AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2017-05-03, 00:15   Link #3041
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The Titans may as well be Gundams at this point.
Except Gundums were mechanical, not organic, and gundams didn't shorten a person's life span to thirteen years, nor did they make you loose consciousness and they certainly weren't as big as some of the titans which were as big as a Eva, they didn't give you regenerative abilities nor did Gundams originate from a mysterious woman in the past said to have come in contact with the origin of life.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 11:31   Link #3042
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
I'm pretty sure we're going to get a flashback of Ymir's death in the coming chapters and it's not like she had much lifespan left or did you completely forget about the whole 13 years for shifters adding in the fact that she couldn't activate the "jaw's" true ability. Annie is still incased in crystal so her being eaten is out of the question (not to mention whether or not the 13 years is still in effect when she is incased in crystal) and I honestly believe she is going switch sides to Eren and the Paradis Island Eldin characters. Giving what was revealed about the Ankerman clan this chapter Mikasa (and Levi) are already Titan-like.
We already got the flashback of her death. Or do you need to see her being digested to consider her dead? As for her remaining lifespan... totally moot. Reiner is still alive and he'd have even less time left than her. And she couldn't activate the "true ability" when we last saw her. She could have learned, just as Eren is learning to do stuff.

Quote:
So only THREE chapters qualifies as hijacking the story for you?
Have we, or have we not, gotten chapters focusing on the main cast of the manga? No, we have not. Therefore, anything more than 1 chapter is hijacking the story as you put it.

Quote:
See, this is what is most irritating about a fanbase, when they judge a complex deep story with many subplots before it's even finished and have no idea where it's going
So you basically want no discussion and only mindless praise? Sorry, that's not what this is. This is a forum for discussion. If we don't like it, we have every right to complain. If you don't like it, don't participate. Complaining about complainers is even worse than the complainers complaining.

Quote:
You seem like an impatient person who can't take the monthly perspective of a manga still being released in pieces and prefers binge watching, if you can't take it trying waiting a few months.
I'm perfectly patient, thank you very much. Kindly stop with the personal attacks and strawmanning.

Quote:
Honestly the only time you should complain about an unfinished series
Again, we can complain if we want. It's a discussion forum. If you don't like it, don't participate.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 13:06   Link #3043
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

After rereading, I guess Grisha is the only Titan shifters that actually living more than 13 years..
Old 2017-05-03, 15:54   Link #3044
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So we know now WHY Zeke was able to transform Connie's village into Titans. The question now is HOW. Did he just poison their wells with his spinal fluid?
I think the spinal fluid has to be injected. Drinking shouldn't really be enough. About the how: He probably surprised the villagers while they were sleeping, injecting them the serum. After all it was a peaceful village, there shouldn't have been any guards or the like.

Quote:
Implying they give a damn about whether she lives or not? She's 100% dead. Since the author had no qualms killing her off screen, I'm expecting Annie to have been eaten now too. Probably by Mikasa, because why not.
I'm also for Annie beeing eaten by now. It would be stupid of the Wall people to not do it and gain access to this power.
However I doubt that Mikasa is the person in question. To me it looked like the Ackermans aren't of Eldian descent and therefore can't even transform into Titans. After all, they weren't affected by the King's memory altering power, and it was mentioned several times, that Mikasa has an asian apperance, contrary to everyone else inside the walls.

I really hope that Eren did make some progress in using the founding Titan's power. Letting this much time go by without any progress would suck.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 17:41   Link #3045
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think the spinal fluid has to be injected. Drinking shouldn't really be enough. About the how: He probably surprised the villagers while they were sleeping, injecting them the serum. After all it was a peaceful village, there shouldn't have been any guards or the like.
I imagine at least one of them would wake up from getting an injection, unless initial contact with the blood made put them in an instant stupor.

Quote:
I'm also for Annie beeing eaten by now. It would be stupid of the Wall people to not do it and gain access to this power.
However I doubt that Mikasa is the person in question. To me it looked like the Ackermans aren't of Eldian descent and therefore can't even transform into Titans. After all, they weren't affected by the King's memory altering power, and it was mentioned several times, that Mikasa has an asian apperance, contrary to everyone else inside the walls.
Good point. Now I'm also wondering if a male can obtain the Female Titan's power, and if so how it'd affect their Titan form.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 17:50   Link #3046
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
The problem is that he somehow got everyone to transform from within their houses, with no one dying. I could get him using your method to inject a few people, having them titanify and use them to kill or capture the rest. But that's not what happened.

