Notices

Old 2008-01-05, 06:38   Link #181
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Pantsu service aside...

Spoiler for thoughts on epi 1:
Old 2008-01-05, 06:43   Link #182
Tiberium Wolf

Woah! Godlike! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... I am a happy man!

Although I agree that Tsukune is uber lame but the rest is ok!
Old 2008-01-05, 07:03   Link #183
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
It's just wrong to say that Gonzo makes bad anime cause Rosario Vampire isn't what people were expecting.
Just go watch Last Exile, Blue Drop, Romeo x Juliet, Yukikaze or Speed Grapher and you'll know why.
The point is, that Gonzo is bringing out 2-3 shows at once sometimes and there are always such with a really low production quality.
I have that impression for Rosario Vampire since it'll be only 13 episodes and I doubt the animation will improve that drasticaly the next episodes.
So what's left is probably a fanservice loaded anime for the really hardcore fans of the series and/ or ecchi people :P
You are right. Gonzo does have the ability to do a good job with some series. Though another lesson could be that they just can't do a quality job when they pick up that many series. One seems to get the short end of the stick. Do what's in their ability to handle is all I'd ask of them.

Anyways will see how this one turns out. Do hope Tsukune will pull through and be a solid male lead, but only time will tell there. Also guess its a valuable lesson that you just don't mess with Vampires. Well unless they like you...not as a snack I mean .
Old 2008-01-05, 07:03   Link #184
-Nyu-
Yozora

Quote:
Also guess its a valuable lesson that you just don't mess with Vampires.
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for Manga Spoiler for season2:
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 07:38   Link #185
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Anyways will see how this one turns out. Do hope Tsukune will pull through and be a solid male lead, but only time will tell there. Also guess its a valuable lesson that you just don't mess with Vampires. Well unless they like you...not as a snack I mean .
Both Dark Moka and Moeblob can snack on me any time

@-Nyu- - Is that because he is such a loser? *Grovels to the great anime gods for it to be not true*
Old 2008-01-05, 08:00   Link #186
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
You are right. Gonzo does have the ability to do a good job with some series. Though another lesson could be that they just can't do a quality job when they pick up that many series. One seems to get the short end of the stick. Do what's in their ability to handle is all I'd ask of them.

Well they tend to favor quantity > quality, be even so in that mass there are always gems to be found (most obvious one to me is SnH ).

Tsukune falls under the generic weak-cowardly-male-lead-who-finds-inner-strength-for-love. I won't be expecting to much from him besides the odd moments, and then reverting back to being a snack

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 08:01   Link #187
-Nyu-
Yozora

@grey_moon
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-05, 08:04   Link #188
mdauben

Quote:
It's just wrong to say that Gonzo makes bad anime cause Rosario Vampire isn't what people were expecting.
For myself, I'm not dissappointed in R+V because its just what I expected. A "guilty pleasure" brought to life.

Honestly, its not like the manga is any sort of masterpiece, either. Its a fun concept with some fun characters, a bit of action, and a bit of comedy. While that may not get it onto any "10 best" lists, it's good enough for an entertaining show to watch.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 08:07   Link #189
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well they tend to favor quantity > quality, be even so in that mass there are always gems to be found (most obvious one to me is SnH ).

Tsukune falls under the generic weak-cowardly-male-lead-who-finds-inner-strength-for-love. I won't be expecting to much from him besides the odd moments, and then reverting back to being a snack
Well, SnH was a Gonzo+AIC project if I'm not mistaken so I wouldn't really count it as a pure Gonzo series. (not sure on R+V, but I know Gonzo will be doing S.A. together w/ AIC w/c is what I'm really looking forward too.).

And yeah; not only that tsukune is generic lame ass male lead who gets some ass kicking power or something in the series later on. He also becomes so damn cheesy I fell like reading an old marvel superhero comic book everytime I read his lines.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 08:11   Link #190
grey_moon

Quote:
@grey_moon
Spoiler:
Spoiler for blarrrggghhh arrrgggghh rrrgggghhhh:

Snack on me *jumps up and down screaming pick me*

*Edit*

@NoOneKnowS - Nooooo the Great Dango has forsaken me *sniffle*
Old 2008-01-05, 08:16   Link #191
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Just a note, can we keep the manga spoilers away from here? It's too dam tempting and there is a manga thread! >_<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 08:21   Link #192
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Spoiler for From Manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
While its true he tried to run away from the school, he already came back to help Moka, and tried to stand up for her to the big nasty (thus cementing her stereotypical love interest in him), even if he did just succeed in getting knocked around. So, it seems to me he has already shown a bit of "backbone".

Spoiler for More Manga:
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 08:21   Link #193
noob3d
馬鹿やろ

Spoiler for episode 1 thoughts for subs:

So far I rate this on slightly better than murder princess(I stoped after episode 3 due to its unscariness..).Its actually very similar only with more comedy/fanservice/better animation.So i think a 7/10 would be fair?
Old 2008-01-05, 08:23   Link #194
-Nyu-
Yozora

Quote:
Just a note, can we keep the manga spoilers away from here? It's too dam tempting and there is a manga thread! >_<
You're so weak :P
Just kidding, I'm over to the manga thread, no interest in the anime as for now~
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47934
Old 2008-01-05, 08:23   Link #195
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
While its true he tried to run away from the school, he already came back to help Moka, and tried to stand up for her to the big nasty (thus cementing her stereotypical love interest in him), even if he did just succeed in getting knocked around. So, it seems to me he has already shown a bit of "backbone".
Good call on the above scene, but I am fearing it is just the set-up plot device to win her heart.
Old 2008-01-05, 08:27   Link #196
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well, the manga is still a great read If you'd ask me. I have my own issues against it (see my last post). I don't know why but still it's quite entertaining if you'd ask me. I hate Tsukune I admit though I guess I'm already immune to those type of male leads . I really like the sudden change(in a really good way) in the animation and the story concentrating more on the male lead other some monster-of-the-week crap/boss-of-the-week crap and all that stuff.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 08:40   Link #197
Thingle
Banned

Another fanservice pumped series in which the male lead is good-for-nothing. This show needs to make a strong impression in the ff. episodes or else I'll drop it from my list.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 08:44   Link #198
arkxkra
全力全開

1st impression was not bad for me. Moka look cute and true form of Moka look cool, completely fall on her.
Old 2008-01-05, 08:45   Link #199
Thingle
Banned

Aren't they getting tired of wimpy male leads?
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 09:03   Link #200
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, they certainly nailed their panties to the mast by having an up-skirt shot in the first second, and more 'floor mounted camera' shots than I've seen since 'Najica: Blitz Tactics".

Still, Dark Moka was cool.

The jury's out on this one, but it might fit the 'It's daft, but it's fun' slot for this season.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire