AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-08-03, 19:09   Link #61
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya0890 View Post
Did it feel like I was seriously asking ? Of course not, and the reason was obvious like you stated. "self inserted MC" huh ? Does that mean that most harem readers actually feel like they are having an harem when they read it ? And if they ship MC with someone in particular, are they ok if the MC share his "love" (I don't see it as love though) with other girls ? That is something I fail to understand, but maybe this is because I am against polygamy.

LN like Grancrest Senki are quite rare I think, unfortunately.
I really wonder where you get your data about "majorities" and "minorities" from... If you look enough you'll find as much LNs about OTP as you'll find with harems. Your claim of the "many if not most of LNs being harem" is a fallacy of the highest degree.

Heck, true harems are the new trend. We've been having OTP or open endings for so many years already that I fail to understand your complaint...

PS: I really don't get why people start reading harem stories hoping for the OTP, that's so pointless. Just go read stories with normal romance instead...
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 20:52   Link #62
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Well, to be honest I'm like him and in normal time I prefer OTP. I find it unfair that the MC can monopolise them, but the girls have to share.

But the "problem" is that fiction isn't normal. In stories, MC saving the girls and the many events following after that leaves a really big impression on the girls, too big in fact. The MC becomes a big part of the girls' life, so big you can say he becomes the centre of their world. Why? Because he did things so great (from the girls' POV) that it's inevitable for them to fall in love with him.
Now, here is the problem: MC's existence is too big in their heart for any other man to be able to take his place.
So yeah, having the MC says "Sorry, I like someone else" at the end is pretty heart-wrenching.
Thus, you want the harem for all the girls to be happy. (even if this happiness is debatable)

That's the difference between stories and real life. The amazing events happening in stories leave too much of an impact. Thus, even if you can't accept harem IRL, you can't help but want it in stories.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 21:42   Link #63
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
You pretty much summed it all up, but I would like to add another factor of why harem in stories tend to be much more acceptable.

It's the fact that, throughout the whole story and life and death struggles, the girls' feelings don't solely grow towards the MC. Their feelings of deep friendship and camaraderie towards each other(heroines) grow exponentially as well.

The depth of the feelings they have towards their fellow friends(heroines) goes beyond the desire of monopolizing the MC. It's like @Rinvelt said "the amazing events happening in stories leave too much of an impact", which don't solely applies to the heroine x MC relationship.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 21:58   Link #64
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Yeah, that too, but to be honest, the authors that can do that well are the minority, or more like are becoming the minority because of the many "mindless harem WNs" adapted in LNs.

But yeah, Rokujouma for example is the most perfect harem I have ever seen. The girls find the other girls almost as important to them than Koutarou (MC) is to them.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 07:29   Link #65
Seiya0890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I really wonder where you get your data about "majorities" and "minorities" from... If you look enough you'll find as much LNs about OTP as you'll find with harems. Your claim of the "many if not most of LNs being harem" is a fallacy of the highest degree.

Heck, true harems are the new trend. We've been having OTP or open endings for so many years already that I fail to understand your complaint...

PS: I really don't get why people start reading harem stories hoping for the OTP, that's so pointless. Just go read stories with normal romance instead...
Regarding "majorities", my message is the continuation of what I said a few messages above, so it implied "these last years".
But if I am wrong and that even today there are as many OTP than Harem (among recent LNs) I would be quite happy.

Why you can't understand my complaint ? I said above I am against polygamy. (just like I am against lolicon, incest and open endings...) So basically I am against this new trend.

(Regarding your "PS" : ) And how am I supposed to find LNs with normal romance ? Most recent LNs I see in site's news are Isekai and most Isekai are Harems...
Seiya0890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 07:41   Link #66
bodo
shirking idiots ...

Okay, better stop this here, this thread has 4 pages and 1 page is full of offtopic, totally unrelated to this LN.
@Seiya0890 if you are against it just don't read and post were there is harem/polygamy involved.
Old 2018-08-04, 12:57   Link #67
Seiya0890

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodo View Post
Okay, better stop this here, this thread has 4 pages and 1 page is full of offtopic, totally unrelated to this LN.
@Seiya0890 if you are against it just don't read and post were there is harem/polygamy involved.
My bad, I will stop.

Sorry.
Seiya0890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 07:40   Link #68
haseo0408

Quote:
Spoiler for Illustrations Vol 13-15 :):
Thank you so much for the illustrations! But I´m hoping for a summary, 15 volumes is lot of story and the anime most likely will only be scraching the surface. The scene where Felicia is slapping in volume 15 got me curious, what is up with that?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 08:27   Link #69
bodo
shirking idiots ...