Quote:
They'd need to get through the crystal first.

Quote:
She's an Ackerman through her dad, Asian through her mom.

But yeah, she's probably not who you want to risk on something like that. She's too precious as a human soldier.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 20:17   Link #3047
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The problem is that he somehow got everyone to transform from within their houses, with no one dying. I could get him using your method to inject a few people, having them titanify and use them to kill or capture the rest. But that's not what happened.

She's an Ackerman through her dad, Asian through her mom.

But yeah, she's probably not who you want to risk on something like that. She's too precious as a human soldier.
Mother is certainly not Eldian, we do not know about her father and how pure the Ackerman bloodline is. The manga does not tell us whether mixed race people can turn into titans. Probably best not to experiment as you said.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 20:44   Link #3048
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Interesting thought besides being guilty at what his people did the First King saw the writing on the wall. (No pun intended) Human advancements will outpace the Eldian Titans. How? He received info from the future like Owl did.

First King went Frak this I'm out! Hence his policy of keeping the populace ignorant and stall tech development so his people won't go viking again and not make themselves targets.
I am not sure how this would work.
If he were to retreat behind the walls and suppress tech development then eventually the rest of the world will develop to the point where the Eldians inside the wall will be utterly helpless even if they were to unleash all the titans in the walls.

Right now the outside tech is approximately World War 1 level. If we go by how our world developed, in 25 years they will have WW2 tech with the equivalent of bombers like B52 and ground attack aircraft like IL-2 Sturmovik. 5 more years and you get nukes and at that point the rest of the world may just decide to nuke the Eldian devils once and for all, given that they are conveniently massed inside the walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Have we, or have we not, gotten chapters focusing on the main cast of the manga? No, we have not. Therefore, anything more than 1 chapter is hijacking the story as you put it.
Well, if George Martin can do it, I don't see why Isayama can't

Quote:
Well, not sure how they will get to her unless Hange somehow manages to invent a jackhammer using tech from those Marley ships they supposedly captured and or destroyed.

Last edited by LKK; 2017-05-04 at 10:28. Reason: Posts merged. Use edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 23:45   Link #3049
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Why? IMHO there is no need to destroy the crystal first. Just swallow her completely including the crystal, like a giant pill. I'm pretty sure the crystal wouldn't hold up to beeing inside a Titan's stomach for too long.
But even if you're right and it's necessary to get Annie out first: How long has it been? Three years? It would be very disappointing, if they didn't make any progress in all those time.

BTW, Owl once told Grisha, that each Titan has a specific name. Isn't it stange, that the people inside the walls called the Titans by their correct name, even though they couldn't know them? It must be said though, that a lot of those names are rather unimaginative.
Old 2017-05-04, 02:55   Link #3050
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
Well, not sure how they will get to her unless Hange somehow manages to invent a jackhammer using tech from those Marley ships they supposedly captured and or destroyed.
Maybe Titan Eren could harden his fists and break it?

Quote:
Why? IMHO there is no need to destroy the crystal first. Just swallow her completely including the crystal, like a giant pill. I'm pretty sure the crystal wouldn't hold up to beeing inside a Titan's stomach for too long.
Eren went through a titan stomach for a bit and was fine. Heck, human bodies aren't damaged beyond recognition before being vomited out. Remember that what a titan has to do is break the spine of the subject and drink the fluid.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 08:36   Link #3051
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
Well, if George Martin can do it, I don't see why Isayama can't
Dude who are you quoting I didn't say that?

edit: Also triple post. Mods ain't gonna like that. Edit your posts to the first one and delete the later two.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 17:16   Link #3052
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
IIRC the Attack Titan was one of the powers that were with Marley originally.
Nothing from Owl's explanations gave any hint at him beeing originally from Paradis Island.
You're right, he wasn't from the island, I remembered it wrong. That said, his titan couldn't have been counted as one of Marley's, since he hid his true identity and passed himself off as a Marleyian to everybody. I'm guessing he inherited the power through birth and that in such cases, the thirteen years countdown doesn't activate until they first use their titan. Or maybe he somehow managed to steal it. He seemed like a resourceful guy.
Old 2017-05-04, 18:43   Link #3053
kitten320

Really? Isayama went through trouble of crystallising Annie and you expect her to die off screen just like that after all these years? You guys are either delusional or Isayama really lost his touch.

