes does the anime get any better? I only watched ep. 1 which didn't leave much an impression on me.
Honestly, it was the other way round with me. I also picked up Claymore a week ago. Finished all the subbed episodes in three sessions.

It started out pretty good with introducing new characters and all that. However, around the middle I thought everything went downwards. Maybe I should listen to all those who recommend the manga, esp. because it seems to focus more on Teresa.

Darn, I hate it when anime lean on manga an then go off with a completely different ending >.<
FutashoDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 08:15   Link #1103
Shiori Zuhon

Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
As I am posting this, it is already the 25th of Sept. Has episode 26 been aired in Japan? Has anyone watch it? Where can I watch online? I am so excited to watch the finale.

Last edited by Shiori Zuhon; 2007-10-02 at 11:41.
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 08:41   Link #1104
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
It doesn't air for another few hours.

IINM, it airs at 1:26AM (or 2526 if you want to use modified 24-hour time) Japan time

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 17:41   Link #1105
Allergic
Blind Passenger

Location: I ask myself that question often, but the answer is always: Germany
Zzz.. hu? O, that's the "end?" How.. interessting.

Nah, seriously. I liked the first few episodes, I liked the distant, quit claire. But in the end you just get that typical anime stuff. An open "end" - and way to much greasy blablabla. Ah, and don't forget Raki. Man, why the hell must he cry all the time? It's ok to be sentimental, but THAT guy.. geez.
Allergic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 05:55   Link #1106
The Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allergic View Post

and way to much greasy blablabla. Ah, and don't forget Raki. Man, why the hell must he cry all the time? It's ok to be sentimental, but THAT guy.. geez.
Amen brother!!! I totally agree with the whole Raki thing. I also liked the distant and quiet Claire. It really caught me off guard to see her "boo hooing" in the last episode. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the series. I think that's due to the fact that I didn't read the manga. Teresa was, in my opinion, the best character of the series. Plus, I really do hope that there will be a continuation to this series. Don't let this be another BERSERK!

I must admit that at times I felt a little embarrassed to watch Claymore all thanks to Raki being a drama queen!!
The Wait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 07:12   Link #1107
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I'm not really sure how people are still bashing Raki with such conviction considering the events of the last few episodes. Let's think about this a moment:
  • You're watching the only person who will protect you from the creature that destroyed your life become that creature.
  • You're watching two people you've developed a close bond with furiously exert themselves with the intent to rip each other's throats out.
  • You see the monster that your close friend is becoming involuntarily try to kill you, and instead a close friend of hers takes the hit for you.
  • You feel completely unable to avert any of this imminent tragedy.
You can talk macho all you want, but I'd be a basket case by this point. That he acted in the manner he did shows a lot of development from when we first met him.
His dialogue can still get a bit trite sometimes, though.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 16:27   Link #1108
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I'm not really sure how people are still bashing Raki with such conviction considering the events of the last few episodes. Let's think about this a moment:
  • You're watching the only person who will protect you from the creature that destroyed your life become that creature.
  • You're watching two people you've developed a close bond with furiously exert themselves with the intent to rip each other's throats out.
  • You see the monster that your close friend is becoming involuntarily try to kill you, and instead a close friend of hers takes the hit for you.
  • You feel completely unable to avert any of this imminent tragedy.
You can talk macho all you want, but I'd be a basket case by this point. That he acted in the manner he did shows a lot of development from when we first met him.
His dialogue can still get a bit trite sometimes, though.
Amen to that buddy.
Old 2007-09-27, 21:45   Link #1109
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
Ok halfway through the ending portion, i'm thinking there might be a sequal, but like 30sec before the end, it felt like it's the actual end, and that's it. So is there any plans for a second season yet? Any leaks from the company or anon bloggers, or even rumors? I mean if there was a sequal, we'd prolly see the 3 claymores again with their new abilities, but what could possibly be the plot? topple the organization? Well anyway let's hope another season will come and hopefully it'll be the same or better than this season
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 10:03   Link #1110
Armandhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
Ok halfway through the ending portion, i'm thinking there might be a sequal, but like 30sec before the end, it felt like it's the actual end, and that's it. So is there any plans for a second season yet? Any leaks from the company or anon bloggers, or even rumors? I mean if there was a sequal, we'd prolly see the 3 claymores again with their new abilities, but what could possibly be the plot? topple the organization? Well anyway let's hope another season will come and hopefully it'll be the same or better than this season
I was thinking the exact same thing, with Teresa's "spirit" showing up and all. i was just lik....damn its an open ending, but it is the actual end of the series?!?!

anyways i reallreallyreally hope there will be a second season, i don't think its right to end animes like this, and there more then enough ground that needs to be covered to make a second season.......but thats just my honoust opinion

*sulking in corner* damn another open end, first kaze no stigma then darker then black ...and now claymore *sigh*
Armandhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 10:40   Link #1111
dubiety
Galatea Fangirl #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armandhas View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing, with Teresa's "spirit" showing up and all. i was just lik....damn its an open ending, but it is the actual end of the series?!?!

anyways i reallreallyreally hope there will be a second season, i don't think its right to end animes like this, and there more then enough ground that needs to be covered to make a second season.......but thats just my honoust opinion

*sulking in corner* damn another open end, first kaze no stigma then darker then black ...and now claymore *sigh*
Yesterday I read that there will be a second season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoo! Answer
The arc has been aired on Nippon Television. It began in April 2007, with the latest announced episode scheduled for September 2007. A total of twenty-six episodes were planned for release by Nippon Television. However Madhouse Studios has said that they will extend the run of the series for atleast another 26 episodes to total 52.
Don't know if it's true but I really hope so
dubiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 05:03   Link #1112
Armandhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubiety View Post
REALLY
YAY cant wait till its out
Armandhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 10:59   Link #1113
Sassarai
Army of One

err it was on wikipedia. Need a more reliable source.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 11:32   Link #1114
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Quote:

Don't know if it's true but I really hope so

If thats true then.......
Spoiler for then:
emu777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 12:53   Link #1115
dubiety
Galatea Fangirl #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
err it was on wikipedia. Need a more reliable source.
Someone told me that the second season will come in 11/02/07.
Recently I surfed on the official anime site.. and I noticed something about november 2nd as well. Unfortunately I can't read Japanese so I can't tell for sure what's the meaning of that date. But check out yourself. Maybe someone can transalate it.

http://www.j-claymore.com/top.html
Old 2007-10-07, 13:34   Link #1116
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Something tells me November 2 corresponds to the new manga magazine that Claymore chapter 74 will be in.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:59   Link #1117
versando
The Hobby Man

Quote:
Recently I surfed on the official anime site.. and I noticed something about november 2nd as well. Unfortunately I can't read Japanese so I can't tell for sure what's the meaning of that date. But check out yourself. Maybe someone can transalate it.

nice, this news made me happy. i only hope they will stick to the manga this time
versando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 14:23   Link #1118
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:

Print the screen and post it up here im sure theres ppl that can translate it here. Im curious myslef. I wonder is there any other anime which followed the manga then went on its own for another season.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2007-10-07 at 14:35.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 16:54   Link #1119
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Pretty sure that is the date for when the new Montly magazine with the continuation of Claymore's manga story is going to be released.
Old 2007-10-07, 17:06   Link #1120
dubiety
Galatea Fangirl #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Print the screen and post it up here im sure theres ppl that can translate it here. Im curious myslef. I wonder is there any other anime which followed the manga then went on its own for another season.
The link I posted before belongs to the site I've mentioned

But here is a print of it as well
Spoiler for size: