AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-02, 11:34   Link #561
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilz911 View Post
The truth is Riful didn't really tell Duff anything he didn't already know. He's just stupid.
I don't get. How would Duff know that he needs to hit Galatea with full force and no hesitation in order to land a hit? He was crying in pain before Riful showed up. Wasn't it because of his stupidity that he didn't know?
Old 2007-12-02, 11:50   Link #562
Devilz911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
I don't get. How would Duff know that he needs to hit Galatea with full force and no hesitation in order to land a hit? He was crying in pain before Riful showed up. Wasn't it because of his stupidity that he didn't know?
Riful: Alright then, I'll teach you how to punch so you won't miss her. So hit her next time, okay?
Riful: Use your strength, and hit her with all you got.
Duff: But...I just told you...that's what I've been tryin' to do. But it just ain't workin'.
Old 2007-12-02, 11:52   Link #563
Sassarai
Army of One

Yah Duff didn't know he was being manipulated until Riful came.
Old 2007-12-02, 12:05   Link #564
Devilz911

I'd say he got serious after this, because he now ran the risk of losing Riful:

Riful: Just try it again, okay? If you miss this time, I'm leaving you.
Duff: No...no...not that...

The first line Riful said didn't really help him at all.

I guess you could say Riful helped him. But Galatea underestimated Duff's strength. Or do you guys think Duff would continue playing around after losing one limb? Do you think Galatea could have beat Duff by herself?
Old 2007-12-02, 12:12   Link #565
Sassarai
Army of One

Duff: But...I just told you...that's what I've been tryin' to do. But it just ain't workin'.

He was serious, that's what he meant in the quote. But Duff didn't realize that he was being manipulated. Riful just made him realize it.
Old 2007-12-02, 12:13   Link #566
Devilz911

Riful made him realize it? All she said was: keep doing what you're doing or I'll leave you.

I don't see the word "manipulated" anywhere. Duff never realized he was manipulated...he just overcame the manipulation
Old 2007-12-02, 12:19   Link #567
Sassarai
Army of One

Riful said she'll show him how to break the manipulation(hit Galatea). Then she threantened to leave him if he didnt hit Galatea. This causes Duff to not hesitate and hit Galatea with all his might. Which broke the manipulation.

Do you think Duff would of even figured out that he was being manipulated without Riful? I mean the poor guy was crying...
Old 2007-12-02, 12:23   Link #568
Devilz911

Riful said she would tell him how to punch so he won't miss...but she never told him why he missed. So no, I don't think Duff knew he was being manipulated. Otherwise he wouldn't say: "Why do I keep missing!?"

Quote:
Do you think Duff would of even figured out that he was being manipulated without Riful? I mean the poor guy was crying...
I don't think he ever figured it out...period. He just overcame manipulation.
Old 2007-12-02, 12:26   Link #569
Sassarai
Army of One

Well Duff is too dumb so even if Riful does tell him normally I doubt that he would understand what he was doing wrong. So she gave him an example by saying she would leave him if he doesn't hit Galatea.
Old 2007-12-02, 14:02   Link #570
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Chapter 75 is out and holy crap.
Old 2007-12-02, 14:04   Link #571
Geburah

Yeah, hope soon is open a new thread
Old 2007-12-02, 14:07   Link #572
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
Chapter 75 is out and holy crap.

We now

Spoiler for chapter 75:
Old 2007-12-02, 14:23   Link #573
Valerian Mengsk

This is slightly off topic but it seems that Rabona's military arm is well trained and disciplined. If the organization is ever destroyed and takes out most of the remaining AO's with them then I can see Rabona expanding to conquer most of the towns and villages around it and establishing well-armed patrols trained specifically to fight youma. Without the threat of more Claymores turning AO, only youma will be left and Rabona's military leaders seem to be more knowledgable and aware of when a youma's around and may eventually discover other ways of finding them.

Of course, even an army can't take on an AO that has its wits about (though I could think of some tactics they could use to harass one, i.e. ambush AO in cavern by starting landslides that bury it and then attack it as it trys to dig its way out......probably won't work, but at least its a step in the right direction).

Any thoughts?
Old 2007-12-02, 14:49   Link #574
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It really depends on how smart the youma are. Since they can take on other people's identity, it should be relatively easy to assassinate the leadership of any purely human organisation that looks like it's becoming a threat.
Old 2007-12-02, 15:56   Link #575
Valerian Mengsk

They would probably catch on over time, but youma do tend (tend mind you) to be disorganized and/or loners, which history has shown can be trumped by disciplined and well-led forces. But, you are right, eventually some youma will begin hunting down leaders, but that requires foresight, assessment, pragmatism, something that we have not seen as the norm of youma (but there are several events that counter this theory in the manga), inevitably I see it as a war of attrition as humans learn to train there soldiers (read NCO's) to think for themselves and eventually put into place the strategies suggested by previous posters (a la focusing on one area until all youma are eliminated and using the survivors of that campaign train/lead the next generation of soldiers for the next area).

But all of this will likely take place much later in the storyline, or perhaps even afterward. Depending on whether the youma threat is ended before, or just reduced at the end of the manga.
Old 2007-12-02, 16:41   Link #576
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The problem is, it only takes one youma. They don't need numbers or discipline, for such a strategy.

But yeah, it does require thought that goes beyond the next meal.
Old 2007-12-19, 23:49   Link #577
Valerian Mengsk

So there is a genuine possibility for this kind of thing taking place. Plus, one youma would only be good in the beginning when only a few people are involved and how often do youma attack/infiltrate a large city like Rabona which is suspicious of all outsiders and keeps track of them? The youma wouldn't know something was up until the first operations began, and then only those that survived would be able to pass on the word to other youma. By that point enough infrastructure would be in place that while destroying the high command would be devestating it would not stop the army from continuing to hunt down youma.

I do see a problem if some youma take enough time to infiltrate the ranks and rise to the top as leaders and the problems that would brew from there. But that is just one possibility.
Old 2010-04-11, 11:42   Link #578
kitten320

I know I'm late since this chapter was released ages ago... but I just started manga so yeh...

But why out of all possible characters it had to be Galatea who became blind?! 0_0
So not fair!
Well at least she keeps kicking asses^^