It is illogical to invent a whole crystallisation defence mechanism, use it once and then have the character inside to just die off screen after all these years of waiting. Talk about pointless.

Last edited by kitten320; 2017-05-04 at 18:53.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 00:03   Link #3054
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Really? Isayama went through trouble of crystallising Annie and you expect her to die off screen just like that after all these years? You guys are either delusional or Isayama really lost his touch.

It is illogical to invent a whole crystallisation defence mechanism, use it once and then have the character inside to just die off screen after all these years of waiting. Talk about pointless.
The crystallisation fullfilled its purpose by showing the wall people that Titans can create this hard structures, which led to them beeing able to seal the break in the walls.
As I wrote: It would be extremely bad writing, if she just stayed in this crystal for three years, without any progress in getting her out of it. This would be extremely disappointing.
Old 2017-05-06, 19:52   Link #3055
Stro

Well Armin can break Annie crystallisation since he is the colossus titan. I think that Hange or Sasha can be the next Female Titan, well I think that is more probable that Hange Zoë has more chances since she loves all the study of Titans.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 05:04   Link #3056
shadow of the day

If I'm not wrong Annie only have 1 year now like reinner, so what do you think about that, I mean at least reinner it's going to comeback to the island , do you think isayama will kill anni just like that or she will do something else before she die ?
Old 2017-05-16, 06:12   Link #3057
Butagami

Quote:
The crystallisation fullfilled its purpose by showing the wall people that Titans can create this hard structures, which led to them beeing able to seal the break in the walls.
As I wrote: It would be extremely bad writing, if she just stayed in this crystal for three years, without any progress in getting her out of it. This would be extremely disappointing.
It also ensured that Annie couldn't be interrogated, which would have outed R'n'B as shifters earlier and the fact that there is an entire world out there. Killing her would have accomplished the same, but this way she can be brought back if the plot demands it.

I also think that someone has eaten Annie in the meantime, and a new female titan will make a surprise appearance eventually.

As for Eren, I really hope he has made some significant progress, both with his Coordinate powers and with his hardening. I want to see a completely one-sided rematch against the Armored Titan. I wonder if Armin will be able to alter his size a little. You'd think that was an option, seeing as how Eren's titan shrunk in size with repeated transformations....
Old 2017-05-26, 18:02   Link #3058
kitten320

Still doubt it considering there was whole father flashback as well. Could have just killed her without one.

In RnB case there were two of them so one could go. In Annie's case situation seems a bit more different.

Not saying that she is still in the crystal, but eaten? Don't think so. Captive? Very likely. Possibly working together? Also an option since she never really favored her people. And Isayama seemed to like her as well.

And in all honesty, Annie appearing as a traitor before her people would be far more entertaining and a shocker than someone eating and taking her power. After all Annie knows the city, knows the rules and passages and with right persuasion would gladly help. She is far more beneficial alive than eaten.

Either way wait and see I guess.
Old 2017-06-02, 16:27   Link #3059
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just read an article about how Norse mythology influenced the series (the first giant was named Ymir whose soul was divided into 9 entities). As a result, I doubt they might kill Ymir unless we reach the series' climax. Also, based on that, I wonder if we'll have another flashback to explain if we are in a post-Ragnarök story or Eren or any other character will perform the Ragnarök
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 18:21   Link #3060
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought Ymir was still alive too, until I reread the latest 10 chapters or so, that is. Her backstory has been fully explained (I had totally forgotten about that) and she said her farewells to Historia. There's nothing left for her character to do. She wasn't related at all to the original Ymir (other than being of eldian descent, and even then, she couldn't even bring forth the power of the jaw titan), it wasn't even her real name. She was a red herring all along. Her life was very tragic, her only solace was meeting Historia.