AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 22 31.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-22, 01:50   Link #21
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Good ep but the ending is....well it's alright.
Old 2010-10-22, 01:59   Link #22
HandofFate

satifying end.

Spoiler for episode 13 comments:
Old 2010-10-22, 02:28   Link #23
D-Gold
Aurum

I dont want this arc to end;-;

I liked at the end where Jun was laying on Ai's lap. They look so cute together.
Old 2010-10-22, 03:23   Link #24
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Same. I'll be dreaming of Ai tonight
Old 2010-10-22, 03:40   Link #25
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
This school is crazy. Someone actually developed a Gundam.
They sure have a lot of money

Other than that, I am disappointed by this episode. The pace was too slow :

Spoiler for 16:

I was waiting something better for the most popular girl. I give this episode a 7 in the poll but come to think of it, it only deserves a 6/10.
Old 2010-10-22, 04:03   Link #26
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

4 eps werent enough for nanasaki she needed at least 6
Old 2010-10-22, 04:41   Link #27
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up A litte late!

Yeah it was incredible! Notice how they fitted Ai's theme of water with the offspring water part all along with the confession. Now that was well done.....My comments as 2 section....one with the founder's festival and the other one after the founder's festival.
The Founder's Festival!
The first thing I noticed is how nice the girl with the pink is here. Could this be Ayatsuji's sister? Keiko looked so funny with her Stan Claus dress up, particularly the beard. Then again Sae here looked more with that Santa Claus robe!BTW who is the girl all the way to the left of her? Junichi with Ai looked truly a nice couple at the food stand. Did Rihoko's tea mates did a drama stand at the food stand. Oh no! The teacher really showed up drunk! Ah ha! The culprit of getting the teacher drunk was none other than Rihoko! Just giving her some alcohol! OMG that was incredible. I think it was some alcohol given part of the occasion. It was shown to me in Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu season 2.

Good thing Ayatsuji came with her 2 bodyguards from the discipline committee to put things right with the teacher. Teacher's first name Maya is nice still to know. Oh ROFL! The robot started to walk on its own! Umehara looked splendid here and a gentleman in his clothes! Poor Sae here! she was too shy and hide away from Miya! Too bad really! Well that got solved with the teacher well.... she got sent to the infirmary to sleep off her drunk state! Ai on the other hand nicely helped the kids here with giving them another bowl of food after dropping their first one. Very nice gesture! Now why would Ayatsuji be all alone in the dark here? Hibiki showing up with her Stan Claus getup here was nice but I also like the girl on the far left of her! Seeing Miya with Sae here was nice and I suppose it was meant to show that Sae would spent the Christmas with Miya at that time.
Hot Spring Excursion

The moon looked magnificent here! Junichi's imagination knows no bound! Ai looked rather scary here due to Junichi's imagination of things. Beautiful scenery here=>
Spoiler:

Beautiful Ai with bath-towel here=>
Spoiler:

just looked mighty fine! During her confession Ai looked some wonderful here! Wow! Nice fan service for girls of Junichi's body! Wow! That was bold of Ai to do the sudden jump at Junichi here! Ai's hot body from behind here=>
Spoiler:

Was so extra nice and ! Bold kiss was bold and Junichi saw her ass and breasts not to mention curves! Lucky guy! I think other than Haruka...Ai is the second one to do this to him....remember Haruka did it too with only a bath-towel! So it ends with a nice prediction! That of a animal family of deers.... that might predict them being a nice family! Afterwards the lap pillow part was nice too and Ai looked so mature too! Zettai ryouiki was good too!
Easy 10/10 for me!
Old 2010-10-22, 05:21   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

10/10 for the second half. That was my favorite confession scene in Amagami so far, simple but very sweet and heartwarming. I loved the final scene as well.

I have to agree the first half did feel awkward, especially the scene at the stand. The storytelling in this anime can be so weird at times, I don't know if this has to do with the original material or this is purely the anime's problem but it'd be great if they could fix it. That said, it was still enjoyable to some extent, and seeing the teacher behaving this way was very entertaining. She needs her own arc, damnit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
Not every relationship needs unwanted drama, which is why I liked Ai's arc so much. From the very first episode, Ai and Junichi just hit it off. Because of this, I expected a simple yet sweet ending to wrap up what was a very natural and beautiful relationship.
I couldn't agree more. Sometimes, simple is best. I'm glad they didn't try to include any needless drama like in Kaoru's arc. Sure, there was a bit of drama in episode 3, but thankfully they didn't dwelve on it; Ai cheered up and went back to her lovely self very quickly.
Old 2010-10-22, 05:31   Link #29
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Ah, they went a little overboard again with the Tea Club taste test scene, but good thing Katahashi sensei saved the day. Hotspring scene was, needless to say, hot; final scene with ultradere Ai topped it off nicely.

I want to say I'm a little peeved at how much time was spent on the festival/other characters, but since Sae's arc it's been obvious that they're aiming for a straight adaptation/unwilling to come up with some original material to beef up the story, so I'll live with it.

So, the only blemish on this arc, IMO is the hallucination at the horror house + the tea club challenge scene, which were unnecessarily overdone. Overall though, great job on developing their relationship gradually and believably.

EDIT:

Almost forgot, another instance of going overboard - the Gundam... WTF?!
Old 2010-10-22, 05:43   Link #30
Kusa-San

Okay, I rewatched the second part of the episode and it's true it was good. So I give this last episode a 7/10 : 6/10 for the first part and 8/10 for the last part. What I don't undertand is why Ai still call Junichi senpai in the last scene ? it's strange.
Old 2010-10-22, 05:47   Link #31
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Arc Review: Ai Get!

