AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-17, 02:07   Link #2781
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Ironically Kotaro's description of Kanka sounds exactly like magic. Increased physical strength? Yup. Haste? Yup. Physical/magical defence increase? Yup. Resistances? Yup.
Not really. Maybe if you had a single spell that did all that at once that could be triggered more or less at will by anybody who learned it it would qualify as Nanohaverse magic, but in the context of Negima it's basically Akamatsu's version of going Super Saiyan or switching into Full Drive, though the power increase isn't anywhere near so dramatic as it is with SSJs.

Quote:
About this thing on Aces, I highly suggest you don't do it. Don't label him as one, most OC starts to stink of munchkin/ mary sueness once an author tries to make a character better or as good as the Stronger Canon Cast members.

Currently there are only 2 OCs imo that even deserved to be called an Ace. One would be Keroko because he inserted her (Damn you Keroko for making me start to think of you as a girl even when i know you're a guy) very seemlessly into canon. The other would be Aurion. Main reason would be Hayaurion, 'nuff said
Thing is he's there from the very beginning, he's of similar power to the Aces like Chrono is, but he sticks around and stays one of the main characters well into StrikerS and beyond. It's not a reference to his power level, but to his status as one of the Main Characters of Comacanon, same way Keroko is in Kerocanon.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 02:08   Link #2782
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ironically Kotaro's description of Kanka sounds exactly like magic. Increased physical strength? Yup. Haste? Yup. Physical/magical defence increase? Yup. Resistances? Yup.
Reminds me of some debates I've heard about D&D sources of powers. To use 4E examples, since I have the book right in front of me (as opposed to Where The Hell Did It Go 3.5E): Wizards have Scorching Burst, while Clerics use Avenging Flame. One uses Arcane while the other uses Divine, but the net result is still lots of fire damage.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 02:21   Link #2783
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Thing is he's there from the very beginning, he's of similar power to the Aces like Chrono is, but he sticks around and stays one of the main characters well into StrikerS and beyond. It's not a reference to his power level, but to his status as one of the Main Characters of Comacanon, same way Keroko is in Kerocanon.
Chrono is on the level of the Aces in power...?
I thought they passed him during sometime between A's and StrikerS

And I have to disagree slightly. The "main character" of a timeline doesn't need to be up there with the main characters. Since by that reasoning I have to make Rune stronger since she's the "main character" of my Arc-en-Ciel timeline... But she's certainly not.

She has strengths yes but she isn't anywhere experienced enough to defeat any of the Aces (She can't even beat Signum) - at least not without potentially killing herself and kind of defeating the purpose.

Really I think the only thing a "main character" needs is it needs to be well... Kind of center. It should be ideally told from their point of view or experiences (most of the time). They don't need to be up in the strength of canon characters to get that "title".
Old 2008-07-17, 02:47   Link #2784
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Chrono is on the level of the Aces in power...?
Last time I checked, he was AAA-ranked during A's and I doubt he'd slack off on his training during the timeskip even with his admiral rank. Part of my reasoning for considering pitting him against Fate Averruncus during StrikerS Remix.

Quote:
And I have to disagree slightly. The "main character" of a timeline doesn't need to be up there with the main characters.
No, I suppose they don't need to, per say.... but I think it's more fun and more interesting to do it that way, at least in this case.

Now I've never read Arc-en-Ciel, but I'm going to take a guess that there are at least a few enemies in your fic that your character can handle on her own, right? The thing is that Comacanon is based strongly on Nanoha canon with a lot of extras thrown in, and there aren't all that many enemies in the canon timeline that anything short of an Ace can deal with. Fate Testarossa? Chrono could've taken her and so could Nanoha by season's end, but not your typical B-rank grunt. How about the Wolkenritter? Nope, too strong even for the Aces at first. The Book of Darkness? You're kidding, right?

And Comacanon-specific enemies aren't much better. A partially-unsealed Evangeline is going to pose big problems for everyone who crosses her, never mind what Fate Averruncus and Cyphus Kane can do without even trying too hard. None of those three enemies could be handled by anything less than an Ace, and to top this all off, there's an overarching plot element I'm considering where, when Cyphus shows up in the A's climax to reclaim the Book of Darkness's data from Rein #1, there's a good chance that he'll take the Wolkenritter with him.

In canon, their core programs were transferred into Schwertkreuz before Rein passed on (I think....), but she doesn't have the opportunity to do that here, so the Wolks wind up serving a new master with no memories of Hayate (who is devastated by her inability to protect them and hurls herself into Training From Hell with Evangeline that prevents her from becoming a glass cannon). Or more likely there's a backup data file in Rein's data core which could restore their memories, leading to an inevitable Wolks vs Hayate "I Know You're In There Somewhere" match at some point in the future.

Anyways, the point is that Alex is equal to the Aces because he has to be equal to the Aces. If he's too much weaker he'll just be an ineffectual tagalong who doesn't accomplish anything, and that's no fun to write.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-17, 03:44   Link #2785
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:

No, I suppose they don't need to, per say.... but I think it's more fun and more interesting to do it that way, at least in this case.

Now I've never read Arc-en-Ciel, but I'm going to take a guess that there are at least a few enemies in your fic that your character can handle on her own, right? The thing is that Comacanon is based strongly on Nanoha canon with a lot of extras thrown in, and there aren't all that many enemies in the canon timeline that anything short of an Ace can deal with. Fate Testarossa? Chrono could've taken her and so could Nanoha by season's end, but not your typical B-rank grunt. How about the Wolkenritter? Nope, too strong even for the Aces at first. The Book of Darkness? You're kidding, right?

And Comacanon-specific enemies aren't much better. A partially-unsealed Evangeline is going to pose big problems for everyone who crosses her, never mind what Fate Averruncus and Cyphus Kane can do without even trying too hard. None of those three enemies could be handled by anything less than an Ace, and to top this all off, there's an overarching plot element I'm considering where, when Cyphus shows up in the A's climax to reclaim the Book of Darkness's data from Rein #1, there's a good chance that he'll take the Wolkenritter with him.

In canon, their core programs were transferred into Schwertkreuz before Rein passed on (I think....), but she doesn't have the opportunity to do that here, so the Wolks wind up serving a new master with no memories of Hayate (who is devastated by her inability to protect them and hurls herself into Training From Hell with Evangeline that prevents her from becoming a glass cannon). Or more likely there's a backup data file in Rein's data core which could restore their memories, leading to an inevitable Wolks vs Hayate "I Know You're In There Somewhere" match at some point in the future.

Anyways, the point is that Alex is equal to the Aces because he has to be equal to the Aces. If he's too much weaker he'll just be an ineffectual tagalong who doesn't accomplish anything, and that's no fun to write.
And this is probably why I believe Sheba calls you a munchkin. Usually an OC who is as strong as the canon cast and essentially takes the main character status becomes a Mary Sue. With your tendencies, I'm expecting Alex to become a God Mode Sue extremely fast.

My Tais is essentially rather useless but he is fun to write (at least when I used to write, no inspiration now). Some people (I hope) find him fun as well with all the wacky hijinks he gets into. You don't have to powerful to have a good time writing your characters. Think about it.
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 03:46   Link #2786
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Sounds like Belka alright.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 04:18   Link #2787
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Not really. Maybe if you had a single spell that did all that at once that could be triggered more or less at will by anybody who learned it it would qualify as Nanohaverse magic, but in the context of Negima it's basically Akamatsu's version of going Super Saiyan or switching into Full Drive, though the power increase isn't anywhere near so dramatic as it is with SSJs.
Nanoha Mages are faster then normal humans, hit harder and are tougher as soon as they start using magic. Same thing with Kanka, really.

But Kanka really isn't as powerfull as you make it out to be, its just that the only users we've seen are just freakishly powerfull.

will reply to other stuff later, I've been drafted to help out DTPing a large amount of documents. -_- needless to say, making a main character is no crime, and making them on par with the Aces isn't either (hell, its what I do on a constant basis) but you must remember to resist the urge to have your OC solve all the problems.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 05:38   Link #2788
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I'm on fire, so I continued...
Spoiler for 2lt. Kha shovon Touareg:
In the fluff I made, shovon is Belka dialect for son of.

Basically, I took the heaps of complaints, rolled them up and smoked them.

Most surprisingly though, in trying to avoid all the pitfalls of Sueism, and running from out-of-universe Khrack by following the rules of real life, I ended up with a romance storyline!

And for those who catch what I'm doing, Creed is awesome.