I'm also curious, but I'm waiting patiently for the official release.
Meanwhile Vol 16 illustrations
Old 2018-08-15, 08:17   Link #70
haseo0408

Quote:
I'm also curious, but I'm waiting patiently for the official release.
Meanwhile Vol 16 illustrations
Well, from the illustrations in volume 16 it seems they work it out just fine.
Old 2018-08-18, 21:48   Link #71
xTachibana

So...is this a true harem? Or just a bullshit harem where he will eventually get with only 1 girl?
xTachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 07:21   Link #72
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTachibana View Post
So...is this a true harem? Or just a bullshit harem where he will eventually get with only 1 girl?
Spoiler for Harem:
Old 2018-08-25, 12:36   Link #73
Kibo

Evil Real Brother

Personally, because of the latest anime episodes and lack of summary and translations in the LN, I'm more curious on what happened and what is happening now with Felicia's real blood Brother, Loptr (along with that woman, Sigyn).
Kibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 12:45   Link #74
Yye1
Wide Right

So who are in the harem?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 15:21   Link #75
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
Personally, because of the latest anime episodes and lack of summary and translations in the LN, I'm more curious on what happened and what is happening now with Felicia's real blood Brother, Loptr (along with that woman, Sigyn).
The whole thing with Loptr is covered in far greater details in the 3rd volume, which is an entire backstory volume on how Yuuto managed to get summoned over, until he ended up becoming the chief of the Wolf clan.

Volume 3 spoilers ahoy:
Spoiler:

As for the current situation: Loptr ended up making his way to the Panther clan and taking it over from the then chief, Sigyn, who ended up marrying him. With the technologies that Yuuto introduced before he fled, predominantly among them the stirrups, coupled with Panthers preexisting cavalry culture, Loptr transformed the Panther clan into a major power backed by pseudo-Mongolian tactics. He himself is still deluded with the impression that all his misfortunes was Yuuto's fault, and his own worldview was that Yuuto was a trickster who was merely using stolen knowledge, and that Yuuto stole his rightful place as chief of the Wolf clan and even used his own father as a human shield in order to trick Loptr into killing his father and fleeing.

As is shown in the latest episodes, Loptr's now back with a grudge, and the conflict between Wolf and Panther continues until about volume 9, when Yuuto finally defeats and subjugates the Panther clan.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 17:02   Link #76
Kibo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
The whole thing with Loptr is covered in far greater details in the 3rd volume, which is an entire backstory volume on how Yuuto managed to get summoned over, until he ended up becoming the chief of the Wolf clan.

Volume 3 spoilers ahoy:
Spoiler:

As for the current situation: Loptr ended up making his way to the Panther clan and taking it over from the then chief, Sigyn, who ended up marrying him. With the technologies that Yuuto introduced before he fled, predominantly among them the stirrups, coupled with Panthers preexisting cavalry culture, Loptr transformed the Panther clan into a major power backed by pseudo-Mongolian tactics. He himself is still deluded with the impression that all his misfortunes was Yuuto's fault, and his own worldview was that Yuuto was a trickster who was merely using stolen knowledge, and that Yuuto stole his rightful place as chief of the Wolf clan and even used his own father as a human shield in order to trick Loptr into killing his father and fleeing.

As is shown in the latest episodes, Loptr's now back with a grudge, and the conflict between Wolf and Panther continues until about volume 9, when Yuuto finally defeats and subjugates the Panther clan.
THANK YOU!!!!
and what became of Loptr after that?
Kibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-26, 00:48   Link #77
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
THANK YOU!!!!
and what became of Loptr after that?
Held prisoner for a while.

Then, joined Yuuto's side. The exact sequence of events are complicated and is quite heavy...

Long story short, but the sequence of events that range from the end of volume 6 to volume 8 basically instigated a major change in Yuuto's attitude. Before, Yuuto is very much the peaceful type, whose main goal is simply to leave Wolf in a state where they can take care of themselves so he can go home. After the events of those volumes, Yuuto has resolved himself to stay and conquer Yggdrasil, and to do whatever necessary towards that goal. That includes using anyone with the talent, including former enemies like Loptr. It helps that Loptr himself had a change of heart in regards to Yuuto after his capture.
Old 2018-08-26, 03:35   Link #78
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

finally someone is kind enough to give us spoiler, thank you @Mechatrill.
so it is a long war (until volume 9) which mean that it won't be covered in the anime, (except there is a second or third season). this is why I am not quite like long story arc got adapted into anime, the anime didn't resolve the problem that got introfuced.
Old 2018-08-26, 12:40   Link #79
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post

Volume 3 spoilers ahoy:
Spoiler:

If you ask me Loptr was sure full of himself, The Patriarchs are chosen by capability not heritage in that world and the wolfs were seriously lacking in both leadership and talent and that´s why they summon Yuuto in the first place; Loptr might have leadership skills but lacks the charisma Yuuto posses and is a complete selfish bastard that cares nothing for his sister and clan, the guy kills his father, slaughters his own people and tries to manipulate his sister but somehow it is never his fault.
Old 2018-08-26, 19:50   Link #80
Mechatrill

I've already posted this over on novelupdates forum a bit ago, but here's a bit more on Felicia and Mitsuki, and how all that came about.

Copied straight over:
Quote:
Full spoilers time:

Spoiler:

This is about it up to where I've read, which is volume 11. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find Chinese translations for volume 12 and onward, so if anyone can take over or direct me to more Chinese translations for this series, I'd appreciate it.

Tags
another world, fantasy, harem, strategy