AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

Old 2014-03-23, 18:16   Link #1441
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Free market means that Aniplex can do whatever they want with the show they made.
Who's talking about Aniplex? I don't think Aniplex COULD sell the license to multiple people even if they wanted to. These things just work like this.

Also, if you're a company and you want to sell your product through only one distributor, or force an agreement between all distributors so that they all ask for the same price, that's called a "monopoly" or a "trust", not free market. And it usually isn't considered a good thing. The "free" in "free market" means that the product has to be available from multiple offerers and the price is free to fluctuate following demand and offer. When copyright laws are involved, the market is rather messed up, really. Piracy wouldn't be as big an issue if that wasn't the case.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 22:32   Link #1442
Gravitas Free Zone

Ohhhhh... my.........

Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 01:18   Link #1443
Allium
Keep on keeping on

^That was hilarious, probably the one of the best anime fandubs I've watched.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 16:11   Link #1444
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
So what cosmic lessons is the show trying to show us?
Old 2014-04-01, 16:48   Link #1445
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I agree with Allium - That 4Kids-spoofing video was hilarious and fantastic!

I really chuckled over the English names they came up with for everything, and Ira having the Ahnold voice. That was comedy gold!
Old 2014-04-01, 16:51   Link #1446
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
So what cosmic lessons is the show trying to show us?
Supposing we take it seriously (which would ruin the show), something about self-determination I think. The whole clothing schtick appeared to be a metaphor for society placing people into pre-assigned roles and so on, and Ryuuko and her allies defied that to be what they wanted to be.

And theres the rage against controlling parents thing.
Old 2014-04-01, 18:02   Link #1447
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless knackwurst View Post
ohhhhh... My.........

4KIDS is saved!

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 01:17   Link #1448
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Ohhhhh... my.........

It's funny 'cuz it's true...
Old 2014-04-02, 23:23   Link #1449
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Supposing we take it seriously (which would ruin the show), something about self-determination I think. The whole clothing schtick appeared to be a metaphor for society placing people into pre-assigned roles and so on, and Ryuuko and her allies defied that to be what they wanted to be.

And theres the rage against controlling parents thing.
Ah, silly anime fans always trying to EVA it up, lol.

All that haughty taughty submit to the freedom that is fear claptrap is fun color and added a lot of intrigue to what was still a by the numbers shonen story, but then Nakashima was like, enough with this shit, lets go all MAZINGAAA (bat shit crazy silly with the alien life fibers and Ragyou just being....Ragyou).

What is the big cosmic lesson...............you asked for it........

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...ynrt10bjpg.jpg
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 23:33   Link #1450
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post

All that haughty taughty submit to the freedom that is fear claptrap is fun color and added a lot of intrigue to what was still a by the numbers shonen story, but then Nakashima was like, enough with this shit, lets go all MAZINGAAA (bat shit crazy silly with the alien life fibers and Ragyou just being....Ragyou).

IMO the point of Kill la Kill was to question the idea of whether humans are worth it or not. Other things were thrown in for fun though.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 15:02   Link #1451
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
IMO the point of Kill la Kill was to question the idea of whether humans are worth it or not. Other things were thrown in for fun though.
To be fair Evangelion left quite an impression on many viewers and it did make several references to psychology, philosophy, anime and Japanese culture. I suppose the show can taken a little serious despite the wacky elements the story has. It could be just really good shonen series or it could a satirical, philosophical and even 'deep' story disguised as a shonen series. Imaishi is similar to Tarantino in that he makes references to other media and incorporates them to his work. Maybe I might taking it to seriously but then I get stuff like how well animated it is or twhat themes that the story has. Still, I just wonder if there really is a cosmic lesson or is it just pure entertainment?
Old 2014-04-03, 22:03   Link #1452
solomon

Naw, dude it's cool.

It's just frankly, most mainstream stuff doesn't try to ponder huge questions.

Kill La Kill SEEMED like it sort of did, but even then it was really one sided (mainly through Satsuki and the Elite Four prattlin' on, Ryuko didn't give a shit) and then in the second half all that color was abandoned for the straight "fight the big bad baddie" arc.

This gets to my overall impression of the series

3 out of 4 stars mainly cause of the weaker second half (or maybe third)

However, I sort of knew that it wasn't because it abandoned the pretentious commentary (or intriguing subtext if you want) about order and freedom (they never really went too deep with the themes, there wasn't even a narrative convo about it)...

It was really that the main narrative juice of the story was the rivalry between Ryuko and Satsuki, once that left a lot of the punch left from the story too. It was fun, but as fun as before.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 17:47   Link #1453
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm curious but has anyone else heard about the major debate apparently on other sites/forums that this anime is sexist because of a "rape" scene in episode 3...? (I don't agree that it is a "rape" scene at all...)

I really disagree with any such views, since they basically are criticizing this anime for trying to be creative and use a novel concept for its premise, but I was curious...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 18:10   Link #1454
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Are we talking about the scene where Senketsu forces "himself" on Ryouko? That's in episode one. I thought that scene was disturbing, too, though not so much as the bath scene in episode 16.
Spoiler:
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 18:26   Link #1455
speck123

What rape scene in episode 3? The only thing I can think of is Satsuki putting on Junketsu, but I wouldn't classify that as rape.
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 10:02   Link #1456
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Satsuki's raping Junketsu every time she uses Override.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 14:32   Link #1457
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Rape is forcing yourself on someone without their consent. Also, Rape is not necessarily about the sex, it is about exerting your power over that person by depriving them of theirs.
Old 2014-05-01, 18:50   Link #1458
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Rape is forcing yourself on someone without their consent. Also, Rape is not necessarily about the sex, it is about exerting your power over that person by depriving them of theirs.
Spoiler for ep 16:
Old 2014-05-20, 23:50   Link #1459
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Any news of an ova or anything?
Old 2014-05-21, 07:54   Link #1460
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Supposedly there will be an OVA episode with the final BD release next fall. A (nudist?) beach episode perhaps?

Tags
action, aniplex, comedy, fanservice, high school, imaishi, trigger