Do note that I don't really have much plans with this Kha, just attempting to build him again, then revisiting him periodically when I dream up something or spot a mistake. However, you guys know how careless I can be in thought... So any trouble so far?

Errata: It may look like I broke canon with the TSAB Mage Academy, but I swear everything fits. It's why I said Fate went to a part-time course, and even Kha as a part-timer hardly sees her, which tells of how much time she spends on Earth.

I wonder if I broke something else by accident... Please leave any comments here I'll respond to them when I return. I'll also update the errata.

Last edited by Kha; 2008-07-17 at 20:41.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 09:47   Link #2789
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Last time I checked, he was AAA-ranked during A's and I doubt he'd slack off on his training during the timeskip even with his admiral rank. Part of my reasoning for considering pitting him against Fate Averruncus during StrikerS Remix.
Well I suppose that's open to debate really and would differ from person to person... I myself would think he hasn't really considering now he sits in a shiny spaceship that has the power to level a city with a big time and space raping gun.

Quote:

Hmmmm so the idea is because the enemies in your timeline are strong is the reason the "main" has to be strong? I suppose that makes it logical... Although I don't know if he would still need to be 'Ace level' strong exactly - as shown by Chrono proper experience and tactics can overcome a mage rank.

And on the topic of my own storyline... I suppose its tough to say. Varistans aren't what you consider "powerful" individually. It's if there happens to be a battleship in orbit or something to glass you and the surrounding area... Although a Varistan is also strong enough to crack your neck - but no mage is gonna let that happen easily so I digress.

Also I need to point out this ONE line:
Quote:
Anyways, the point is that Alex is equal to the Aces because he has to be equal to the Aces.
This I have to disagree with. A character should never need to be a certain level of strength. Rather you believe he has to be this level in order for him to be "shown" more? As Shouryuu pointed out a main character doesn't necessarily have to be the strongest or among the strongest.

When you make a OC, as pointed out a lot, it's always tricky when they start reaching CC-level strength or beyond. It's not impossible (As Keroko has stated) it'll just cause everyone to scrutinize it that much more.

And if I make no sense blame that fact I just woke up
Old 2008-07-17, 10:37   Link #2790
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

With regards to OCs and stuff, I would like to point out something:

As a charecter, as an entity that I have molded and created, Franz is rather dear to me. I talk about him alot. As much as Comar talks about Alex, actually. I can't help it. It's because I created him and I like him.

And yet Franz has been one of the most well-received OCs in Cadia.

Consider.

....basically I'd post more but I'm tired and have been standing up for hours. And even when I get home I get no rest, since I gotta stand for hours behind my dad and help him with wordpress, blind leading the blind.

@Shou: I freely admit I'm not as impressive as I was. Haxxbusting ATC, the emergence of Comar, debating with "Professor" ark and my grandmother's death have apparently rubbed away most of my niceness. I'll even honestly admit that I don't care much for your work...

...except the My Name is Tais. Dude. Seriously. Forget everything. Tais is gold. Pure gold. MOAR TAIS YUI HIJINKS!

Besides, if you don't continue wrtiting Tais Yui Hijinks, when are we going to get to Tsuzuki making a human body for Cortana so that she can do battle with Master Chief's fangirls?!

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 11:16   Link #2791
Ryand-Smith
Mecha Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Ryand-Smith Send a message via MSN to Ryand-Smith
Comartemis , I have to agree with the crowd here. My most powerful OC, Brian is AA, possibly Trippe A, and to keep him fair, he can't fly.

Also Part Two of my Story, Revived for ERRORS AND SPELLING.

Spoiler for Chapter 2, More Attacks of Steel!:
Ryand-Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 11:39   Link #2792
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
A bit on the familar stuff, there are times when I wonder whether Tsuzuki and Nasu are sharing notes:

Spoiler for Familiars in Nanohaverse, courtesy of selkirk:

Spoiler for Familiars in Nasuverse, courtesy of arai of fuyuki.pubwiki:

Note that Tsuzuki straightout prohibits the use of human familiars while Nasu does, though the latter makes it clear that magi generally don't prefer that option, due to the unnecessarily-large mana drain in addition to moral reasons.

