AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 259 45.52%
Haruka, and respondent is female 54 9.49%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 37.96%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.03%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-16, 00:48   Link #121
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Mitsuki is just higher maintenance, gotta check up on what she's feeling almost like a clock, which is ok given her many quality characteristics.
Old 2006-11-26, 21:08   Link #122
Totalanime

I voted Mitsuki, male respondent

My reason is simple:
Life moves on and one shouldn't get held back by the past. Thing will arise from the past, but that doesn't give one the right to leave the present. In would be destroying everything one built up.

Life moves on. It waits for no one. And if people change, they should stay changed. Time is the deminsion that Humans are stuck in and we could do nothing about it. Accept it or one will never be able to live.
Totalanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 17:11   Link #123
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalanime
And if people change, they should stay changed
If people can change once, they can change again and again.
2006-09-13, 02:28
The Searcher became a Legend!111 - (to)Arimfe

Quote from the Legendary!111 Searcher
"My heart is big enough for all the girls that lost"
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 03:22   Link #124
anselfir
Style Über Alles

look guys, mitsuki is not so childish like haruka, yet she is very caring and loving. what's not to love about that. Surely she gets emo (a lot), but with proper care it will be great. She is not the type of person who will willingly hurt someone out of jealousy, it was rather obvious that she sacrificed her feelings in the beginning so haruka can be happy, although she did not do so without confronting these feelings honestly. Basically mitsuki is just holding too much in, and I think it is quite sympathetic how she really suffers because of it. She is not a bad girl, just confused and weak sometimes.
Old 2006-11-28, 04:39   Link #125
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I have little respect for her. She sacrificed her feelings? Not really - after Haruka and Taka were already a couple she kept getting in the way all the time. In fact i doubt that she even considered the posibility that Haruka might actualy hook up with Taka - hence her surprise when she found out that Taka had asked Haruka out to the movie and she had accepted.

At the start it might have been her intention to get Haruka and Taka together, but in the end she kept getting in the way each time Haruka and Taka had a date - if she hadn't dragged Taka off at her birthday to buy her that cursed ring the accident would have never happened. Ofc Taka is at fault here as well for not being able to tell Mitsuki to gtfo for once. Her actions contradict her original intentions (provided she didn't use Harukas crush to get close with Taka in the first place).

If she would have gone after Taka from the start it would have been perfectly fine with me. Instead she is trying to hit on him behind Haruka's back <- and actions like these is what i utterly despise in humans, and is enough to label her as a B**** in my book. Seeing her end up 6ft under would be a delight.
Old 2006-11-28, 13:19   Link #126
anselfir
Style Über Alles

I don't think that is a reasonable deduction given the hints of discomfort that she showed while seeing the two together. It was obvious that she tried to suppress some existing feelings, and it was obvious that she was not strong enough to do that.

I think the situation is as she said, and a little more. She became friends with taka in order to do some matchmaking, but also developed genuine feelings on her own. I dont think this is wrong of her, since she cannot control these things. She was just not honest with herself, and thought she was stronger than she really was. Really, had it not for mitsuki, taka would not have known that haruka existed.

There is no need to hate someone just because they can't win against their feelings, and can't see certain things clearly. I don't consider mitsuki a bad person at all. Really, when was her love not tainted with some guilt, leave her alone please.
Old 2006-11-28, 13:38   Link #127
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
Really, had it not for mitsuki, taka would not have known that haruka existed.
Perhaps, perhaps not. Maybe Haruka would have made a move on her own eventually. (unlikely,given how shy she was) Either way would have been perfectly fine with me - i would be fine with Taka not finding out about Haruka. It's not like anything good came of her introducing Taka to Haruka. However, if you chose to get the two together, then stick with it, OR make your own move while the two are not together and stop acting helpful. Either is perfectly fine with me. She starts to get in the way at any opportunity when the two are together as a couple, and her interference in the end leads to the car accident, which is not fine with me.

Quote:
leave her alone please.
Not going to happen in any forseeable future. She reigns on the top of my all time most hated anime female characters, and she is there to stay.
Old 2006-11-28, 13:48   Link #128
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
owh the old battle brought up again!

there are too many mitsuki haters in this world! >.<
i loved her...even with all that has happened she shouldnt be blamed for what happened...she didnt forsee the accident...she just wanted to be with taka...even when she dragged him to go buy that ring it wasnt intentionally evil maybe just playful affection...she knows that haruka and taka are together anyway so its not like shes intentionally out to seal him...oh it could be a lot worse if she was really fighting...

well emotions are hard to contain and she has big emotions for taka even after what has happened and for her to be taking care of the good for nothing taka for a few years!

heck what is wrong with developing feelings for someone after you pushed your friend to him? sure its bitchy but it cant be helped and she doest a good job trying to control the feeling...i really dont see her clawing onto taka everytime he was with haruka...just the odds here and there but that is what some girls are like...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 13:49   Link #129
anselfir
Style Über Alles

i can never bring myself to hate a girl who cries so sadly in her heart. not even if she destroys everything that is dear to me. What is certain is that mitsuki is the most tragic character in this show, and it makes me feel bad that people cannot forgive her for something that she cannot control
Old 2006-11-28, 14:03   Link #130
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

But thats the point - no need to surpress it - if you like Taka - go for it! It's called being true to your own feelings and i can respect that. Doing things she did is something i can not respect - if you choose to push your two friends together then do it and stay out of the way when its done, if you want him for yourself - go for it and tell your friend: Sorry, i also want to get laid by him and will do everything to make it happen. Working behind some one's back(for the lack of a bit softer term) is something i utterly despise.

