AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-19, 16:28   Link #81
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

FYI, I've been subbing since the VHS days so I'm not exactly inexperienced by any stretch of the word. I may have not put a lot of work out but I have been working for years although I'm far from perfect.

Last edited by Shouta; 2006-10-19 at 17:44.
Old 2006-10-19, 17:04   Link #82
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka View Post
Any opinions about fansub quality? I-Z & MahoMaho squeezed it into about 110 Mb, which suggests the image quality is horrible. The size of Kyou no Sora's release is a more conventional 172 Mb. All groups involved seem to be very inexperienced.

I think I'm gonna DL the KnS sub and post my opinion when I've seen it.
You should watch before talking, I-Z & MahoMaho release is very good, the size is not too important for h264 as Mentar said.
Old 2006-10-19, 18:15   Link #83
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I can't really tell why I'm enjoying this show so much, and I don't think I'll be able to recommend it to anyone else, but this is quickly becoming one of my favourite shows this season.

It doesn't have quality, or a deep story, or breathtaking animation... but dammit, it's fun. And all the various bits (animation quality, art style, energy level) may not be Great, but they're certainly Good Enough.
Old 2006-10-19, 18:25   Link #84
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i know its late but just saw the raw for ep 2...
omg its the cutest thing ive seen soo far ^___^ ayako is cute when shes angry and shes cute when she not! duno hows that possible but its true from this ep...
seeing her teying hard to "feed" mamoru an icecream sunday definatly made her on of the cutest girls in my books the embarrased look on her face...and the angry expression cause wht happens afterwards definatly put a big grin across my face...women emotions can change so fast
i also love how the ep is balanced with action and drama...really when she got shot that really put me on edge...
and the end was OMG! confession already after 2 eps...im seriously falling in love with this series...its gets 10/10

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-19, 19:07   Link #85
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
i htought it was funny as hell the girls super strength and detructive habits remind me of a good Ol anime called Project A-Ko. I stick with it for a while at least to see what the real story is
Old 2006-10-19, 19:28   Link #86
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Spoiler for Episode3:

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-10-19 at 19:48.
Old 2006-10-19, 20:23   Link #87
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Mmm, stupid student council are interrupting them. I thought they were suppose to be helping them to be together?

-- Episode 2 btw is nice....I like how it ended
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-10-19, 22:30   Link #88
Catnips

Thank goodness its now available on subs which is a really goodnews!!.Too bad i didn't had the time watch episode number 3 yesterday(our satellite went down)..Oh well gonna catch the subbed version instead!!
Old 2006-10-20, 02:10   Link #89
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I've seen the I-Z/MM release, and while it's on the softer side due to the raws available, it's perfectly fine and not "horrible" in the least. Finally - while I don't know Shouta, I know RaistlinMajere fairly well, and he's one of the real veterans of the fansub business and has most likely been actively working on fansubs longer than you had your anime hobby.
Kudos, glad you like it. I have no plans to drop the show. Shouta's been busy with other things (or so he claims ) so he's not super fast, but I think episode 2 shouldn't be too far off.
Old 2006-10-20, 11:11   Link #90
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
As a fansubber myself, this is the kind of ignorant crap which gets my blood boiling in no time.

Archuka, just for your information: First thing, before you start dissing a release, you should at least WATCH it first. Second, while size can be an indicator, at least for h264.mkv releases it doesn't mean too much. I've seen the I-Z/MM release, and while it's on the softer side due to the raws available, it's perfectly fine and not "horrible" in the least. Finally - while I don't know Shouta, I know RaistlinMajere fairly well, and he's one of the real veterans of the fansub business and has most likely been actively working on fansubs longer than you had your anime hobby.

The "inexperienced" guy here is you, not the releasing groups. Sheesh.
1. No, I don't think I should have to download and watch every version myself. Asking is perfectly fine.

2. I said the small size suggests a bad quality. Nowhere did I claim it must be crap. I know h264 tends to give superior quality but I'm not a fansubber. I'm not an expert encoder or some shit so you can't expect me to estimate quality by looking at file information and who the encoder is or whatever. That is, once again, why I asked.