The question of familiarial loyalty can answered from selkirk's post. Familiars are sympathetic to their masters' wishes and will put them in the first place. Linith clearly knows that Precia will only treat Fate as no more but a convenient high-end tool, but she still continued with her mistress' instructions, even though internally she was torn between her loyalty to Precia and her love for Fate. I would say that like Nasu's familiars, Tsuzuki's are somewhat extentions to their creators, as they can have access to their masters' memories and thought unless specifically blocked out. In a certain way, Fate's initial relationship to Precia may be, or perhaps, is a clear demonstration of the master-familiar relationship (of course, Fate isn't a familiar, but I personally doubt Precia doesn't see her as anything else). While the contract implies that the masters may generally view familiars as short-term or, as Jimmy reminds us, mission-specific employees, it's clear that the familiars have a greater attachment to their creators, or perhaps, to see it in a more cynical light, they know rebellion will only spell their doom and out of self-preservation, chooses not to.

Fate clearly shows that not all familiars are created for work only. The novel, which is our basic source of Fate, Precia and Linith's background story other than the SSs, suggests that Arf's creation may be due to Fate's sympathy to a dying animal, or her wish for a playmate.
Hmm...nice info there *writes it down for future use*

Also gave me an idea for a familiar OC
*warps away*
Old 2008-07-17, 11:44   Link #2793
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

PF has just sent me a rather eye-opening IRC conversation, so I'll have to respond to these posts later, once I've fully digested everything that was said about me and come up with some responses. For those who were involved in said conversation... thank you for at least being honest, even if you were being honest about me behind my back. I assure you that there are no hard feelings on this end.

It's... interesting and irritating to know that I'm still pissing people off with my modus operandi despite all the steps I thought I'd taken; apparently I still have that much more to learn before I become worthy of calling myself an Outer Cadian.

More to be said, but I'm not sure how to say it. Be back in a while.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-17, 12:47   Link #2794
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Then I remembered AARON SMASH...

And has gone to write a slice of life bit to check if I still has the writing groove:

Spoiler for A slice of life part 1:

Depending on the reception, I may or may not continue it.

And I realized one thing, dialogues were never my forte. So my stories tend to kinda look like a spaghetti western by Sergio Leone.
I like it . Just doing shorts on a character's daily life can reveal a lot about them and be used to develop their character and relationships with others. Keep going
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 13:53   Link #2795
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Okay, I’m back.

Now problem #1 as presented to me in the IRC discussion was the way I present my characters. I’m still not entirely clear on what tshouryuu and Sheba mean by my presentation but I’m guessing it has something to do with how I try to hash out details on Outer Cadia before I do anything with them. My response to them is thus: what do you want me to do, crank out a fully-developed idea that gets shot down because somebody important didn’t like a critical detail in the character’s background?

Problem #2 related to issues raised regarding Comacanon and how I’m fusing Negima and Nanoha together. The general consensus was that I was “ramming them together with a sledgehammer” so to speak, and I disagree. The only part of the series I’ve come across so far that cannot be effectively ported is the setting in which Negima takes place, which simply replaces the Earth of Nanoha canon. Everything that follows afterwards is being merged into Nanoha canon in regards to the consequences of the Magic World Earth being connected to the TSAB, like the Ala Rubra working for the Saint Church to stop the constant warfare in the Magic World and reclaim the last scion of what they believe may be an offshoot of the Belkan Royal Family, namely Asuna.

Some of you will probably say that I’m doing this the wrong way, that I should merge Negima smoothly into Nanoha canon. Believe me, I thought about that too and it didn’t work.

There are several goals I want to accomplish in Comacanon which are directly tied into the setting as it stands now.

1. Create an epic story branching across all three seasons and tying their respective conflicts together into one massive grand finale which may or may not result in the resurrection of the Belkan Empire several years after StrikerS.
2. De-shaft Hayate and make her one of the Aces proper instead of a nigh-useless glass cannon.
3. Introduce an OC of power similar to the Aces and get him past the haxxbusters, partially just to prove that I can pull off a believable Ace but also to integrate him smoothly into Comacanon the same way Keroko did in Kerocanon.
4. Integrate Suzuka and Arisa into the story as mages in their own right.
5. Work Negima into the series as full-blown crossover instead of a mere port.

There’s more but those are the biggest and most important goals I have for Comacanon.

Now the problem comes from moving Mahora and putting it somewhere other than on Earth. I had the thought originally to make Mahora into a civilian school on Mid-Childa but that removes it and the characters residing there from all importance in the plot.