I honestly wanted more out of the first half, considering that this is the first time in the arcs that Junichi actually did something productive for the Founder’s Festival aside from frolicking on the stage with Sae. Lots of time and space for him and Ai to bond over the steaming pots of Oden broth, but instead we get a food challenge, a freeloader named Haruka and a drunk teacher. So the show decided to go the silly path for the first half of the episode like they always do. And I mean always.

On the other hand, the final half of the episode towards the conclusion is probably one of the more memorable confessions I’ve seen in months, and so far the best for the series. She clearly planned all of this, the cunning young lady. A perfect spot for a perfect scene to end with a perfect confession. Ai again shows some uncharacteristic embarrassment considering she openly flashed Junichi more than once already. Junichi, as generic as he is, despite his usual fantasies actually managed to hold together in the hot spring and not fall apart into a perverted delirium.

Yes, the bathing suit was a lie!

It again shows just how much Ai was in control. This arc, for the most part, has had her in the driver’s seat rather than the guy. It’s not bad of course, and after this episode it makes nearly perfect sense to me why Junichi shouldn’t have been setting the pace for this arc. I’m already willing to concede having Junichi take the helm, because Ai shows she’s perfectly capable of handling guys like him.

My favorite scene in the entire episode, and probably the arc, is the epilogue (if you could call it that) of Junichi lying on Ai’s lap like a sleepy little child. Some might call it strange, but it does represent perfectly just how their relationship is about. Ai’s been the rather mature figure in the relationship while Junichi’s sort of… the one who’s still learning, and the lap pillow does accurately portray how Junichi does rely a lot on Ai. That doesn’t mean of course that it’s a one sided relationship because, he might be an perverted idiot, but the episodes did show he can really be an active member of their pairing when he has to.

There is of course the suggestion that uh… the way he suddenly wakes up in the epilogue from a haze sort of makes me consider that the entire episode before the epilogue, hell maybe even the entire arc, was Junichi dreaming and remembering how they met, got together and fell in love. That’s not such a far fetched idea when I think about it, and actually puts more depth into the final scene rather than simply him falling asleep on her lap. It perhaps shows that the story we had witnessed was more a recollection than an active watching, and maybe sort of explains all the ridiculous scenes in the arc as… tricks his mind is playing on him.

Maybe.
Old 2010-10-22, 06:06   Link #32
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post

There is of course the suggestion that uh… the way he suddenly wakes up in the epilogue from a haze sort of makes me consider that the entire episode before the epilogue, hell maybe even the entire arc, was Junichi dreaming and remembering how they met, got together and fell in love. That’s not such a far fetched idea when I think about it, and actually puts more depth into the final scene rather than simply him falling asleep on her lap. It perhaps shows that the story we had witnessed was more a recollection than an active watching, and maybe sort of explains all the ridiculous scenes in the arc as… tricks his mind is playing on him.

Maybe.
Oh that's an interesting theory I didn't think about that but come to think of it it can be the case. I like this theory
Old 2010-10-22, 06:07   Link #33
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I have to agree the first half did feel awkward, especially the scene at the stand.
Sure it was awkward but that's what made it funny in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Oh that's an interesting theory I didn't think about that but come to think of it it can be the case. I like this theory
I will agree with that too and I think too it might have been the case in the logical field. The mind might have distorted some views like the ramen eating might have been Junichi recounting how sexually he liked you know Ai's well I won't mention the word but surely sex can be implied in that hot spring easily. Just it was with Haruka in the hotel room.
Old 2010-10-22, 06:11   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Second half was indeed very sweet, and probably the only part of this arc that i said would match the contents of Love Goes On. Still Ai's arc was worth it for Yukana alone.

Nice Mech. Can't really say it's a Gundam, though that's obvious what the aim was.

Next is Rihoko. <333333333
Old 2010-10-22, 06:15   Link #35
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You know they did. You know they did oh so well.

Also yes Rihoko <3
Old 2010-10-22, 06:19   Link #36
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
l I won't mention the word but surely sex can be implied in that hot spring easily.
Oh I think we can say they surely did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Still Ai's arc was worth it for Yukana alone.
Yeah, Yukana did a really great job as always with her

Personnaly, I like the anime's version better than the manga's one. The pace is better (except for the festival part) and the last two episodes was better than the end of the manga. And even if Junichi was not so great in the first two episodes, in the last two, he was good.
Old 2010-10-22, 06:29   Link #37
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Oh I think we can say they surely did it
That deer family must have been like watching them.
Old 2010-10-22, 06:37   Link #38
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
That deer family must have been like watching them.
Or maybe like that ...
Old 2010-10-22, 06:50   Link #39
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking GIF batch of this episode!

Well that is my effort for this episode of GIFs!
Freebies first!

Ai with her white blouse is sexy!

Haruka stealing food was just ROFL!

A very good show of how Ai changes Ayatsuji's expression!

Now can someone answer me who is that girl below who won the Santa Claus contest?

Rest with originals are on my BLOG below!
http://francismeunier.blogspot.com/2...e-16-gifs.html
Well that's it! Maybe more on my BLOG later on.
Quote:
Or maybe like that ...
Oh ROFL! That was a good laugh!
Old 2010-10-22, 07:44   Link #40
karuroso

Overall i think this arc almost surpassed Haruka's, if only this arc had used more properly the events, for example, the first half of this ep was almost unnecessary and by the end of the arc left me thinking a little that Junichi really didn't deserved all this =X unlike from the others arcs.

And after seeing the ep i remembered this pic
Spoiler:

and then i looked into the cg set of the VN and didn't found this pic there,someone knows if that did happened in the VN?If it indeed happened then i'm feeling that i was really cheated (like when i saw the cg for Sae's ending, and there she's pregnant )D= i mean if they had cut off some scenes from the first half ,i think this probably could have been included.
Closed Thread