3. I looked at what else those groups had released before and there was barely anything, thus they are inexperienced as groups. You seriously can't expect people to know who has done what in the past. I don't hang around in subbing communities or whatever. I doubt many do.

That's just the kind of elitist crap that gets my blood boiling in no time.
Old 2006-10-20, 11:17   Link #91
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Btw, is there a short name for this?
I was thinking a short name for this too, but I couldn't think anything good, "Mamoru-kun" or "Megashu" perhaps, or just "Megadere" after series' website, http://www.megadere.com

Ep. 3 was funny, even thought not quite cute as ep. 2.
Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2006-10-20, 12:43   Link #92
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka View Post
1. No, I don't think I should have to download and watch every version myself. Asking is perfectly fine.
Then ask. In a polite way. Not the kind of questions like "Have you stopped beating up your wife?"

Quote:
2. I said the small size suggests a bad quality. Nowhere did I claim it must be crap. I know h264 tends to give superior quality but I'm not a fansubber. I'm not an expert encoder or some shit so you can't expect me to estimate quality by looking at file information and who the encoder is or whatever. That is, once again, why I asked.
Look up "insinuation" in the dictionary. Your note was very derogatory and insulting. Don't you even _realize_ that?

Quote:
3. I looked at what else those groups had released before and there was barely anything, thus they are inexperienced as groups. You seriously can't expect people to know who has done what in the past. I don't hang around in subbing communities or whatever. I doubt many do.
In other words, you're not qualified as an encoder or an expert on anime groups' works. If so, why can't you just cut out incompetent-insulting remarks and ask neutrally?

Quote:
That's just the kind of elitist crap that gets my blood boiling in no time.
There's just one little difference. If you get fed up due to boiling blood and leave, nobody will cry after you. On the othe hand, if the fansubbing people get fed up due to ignorant-ungrateful remarks and decide that it's not worth it, alot of people will be affected.

Food for thought in a quiet minute.
Old 2006-10-20, 12:56   Link #93
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Ep 3 was a fun watch with some LOL moments.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-20, 17:18   Link #94
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Look up "insinuation" in the dictionary. Your note was very derogatory and insulting. Don't you even _realize_ that?
No, I don't even realize that. I think it's time to turn off the primadonna mode. I'm also not a native English speaker. I didn't even know what "insinuation" means until I looked it up and I certainly had no such things in mind.

Quote:
There's just one little difference. If you get fed up due to boiling blood and leave, nobody will cry after you. On the othe hand, if the fansubbing people get fed up due to ignorant-ungrateful remarks and decide that it's not worth it, alot of people will be affected.
Well boohoo. If a fan subber goes on a power trip he can go to hell no matter how good subs he provides us with for free. I greatly appreciate the work these people are doing but I'm not going to kiss their toes to keep them smiling.
Old 2006-10-21, 15:38   Link #95
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

after ep 3 i absolutly love love love this series!
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-10-21, 16:51   Link #96
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
I so don't mind getting suffocated by those

I totally love this series too
Old 2006-10-21, 19:44   Link #97
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Started watching episode 1, this show is ridicilously funny. They have a great chemistry going. Even the driver (buttler?) was hilarious. ^^
Old 2006-10-22, 00:08   Link #98
Eleutheria
旅行癖

What was the bit in the dream sequence at the very beginning?

I think it meant
Spoiler:

EDIT: Thoughts on episode 3:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Eleutheria; 2006-10-22 at 00:42.
Old 2006-10-22, 06:21   Link #99
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
What was the bit in the dream sequence at the very beginning?

I think it meant
Spoiler:
Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2006-10-22, 06:34   Link #100
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post
Started watching episode 1, this show is ridicilously funny. They have a great chemistry going. Even the driver (buttler?) was hilarious. ^^
aye its quite rare for a "servent" to be so sarcastic/unruly to the master

oh and from ep 3...gimme a big ROFL!
Spoiler:

Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, romance, school life, tsundere, zexcs