First, if Mahora is on Mid, then Eva’s on Mid. If Eva’s on Mid, then there’s no reason to bring in Alex to counter her power while Nanoha is still new and inexperienced and thus no basis for Comacanon. Conversely, leaving Mahora on Earth but taking Alex out means that the first time Nanoha meets Eva, Eva will just snap Nanoha’s neck to get her Jewel Seeds, which she’s using to try to break the Infernus Scholasticus curse. As it is, Alex is going to constantly be on the ropes whenever he fights Eva, but this keeps Eva from having too much of an impact on Nanoha’s battles and interactions with Fate, which proceed more or less as normal thanks to Alex’s status as Eva’s personal punching bag.

And on that note… no, Tshouryuu, Alex is not going to be a God Mode Sue any more than the other Aces are. He can and will be defeated as often if not more often than the others are.

Second, with a magic-less Earth like we have in Nanoha canon, there’s no way that I can see to get Suzuka and Arisa involved in the fun. With all kinds of magical weirdness taking place on Mahora campus grounds, this is much less of an issue when S&A become Negi’s pactio partners.

Third, just putting Asuna in and disregarding Mahora and all the other Negima elements entirely would create a pointless crossover that would leave most people (at least, most people on Fukufics, and I tend to trust their word a great deal when it comes to writing fanfiction) wondering “why put her in at all? Why not just make an OC with identical attributes?”

Now I could just port every single character of significance into Nanoha and put them all in the Ground Forces or something, but I really wouldn't have the faintest idea of what to do with them all. The Ala Alba might make an interesting Saint Church counterpart to Riot Force Six, but I don't know...

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-17, 14:33   Link #2796
aldw

I had some plans for a Negima/Nanoha fusionfic myself before I started working on another scifi story, but I may be able to provide some input for Comar's story (many of his ideas I had been thinking of also, and I had an OC that would make Eva look like a spoiled brat ).

A good fusion should blend the canons seemlessly, of which the devil is in the details. Arisa and Suzuka could attend Mahora's magic school to assist them in magical training, and the Earth magic education system(s) can be considered complimentary to Mid-childa and Belka arts in their instructional capacity. The Magic World's Great War could be considered one of the TSABs big peacekeeping efforts, assisted by talented third-party magic groups such as Ala Rubra. I can come up with some more ideas if need be.

One thing about strength in a story, it should be treated as a plot moving element first, it in itself does not make or break a story's quality. Just look at Star Wars or the Culture series by Ian Banks to see how ultra-power is a means to an end for their storyverse.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 17:47   Link #2797
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Okay, I’m back.
And?

*reads on*

Quote:
Now problem #1 as presented to me in the IRC discussion was the way I present my characters. I’m still not entirely clear on what tshouryuu and Sheba mean by my presentation but I’m guessing it has something to do with how I try to hash out details on Outer Cadia before I do anything with them. My response to them is thus: what do you want me to do, crank out a fully-developed idea that gets shot down because somebody important didn’t like a critical detail in the character’s background?
I'll let the others answer this, since i'm still chuckling at your efforts.

Quote:
Problem #2 related to issues raised regarding Comacanon and how I’m fusing Negima and Nanoha together. The general consensus was that I was “ramming them together with a sledgehammer” so to speak, and I disagree. The only part of the series I’ve come across so far that cannot be effectively ported is the setting in which Negima takes place, which simply replaces the Earth of Nanoha canon. Everything that follows afterwards is being merged into Nanoha canon in regards to the consequences of the Magic World Earth being connected to the TSAB, like the Ala Rubra working for the Saint Church to stop the constant warfare in the Magic World and reclaim the last scion of what they believe may be an offshoot of the Belkan Royal Family, namely Asuna.

Some of you will probably say that I’m doing this the wrong way, that I should merge Negima smoothly into Nanoha canon. Believe me, I thought about that too and it didn’t work.

There are several goals I want to accomplish in Comacanon which are directly tied into the setting as it stands now.
And?

