AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-19, 10:21   Link #3061
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Neither the EP4 nor EP5 chinese patches are working for me at all. I give up. I'll just wait for the English patch, then.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 00:01   Link #3062
shleepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Tenshi View Post
Just go to
Control Panel -> Regional and Language Settings
and look for the Language for non-Unicode settings.
Set it to Japanese.

It looks like this in Win XP.

Spoiler for Image:
Hi, I'm still having trouble I'm looked in Control Panel and then went to Regional and Language Settings then Advance then I looked for Japanese it's not there what do I do?
shleepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 08:28   Link #3063
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Check the Install East Asian languages box and begin installing the languages.
Old 2009-12-20, 12:47   Link #3064
ShinseiTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Neither the EP4 nor EP5 chinese patches are working for me at all. I give up. I'll just wait for the English patch, then.
Yeah, same for me. No matter what I do, using Applocale, changing the regional settings, trying to find a missing file, anything, nothing works.

Ok, I take that back. I finally got it to work, at least in EP 5. Haven't tried 4.

1. I INSTALLED the game either in Japanese locale or in the Japanese Applocale setting. (same as always)
2. Then, I had to rename the Chinese EP 5 patch to something in all English. (same as always)
3. Next I had to run the patch in Chinese locale. I picked the first choice, I'm not sure if that's traditional or simple (assuming those were the choices), but it was the first in the list in Applocale.
4. Lastly, I ran "海猫鸣泣之时散(宋体).exe" with that same Applocale setting.

Doing these steps, I was able to get the game to get past the errors I was having at the beginning, where the glass crash happened. I "played" a little until
Spoiler for EP5 Beginning:
and never got a crash WHOA, loud pound noise. My speakers are up too high.
Anyway, it seems to be working. See if you can use this to get it working, Kirroha.

Oh yeah, anyone interested in a registry file that adds a right-click context selection "Locale Japanese"?

CRAP, speakers up too loud!
ShinseiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 13:18   Link #3065
Bocom
Rare postage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinseiTom View Post
Oh yeah, anyone interested in a registry file that adds a right-click context selection "Locale Japanese"?
Post it. I used to have it lying around and it might be useful for some people. I, on the other hand, use this AppLocale patch that removes that annoying dialog box, so I don't need it.
Bocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 22:07   Link #3066
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I succeeded in running it with AppLocale, but now all the Chinese is messed up. They're chinese characters, but they make no sense. Battler's name has turned into "Battle Fast" for some reason. And everything else is too gibberish to understand. For some reason, some words seemed to have been swapped for other random words, and I can't understand a thing. Is it a problem with the patch or my computer? I still didn't change to the Chinese locale yet. The whole thing still seems like something that had just popped out of Google Translator.

Last edited by Kirroha; 2009-12-20 at 23:23.
Old 2009-12-20, 22:25   Link #3067
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Now that we have reached this part of the patch, I guess a little update might be good.

The translation is now done (chrono needs a break I think: chapter 14 took a toll on him). Please note the emphasis however, as we still have many things at hand (editing so to speak).
That being said, we believe that releasing the patch the sooner as we can was the policy we always stick with. So as many could expect, there will be no delay (so no, we aren't waiting for Episode 6).

As far as it goes, we "might" be able to pull the patch before the end of the year, but there is no ETA so to speak.
I'm just done after going through the whole game, save the tea parties for the whole day, 4AM right now... quite taxing for a rough first check (I can sense the joy for us editors, especially the bloody red )
Old 2009-12-20, 22:33   Link #3068
Number1-Syaoran-Fan
Your's In Gold, Beatrice

That's super good news guys! Seriously you guys are awesome!

"I... I really like your bow."
Number1-Syaoran-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 22:34   Link #3069
Marion
The Great Dine

Fourteen is quite a monster

Good luck with the editing.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 22:39   Link #3070
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Chapter 14 took me 4 days just to read with 2 dictionaries and a translator program at hand, and another day just to make my notes as correct as I am mentally able to. I'm surprised it didn't reduce me to a puddle of semi-coherent sweat and drool at the end.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 22:44   Link #3071
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

WITCH-HUNT BANZAIIII~!!!!! Keep up the awesome work, you guys ^0^~~
Old 2009-12-20, 23:16   Link #3072
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Chapter 14 took me 4 days just to read with 2 dictionaries and a translator program at hand, and another day just to make my notes as correct as I am mentally able to. I'm surprised it didn't reduce me to a puddle of semi-coherent sweat and drool at the end.
14 is what forced me to add the ATLAS trial as a speeder-upper supplement to my dictionary-only reading method. I was DONE by then. IIRC it took me about half as long to read that chapter as it did to read the entire novel up until that point O__o.

In any case, I could imagine even a native Japanese speaker taking a while to digest all that ridiculous stuff. The information alone is hard to piece together. So way to go for translating that - do yourselves a favor and eat a few dozen cookies .

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 23:38   Link #3073
Used Can

That's all I've got to say.

Thanks for your efforts guys.
Old 2009-12-20, 23:53   Link #3074
Metaler

Thanks for all the hard work, Witch-Hunt!
This will surely be awesome. xD~
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 23:54   Link #3075
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Who needs editing? Release the raw script and I'll print it out and play with it next to my monitor

In all seriousness, thanks for all your efforts and good luck on finishing prior to 2010!
Arachanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 00:00   Link #3076
luckyssol

Thank you for the update, take as much time as needed.
Old 2009-12-21, 00:11   Link #3077
Qilin
Romanticist

I was feeling uneasy lately about this, so many more thanks to WH for the update.
I can now go to sleep in peace
Old 2009-12-21, 00:48   Link #3078
Sir Andy Richter
Wuh?

Hmm. Understandable. Rushing is bad.
Sir Andy Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 01:42   Link #3079
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachanox View Post
Who needs editing? Release the raw script and I'll print it out and play with it next to my monitor

In all seriousness, thanks for all your efforts and good luck on finishing prior to 2010!
I honestly did this for Episode 2 while they still had the scripts on Bakatsuki.

Except it was a second laptop sitting right next to my computer x.x
tcaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 01:59   Link #3080
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I had it on the same laptop

Right now, though, I actually don't play through any material until the second-pass edit is in (even though I have a fully-translated script here), just because if I haven't read through a part before I'm likely to be paying more attention and to get the final-pass edits done faster. THIS IS HOW MUCH WE CARE ABOUT YOU GUYS, OKAY?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation