AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-19, 03:43   Link #101
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Chapter 85:
Old 2010-06-24, 14:14   Link #102
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Chapter 86:
Old 2010-06-24, 15:01   Link #103
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, these chapters sure feel short =0\. I actually hate that haircut, I think it's too short, even shorter than it was in the very beginning. I hope this doesn't float TOO much into yuri/yaoi territory. With all the pairing lately, specifically the Doi/Shuu and Saorin/Yoshino ones, not to mention the abundance of same-gender relations(guys keeps with guys, girls stays with girls), I can't help but think it will. Not that'd it make the story bad, I would just prefer it to not be that way as I'm not that big of a fan of those genres.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 15:55   Link #104
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Cute.

Uneventful chapter. "Oh no, we've reached the end of the chapter already! Quick, give someone else a period so we can have a cliffhanger!"
Old 2010-06-28, 08:08   Link #105
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

These chapters are too short; she is torturing me.

Cute interaction between Shû and Doi, as seen above. At least, it seems they now have a relationship which is close enough to allow this sort of "unspoken communication". Whether it develops into something romantic or not, it is nice to see Shû grow a personal relationship with another male cast-member beyond other crossdressers.

Still worried about Takatsuki being forgotten in all this.
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 17:08   Link #106
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumblefish View Post
Still worried about Takatsuki being forgotten in all this.
Yeah she really hasn't had that much focus in a while, which really makes me because i miss her. I'm sure she's not forgotten, though now that we have quite the big cast who are always at the front in each chapter, it's hard to go back and focus on just one of the main characters.
Old 2010-07-21, 08:23   Link #107
John Smith

Spoiler for Chapter 87:

Although Shuu is the protagonist, Tatsuki really does need more screen time. I feel some of the side characters have gotten more development than she has.
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 15:28   Link #108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 87:
Spoiler for Chapter 87:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
Although Shuu is the protagonist, Tatsuki really does need more screen time. I feel some of the side characters have gotten more development than she has.
The way i see it (especially going off this months chapter) is that they're building up to Tatsuki's big development, and at the mean time just deal with the side characters so there's more room just for Tatsuki later on.
Old 2010-07-24, 07:02   Link #109
The Rumblefish

I am at a point where any chapter in which Takatsuki appears more than Shû (such as this one) is fine enough by me, in terms of the usual Takatsuki negligence on Shimura's part. I might be dangerously hopeful but I also got the vibe that she is carefully preparing a bigger focus on Takatsuki.

I couldn't shake off why but I really appreciated this chapter even though nothing happened - which was almost the point of the chapter.

First details on the next anime season have surfaced but it seems there has been zero media concerning Hōrō Musuko so far. On the other hand, a friend in the manga business recently gave me a special booklet from Shōnen Sirius magazine for which Shimura drew a nice illustration. I'll try to scan it from work next week.
Old 2010-07-24, 07:06   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
a friend in the manga business recently gave me a special booklet from Shōnen Sirius magazine for which Shimura drew a nice illustration. I'll try to scan it from work next week.
Oh pleased do. I'd love to see said illustration.
Old 2010-07-27, 09:06   Link #111
The Rumblefish

original size (300dpi, 4MB)

(I hope this is not in violation with the site's rules. This drawing is from a promotional booklet handed out by Shōnen Sirius. I think it would be pretty much impossible for any reader to access this legally and it would be difficult for Takako Shimura or foreign licensors to commercially benefit from this single illustration.)
Old 2010-07-27, 13:18   Link #112
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Nope it's not against the rules, so you're save.

Thanks very much for posting it though, because like you said, the lot of us here would never have access to it. It's so so pretty though. I simply adore Shimura's art.
Old 2010-08-22, 16:02   Link #113
CanberraPilot

Quote:

original size (300dpi, 4MB)

(I hope this is not in violation with the site's rules. This drawing is from a promotional booklet handed out by Shōnen Sirius. I think it would be pretty much impossible for any reader to access this legally and it would be difficult for Takako Shimura or foreign licensors to commercially benefit from this single illustration.)
Who are the two characters in that picture?
CanberraPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 11:40   Link #114
The Rumblefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanberraPilot View Post
Who are the two characters in that picture?
They don't have any name. Sirius Magazine asked various artists to imagine scenes from a fictional Sirius Academy (there is a map at the beginning of the pamphlet). The school outfits were designed by Kumeta. From there, other artists were free to draw the scene they wanted with students from the academy.

The Shimura scene happens on the long and straight road that leads in and out of the academy. The description above the drawing, 「もちろん背後の男の子は手前を少く女の子に絶賛片思い中です。」means something along the lines of "the boy in the back obviously has a huge (unrequited) crush on the girl in front". Judging by their outfits, they are not in the same year since her ribbon and his tie are not matching.
Old 2010-09-02, 06:16   Link #115
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Chapter 88:
Old 2010-09-02, 18:22   Link #116
John Smith

How much older than Shuu is Anna anyway? I always thought she was Maho's age, but this chapter made me reconsider.

Spoiler for Chapter 88:

This story has way too many ascended extras. What is Mako's friend's name? (Found it, Oka.)

I'm still wondering how everything's going to pan out. I mean it seems like they're all (the "cliques" I mean) going to go to different schools (well maybe).

The story has so many strands: Shuu, Doi, Takatsuki/Chiba, Mako/Oka, Chizu/Momo, and Sasa (she's almost an extra at this point). It'll be pretty hard to juggle everything.
Old 2010-09-11, 03:44   Link #117
The Rumblefish

Website for the anime :
http://www.houroumusuko.jp/

Begins in January. Character design is less faithful than Aoi Hana's... I am concerned.
Old 2010-09-11, 12:28   Link #118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^Discussion of the adaptation should be in the anime thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92038
Old 2010-09-23, 15:25   Link #119
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Chapter 89:
Old 2010-09-23, 17:31   Link #120
John Smith

Spoiler for Chapter 89:

Tags
drama, seinen