*reads on*

Quote:
1. Create an epic story branching across all three seasons and tying their respective conflicts together into one massive grand finale which may or may not result in the resurrection of the Belkan Empire several years after StrikerS.
If you're going to tie in the Mundus Magicus and the Midchilda events together, you are then violating a premise- Earth is Supposed to have no magical potential

but that's just me... i can try and slip in some theories but not for now, i'm busy with my own works

Quote:
2. De-shaft Hayate and make her one of the Aces proper instead of a nigh-useless glass cannon.
common goal of all- carry on

Quote:
3. Introduce an OC of power similar to the Aces and get him past the haxxbusters, partially just to prove that I can pull off a believable Ace but also to integrate him smoothly into Comacanon the same way Keroko did in Kerocanon.
Will now be monitoring...

Quote:
4. Integrate Suzuka and Arisa into the story as mages in their own right.
My idea... let's see how you can do it.

So far i have some special devices and a Magical Emulator user ideas at the moment

Quote:
5. Work Negima into the series as full-blown crossover instead of a mere port.
That is the one thing that i'm having full problems with

I (technically Kha and I) have plans but i'm not willing to share it until you show off yours

Quote:
Now the problem comes from moving Mahora and putting it somewhere other than on Earth. I had the thought originally to make Mahora into a civilian school on Mid-Childa but that removes it and the characters residing there from all importance in the plot.

First, if Mahora is on Mid, then Eva’s on Mid. If Eva’s on Mid, then there’s no reason to bring in Alex to counter her power while Nanoha is still new and inexperienced and thus no basis for Comacanon.
now that is also hard, as Mahora is one of the more notable schools on Earth, unless you also plan to rewrite Negima from the beginning as well- which i will not be in agreement with

Quote:
Conversely, leaving Mahora on Earth but taking Alex out means that the first time Nanoha meets Eva, Eva will just snap Nanoha’s neck to get her Jewel Seeds, which she’s using to try to break the Infernus Scholasticus curse.
unless they have some intel/info regarding the Seeds from some insider midchildan, it is highly unlikely that she or even the Mahora Commune (that's what i call them) would even know

and even if they know, they would also brand these as dangerous, unless they are risking it

Quote:
And on that note… no, Tshouryuu, Alex is not going to be a God Mode Sue any more than the other Aces are. He can and will be defeated as often if not more often than the others are.
*Saint X notes what he said*

will be tracking

Quote:
Second, with a magic-less Earth like we have in Nanoha canon, there’s no way that I can see to get Suzuka and Arisa involved in the fun.
There are other ways

i have ideas but not sharing unless you show up your ideas

Quote:
With all kinds of magical weirdness taking place on Mahora campus grounds, this is much less of an issue when S&A become Negi’s pactio partners.
Pactio huh?

again another hard issue

Quote:
Third, just putting Asuna in and disregarding Mahora and all the other Negima elements entirely would create a pointless crossover that would leave most people (at least, most people on Fukufics, and I tend to trust their word a great deal when it comes to writing fanfiction) wondering “why put her in at all? Why not just make an OC with identical attributes?”
A good backstory on how she ended up there would be great to be exact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
I had some plans for a Negima/Nanoha fusionfic myself before I started working on another scifi story, but I may be able to provide some input for Comar's story (many of his ideas I had been thinking of also, and I had an OC that would make Eva look like a spoiled brat ).
*gags aldw before he can give out ideas*

let's wait for his ideas first

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Arisa and Suzuka could attend Mahora's magic school to assist them in magical training, and the Earth magic education system(s) can be considered complimentary to Mid-childa and Belka arts in their instructional capacity. The Magic World's Great War could be considered one of the TSABs big peacekeeping efforts, assisted by talented third-party magic groups such as Ala Rubra. I can come up with some more ideas if need be.
hmm... might work in my so-called "Earth Conspiracy"

*tries to Summon Estavali*
Old 2008-07-17, 18:09   Link #2798
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
@.@ well here's the crack that's been boiling in the IRC (both the FFC and the OCC. The ideas came from everyone who was there really. Tempest, I think, came up with the original idea, which proceeded to get bounced around, with apologies to everyone featured .

Monty Khrack and The Holy Flail

Spoiler for Here it is:
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 18:29   Link #2799
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
LOL poor wanwan and kriss!!

I do understand the necessity to skip some scenes, but hey this is all for the fun.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 18:30   Link #2800
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Even in my creepy chapter, I need to remember some humor.

Spoiler for Crash protests doing something that's NOT his job.:

Heheheh...
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content