AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 20:23   Link #21
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's not a 5 min show.

http://showgate.jp/en/top.html

YUYUSHIKI

2013 April / 30min x 12eps / Color / HD / Comedy, Slice of Life

A trio of high school girls, Yuzuko, Yui and Yukari are together all the time. Not much happens in their daily life, but somehow you cannot take your eyes off the comfortable everyday life they weave. New-generation high school girls' communication starts.

---

Regular length, 12 episodes.
Is very good news!!!
Old 2013-03-17, 20:48   Link #22
Sumeragi
Banned

Data processing club? Interesting.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 20:57   Link #23
teja208
Critical fanboy

Depending on the style of comedy in the series, it may or may not have anything to do with "data" or "prossessing" at all.

Still, is the source legit? Not meant to burst the bubble, but finding one or two 25 min SoL comedy anime seems like a rarity these days.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 02:15   Link #24
duckroll
綺羅星★!

ACE PV:

duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 10:59   Link #25
kyouray
2D > 3D

It looks great! I was already planning to watch Yuyushiki because of Hidamari Sketch's promotion but this trailer is promising. Animation will be refreshing with young animators Keisuke Kojima (aka desuran) & Majiro as main animators.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-30, 11:35   Link #26
Midonin
Last Engage

Love that opening theme.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:06   Link #27
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
It looks great! I was already planning to watch Yuyushiki because of Hidamari Sketch's promotion but this trailer is promising. Animation will be refreshing with young animators Keisuke Kojima (aka desuran) & Majiro as main animators.
Images
Same here. I wouldn't have known about this show otherwise, and might not have been that interested in it then.

Definitely looking forward to this now.
Old 2013-03-30, 14:08   Link #28
Cloudenvy

Why in the world does this look so appealing? Aside from the nice animation the overall feel of it is just pleasant. Really looking forward to this now!
Cloudenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 03:43   Link #29
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Oh well hi there Kinema Citrus , didn't know you were here!

Yep,add me to the list of people who are now interested in this after watching the PV, I could watch the first GIF kyouray posted all day
Old 2013-04-08, 13:53   Link #30
Midonin
Last Engage

CR's going Yuyu Style
Old 2013-04-09, 15:27   Link #31
Midonin
Last Engage

Yuyushiki 01 - Follow the Sun. Catch the Sun.

A Manga Time Kirara-based 4-koma everyday life schoolgirl comedy. And for the first time in a few seasons, it's full length. This is the world where I live, the world where I am me. Probably more than I am with Nyarko. The opening is wonderful, the ending is charming, and the show's color palette is pleasing to the eye. There are a lot of puns. A recipe for success, in my book. I was expecting the show to start its focus with Yuzuko, since she looked to be the lead character, but in a rather Softenni-esque way, it appears that Yui, the voice of reason, is the center of the show, with the other two acting to push along the comedy. And the comedy works, too. Seeing their weird thought processes is going to be much of the appeal here. And I already knew about Tsuda and Ookubo's comedic potential, but Taneda is doing a pretty good job herself. While Yukari was the spaciest for much of the episode, she was also the only one to pull off an old school reference.

Verdict: One of my favorites of the season, because I am totally biased.
Old 2013-04-09, 16:50   Link #32
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Ehehe, there's always an anime like this every season. An anime where I can just sit back, watch the comedy and wacky characters without having to worry about any sudden twists or bad things happening

I can say I love Yukari and Yuzuko, their random acts are really entertaining, and Yui's reactions to it all are just priceless XD
Old 2013-04-09, 19:08   Link #33
duckroll
綺羅星★!

First episode was pretty good. Some of the jokes were rather flat, but it got better as the episode progressed. When it started getting really inane and moronic at the end, that was probably the best part. Lol.

Too bad Crunchyroll doesn't have end cards on the episodes though. The one in the first episode is drawn by bb-Kuroda, and the one next week will be by Kenichi Yoshida.

Here's the one from ep1:
Images
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 19:22   Link #34
Sol Falling

I'm not picking up much this season, but Yuyushiki looks to be a treat. There were a couple slow spots/jokes which fell flat but overall this was really enjoyable. The animation is quite pleasant despite not being polished into genericness and the seiyuus are doing great. This is my favourite of the spring shows I've seen so far.

(The character dynamics are pretty interesting; looks like Yui is a tsundere who has got herself a harem, . That's a fresh take on yuri fanservice subtext right there. I'm gonna enjoy this, lol.)
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 20:01   Link #35
Beltane70

I enjoyed the first episode. Poor Yui has her hands full with those two!
Beltane70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 20:07   Link #36
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I'm not picking up much this season, but Yuyushiki looks to be a treat. There were a couple slow spots/jokes which fell flat but overall this was really enjoyable.
That's the word which describes Yuyushiki I think : Yuyushiki's the kind of cute series you watch with a smile (and sometimes laugh) during the whole episode. I enjoyed this first episode, the trio worked well
Animation is lively and refreshing and I do like the design. Yukari (blue haired one) is already my favourite.
and today I've learnt what Maunder Minimum is!
Old 2013-04-09, 20:12   Link #37
totoum
Me at work

Really enjoyed the hell out of this,havn't enjoyed a schoolgirl slice of life episode as much as this in a long while,everything clicked for me and in large part it's due to the direction and animation (this episode was a gif mine!)

And yes Yui is an M,it's the only reason she can put up with those two girls all day without killing them
Old 2013-04-09, 20:17   Link #38
SunnyPanda

The first episode was pretty cute. Can't wait to watch more.
SunnyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 20:34   Link #39
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

YES!! i love anime like this where you can sit down and enjoy it without suffering through pointless drama that seems to pop up out of nowhere

Not to mention theres some yuri undertones which is always welcomed ^^ and cute girls to boot

Really looking forward to this, ah im so glad its not another one of those 3-4min animes
Old 2013-04-09, 20:46   Link #40
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Not to mention theres some yuri undertones which is always welcomed ^^
The fun thing is I've rarely seen yuri undertones in the way this show did it, with one character teasing/trolling another.

Seems to me the whole asking for a kiss or to lick off the food was just another way for Yuzu-chan to torment Yui,which seems to be her favorite pastime

Tags
humor, manga time kirara, seinen, shojo-ai, slice of life