True, the accident was not an event she could have foreseen, but it does not change the fact that she is an indirect cause of it. I am not saying i can not sympathise(sp?) with the situation she was in, but she was the cause of the situation (intentional or not) to begin with, which could have all been avoided if she would have been true to her own feelings.
Old 2006-11-28, 14:36   Link #131
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

but the point is she is trying to be a good friend and "let" haruka have taka...im sure that she wouldnt have minded is misuki openily said that they are going to compete for the same guy but she didnt because she wanted haruka to be happy while suffering herself...thats what friends do...but yea because its hard to control those emotions she only went after minor comfrot by being with taka for a while...that was all she wanted from him...maybe (casually) see each other from time to time thats all...

you know this pairing always reminds me of asa's situation from shuffle!...its nearly the same situation with asa and kade as with misuki and haruka...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-11-28, 14:58   Link #132
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
...that was all she wanted from him...maybe (casually) see each other from time to time thats all...
The problem is the times she chose to casually see him were when he was en route to his date with Haruka >.< Thus creating the image that she was trying to get in their way (wouldn't know if that was her intention, but that was the result)

Quote:
you know this pairing always reminds me of asa's situation from shuffle!...its nearly the same situation with asa and kade as with misuki and haruka...
I know - but tried to avoid mentioning it to prevent a Shuffle! debate here as well (i dislike Asa as well - And no, Kaede is not my no1 girl in Shuffle - that place is forever held by our lovely blue-haired demoness )
Old 2006-11-28, 15:06   Link #133
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
The problem is the times she chose to casually see him were when he was en route to his date with Haruka >.< Thus creating the image that she was trying to get in their way (wouldn't know if that was her intention, but that was the result)
This was intended to create the tragic set-up, much like the car. I dont think you can blame inopportune timing on mitsuki. Taka didn't object or mention anything to her, so how could she have known

Her inability to do what she "ought" to do is not something that portrays bad intetions, it was just her being weak and confused. I dont think you can hate someone for being weak or confused, nor can you blame someone for being somethinng. It is like your little 3 year old brother peeing on your carpet, what can you do? Beat the kid up? come on
Old 2006-11-28, 15:37   Link #134
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Actually i can hate anything for whatever reasons, and these reasons are diferrent to each person As i said - basicly she kept getting in between Taka and Haruka, even if all she wanted was some atention from him with no intentions going further than that - it is still getting in the way behind ones back. Those are actions i highly dislike and would never take myself.

I would never consider the posibility of seeking atention from one of my friend's girlfriends. Never, under any circumstances. Period. Those are my principles, and i live and die by my principles. While others might find such actions fine and reasonable, i personally find them disgusting. I "hate" her because her actions heavily contradict my own 'moral code' (as cheesy as that may sound) and i am not saying others should hate/dislike her because of the same reasons i do. I have no problems with people liking her, just do not expect me to like her or to change my opinion about her, unless i'm drunk. Which is unlikely to happen as well, because i don't drink at all. (Water/juice/lemonade aside)

Oh, and imho arguments like "This was intended to create the tragic set-up, much like the car" are pretty much useless in a discussion - otherwise we can drop everything on the writers and plot and stop discussing characters and situations alltogether It's obvious that everything that happened was intended for some reason or another

Oh - and my brother peeing on the carpet is not needed for me hating him, because i hate him anyway
Old 2006-11-28, 15:56   Link #135
anselfir
Style Über Alles

It is one thing to hate someone, it is another to hate someone's image in your mind that does not have any correspondence with reality. The reality here is the canon image of the character, thus the 'intended situation' is highly relevant.

maybe you are hating someone other than mitsuki.
Old 2006-11-28, 16:13   Link #136
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I would hate(or dislike, since hate is a strong word) anyone who would act that way regardles of the situation, especially if he/she would be partially at fault for the creation of the said situation. And no, i do not know any one on a personal level who would have been in a similar situation.
Old 2006-11-28, 17:51   Link #137
anselfir
Style Über Alles

at fault, consequence, causality, these are not equivalent ideas.
Old 2006-11-28, 18:19   Link #138
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Ok, so far i have gathered this from our debate - i hate Mitsuki and it is not going to change, you like her and it is not going to change, and our opinions on the situation are not going to change as well, so lets just call it a day We are getting nowhere
Old 2006-11-28, 18:28   Link #139
Mentar
Banned

I'd look at the issue from the reverse angle:

If I was in an accident falling in a coma for many years, would I want my partner to suffer like a dog, truthfully waiting for me all the time? Heck no, I wouldn't. It would be terribly selfish to do so. And heck, we SAW Takayuki falling apart. Would you demand that from him/her?

Consequently, in my eyes you'd be a horribly cruel and selfish person to do so. If I was in Haruka's shoes, I'd try my hardest to get together after my coma - but I'd be horrible to blame Mitsuki for moving in after a full year. Keep in mind that in the anime, Haruka did NOT blame her.

From the positive angle, Mitsuki for me. She tried harder and suffered longer. It's extremely unlucky and unfair for Haruka, but... sorry. Most people damning Mitsuki have a strangely selfish and warped outlook on things (absurd-esoteric stuff like blaming her for Haruka's accident). Honor Haruka's graceful sacrifice in the end and her wish for a forgiving reunion via her "Hontou no Takaramono" book, instead of making this an "he's MINE!!!" shouting match
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 18:34   Link #140
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Ok, so far i have gathered this from our debate - i hate Mitsuki and it is not going to change, you like her and it is not going to change, and our opinions on the situation are not going to change as well, so lets just call it a day We are getting nowhere
yep its tiring to keep "debating" in circles...at a certain point its starts all over again

just personal opinions imo as we all see the world differently...

and just before i go off to bed...misuki rulz!